Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dised101
Topic Author

Help for an Academic Survey

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Hello all,

My name is Jason Herkimer. I fly for Spirit Airlines and I need 159 pilots to help me complete my dissertation and earn a doctorate. I am performing research on the effect mental health stigma has on aircrews in fulfillment of the requirements for a Doctor in Philosophy (Ph.D.) from the Florida Institute of Technology.

This is a one of a kind study investigating the effect of the stigma of psychological treatment and its effect on a pilots’ willingness to seek treatment for benign psychological issues such as anxiety or stress. I really need your assistance to complete an online survey, which would take 5-10 minutes to complete. To date, there have been no published studies that examine the effect stigma of psychological treatment has on crew resource management between crew members on a flight deck. The study is targeting those who currently fly an airplane that requires two or more pilots. Pilots may access the online questionnaire
at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RQ3QTPV?T1=[T1_value]&T2=[T2_value]&C1=[C1_value] to participate in the survey.

This is research for the safety and well-being of pilots by a current airline pilot! By supporting the research of one of our own pilots and donating your time and input to this research, you will be active in helping one of our own reach an important goal and ensuring the safety and well-being of all pilots in the future. Please take the five minutes to follow the link and fill out the short survey.

Thank you in advance!

dised101
Topic Author

Re: Help for an Academic Survey

Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Thank you to those of you who responded to my request. I am getting closer. I cannot complete the dissertation until I get 159 participants on the survey. I still need 69 more participants.

jnev3289

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:21 pm

dised101 wrote:
Thank you to those of you who responded to my request. I am getting closer. I cannot complete the dissertation until I get 159 participants on the survey. I still need 69 more participants.

Nice. ;)

dised101
Topic Author

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Thank you to those of you who responded to my request. I am getting closer. I cannot complete the dissertation until I get 159 participants on the survey. I still need 61 more participants.

abnormal

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:53 pm

There are other forums that speed things up. PPRUNE is one.
AEF (Airline Employees Forum) is another (Mostly Canadian crews)

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Good luck in reaching your goal!