Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

megatop
Topic Author

Jetstar A320

Sun May 21, 2017 9:00 pm

As I am going on a Jetstar A320 from Denpasar to Cairns in October, I would like to know how its like to fly this bird. Any commets please.

george77300

Re: Jetstar A320

Sun May 21, 2017 9:14 pm

megatop wrote:
As I am going on a Jetstar A320 from Denpasar to Cairns in October, I would like to know how its like to fly this bird. Any commets please.

I did two flights on Jetstar A320 last year. MEL-AYQ and DRW-CNS. Both were on time and decent flights. Being a budget airline the legroom was small (not the worst I've had) and the seats also wernt the most comfortable although I was fully expecting this. The crew were nice and as far as I remember the food onboard wasn't too silly priced. Better than easyJet and BA by my recollection. Hope this somewhat helps.

n757kw

Mon May 22, 2017 12:57 am

I have flown on two Jetstar A320s from Singapore to Palembang. Both were well worn on the inside. Legroom was tight. However, most people were sitting forward or the window exits, so I was able to get an entire row to myself.

N757KW

RL777

Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 am

Did a RT from MEL-AYQ about a month ago, I'm not a big guy and it was a tight fit both at the shoulders and knees. Service was decent for an LCC however the boarding process was a s*** show with everybody boarding at once, made for inefficient loading despite using both the forward and aft doors.

n729pa

Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 pm

I've flown Jetstar twice in New Zealand, AKL-CHC and CHC-WLG, couldn't complain. Crew were polite, efficient and friendly, aircraft were clean and tidy. At the end of the day they're a LCC, but probably a slight better than average one. I'd have no problems flying with them again.

neutrino

Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 am

I've been travelling regionally to over ten cities on the A320s of JetStar, TigerAir, CebuPacific and AirAsia for the past 15 years; averaging about 14 flights annually.
Not much difference in comfort level or lack thereof in all four LCCs with their common cramping in of 180 pax in single class.
Most of their birds are quite new so very teeny weeny chance of ending up on a decrepit flying bucket.
I'm 5'6", 170lbs and they are all bearable for the 40mins to 4hrs sectors I've been on, so if you are not much bigger than me, you'll survive.
If you need more wiggle room, then I suggest you ante up a few more dollars to better stretch your legs in the exit rows and also avoid a middle seat.
Of the two mid cabin rows, the one closer to the front is better as there will be less chance of someone jamming their knees into your seat back since it got the same "extra long" legroom.
JetStar recently got the best deals to my destinations, so I'm booked on them next month to HK, Manila in August, Bkk in November and again to Manila in January.
As for F&B, I usually eschew the inflight offerings, filling my stomach about an hour before boarding.
As such, I hardly ever need to go to the airplane toilet as an hour is ample for my bladder to fillup and to open the floodgates before boarding.

Adipasquale

Mon May 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Flew JQ on a SYD-AVV-SYD roundtrip. Not the most generous legroom, but the seats were fine. About what you expect from a LCC.