waterpolodan
Topic Author

ANA 777-300 seat question

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Haven't been on this site in ages.

Anyway, I'm flying IAD-NRT later this month on a United codeshare with ANA. I called ANA to get my seat assignments today and I guess I left it a bit too late, everything in economy is middle seats with the exception of 42A. It's the last row on the plane.

Seatguru thinks the seat "may" have limited recline. Given how long the flight is, I'd rather be stuck in the middle further away from a bathroom/galley with full recline, but I wanted to check here to see if anyone can confirm one way or another whether that particular row has full recline.

The ANA agent said that they do, but I want to make sure because of the confusing message on seatguru.

aviationaware

Re: ANA 777-300 seat question

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:15 pm

The Economy seats and ANA do not recline in the traditional sense, but slide forward in a fixed shell. I can't tell you with 100% certainty, but I would be very surprised if the last row was any different. So go ahead with the last row.

waterpolodan
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:21 pm

aviationaware wrote:
The Economy seats and ANA do not recline in the traditional sense, but slide forward in a fixed shell. I can't tell you with 100% certainty, but I would be very surprised if the last row was any different. So go ahead with the last row.

Looking at photos, it appears you're right! That's good news. I can just use an eyeshade and headphones to block out galley noise, should be fine back there.

jkd4855

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Avationaware is exactly right they are fixed shell
Jack straight outta ord