Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

frmrCapCadet

Re: If you could change one thing about flying as a pax on mainline, what would it be?

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Assign overhead bin to associated seat. I well understand that not all seats might not have that associated bin, so charge a little less for those seats.

This would automatically control for extra large bags, which would impinge into someone else's space. A fair fee to gate check the offending bag.

aeromoe

Re: If you could change one thing about flying as a pax on mainline, what would it be?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
Guess it would have to be cabin temp. What is it with airlines, it seems that it has been way too warm in the cabin for too long. Do not want to sit in a cabin in the high 60's for 3hrs. :hissyfit:

Having trouble figuring out your response. Are you over-exaggerating by saying high 60s Celcius? Just curious.

Moe

readytotaxi

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm

aeromoe wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Guess it would have to be cabin temp. What is it with airlines, it seems that it has been way too warm in the cabin for too long. Do not want to sit in a cabin in the high 60's for 3hrs. :hissyfit:

Having trouble figuring out your response. Are you over-exaggerating by saying high 60s Celcius? Just curious.

Moe

Had several fights where the cabin was so warm you would have been more than comfortable in underware. And yes I did see that once.

ODwyerPW

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 pm

dc9northwest wrote:
ODwyerPW wrote:
I wish people cared more about their appearance when traveling. Bathed, shaven or neatly groomed, tasteful makeup, well done hair, fresh breath, light colognes or perfumes, shoes shined or in otherwise good condition, clean pressed well fitting clothing, etc... Have you been on some flights lately? The cabin looks like a leper colony. Many flight attendants no longer set a good example for personal appearance either. Yeah, I know I'm living in an Ozzy and Harriet dreamworld.

Have you tried going back to the 1950s?

I would have done well in the 50s. :D

tilerchin

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 pm

in addition to the closing window blinds, self control of 787 window settings would be nice

CosmicCruiser

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 pm

interesting replies for sure. I agree with all but one. For me it's a multitude of things so I'll try not to ramble. I have a couple of books on advertising in the 60s & 70s and when you look at the airline ads they were wonderful. Beautiful food, smiling "stewardesses" lots of leg room, etc. If you had asked someone back then what they imagined air travel to be in 2017 they would have imagined space flight and luxury you couldn't imagine. Now fast forward to 2017 and air travel rates down there with riding a bus but add arrogant, angry F/As and TSA. I won't bother you with the last 3 flights my family has been on and the horrible service with uncaring airline reps. But to try to see where all this comes from think small uncomfortable seats, unfriendly personnel , long delays, TSA, lost baggage, diversions that result in you riding a bus to destination, etc, etc.