Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

traindoc
Topic Author

Flightboard app

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:04 am

The Flightboard app by Mobiata is no more! Is there another app that does the same thing? Since I travel alot, I like being able to track inbound flights. It is also convenient to get real time airport info when there are weather problems. Thanks!

MaxTrimm

Re: Flightboard app

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:18 am

Flightradar24 is great

VS4ever

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:29 am

Some of the airline apps track the inbound flights too. United in particular, in fact you can go back more than one flight on that one.

KTPAFlyer

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:13 am

Yeah I was really saddened to learn about it too.

FR24 is great, but Mobiata really did make the most useful apps out there for avgeeks or just people in general. There really is no equivalent to either FlightBoard or FlightTrack, it was so easy to use, to find info quickly without wasting a massive amount of time on FR, and it gave you a compact listing of gate, equipment, route, times, without all the rest in a nice clean way. FlightBoard was actually the first app I ever downloaded so it meant a lot to me. FlightTrack was just as useful for logging trips, and there was and is no comparison to any other apps. One of its most useful features that I have yet to see in any other app was that even if you never saw your aircraft, it told you the reg which was a blessing if it was dark or you were in a hurry. It also made it really easy to understand delays or early arrivals through a visual "in the air" time, and told you gate info ahead of time, in addition to weather and flight plans hours or even days ahead of time which was super useful if planning on doing air-ground photography. My mind was always blown as to how they had access to this info because you can't find it anywhere else, even on the airline site. These apps will greatly be missed, RIP. :ashamed:

The good news is that they say that elements from both apps will be incorporated into future versions of Expedia, so you might be able to log flights and check the boards just like the good old days.