Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

glbltrvlr
Topic Author

UA SFO Club Status

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Anyone know what the status of the UA club updates are? I thought I read that the club near G security was being remodeled into a Polaris club. The last few times I showed up there on a Polaris ticket, I was told to go to the Global Services lounge near the gates. Yesterday, I was told that was offered by invitation only, and invited to enter the G security lounge. This was fine at 7AM, but by the time I left for the gate at 11AM, was a complete zoo with people sitting on bags in the aisles. When I asked the desk agent what the schedule was for the Polaris lounge, she grimaced and said it wasn't going to open until late 2017 or early 2018.

ual763

Re: UA SFO Club Status

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:31 am

Well I'm on the last United 747 flight (fingers crossed) in Polaris this October. Will probably be the only time I get in Polaris for quite a while. I hope they have the Polaris lounge open by then.

glbltrvlr
Topic Author

Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:00 am

On my trip before this one, I routed myself through ORD for the outbound segment, just to check out the lounge. Very nice, but far too small for the number of people using it. Surprising as they restrict entry to just those on Polaris tickets. Just takes one delayed flight (mine was delayed 3 hours) and people were stacked in line waiting to find a lounge seat or be seated for the menu service. I hope SFO is larger.

daumueller

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:57 am

SFO will not be much larger (it will be in the old UC afaik, opening early 2018)

Then again, I have been at the ORD lounge about 8 times this year (always same time, around 8 PM) and it never felt crowded so this may vary by time of day.

Also keep in mind: it's not just Polaris tickets but also Star Alliance business and first class passengers that get access.