xjetflyer2001
Topic Author

Best Upper Deck Seat on the UA744 for a Wing View

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:13 am

I will be flying from SFO to NRT in the next 2 weeks on a UA744, I would like to know what you guys think, photos if possible, the best seat is for a nice engine and wing view from the Upper Deck, Rows 9-17 on the UA744. Thanks

PI4EVER

Re: Best Upper Deck Seat on the UA744 for a Wing View

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Window at row 17or window row 16 offer the best view of engines and wing.
Row 17 my favorite and no bother from galley to the rear. The lav's are up front so no fellow passenger traffic in this area until F/A's commence cabin service. Private and quiet.
And contrary to most public opinion on this site, I found the F/A's friendly and personable, food delicious with timely and organized service, flight operated on time for the roundtrip to NRT, resulting in an overall great trip on this fantastic aircraft. My first ride on a 747 was UA as well, in the early 70's from LAX to HNL, and even then a great flight experience in Y.
Best Wishes for an enjoyable trip, and enjoy the experience of a 747 journey as it will soon end service at UA.
watch what you want. you may get it.

xjetflyer2001
Topic Author

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:19 am

PI4EVER wrote:
Window at row 17or window row 16 offer the best view of engines and wing.
Row 17 my favorite and no bother from galley to the rear. The lav's are up front so no fellow passenger traffic in this area until F/A's commence cabin service. Private and quiet.
And contrary to most public opinion on this site, I found the F/A's friendly and personable, food delicious with timely and organized service, flight operated on time for the roundtrip to NRT, resulting in an overall great trip on this fantastic aircraft. My first ride on a 747 was UA as well, in the early 70's from LAX to HNL, and even then a great flight experience in Y.
Best Wishes for an enjoyable trip, and enjoy the experience of a 747 journey as it will soon end service at UA.

Thank You for the info PI4EVER, looking to fly on as many 747 as I can prior the retirement, may be my last one on United

Braniff1

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm

xjetflyer2001 wrote:
I will be flying from SFO to NRT in the next 2 weeks on a UA744, I would like to know what you guys think, photos if possible, the best seat is for a nice engine and wing view from the Upper Deck, Rows 9-17 on the UA744. Thanks

You say you're nearing retirement, congratulations; but be careful. United can have you beaten or they may just try to kill you with the tactics they use. How close was the Dr's head from being smashed on that aisle seat arm? If you do make the round trip in one piece, enjoy the retirement. I find seat 17A- upper deck, first row behind the exit door, may be best for your need. Like I said, be wary of United's, beat and pummel un-friendly skys. Just one flyers opinion.

n92r03

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Braniff1 wrote:
xjetflyer2001 wrote:

You say you're nearing retirement, congratulations; but be careful. United can have you beaten or they may just try to kill you with the tactics they use. How close was the Dr's head from being smashed on that aisle seat arm? If you do make the round trip in one piece, enjoy the retirement. I find seat 17A- upper deck, first row behind the exit door, may be best for your need. Like I said, be wary of United's, beat and pummel un-friendly skys. Just one flyers opinion.

Seriously? Please educate yourself or grow up. Or both.

OP- Enjoy the UA 744, have had great experiences with them and their staff between ORD and HKG going back to 2001.

Braniff1

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm

n92r03 wrote:
Braniff1 wrote:
xjetflyer2001 wrote:

Seriously? Please educate yourself or grow up. Or both.

OP- Enjoy the UA 744, have had great experiences with them and their staff between ORD and HKG going back to 2001.

Gee Dad, thanks for setting me straight. I can only assume that you work for the industry and do not care how people are treated. Ah, again another person or persons, if you consider a child a person, has been harassed by inept airline personnel. You may consider yourself somewhat important and a big stick telling others how to "Grow-up, " yet I find those trying to tell others how to act are most often bullies. Why don't you watch the latest AA saga, it is most revealing. Carry-on, Dad and thanks for the advise.

hOMSaR

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Row 15 is actually the first row behind the exit.

15K is a good window seat. Faces backwards, so you'll see the wings while sitting upright, no need to crane your neck. I sat there last year on a SFO-HKG flight.
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word.
There is no 787-800, nor 787-900 or 747-800. It's 787-8, 787-9, and 747-8.
A321neoLR is also unnecessary. It's simply A321LR.
Airplanes don't have isles, they have aisles.