wjcandee
Topic Author

Re: Amazon Fleet Growing

Wed May 31, 2017 2:43 am

Well, we need to define a little better what we mean by "international".

Amazon of course receives shipments from manufacturers from around the world to its distribution centers, at the vendors' expense. Smart vendors will schedule production and shipping so that they can use the most economical methods, which are container ship for overseas and rail for North America. Floating stuff is more efficient than anything. Some container stuff will make its way onto truck chassis, or onto rail flatcars to be delivered to the distribution center by truck. All this stuff is usually planned out way in advance. If you as a vendor have to ship something by air, something has gone wrong: either demand has far-outstripped supply or you are late with production, or there has been some catastrophe somewhere in the supply chain, and it's worth putting a few pallets of units on a plane to get them to the distribution center to fill the gap until the ones you are putting on a boat are going to arrive.

Prime Air has nothing to do with any of this.

The second kind of International might be shipping things to customers in countries other than the US from distribution centers in the US. Possible, I suppose, but expensive. If Amazon is going to serve other countries, it is probably more efficient to have a specific set of items sold in that country sitting in a distribution center there, shipped there by manufacturers, then to distribute. No customs snags on individual packages, no huge air expense, etc., etc. But if you would do this, it would for now be more efficient to ship it by an existing carrier, particularly if you didn't have an distribution mechanism at the far end.

The third kind of International might be facilitating the delivery of items sold by foreign sellers looking to sell into the US. There are a few Amazon Marketplace sellers who keep their inventory in China, sell on ebay and Amazon and alibaba, and then ship individual packages to the US. It sucks hard for a lot of purchasers of those items, as China Post meanders its way to the US. Yuck.
That's a market that Amazon has looked at addressing in a variety of ways. First, they can facilitate brokering the shipment of a group of items to one of their DCs in the US to hold and distribute from there for the seller for a fee. Second, they can take groups of packages to the US in bulk, prelabeled, and run them through their distribution network. I know they were looking at the first kind, at least, which doesn't really implicate Amazon Prime Air any more than any other package in a US distribution center would. The second might be interesting, but it's still expensive. (The second way is how a lot of iPhones are distributed to the US on launch. They are packaged, address-labeled, and built into pallets in China, which are then shipped to the US. Significantly-advance pre-orders can even come by boat. Interestingly, DHL did a spectacular job on the rollout of the original iPhone to AT&T stores exactly this way. Later iterations were even delivered direct to the addressee by this method. )

wjcandee
Topic Author

Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 am

BOEING777EK wrote:
The next 767-300ER for amazon prime is ln681 this is an Ex. TAM 767 which has winglets registered as N1381A conversion should begin soon

Does anyone know if this aircraft is still in MEX? I haven't seen it move yet. Given that it has winglets, is it going to QPG to become a BCF (because there is an STC on that line for winglet aircraft)? Or will it go to TLV in the expectation that IAI/Bedek will have their STC soon for 767-300 aircraft with winglets?

BOEING777EK

Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 am

wjcandee wrote:
BOEING777EK wrote:
The next 767-300ER for amazon prime is ln681 this is an Ex. TAM 767 which has winglets registered as N1381A conversion should begin soon

Does anyone know if this aircraft is still in MEX? I haven't seen it move yet. Given that it has winglets, is it going to QPG to become a BCF (because there is an STC on that line for winglet aircraft)? Or will it go to TLV in the expectation that IAI/Bedek will have their STC soon for 767-300 aircraft with winglets?
Im not sure yet if it will be cvtd in QPG or TLV as the data for this aircraft came quite recently

wjcandee
Topic Author

Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 pm

BOEING777EK wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
BOEING777EK wrote:

Im not sure yet if it will be cvtd in QPG or TLV as the data for this aircraft came quite recently

Thank you for sharing such current info!

travaz

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 am

wjcandee wrote:
Well, we need to define a little better what we mean by "international".

Amazon of course receives shipments from manufacturers from around the world to its distribution centers, at the vendors' expense. Smart vendors will schedule production and shipping so that they can use the most economical methods, which are container ship for overseas and rail for North America. Floating stuff is more efficient than anything. Some container stuff will make its way onto truck chassis, or onto rail flatcars to be delivered to the distribution center by truck. All this stuff is usually planned out way in advance. If you as a vendor have to ship something by air, something has gone wrong: either demand has far-outstripped supply or you are late with production, or there has been some catastrophe somewhere in the supply chain, and it's worth putting a few pallets of units on a plane to get them to the distribution center to fill the gap until the ones you are putting on a boat are going to arrive.

Prime Air has nothing to do with any of this.

The second kind of International might be shipping things to customers in countries other than the US from distribution centers in the US. Possible, I suppose, but expensive. If Amazon is going to serve other countries, it is probably more efficient to have a specific set of items sold in that country sitting in a distribution center there, shipped there by manufacturers, then to distribute. No customs snags on individual packages, no huge air expense, etc., etc. But if you would do this, it would for now be more efficient to ship it by an existing carrier, particularly if you didn't have an distribution mechanism at the far end.

The third kind of International might be facilitating the delivery of items sold by foreign sellers looking to sell into the US. There are a few Amazon Marketplace sellers who keep their inventory in China, sell on ebay and Amazon and alibaba, and then ship individual packages to the US. It sucks hard for a lot of purchasers of those items, as China Post meanders its way to the US. Yuck.
That's a market that Amazon has looked at addressing in a variety of ways. First, they can facilitate brokering the shipment of a group of items to one of their DCs in the US to hold and distribute from there for the seller for a fee. Second, they can take groups of packages to the US in bulk, prelabeled, and run them through their distribution network. I know they were looking at the first kind, at least, which doesn't really implicate Amazon Prime Air any more than any other package in a US distribution center would. The second might be interesting, but it's still expensive. (The second way is how a lot of iPhones are distributed to the US on launch. They are packaged, address-labeled, and built into pallets in China, which are then shipped to the US. Significantly-advance pre-orders can even come by boat. Interestingly, DHL did a spectacular job on the rollout of the original iPhone to AT&T stores exactly this way. Later iterations were even delivered direct to the addressee by this method. )

Very interesting Wjcandee appreciate the insight.

BOEING777EK

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Does anyone know when the next conversion 767 for prime air will roll out?

BTVB6Flyer

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:38 am

Some weird TPA movement tonight ABX6501 showing going to BNA soon and ABX6500 going back to CVG soon. Today saw 3x CVG-TPA.
https://es.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /KTPA/KBNA
https://es.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /KTPA/KCVG

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:48 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Some weird TPA movement tonight ABX6501 showing going to BNA soon and ABX6500 going back to CVG soon. Today saw 3x CVG-TPA.
https://es.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /KTPA/KBNA
https://es.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /KTPA/KCVG

Good catch!

This is what seems to have happened. 750AX (a Prime Air regular) had been doing BWI-TPA-BWI for a few days. It flew down to TPA from BWI just after midnight on Thursday (i.e. late Wednesday night) and broke.

767AX (another Prime Air regular) had been on TPA-CVG-TPA, and so was sitting in TPA having arrived about 3pm on Wednesday afternoon. So ABX put 767AX on the 4:30am TPA-BWI return leg, and got it out on time.

Now it needed an aircraft to cover the 8am departure from TPA to CVG. So ABX sent 773AX (in DHL colors and not usually used on Prime Air) from CVG down to TPA at like 3:30am as ABX6200, arriving about 5:15am. 773AX then covered the 8am TPA-CVG leg, and then went off to do other things.

ABX then used 768AX (all-white, a Prime Air regular) to do the afternoon CVG-TPA flight. At this point, 750AX was sitting in TPA with nothing to do, so ABX made plans for it. First, it looked like maybe it was going to go pick up a DHL flight at BNA, but instead was sent back to CVG as ABX6500. I think that covers what was up.

Me, I was curious about this because we have heard about BNA as maybe someday a Prime Air location, so I wondered if it was a reposition to start something there, but it doesn't look like it. Also, I would be dubious about ABX picking up another 767-200 route, as I assume that further expansion will be with the 767-300s.

Atlas has had N1229A sitting at MIA, painted and (presumably) ready-to-go, for over a week now, and yet it isn't in service. In other words, Atlas has five available aircraft for 3 routes (and a CVG spare). Meanwhile, ATI should have another aircraft out of paint before Monday and presumably in-service within a week or so of that. So I was thinking that maybe we would see another couple of routes coming on as of 6/1, but it doesn't look like it at the moment.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:18 am

BOEING777EK wrote:
Does anyone know when the next conversion 767 for prime air will roll out?

Well, I think the next one to go into revenue service should be N1229A, which has been finished with paint and, after a ferry from AMA, sitting in MIA for a week. That would be with GTI.

ATI, meanwhile, has N353AZ (probably still operating as N371AA) in paint at GYR since Saturday May 20. It should be done with paint by Monday or Tuesday, then to ILN for induction. That can take up to two weeks, but probably will go a bit faster. So that's probably the second one into service.

GTI has N1709A at GYR. It had been stored there by the previous owner, and was already a freighter, and just needs to be readied for service and painted. I don't know what the schedule is on this, but since the day that Whiplash6 pointed out that it was there and coming aboard, it has been long enough for it to have been painted at Dean Baldwin there at GYR and serviced; presumably it will need induction and mechanical work, and I don't know if that will be done there (or, frankly, even if the painting will be done there -- GTI had been using Premier in RME to paint and service its Prime Air aircraft, but just had Leading Edge do the last one at AMA, so they are obviously not completely-wedded to one vendor, which means that it isn't completely beyond-the-pale to think that Dean Baldwin might paint it, as they have been painting all the ATI Prime Air 767-300s, except the first one). So I just keep an eye on it to see if it moves anywhere, and if so where, and that will give us an idea of where it is in the queue.

N1181A (probably still reg as N505CS) has been in TLV since late November 2016, and thus should be done soon, depending upon the shape that Mega Global Air left it in for GTI. It doesn't have winglets, so it isn't being held up by the IAI/Bedek winglet STC issue. That may be the next GTI one to come out of TLV and go into paint.

N1321A is at QPG for conversion since February, and I only mention it now because QPG has been turning the BCF conversions around very quickly. Probably not quickly enough to be coming our way before another month or so, but it's worth noting. And they have been arriving Stateside already-painted from QPG.

N337AZ (probably still reg N386AA) should have been coming stateside after conversion at TLV within about the next two weeks, but it has winglets, and thus is likely to be delayed due to the IAI/Bedek winglet STC issue.

N395CM and N396CM, two more ATI aircraft for Amazon service (as spares, at least at this time), probably won't be with us until August. One has winglets and one does not. There is one more CAM-owned 767-300 in the middle of conversion at TLV, and that is N370AA, which doesn't seem to have been earmarked for Amazon. It, too, should/would be out of conversion later this month, but it has winglets, so it may be delayed.

Other aircraft of interest on the ATI side are the CAM aircraft that haven't been earmarked for anyone, at least publicly. These include 372AA, which is sitting at ILN since March 29. Not sure what's happening with it. Also 382AN which has been in conversion at TLV since April 6.

Other aircraft to follow on the GTI side are: 1361A (at QPG since 4/3), 1373A (at TLV since 2/20, with winglets), 1327A (possibly still in storage at LDE, no winglets), 1381A (possibly still in storage at MEX), 1399A (at TLV for conversion since 5/8, no winglets) and 1427A (possibly still in storage at LDE, no winglets). Some of those "stored" aircraft made have made their way to QPG without me picking up that fact, but so far, they are most likely still stored.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:49 am

Left off above post: 1381A (formerly PT-MOH) has winglets.

Aldos

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 am

Please let me join this interesting conversation!

Wjcandee your analysis is quite interesting and it shows your knowledge of Amazon. However my view is that the “3 internationals” should not be taken separately to have the full picture of market potential and Amazon’s opportunities.

It is true that today first mile (e.g. vendor place to Amazon fulfilment centre) is outside Amazon logistic chain except for the few hundreds containers sea shipped by “Amazon logistic+” service by Beijing Century Joyo Courier Service Co., Ltd operating as a subsidiary of Amazon.com Inc. It is also true that 90% of world cargo is sea shipped because of the cost advantage and Amazon traffic does not make an exception.

As far as considering, what I call “long distance cross border”, shipping things to customers in countries other than the US (or EU) from distribution centres in the US (or EU) this is already happening thanks to “Amazon Global : international shipping made easy”. Amazon Global give the opportunity to customers living in China/Mexico/India to buy items advertised in the US, EU and probably JPN (tbc) and being delivered directly to their home, all duties paid! And on top of it they are (mostly) Prime eligible

The third market, related to facilitate the flux of from foreign sellers (mainly China, but India & Mexico shall be considered as well) looking to sell into western markets US, EU and JPN, is probably the most advertised one but that should be considered either in the frame of “first mile” if directed to Amazon fulfilment centres from seller site or in the frame of Amazon Global if considered as a “long distance cross border” (AMZ FC mature market to AMZ FC emerging market). A third option is to consider it in the frame of FBA.

As mentioned, separately the “3 internationals” do not make a business case, but if you take them together you will get the volumes (high & constant in both directions East and West) and consequently the costs down in a positive circle of few hundreds US$ bn; you will be able to reduce shipping time (currently 9-12 business days for Amazon Global) with consequent customer satisfaction, loyalty and Prime membership fees. This can be done by third parties initially but Amazon will take over as soon as they feel ready to further optimise and finally to sell logistic services as platform (AWS model)

That’s my view.

Whiplash6

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 pm

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Whiplash6 wrote:

Smart article. Thanks for posting! This article recognizes the freight-brokerage service that has been talked about for some time, regarding exactly what we talked about above.

BTVB6Flyer

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Good stuff wjcandee!

Another one that could use you to solve the puzzle.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI ... /KTPA/KMIA

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI9530 (MIA-TPA)

A little switch-a-roo?

Acey559

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:07 am

N353AZ is going to be delayed out of paint for a few days, but is still scheduled to enter service on time later this month.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:08 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Good stuff wjcandee!

Another one that could use you to solve the puzzle.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI ... /KTPA/KMIA

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI9530 (MIA-TPA)

A little switch-a-roo?

Yes. These are ferry/reposition flights. You have discovered that GTI is finally putting 1229A into service. It left MIA on the one flight you noticed, and the aircraft that had just arrived in TPA, N1997A, went off to sit at MIA. Now what I would like to see is another route added for GTI.

MEMbrain

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:57 am

Whiplash6 wrote:

This is a violation of 1224's scope. Expect a grievance to be filed.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:19 am

Hi, MEM. Since we don't know what "it" is, a grievance might be somewhat premature at this point. However, I fully expect that if ever and whenever 1224's scope clause is violated, they should and would file a grievance.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:25 am

Acey559 wrote:
N353AZ is going to be delayed out of paint for a few days, but is still scheduled to enter service on time later this month.

Thanks, Acey! The real question for me is what the schedule is on N337AZ, given that I haven't seen anything yet about IAI receiving its STC for winglet 767-300s, and whether any rework will be necessary when they do.

The same issue affects 395CM for ATI and 370AA for CAM, as well as 1373A for GTI.

flyDTW1992

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:58 am

wjcandee wrote:
Whiplash6 wrote:

Smart article. Thanks for posting! This article recognizes the freight-brokerage service that has been talked about for some time, regarding exactly what we talked about above.

CGO's busy these days. Both Atlas and Kalitta are also operating flights between CGO and North America. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon has space booked on any number of such flights.
Now you're flying smart

MEMbrain

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Talk on APC about Atlas going bankrupt. 1224 had a meeting and their EB raised the definite possibility of Atlas declaring bankruptcy in order to facilitate the contract amalgamation between Atlas and SAI. Their EB thinks that since Atlas has had no luck with them at the negotiating table, going bankrupt would allow the court to impose and amalgamated deal that would benefit management.

Acey559

Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:01 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

Thanks, Acey! The real question for me is what the schedule is on N337AZ, given that I haven't seen anything yet about IAI receiving its STC for winglet 767-300s, and whether any rework will be necessary when they do.

The same issue affects 395CM for ATI and 370AA for CAM, as well as 1373A for GTI.

I'm curious as well. I'll be in Wilmington pretty soon so I'll see if I'm able to answer a few questions for you.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:20 pm

MEM: Particularly with respect to RLA carriers, there are very limited abilities of bankruptcy courts to screw with union contracts; there were new laws enacted after Lorenzo. I haven't looked at the details in years, but this seems pretty farfetched. Just an initial reaction, though. Could be wrong...

BOEING777EK

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Acey559 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Acey559 wrote:
Wonder whats causing the delay for paint

BOEING777EK

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:18 pm

The Boeing 757-200(PCF) would be a good plane for Amazon Primes short-haul flights which the PCF can carry the most cargo from all 757 freighter modifications as Prime Airs looking to carry the most cargo with their planes would be a good choice for fleet expansion and fast delivery for short-haul flights.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:27 am

BOEING777EK wrote:
The Boeing 757-200(PCF) would be a good plane for Amazon Primes short-haul flights which the PCF can carry the most cargo from all 757 freighter modifications as Prime Airs looking to carry the most cargo with their planes would be a good choice for fleet expansion and fast delivery for short-haul flights.

Right now, I think the smallest they would use would be the 767-200. The ability to load 4 extra 88x125 ULDs is helpful.

Acey559

Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:39 am

BOEING777EK wrote:
Acey559 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Wonder whats causing the delay for paint

I'm honestly not sure; that was never made clear to us. Could be congestion at the GYR paint facility or perhaps issues with the painting itself, but that's just conjecture on my part. The good news is that it will not delay the entry into service of the aircraft.

Fixinthe757

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:38 am

N374AA and N7375A are here at BFM for heavy c check before conversion to Prime Air
If a gun is sitting on a table, will it pull its own trigger and kill someone? Didn't think so. Guns aren't the problem, its the people who think they are. Maybe we should ban people.....

frmrCapCadet

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:11 pm

What are the economics of a 747-400 - cost, cost of conversion to freight, maintenance, operations? Seems like there will be so many of them available.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

BOEING777EK

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Fixinthe757 wrote:
N374AA and N7375A are here at BFM for heavy c check before conversion to Prime Air
Interesting as they have no winglets but are in the AA livery

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Fixinthe757 wrote:

These are apparently for CAM, not sure they're yet for Prime, but let's hope. CAM seems very pleased with these old AA 767-300s.

glfblz59

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Well, IF U Google Amazon airplanes, you get this...
https://www.geekwire.com/2016/amazon-pr ... e-seafair/
What I say 3 mos. ago - online.
They are white & blue 763's. All rehabbed and flown by ABX &
DHL crews.

Spacepope

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:03 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
What are the economics of a 747-400 - cost, cost of conversion to freight, maintenance, operations? Seems like there will be so many of them available.

Conversion costs will be high as it has been nearly a decade since the last one was converted from pax. Program is pretty much dead. Sending an existing BCF or BDSF through a heavy check to bring it back to service might be doable.
The last of the famous international playboys

MajMattMason

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:27 am

glfblz59 wrote:
DHL crews.

Correction:

The 763's painted in Amazon livery are being flown by ATI (6 now, 8 total by the end of Aug). And Atlas has 3 (2 more I think are ready I think to be put into service).

wjcandee
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:18 am

MajMattMason wrote:
glfblz59 wrote:
DHL crews.

Correction:

The 763's painted in Amazon livery are being flown by ATI (6 now, 8 total by the end of Aug). And Atlas has 3 (2 more I think are ready I think to be put into service).

Correct. Atlas just put the fifth one into service yesterday, but still 3 routes for now. And of course, ATI and ABX have basically 12 767-200s working for Prime Air between them, plus a couple of spares.

BOEING777EK

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:40 am

Looks like N1321A has rolled out of conversion this is an Ex. Nordwind Boeing 767-300ER LN587 22 years old was registered as VQ-BPT No Winglets

wjcandee
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:49 am

BOEING777EK wrote:
Looks like N1321A has rolled out of conversion this is an Ex. Nordwind Boeing 767-300ER LN587 22 years old was registered as VQ-BPT No Winglets

Wow. I put it towards the top of my recent conversion list because I knew QPG was getting them out quickly, but that's impressive. Four months, start to finish at QPG. These are usually painted over there at QPG. Since paint usually takes about 2 weeks, I'm assuming that it isn't also painted at this point.

Got any photos?

IAI says it can do a 767-300 conversion in about 3 months, but I think that assumes a clean aircraft with no c-check necessary, and a Bedek shop that isn't as busy as IAI/Bedek is now. They are generally running 6 months on the most-recent conversions. (A couple as soon as five, one particularly-rough aircraft took 7.) So for QPG to do this one (and another one previously) in 4 months is impressive.

Fixinthe757

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:38 am

wjcandee wrote:
Fixinthe757 wrote:

These are apparently for CAM, not sure they're yet for Prime, but let's hope. CAM seems very pleased with these old AA 767-300s.

According to the management on the planes theyre both going to Prime Air
If a gun is sitting on a table, will it pull its own trigger and kill someone? Didn't think so. Guns aren't the problem, its the people who think they are. Maybe we should ban people.....

wjcandee
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Fixinthe757 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Fixinthe757 wrote:

According to the management on the planes theyre both going to Prime Air

Do you know which side of the Prime Air house they are going to; i.e. Is the customer to be ATI/Cargo Aircraft Management OR Atlas/Titan Aircraft Leasing? It would be intriguing if they were going to ATI/CAM, given that they have already met their commitment of 767-200s and 767-300s; this would bean that they were getting more. Meanwhile, Atlas had sourced most, but not all, of the aircraft it planned to convert, and these would move closer to that goal if indeed they were for Atlas.

In any event, thanks as always for your knowledgeable posts!

BOEING777EK

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:27 pm

wjcandee wrote:
BOEING777EK wrote:

Wow. I put it towards the top of my recent conversion list because I knew QPG was getting them out quickly, but that's impressive. Four months, start to finish at QPG. These are usually painted over there at QPG. Since paint usually takes about 2 weeks, I'm assuming that it isn't also painted at this point.

Got any photos?

IAI says it can do a 767-300 conversion in about 3 months, but I think that assumes a clean aircraft with no c-check necessary, and a Bedek shop that isn't as busy as IAI/Bedek is now. They are generally running 6 months on the most-recent conversions. (A couple as soon as five, one particularly-rough aircraft took 7.) So for QPG to do this one (and another one previously) in 4 months is impressive.
Sorry since i don't live in Singapore near QPG airport i don't have any photos :hissyfit: we have to wait until it enters service :bouncy:

yochai

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Atlas Air N1181A ex N505CS and Mega Maldives 8Q-MEH is out of freighter conversion at TLV and is scheduled for a pre delivery test flight tomorrow

BOEING777EK

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 pm

yochai wrote:
Atlas Air N1181A ex N505CS and Mega Maldives 8Q-MEH is out of freighter conversion at TLV and is scheduled for a pre delivery test flight tomorrow
Conversions are coming in and coming out pretty quick right now in the prime air fleet we had VQ-BPT also come out of conversion at QPG as N1321A

BOEING777EK

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Does anyone know the difference between the 767-300 BCF and BDSF i only know that the BCF is Boeing launched conversion whereas the BDSF is none Boeing is there any difference between the cargo the BCF and BDSF carry?

Allee

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:25 am

BOEING777EK wrote:
Does anyone know the difference between the 767-300 BCF and BDSF i only know that the BCF is Boeing launched conversion whereas the BDSF is none Boeing is there any difference between the cargo the BCF and BDSF carry?

The 300 BDSF and 300 BCF have identical cargo capacities-24 88"X125" in top deck plus another 4 in the forward belly.

The 200 BDSF and 200SF are different. The 200SF fits an extra 88"X125" position behind the flight deck whereas the BDSF has a galley and jumpseat in that area. ABX has one N312AA (they also had N315AA but that went to Raya)

Aldos

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:59 am

Gentlemen,

anybody knows about the Prime Air Service in Europe? It was running as trial by ASL France (F-GIXN) between Kassel-Wroclaw-Doncaster, but apparently they stooped operations around mid-may with a very short notice. Since then no further news

wjcandee
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 pm

N371AA, to be 353AZ, is out of paint at GYR and should be on its way to ILN within the hour.

travaz

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:02 am

371AA left GYR about 19:34 Local AZ time and is currently about to pass into NM along I-40 in route to ILN

https://www.flightradar24.com/N371AA/dab708d

Edit to add Flight radar 24 link

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:45 am

N1321A is on its way from QPG to GUM. Coming back to US. Looks like it will arrive before N1181A, which is still at TLV.

travaz

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:02 am

Its weird I can find N1321A on Flightaware but nowhere to be found on Flightradar24

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:14 am

travaz wrote:
Its weird I can find N1321A on Flightaware but nowhere to be found on Flightradar24

That's not unusual. Sometimes you can find an aircraft on one but not the other, or a flight on one but not the other. Also, sometimes you can pick it up later in a flight on a long flight. Different data sources.

And this flight is a US carrier going to a US territory, so the fact that flightaware is often spotty outside the US isn't really an issue for this flight. If it was going QPG to HAN instead of GUM, you might not see it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos