Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PHOTOSMK
Topic Author

LAX Terminal Shuttle Question

Wed May 17, 2017 1:09 am

Quick question about LAX's Terminal shuttles: I plan on flying to LAX soon and was wondering if I can board the bus on the apron that connect the terminals without having a boarding pass for a flight deprating from one of those terminals? Looks like an amazing shuttle to do some plane spotting from!

Thanks!

PDX88

Re: LAX Terminal Shuttle Question

Wed May 17, 2017 1:45 am

The only experience I have with a terminal transfer at LAX is from T4 to the remote American Eagle terminal, and they do check boarding passes to board the shuttle.

The ride is fantastic as far as aircraft spotting, if you can find a way on the bus I'd recommend taking it.

N644US

Wed May 17, 2017 2:04 am

I'm also pretty sure that the shuttle bus that used to run from T5 to TBIT to connect to VA required a boarding pass check as well. It also looks like that AA's new shuttle from T5 had a stand to check BPs as well, though it wasn't manned when I passed through (flew out on DL from T5 right before the big switch).

And, if DL is doing the same thing as in JFK, you will need a boarding pass to transit between T2 and T3 at LAX.

alasizon

Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 am

PDX88 wrote:
The only experience I have with a terminal transfer at LAX is from T4 to the remote American Eagle terminal, and they do check boarding passes to board the shuttle.

The ride is fantastic as far as aircraft spotting, if you can find a way on the bus I'd recommend taking it.

So long as you look confident in where you are going and tell them what gate your connecting flight it out of (naming any gate will do), they will typically let you on. I've never had anyone ask me for my boarding pass when I was going to/from the nest.

aklrno

Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 am

I've done the tour many times. Just step on the bus without waving a boarding pass. The bus loaders are usually too busy to question why you want to do this.

What you can't do is board a bus going to a remote gate. That is the equivalent of being on the plane.