db300
Topic Author

Air France 777 Business seat question

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Greetings. I'm a long-time reader, first--time poster to the forum.

My wife and I will be flying to Paris (MIA-CDG) for a special anniversary trip. It will also be the first time either of us have flown as adults.

I am on the large side in terms of height and width...6'5 with a football player type build. Since this may be our one and only trip to Europe I wanted to ensure a pain-free flight in terms of both height and width, so I got us business class seats on an Air France 777 (three class version).

The seats appear to be the older angle-flat seats and they are in a 2-3-2 configuration.

My one concern actually has to do with the tray table for these seats. Apparently the table is lifted up and out of the middle console, but with as much research as I've done and as many photos I've looked at, I'm not sure how the tray table works.

Given my size, I'd like to know if the tray table is moveable--is it attached to an arm that will allow it to swing out or be positioned where I want, or is it only in one fixed position? I'll need to do some work on the laptop as well as hoping to enjoy the meals on AF and am curious about how comfortable I'll be with the tray table out and if there will be enough room for it.

Thanks to all greatly for the help and answers.

FGITD

Re: Air France 777 Business seat question

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:39 am

The tray table slides in/out a decent amount. Definitely not fixed.

The old business configuration is nice when traveling with someone, but it's a shame you won't get to try the newer AF seats. Enjoy your trip!

db300
Topic Author

Re: Air France 777 Business seat question

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank you for your answer and for putting my mind at ease. I was really worried about not being able to enjoy what I hear is very good food aboard Air France :)

Yes, the newer seats do look very good, but you are right that for a couple travelling together it seems like a great option.

Thanks for the wishes as well.