xjet

Re: Amazon Fleet Growing

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:22 am

wjcandee wrote:
xjet wrote:
There is some talk that the next Atlas route will be SEA-ABE starting in late March.

I think you will find that that route will be operated by ATI as of 4/1. What routes Atlas has coming will be interesting to see. I can think of one ABE-based one that it should get, assuming that that route continues. The CVG-bypassing routes are being substantially-revamped.

I think you will find that Atlas will start flying ABE-SEA on 4/3.... but what do I know...

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:07 am

xjet wrote:
I think you will find that Atlas will start flying ABE-SEA on 4/3.... but what do I know...

Very interesting. I meant to say 5/1, not 4/1, as noted above. If you have knowledge that this Monday will see an ABE-SEA-ABE run by Atlas, I have no reason to dispute that. But quite a few routes will be rationalized on 5/1, and it's possible that Atlas will be doing something else come then, or that ATI will add a 767-200 as a second aircraft on that route (or, I suppose, that plans have changed and ATI isn't going to have a 762 on that route as of 5/1).

Glad to see that Atlas is finally getting another of its aircraft up and running for Amazon. :-)

xjet

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:18 pm

For clarity, It isn't as if Atlas hasn't been able to get it up and running. At this point in the calendar the staffing model hasn't become impossible. Later this year could get quite interesting, however.

Amazon chose to have Atlas staff the hot spare in ABE. Crews have been staffing reserve in ABE around the clock. I think it has only activated once. Some of the older -200s have had some hiccups. ABX has covered ATI out of ILN and RFD.

I don't know what the hot spare plan is going forward, but there will definitely be one or two in the system. It's anyone's guess who staffs them.

Of course, as you say there, there will be a lot of interesting route news in May. Initially, I expect to simply see a move of ILN to CVG. Same routes, just different end point. I believe ABE will remain stable in the near term. Its the gateway to NYC after all.

cvgComair

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:04 pm

According to (http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/n ... te-to.html), Amazon is laying off 296 handling employees at Wilmington (plus 37 maintenance workers, though its unclear how Amazon plans to do maintenance at CVG, they probably will work with Delta like DHL currently does). DHL is hiring about 900 employees for ground handling services starting on 5/1, while some will work for DHL, the majority are being hired for Amazon. As a result, I would expect this means Amazon will be operating 2-3x the volume it does currently at ILN when it arrives at CVG on 5/1. For another point of comparison, DHL has 2,500 employees to run its hub with ~80 daily departures, or 31 employees per flight. If Amazon will have roughly 900 employees on 5/1, that gives roughly ~30 departures/day. Using these rough calculations, it would be reasonable to expect many of these point-to-point routes would be eliminated. Of course these calculations are making a lot of assumptions, but its not likely that 900 employees are need to do the the same amount of work 300 are currently doing. It will be interesting to see wether they add new routes from CVG, or they operate multiple daily flights on current routes ILN has.

Looking at flightaware, they are currently doing about 10 daily departures out of ILN a day, the 300:900 employees for 10:30 daily flights seems pretty logical.
Next: CMH-BOS, Delta Air Lines E170
A319/320/332, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340

Whiplash6

Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Atlas' second route begins today, 4/2, ABE-SEA.

1049A will be used as hot spare in ABE until 5/1 when the 3rd route, TPA-CVG-SEA, begins, and SKF-CVG-ONT replaces the ABE route.

1361A is enroute to Singapore for conversion.

bravoindia

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Whiplash6 wrote:

1049A will be used as hot spare in ABE until 5/1 when the 3rd route, TPA-CVG-SEA, begins, and SKF-CVG-ONT replaces the ABE route.

Replaces what ABE route? So does ABE gain SEA and lose Atlas on ONT?
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

Whiplash6

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:58 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
bravoindia wrote:
Whiplash6 wrote:

I'm not sure what your question is but according to my source none of the 3 Atlas routes will be through ABE.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:02 pm

CVG -- I wouldn't deduce too much from the DHL announcements or with a comparison of how LGSTX staffs stuff vs how DHL staffs stuff. I think we need to see how many people actually are working on 5/1. Remember that the total network will more-than-double in number of flights over the next 20 months, and significantly increase the volume of freight carried (owing to the larger number of pallets that can be carried on the 767-300 vs the -200). So the 900 may well be an expected-in-the-future-when-all-40-aircraft-are-operating number.

I also wouldn't deduce too much from the sloppy wording of reporters who don't understand the business. "Amazon" isn't laying off anyone. What they are doing is firing LGSTX, the ATSG subsidiary which was doing the cross-dock work at ILN, and hiring DHL to do that work, since they are using DHL's ramp for the cross-dock operation for now. Amazon is, however, offering the displaced LGSTX workers the opportunity to work for Amazon in one of their distribution centers. Similarly, Amazon doesn't employ any maintenance workers, because it is dry-leasing the aircraft and maintenance is the responsibility of the operating carrier. All of ABX, ATI and Atlas currently have operations at CVG, where they fly for DHL. I don't expect that the "maintenance" operation for any of those carriers at CVG will change much from what it is now, except for volume. (It is true that Amazon is hiring a few folks at headquarters with maintenance expertise to monitor the condition of its leased assets, but it isn't staffing up a maintenance operation.)

Also, understand that DHL runs a package-sorting operation at CVG for its packages. Amazon doesn't sort packages at a hub. Accordingly, DHL's people-per-aircraft numbers are going to be higher than what is needed to move pallets between aircraft. Amazon builds pallets at the origin station by destination, and swaps full pallets among aircraft at ILN (and soon CVG); it doesn't sort individual packages. It doesn't have to sort packages because it is a single shipper shipping huge volumes and can build full pallets by destination when it ships the packages. A typical express operation, in contrast, takes in packages from many shippers at origin, all going to myriad destinations, and those packages have to be sorted at the hub.
Last edited by wjcandee on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:08 pm

bravoindia wrote:
Whiplash6 wrote:

I understand what you are asking. As of yesterday, Atlas was running ONT-DFW-ABE-ONT. Now they are adding ABE-SEA-ABE. That's two routes that transit ABE. Whiplash has told us that, come, 5/1, Atlas will add TPA-CVG-SEA, and substitute SKF-CVG-ONT for one of its ABE routes. The problem is that there will be two ABE-transiting routes that could be being replaced. And you are asking which one.

I think the answer may be that TPA-CVG-SEA is a line, not a route. That is, the Atlas pilots will fly their aircraft from TPA to CVG to SEA and back. But the "route", as we think of it on here, is actually two routes: SEA-CVG-SEA and TPA-CVG-TPA. In other words, it will take two aircraft to cover. One aircraft will fly TPA-CVG-SEA and the other SEA-CVG-TPA on any given day, thus taking packages from SEA to CVG and back, and the other TPA to CVG and back. The problem is that whiplash has described another route, SKF-CVG-ONT, which, as he describes it, would also seem to require two aircraft. So who knows?

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:44 pm

As an EWAG, I'm thinking that the SKF-CVG-ONT route described by Whiplash may be SKF-CVG-ONT-SKF, which would require only one aircraft. I expect another carrier to be flying SKF-CVG-SKF, so there wouldn't seem to need to be a two-aircraft operation by Atlas on the route Whiplash describes.

Whiplash6

Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Two Atlas planes both operating separate TPA-CVG-SEA flights and another on SKF-CVG-ONT beginning May 1.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Whiplash6 wrote:
Two Atlas planes both operating separate TPA-CVG-SEA flights and another on SKF-CVG-ONT beginning May 1.

Thank you for the explanation!

Whiplash6

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:02 pm

wjcandee wrote:
As an EWAG, I'm thinking that the SKF-CVG-ONT route described by Whiplash may be SKF-CVG-ONT-SKF, which would require only one aircraft. I expect another carrier to be flying SKF-CVG-SKF, so there wouldn't seem to need to be a two-aircraft operation by Atlas on the route Whiplash describes.

I'm showing. ONT-SKF-CVG-ONT

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Whiplash6 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

I'm showing. ONT-SKF-CVG-ONT

That makes sense -- originating and overnighting in ONT rather than SKF. Again, thank you!

bravoindia

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Thank you for the explanation but I guess my concern was that we would lose ONT which to me wouldn't make sense if it's sustainable. So would ATI cover it or would we indeed see a cut in traffic due to CVG.
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:19 am

bravoindia wrote:
Thank you for the explanation but I guess my concern was that we would lose ONT which to me wouldn't make sense if it's sustainable. So would ATI cover it or would we indeed see a cut in traffic due to CVG.

You guys are the gateway to NYC and the Tri-State area. Stuff leaves your airport and goes, among other places, right to Avenel, where it is prepared for last mile delivery by the USPS and by Amazon-contracted local delivery. More and more and more of the ground-network stuff in the Northeast is being delivered by the USPS and organic Amazon delivery, so it makes sense that more and more air stuff will as well. Every station I hear about in the short term is outside of the Northeast. That should tell you something about how well ABE is positioned as a node on the Amazon air network.

There will be a new ABE-SEA-ABE. There will continue to be an ABE-CVG (hub)-ABE. Although things are still in flux, there is likely to continue to be an ONT-CLT-ABE-ONT (a little different), and a multi-stop route from the west coast that goes through ABE. So that's four. And an EWAG is that there will be two others on ABX. I think come May 1, you should have at least your current 5, probably 6, and possibly more. As Atlas begins adding an aircraft a month-ish come June/July, and ATI adds at least 3 more aircraft on Amazon routes, plus some spares, by August, I am confident that ABE will be getting its share.

The network right now is 14 ATSG routes and 1 Atlas route. Come May 1, you will have 3 Atlas routes and 11 ATI routes, plus whatever ABX is given, with one more ATI route following pretty-quickly I think as the next aircraft comes online. Assume that ABX keeps at least 4 routes, then that's 18. This means that the network on May 1 is going to be less than half of what the network will be come the end of the year in 2018. And if Amazon wants to add routes through ATSG, there will be plenty of opportunity to use ABX (which continues to lose DHL flying), and numerous 767-300s in the CAM pipeline to go to ABX or ATI.

BTVB6Flyer

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 am

With this new TPA routing, will the ILN leg be staying?...for now at least?

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:07 am

Right now, ABX does tpa-iln-tpa on a 762. That will change on 5/1 to Atlas on a 763. The hub will move on that day from ILN to CVG.

MajMattMason

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:45 pm

wjcandee wrote:
...And if Amazon wants to add routes through ATSG, there will be plenty of opportunity to use ABX (which continues to lose DHL flying), and numerous 767-300s in the CAM pipeline to go to ABX or ATI.

Who is ABX losing DHL work too??

nikeson13

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Updated map as of 4/3 (added ABE-SEA-ABE)

Potential route map for 5/1 without all of the ILN moves (Adding ONT-SKF-CVG-ONT and TPA-CVG-SEA-TPA only)

Theoretical map if all ILN routes move to CVG on 5/1 or shortly after (Simply replaced all ILN with CVG)

Comments: Adding more SEA and SKF definitely unifies the route map more, but I think they could still use some flights that stay on the West Coast.
Nikolas

BTVB6Flyer

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:46 pm

^^

TPA-SEA isn't non-stop it's through CVG. It's routing is TPA-CVG-SEA-CVG-TPA.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:01 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
^^

TPA-SEA isn't non-stop it's through CVG. It's routing is TPA-CVG-SEA-CVG-TPA.

Correct. For purposes of package routes, we really don't care where the plane goes. What will happen is that there will be an outbound from TPA to CVG in the morning and a return in the afternoon from CVG to TPA. Same thing for SEA to CVG and back. The fact that the aircraft that starts at TPA ends up at SEA isn't really important to the boxes, which just want to go where they want to go. So think of it as TPA-CVG-TPA and SEA-CVG-SEA.

The ONT-SKF-CVG-ONT is, however, apparently going to be a route.

Everything is actually still in flux until it's tied down; Amazon has made some changes from their original thoughts about what the routes from CVG would be come May 1.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:01 pm

Nikeson13: Thanks for doing those maps!!!!

nikeson13

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Oops, messed up on the potential routes, Here's the known 5/1 route map, and Here's the 5/1 route map if all ILN moves to CVG

And your welcome wjcandee! It helps me personally to visualize the whole network.
Nikolas

Whiplash6

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 pm

N1217a is nearing its freighter conversion completion and will begin receiving paint on 4/10.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Whiplash6 wrote:
N1217a is nearing its freighter conversion completion and will begin receiving paint on 4/10.

Awesome. Thanks, Whiplash, for contributing that info! Tracking the Atlas conversions will be more complicated for us than the CAM ones, given that the completed aircraft are coming from two different conversion houses, and their route to the converter isn't as transparent as the CAM one, where they all basically leave for TLV from ILN.

The shop at QPG has had that aircraft since the end of November, so it got that conversion done very quickly. Like 4 months and a week.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:41 am

bravoindia

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:20 am

Yes
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:19 am

Inaugural ABE-SEA was flown by 1049A. The newest, 1093A, did the ABE-ONT leg earlier today. "Amazon One", N1997A, is the hot spare.

Whiplash6

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:48 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Inaugural ABE-SEA was flown by 1049A. The newest, 1093A, did the ABE-ONT leg earlier today. "Amazon One", N1997A, is the hot spare.

Actually "Amazon One" was is in maintenance for lightning strikes and returns to ABE-SEA in a couple of days.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:12 pm

Whiplash6 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Actually "Amazon One" was is in maintenance for lightning strikes and returns to ABE-SEA in a couple of days.

Whoops. I was going on the assumption that it wasn't just sitting, given the earlier discussion thereof. Thanks for the correction and info.

yochai

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am

N382AN will be the next ex AA 767-300 to arrive in TLV for freighter conversion, scheduled to depart ILN to TLV tonight, and will replace N284DH which is finally going out on a test flight tomorrow prior to delivery to DHL in the coming days.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 pm

yochai wrote:
N382AN will be the next ex AA 767-300 to arrive in TLV for freighter conversion, scheduled to depart ILN to TLV tonight, and will replace N284DH which is finally going out on a test flight tomorrow prior to delivery to DHL in the coming days.

Interesting. So it looks like 382AN is going to go to TLV before 372AA, even though they brought 372 out of the desert first. Acey indicated that there were some mechanical issues that needed to be dealt with on 372, so maybe that's why.

bravoindia

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:05 am

So Seattle is here what is or are some of the next routes? Any speculation, anything firm?
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:47 am

bravoindia wrote:
So Seattle is here what is or are some of the next routes? Any speculation, anything firm?

I think it's actually mostly speculation, because Amazon has been making changes to the planned network even very recently. So even those who know don't really know for sure.

We know from Whiplash that there's a new station, SKF, in South Texas, starting on May 1, and I'm assuming that in addition to the Atlas route ONT-SKF-CVG-ONT, there will be an SKF-CVG-SKF as well, assuming that more doesn't change between now and 5/1. We also know that SEA-ABE-SEA isn't going to continue on Atlas after 5/1; I think as a newer route it will likely go to a 767-200 (for now) on 5/1.

ABX is currently doing ONT-ILN-ONT, TPA-ILN-TPA, PHX-ABE-TPA-PHX, SCK-DFW-ILN-SCK and ONT-RFD-CLT-ONT.

We should know soon whether any of those multi-stop routes will change (and I think they will), and what other routes ABX will have. We know that the TPA turn is going to go to an Atlas 767-300, so that goes away. The ONT turn should also be going to a 767-300. So that frees up two ABX aircraft, and there are of course additional spare 767-200s available at ABX if Amazon wants to put them to work. (Remember that we're now only at 11 767-200s out of the 12 contracted-for.) The existing ABX multi-stop routes may change; in the end, though, I think ABX will have a couple of multi-stop routes that involve RFD, and at least one multi-stop route through each of TPA and PHX. So they should be operating at least three 767-200 aircraft for Amazon after May 1 and most likely will continue to operate 5. I think something is going to have to happen to give Amazon a change of heart -- not so much about the strike but rather about the pilots subsequently soliciting and gaining massive media coverage of their claim that Amazon packages might not arrive on time for Christmas -- if the number is to go above 5.

It looks like N347AZ is going to be back to the US soon enough to spend two weeks in paint and still be ready for service by May 1, although it will all depend upon how fast the gremlins can be swatted post-conversion. I don't think that a sixth ATI 767-300 route will be planned for it, however. With the Atlas and ATI 767-300s fully-employed as of 5/1, it should function for now as a spare. Atlas has another aircraft going to paint soon, so that, too, may end up as a spare or may pick up a new route sometime after 5/1.

I am assuming that CVG will end up as some degree of a goatrope at the handover to DHL ground handling and cross-docking on 5/1. What degree of goatrope it turns out to be, and for how long, will necessarily inform how quickly new routes are added in May and June. I try to be a realist, which means that in this case I am a pessimist. Regardless, there will be a steady supply of 767-300s coming aboard at ATI and Atlas in May, June and July, so what has been a pretty-static network since December should really start to ramp up and we should see new stations and new ways of connecting them coming faster than we are used to.

In preparation for the opportunity to add additional Amazon dry leases beyond the initial contract for 8 767-300s, we are seeing CAM pump additional aircraft into conversion at TLV. Right now, there are five such unallocated aircraft in conversion or on their way, all of which could be flying for Amazon either as dry-leased aircraft or operational spares at the ATSG carriers by the end of the year.

Nikeson is going to have lots of amendments to make to his maps!

Allee

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:19 pm

N396AX currently ferrying Shannon-Cincinnati.

Allee

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:33 pm

MajMattMason wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
...And if Amazon wants to add routes through ATSG, there will be plenty of opportunity to use ABX (which continues to lose DHL flying), and numerous 767-300s in the CAM pipeline to go to ABX or ATI.

Who is ABX losing DHL work too??

In the last 6 months:

Baltimore to Southern
Dallas to Kalitta
Miami to Atlas
Philadelphia to Kalitta Charters

ABX is down to 12 routes for DHL Americas. 6 767-300s and 6 767-200s

Three 767-200s from CAM sent to DHL Intl ME.

MajMattMason

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:31 am

Thanks Allee

Acey559

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 am

Not sure if it's ABX flying or new service, but ATI is picking up limited DHL service to MSY and TUL starting later this month or early May.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:16 am

[quote="Acey559"]Not sure if it's ABX flying or new service, but ATI is picking up limited DHL service to MSY and TUL starting later this month or early May.[/quote

Interesting. Is it with 757s? If so, it's not "ABX flying" per se.

Allee

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:03 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Acey559 wrote:
Not sure if it's ABX flying or new service, but ATI is picking up limited DHL service to MSY and TUL starting later this month or early May.[/quote

Interesting. Is it with 757s? If so, it's not "ABX flying" per se.

That's correct.

FX1816

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:38 pm

So this morning I had the usual flight from ONT-ILN leave a little after 2 am local, only difference was that it was NOT ABX3102 B762 but ATN3202 B763. Is this going to be a permanent change or was it just a one off sub. I was a little shocked to have ATN call me around 2 am for their clearance to ILN instead of ABX.

Also ATN3019 RFD-ONT was running about an hour late and arrived around 0530 but ATN3029 ILN-ONT was about 45 minutes early arriving around 0615.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:43 pm

With that flight number, it's a covering flight, but we will have to see if it continues. ONT-CVG is going to go to a 763, but unclear if there will be a second round trip as there is now.

FX1816

Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:11 pm

wjcandee wrote:
With that flight number, it's a covering flight, but we will have to see if it continues. ONT-CVG is going to go to a 763, but unclear if there will be a second round trip as there is now.

I hope there is? I really would like to add to the number of flights we have at ONT now!

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:07 pm

FX1816 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

I hope there is? I really would like to add to the number of flights we have at ONT now!

Almost no question that that will happen this year. Right now, I count 5 routes that touch ONT. As of 5/1, I expect 5, and maybe more depending upon what happens to the existing ABX routes. So you may have may have as many as 7, but I'm thinking 5-6 on 5/1. And it's only uphill from there. Public disclosures indicate that SKF (Lackland AFB/Kelly Field, San Antonio) and BWI should be starting on 5/1, and ONT is going to be one of the first connections to SKF, after CVG. As additional nodes are added to the network, I think that ONT and SCK (or SMF, if the SCK stuff moves there for better all-weather reliability) will continue to add not-through-CVG connections to those nodes.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:29 pm

N396AX, which will be N347AZ, arrived early yesterday afternoon in GYR for paint at Dean Baldwin. Assume it will be out of paint on or before 4/21/17. That will be the sixth ATI 767-300, for those who are counting.

Existing ATI 767-300s are: 307, 311, 313, 331, 359. The other two will be 353 and 337.

I don't understand why there isn't a 317AZ. CAM did reserve that tail number, but it hasn't been filled (yet?). I do understand why there is no 349AZ, because that number is on the tail of some dude's experimental-something.

Confused? They're all "prime" numbers. https://www.factmonster.com/math/number ... e-all-1000
Last edited by wjcandee on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Whiplash6 wrote:

Whiplash called it. 1217 arrived in RME this afternoon (4/8/17) from QPG via GUM and HNL. So figure 10 business days or so for Premier to paint it there at RME. Looks like this and the latest ATI 767-300 will be coming online about the same time, and both possibly before 5/1.

1337Delta764

Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:39 pm

I think I might have just ordered my first Amazon Prime package that is utilizing the Prime Air network. While the majority of my Prime orders ship using Amazon's own linehaul network with the USPS delivering the last mile, it does generally seem that historically my long distance orders are more likely to ship UPS. This time it is going the Amazon/USPS shipping with an order that shipped from the Shakopee, MN fulfillment center, and this morning when I woke up I noticed it went through Rockford, IL, and as of the most recent tracking information it went through Wilmington, OH. These are Prime Air destinations via ATI.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:05 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
I think I might have just ordered my first Amazon Prime package that is utilizing the Prime Air network. While the majority of my Prime orders ship using Amazon's own linehaul network with the USPS delivering the last mile, it does generally seem that historically my long distance orders are more likely to ship UPS. This time it is going the Amazon/USPS shipping with an order that shipped from the Shakopee, MN fulfillment center, and this morning when I woke up I noticed it went through Rockford, IL, and as of the most recent tracking information it went through Wilmington, OH. These are Prime Air destinations via ATI.

Very definitely a Prime Air package. I get most of my long-distance Amazon packages that way now, and virtually all within-300-mile packages through the Avenel Sorting Center, delivered either by USPS or a local Amazon carrier.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:52 pm

By the way, just throwing this out there...

I personally hope that there is no labor action by ABX pilots on 5/1, but not for the reason you might think.

I personally believe -- and I understand that I am pessimistic about this stuff, but I still believe it -- that the DHL ground handling show on 5/1 is going to be a serious goatrope. Maybe not, but that's my prediction, for what it's worth.

If the ABX guys go out on 5/1, the blame for all the potential DHL ground handling screw-ups will fall on them, and DHL, ATSG, and everyone else will be off the hook in the eyes of Amazon and DHL for the disruption caused. In my view, if there's a legitimate reason to walk out on 5/1, it will still be there on 5/8. Assuming that the reason for any labor action would be to punish the employer, better to do so, I would think, after the finger pointing for the difficulties in transition has passed, and you can take a clean shot. A week or so later, we will have seen whether the Emperor has clothes on or not.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos