Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

peterinlisbon
Topic Author

Pegasus Asia

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm looking at booking a flight on this airline from Delhi to Istanbul. The fare is by far the cheapest. However, what I'm concerned about is will they through-check our luggage straight to Istanbul and where can I sleep or lie down at FRU. Does anyone have experience with this?

Departure DEL(DEL) 18.04.2017 - 13:10
Arrival FRU (FRU) 18.04.2017 - 17:40
Flight No: PC701 Class: T

Departure FRU (FRU) 19.04.2017 - 05:35
Arrival IST (SAW) 19.04.2017 - 08:20

TheLion

Re: Pegasus Asia

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 pm

I've actually been to Kyrgyzstan, however it was over 14 years ago so my info is very out of date.

What I can tell you is that FRU is a compact airport so good for a quick getaway. There don't appear to be any hotels in its vicinity, although it's only 25km from the city, maybe 25 mins in a taxi, so accessible for a hotel stay.

As for luggage, just pack a change of clothes and washkit in your cabin bag. I do it all the time. You'll also need a jacket as FRU and Bishkek itself is at altitude (elevation 800 m/2,600 ft) so can be cool at night in Spring.

Good luck, and hope to hear about your trip on here!

debonair

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 am

Despite being a no-frill company, it is possible to check-in your luggage on Pegasus Airlines on International flights - but I would recommend to remove ALL valuable items from the checked luggage (so clothing only).

You will find all information regarding Bishkek airport, as always, here: http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/bishkek.htm

CanadaFair

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:47 am

Its now called Air Manas once again.

BuildingMyBento

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:22 pm

I have been trying to book FRU-KHG (Kashgar, China) on Pegasus, but no dice thus far. Any practical suggestions?

Avionic7779x

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Well, though ive never been on it, i can say it'll be far better than Air India! But id recommend Air Astana or Turkish. But thats my opinion (I look at service, trust ability, and safety, then price)

debonair

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 am

BuildingMyBento wrote:
I have been trying to book FRU-KHG (Kashgar, China) on Pegasus, but no dice thus far. Any practical suggestions?

Try to email them: sales@airmanas.com or info@airmanas.com

peterinlisbon
Topic Author

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 pm

In the end I chose another option (Ahmedabad-Istanbul via Kuwait on Kuwait Airways) because, once you add on the luggage fees and the "transaction fee" or whatever they called it, it cost the same as KU and the long overnight stop sounded very inconvient and tiring. Anyway, I thank everyone for their help.

BuildingMyBento - I did notice something strange about their booking system. When I chose to show me a calendar prices for the whole month, their website didn't show any flights available. However, when I changed it to "I have to fly on this date" it did show availability. I would also recommend using Google Flights.

BuildingMyBento

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Appreciate everyone's replies.

Shucks, looks like it was cancelled: http://airmanas.com/en/news_khg_cancellation.html.