KarelXWB
Crew
Topic Author

RE: Comac C919 To Roll Out Soon

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:32 am

This server is powered by a lemon and two electrodes.

SYDSpotter

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:14 am

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 14):
A better example to point to is the MA-60, which for the most part has not seemed to create too many hassles for the few operators.

Hmm, perhaps you need to have a read of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_MA60

Not a great endorsement !

For the foreseeable future, Chinese orders (and countries with strong ties to China) will keep these programs afloat (if barely). But the ultimate test is having a well established carrier (with no affiliation with China) ordering it.
319_320_321_332_333_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W

LGAviation

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 am

Any foreign orders for the airplane already
2016: ASP AUH AYQ BNE CBR CGK CGN CNS DAC DOH DPS DRW DWC DXB FRA HAM HIR IST LHR MEL MUC PER SYD TXL

KarelXWB
Crew
Topic Author

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:12 am

Quoting SYDSpotter (Reply 23):
But the ultimate test is having a well established carrier (with no affiliation with China) ordering it.

That's going to be difficult without FAA/EASA certification.

Clydenairways

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:14 am

Looking very 787 like.

KarelXWB
Crew
Topic Author

Comac C919 Production And Delivery Thread

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:15 am

I found this large close-up photo:

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/9e5389bbjw1 ... 11xaka.jpg

Impossible to see the inside of the airplane with those closed windows.

Would it be empty on the inside?

AirbusA6

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:19 am

The C919 is an enormous step forward for China, would it fair to say that it's the first COMPLETELY Chinese airliner?
The ARJ21 is of course a DC9 derivative with Antonov wings, while the Xian MA600/700 has its origins in the AN24.
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)

LGAviation

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:30 am

Putting the nose against that of an A350, I find it difficult to spot the difference from a distance looks pretty much A350ish to me 
2016: ASP AUH AYQ BNE CBR CGK CGN CNS DAC DOH DPS DRW DWC DXB FRA HAM HIR IST LHR MEL MUC PER SYD TXL

hz747300

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Quoting SYDSpotter (Reply 23):
Not a great endorsement !

If you have lost the Tongans, you have lost everybody. Just kidding.

This proves that they will have to climb a very steep hill to make this even rival the Superjet. Let alone the MRJ and C-Series and E2 ones coming out too.
Keep on truckin'...

deltadawg

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:59 pm

To me it appears to be the aircraft BBD should have built instead of the C Series, size wise that is. The C919 is aimed squarely at the A320 & B737 programs and while A & B will be fending off the "C" Comac eventually the Chinese government will throw money at the program in order to make sure it gets off the ground and be successful. It may be that the only current orders or operators will be Chinese or regions friendly to Chinese aviation but money overcomes all and when Comac and the Chinese government offer a Western startup 0% financing in order to push the C919 onto the Western aviation community it will be the wake up call for A & B that C is serious and a real threat. It seems that Comac has brought in as many Western suppliers on this program as possible in order to alleviate concerns about quality and reliability. Much like Sukhoi did with selling the SSJ's to Interjet it is now flying into IAH and I believe SAT Comac could get the C919 flying into the US and other Western countries from the peripheries and eventually gain certification. Money seems to always help.

All in all still a good looking aircraft.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

Revelation

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Quoting columba (Reply 20):
For me it is an A320 with 757 windows

... and 737 (MAX to be precise) engines ...

That's what I thought when i saw the chipmunk nacelles...
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

alberchico

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 pm

this thread has more pics of the roll out

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1110239&page=7
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Tugger

Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Quoting AirbusA6 (Reply 28):
would it fair to say that it's the first COMPLETELY Chinese airliner?

No, but the truth is the best of anything is generally not "homegrown" but rather takes the involvement from the best from around the world. This graphic is making the rounds currently as seems to be accurate:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/asia/c...-new-c919-passenger-jet/index.html

Noted in the article are comments from Chinese citizens that while they are happy and proud they don't yet quite trust the safety of the plane themselves. I liked the comment of once it is used as China's "Air Force One" then they'll trust its safety!  

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

bjorn14

Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Quoting ThReaTeN (Reply 5):

If have to agree with you. Not only with the ARJ21 but with a little 19-seater that is the Y-12F (Turbo Panda) The Chinese have zero marketing expertise.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Stitch

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Quoting ThReaTeN (Reply 5):
Compare this behavior to how for example Bombardier and Embraer have both started with much smaller and less complicated designs, only moving on to the next "level" of progressively larger and more challening aircraft once they have mastered the current one.

COMAC has the benefit of being state-owned so they do not need to answer to capital markets nor shareholders.

Quoting B727skyguy (Reply 6):
I wonder if any non-Chinese airlines will be flying these.

China has no small amount of influence in areas of the world like Africa, so I could see airlines in these areas being "encouraged" to purchase them.

burnsie28

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 14):

Looks like a "Chinese Copy" (only those who have been on A.Net for a while will get that one), of the A320 NEO. Theoretically, China can take any of the airliners they have bought and reverse engineer them. Or, expropriate the Airbus (and soon Boeing) factories within their borders.

Or where they steal the drawings from factories, just like when MD closed up shop and they said they "sent all the drawings back to them" then somehow the ARJ tail and fuse happens to look EXACTLY like the Douglas T-Tails...

Quoting MavyWavyATR (Reply 16):
In my opinion, the C919 has great potential. If Comac plays their cards right, this airplane could give Boeing & Airbus a run for their money.

I highly doubt it. Much like their other aircraft, it will primarily be in China and developing countries.

Btblue

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:58 pm

It's certainly a fine looking aircraft - almost like a re-nosed and re-engined A320.

The Chinese could really get this right - they've matured in terns of corporate know how and knowledge gathering. With the backing of the government and as per what deltadawg says, 0% financing could help sweeten any deal and get the foot in the door but it's maintaining this that's key.

It seems there is possibly an impending bloodbath with the CSeries, Comac, Mitsubishi, Superjet and Embraer E2 is concerned. Quite a lot of aircraft after the same market.

ThReaTeN

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Quoting Stitch (Reply 36):
COMAC has the benefit of being state-owned so they do not need to answer to capital markets nor shareholders.

What's your point? I couldn't care less about Bombardier's or Embraer's shareholders. What matters is that those companies have successfully gone from small turpoprops to regional jets and are now at the brink of rivaling Airbus and Boeing at the lower end of the narrow-body product range. China's strategy of state-controlled baby-sitting (and smothering) of their aviation industry on the other hand has been a constant, abject failure for over 60 years.

However, you also have to consider the relative success of the Soviet Union's similar state ownership and management of its aviation design bureaus and ask yourself how much of China's failure in this industry (among other sectors) is due to Communist ideology, insofar that it can be isolated - i.e. looked at as a factor by itself, and how much is due to its combination with Chinese cultural idiosyncracies.

Stitch

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Quoting ThReaTeN (Reply 39):
What's your point?

My point is COMAC can afford "moon shots" because the government picks up the tab. And the government also is probably driving such "ambitious" program goals to advance the industry as quickly as possible.

Bombardier and Embraer don't have that luxury. Their shareholders won't support such programs so they had to "start small" and build on successful after successful program in order to "move up". And the current lack of success of the CSeries might very well curtail Bombardier from going larger.

However, you also have to consider the relative success of the Soviet Union's similar state ownership and management of its aviation design bureaus and ask yourself how much of China's failure in this industry (among other sectors) is due to Communist ideology, insofar that it can be isolated - i.e. looked at as a factor by itself, and how much is due to its combination with Chinese cultural idiosyncracies.

The Soviet civil aerospace industry operated under different constraints than the Chinese civil aerospace industry currently do. Unlike the Soviets, the Chinese have access to modern manufacturing, design and simulation tools as well as direct experience with building "Western standard" airliners and airliner components.

RIX

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:50 pm

you also have to consider the relative success of the Soviet Union's similar state ownership...

I'd call it even more than relative, considering they were one of only a few countries that were designing and building airplanes of their own. Not truly competitive to top level world products but more than good enough to serve their own market and to sell quite beyond Eastern Bloc (I remember seeing An26s and Mi8s in Lima in 2005). But fhen, pre-Soviet Russia was already an aviation power - something China is just trying to become. Now, add into equation today's Russia, struggling to not disappear at all from world's list of commercial airplane builders, and ask same question again: what is important here, ideology, culture, or whatever else...

diverted

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Quoting Stitch (Reply 40):
Unlike the Soviets, the Chinese have access to modern manufacturing, design and simulation tools as well as direct experience with building "Western standard" airliners and airliner components.

Well, one could argue that the Soviets had all sorts of experience with building "Western Standard" airliners...they were just usually employed by Western manufacturers to steal IP.   Case in point..Concordski! (Tu144)

They also did a pretty good B-29 knockoff, Shuttle, and more

WIederling

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Quoting deltadawg (Reply 15):
Tu204 looked like a 757

quote from WP::EN:tu204:
The Tu-204 is part of a new generation of Russian aircraft, including other recent developments such as the Ilyushin Il-96. The Tu-204 features many technological innovations such as, fly-by-wire, a glass cockpit, supercritical wings with winglets, along with Russian or foreign avionics.[9]

... and looks closer to an A320 than a 757 while being a copy of nothing  

biggest commonality probably : you can have it with RB211 engines )
Murphy is an optimist

AirbusA6

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Quoting Tugger (Reply 34):

Quoting AirbusA6 (Reply 28):
would it fair to say that it's the first COMPLETELY Chinese airliner?

No, but the truth is the best of anything is generally not "homegrown" but rather takes the involvement from the best from around the world. This graphic is making the rounds currently as seems to be accurate:

But the same can be said of Bombardier and Embraer, they use US and European engines and suppliers, and nobody say the E Jets aren't Brazilian.

To clarify slightly, it's an all new fuselage, structure and wing, which is a massive step up from modernising DC9s with Ukranian wings, or upgrading Soviet era turboprops. It's a Chinese plane, and IF they can produce something reliable and efficient it will be a stunning achievement when you consider where they've come from. I suspect they'll get there in the end, but that it will take a lot longer than they hope.
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)

Aesma

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Do we know if static testing has started ?

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 25):
That's going to be difficult without FAA/EASA certification.

A very important point, and no amount of money will change that.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

DDR

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Nice looking aircraft. I like that the Russians and now apparently the Chinese are building aircraft that compete with Airbus and Boeing. More diversity is good for those of us who are in to commercial aviation.

lightsaber
Crew

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:36 am

I normally like to be a more 'positive enthusiast,' but recall the ARJ-21 was rolled out in December of 2007. Late... I'm still waiting for it to enter service. Hence why I wonder how long it will take the C919.

Part of my skepticism is still unresolved questions with the ARJ-21 that were solved by withdrawing the application for FAA certification. For example, certified cycle life of engine secondary system controllers. COMAC cut the cooling to they sub-systems and expected the same reliability as the E-jets.   

What did they do with the C919? There seems to be too much expectation that secondary systems will work without a proper interface document. I still do not think the Chinese have learned enough on how to write interface definition

Someone also please explain what it does better than the MAX or NEO.
It isn't range, both the MAX and NEO promise more range
Is it shortfield performance?
Weight at takeoff for a given mission per passenger? (Do not forget to discount the MAX and NEO MTOW as they will not be at full fuel).

For example, the original A320 came out with more range and better economics at range than the 'classic' 737s. Boeing countered with a new wing and upgraded engines for the NG.

Quoting Stitch (Reply 36):

Nor pesky details like customer demands. There is a downside to subsidized businesses, they all stop listening to customers. It isn't enough to come out with a working aircraft, the C919 must make more profit for airlines buying the type than if they bought A320s, 737s, or C-series on the open market.

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

panam330

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 47):
Someone also please explain what it does better than the MAX or NEO.

That's the magic of it all - it won't do anything better than the existing aircraft. It'll meet those numbers, but like most all things made in China, it'll be (likely drastically) cheaper than its European or American rivals.

KarelXWB
Crew
Topic Author

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:53 am

First photo in the a.net database:

Aesma

Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:19 am

Quoting panam330 (Reply 48):
That's the magic of it all - it won't do anything better than the existing aircraft. It'll meet those numbers, but like most all things made in China, it'll be (likely drastically) cheaper than its European or American rivals.

It may meet some numbers, but for others, it's not a given. Dispatch reliability and the like.

I mean, China hasn't made a car worth selling in the West yet, that should tell us something.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

shankly

Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:41 am

Quoting Aesma (Reply 50):
I mean, China hasn't made a car worth selling in the West yet, that should tell us something

That is very true....but have you seen how many Chinese cars there are n Chinese roads?

If they manage to offload 500 on the domestic and influence markets, as the order book suggest they could, that will be a result and give them a great deal of experience in setting up maintenance/operating supply chains and systems

The fact it has LEAP engines hung off those lovely slender wings is the biggest worry for me. Now there is a bit of untried technology.
L1011 - P F M

KFLLCFII

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:13 pm

One thing I don't understand...

With all the past claims that Boeing and Airbus had incorporated the number "8" in some way or another to the model names of almost every new product/derivative in the last 10-15 years as a recognition of "good luck" in the Chinese culture, is it a little odd that Comac has yet to use "8" in any current or proposed models?

Or has the whole "8" thing just been blown out of proportion all this time by A & B?
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

EPA001

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 47):
I normally like to be a more 'positive enthusiast,' but recall the ARJ-21 was rolled out in December of 2007. Late... I'm still waiting for it to enter service. Hence why I wonder how long it will take the C919.

That is the big question for all of us. Let's wait how the flight testing and certification process will be executed. That could also take a while.

When all is done successfully the question still remains how much customers the airplane will attract outside of China. With the strong customer base of both Airbus and Boeing, and the enormous numbers of new A320-neo's and B737-MAX's ordered so far, the chance for them to wedge themselves "in" are not the best imho. But maybe we should see this development with a long-term view. Then it could end up being quite a success. Time will tell....  

lightsaber
Crew

Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Quoting panam330 (Reply 48):

Cheaper? Only somewhat. Recall how little of aircraft operating expense is the purchase price. Maintenance and dependability are more important. Recall a tremendous number of NG and CEO aircraft will be available. The C919 will compete against these used aircraft unless it brings something new.

We had A vs. B debates on the narrowbodies due to the differences in optimal missions.

Delays will matter. For example, Pratt has promised PIPs and so has Airbus to cut fuel burn 5% more in 5 years.

When customers have no choice but to buy a plane, what incentive does a company have to optimize the spare parts supply? The 1776 book Wealth of Nations oints out corporations in protected markets rarely develop global best practices as they do not have the incentive to do so.

Look at the ARJ-21. The SU-100 with a custom engine is already on the market. The MRJ and Embraer E2 are not far behind. Delays cost.

With the C919, NEO, MAX, and C-series, they will all be updated to remain competitive. This is the most unforgiving part of the market. Only ULH is more brutal. Day to day costs will be tracked.

I'd love it if FR bought the C919. It would be a brutal trial to Western standards. Any ULCC will do.

Lightsaber

MinorLogan

Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:52 pm

The CFM LEAP engine is a highlight. Some aviation experts in China said the engine will be chenaged to Made in China. But I think it will be a long way, personally.

dc10lover

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:39 pm

I doubt anyone from the USA will purchase these aircraft. They will stay with Airbus and Boeing.
Ever Wish You Can Go Back In Time And Live In An Earlier Era Of Aviation?

Tommy525

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Great looking aircraft ! And it's great that in the future we have the choice of A (Airbus) , B (Boeing) and C (Comac). LIke most people I would not be keen to fly on it until it is proven to be safe. Comac knows this public sentiment and there is every intention on the part of it and the Chinese govt that they intend to make a competent aircraft.

As pointed out Comac has many distinct advantages.

1. State owned, plenty of money (Airbus essentially exists on State money as well).

2. Tailor made market. China is projected to need thousands of aircraft of this size in the next few decades. Chinese airlines are also state owned, therefore candidates for Comac products. Of course the products should be competitive with western made aircraft. Otherwise the airlines wouldn't want them and the Chinese flying public will shun the aircraft if they crash or are defective and often break down. Comac has to build a competent product !

Hence the "Airbus model" of using foreign components instead of developing everything in house. Which would be costly and "dumb". Comac is using western engines, avionics, and other major systems, just like Airbus.

Comac has enough of a domestic market to warrant a healthy annual output . All it has to do is make a credible airplane. And I believe it intends to do just that. It doesn't really need an massive export market to sustain a sizeable annual production run. Much unlike Airbus and Boeing. Not sure Comac is even projecting a world wide acceptance of the 919 within ten years. It doesn't need that to be successful. It simply has to fulfill the domestic need to the point that production of the 919 is both profitable and sustainable.

Comac is not stopping at the 919. It has bigger aircraft in mind. China may want to be able to supply its own airliner needs up to 777 sized aircraft.

The ARJ 21 was a bit of an experiment for a size of aircraft China does not need huge quantities of. The 919 is a serious project where the ARJ 21 may not really have been.

The reason more money is not thrown at that project is that China has no real need of it and there is no real export market for the plane. That aircraft will most likely simply be shelved in the next few years.

PW100

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Quoting Tommy525 (Reply 57):
Airbus essentially exists on State money as well

Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

ODwyerPW

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:55 pm

(Airbus essentially exists on State money as well).

With almost 10 years of production already sold out for the A320 series, you don't really believe that do you?

You really didn't need to go there on a thread about the new Comac plane.
learning never stops.

Gingersnap

Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 pm

This must be a troll.
Flown on: A306 A319/20/21 A332 B732/3/4/5/7/8 B742/4 B752 B762/3 B772/W C152 E195 F70/100 MD-82 Q400

hz747300

Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Quoting KFLLCFII (Reply 52):
With all the past claims that Boeing and Airbus had incorporated the number "8" in some way or another to the model names of almost every new product/derivative in the last 10-15 years as a recognition of "good luck"

Ironically, in Cantonese, the sound spoken for the number 9, and penis, is the same. So maybe the 919 is a subliminal phallic indicator to boost sales.
Keep on truckin'...

Tommy525

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:34 am

Airbus was started with massive govt funding. You thought it was all private funding??? And each jet project was heavily funded as well with govt support. The planes are making money now, but I am not certain that the funds have been paid back. Boeing is also benefiting from sales of military planes.

Boeing often accuses Airbus of receiving govt subsidies and Airbus counters with Boeing receiving the same in the way of military jets.

Fact is these undertakings (building commercial jets) are better with govt funding.

Embraer and Bombardier struggle because they don't have ready access to govt funding.

Comac won't have that problem. So it can be a threat to Airbus and Boeing. But mainly in the way of reducing Airbus and Boeing sales to China in the next ten years.

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing to get govt funding. Rather the opposite.

http://www.businessweek.com/debatero.../10/airbus_subsidies_dont_fly.html

[Edited 2015-11-03 17:41:16]

KarelXWB
Crew
Topic Author

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:40 am

Aesma

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:13 am

COMAC is government owned, meaning its funding is a line of the Chinese budget. If what it does is a priority, money is no object, and there is no expectation of getting that money back.

Airbus and Boeing get tax reductions and the like, not comparable.

lightsaber
Crew

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 63):
Leeham's story on the C919:

http://leehamnews.com/2015/11/04/no-fear-of-c919-for-a-generation/

From the link: While the C919 would have had an economic advantage over the A320 and 737-800, the decision by Airbus and Boeing to re-engine their airplanes not only erased the advantage, the additional improvements gave the economics back to the A320neo and 737 MAX.

Further PIPs of both the A320 and 737 will let them keep the lead. I want another competitor. But what I've heard, the MS-21 (or is it MC-21 again...) has a much better chance. Leeham notes this:
Delays for the C919 will probably mean EIS won’t happen until 2020 (COMAC currently targets 2018), but which time the A320neo will have been in service nearly five years and the 737-8 about three years. PIPs will already be forthcoming, further improving economics.

The critical item in this category will be PIPs. Due to how little of total operating costs is capital costs, it will be execution that matters. On EIS, on dispatch reliability, on PIPs to improve maintenance. The NEO and MAX improve maintenance costs from an already challenging baseline. A subsidized company does not have the incentive to improve the details fast enough to compete in this category.

The C919 was supposed to be first to market. Now they'll be last due to program delays. That gave up their #1 advantage. The C919 will also lack FAA/EASA/Russian certification. It is not the threat to Boeing/Airbus it was proposed to be.

Lightsaber

EPA001

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 65):
The C919 will also lack FAA/EASA/Russian certification. It is not the threat to Boeing/Airbus it was proposed to be.

I think your assumption is correct. Could they still receive an FAA/EASA/Russian certification later on? Or is that virtually impossible to do? I really have no idea about that.

KarelXWB
Crew
Topic Author

Comac Pushes C919 First Flight Into 2017

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:34 am

C919 faces yet another delay as Comac pushes the first flight into 2017.

Quote:
Commercial Aircraft Corp of China Ltd (Comac) aims to conduct the first flight of its much-delayed C919 passenger jet around the end of 2016 to early 2017, people close to the aircraft programme told Reuters.

The timing will allow engineers at the state-owned aerospace company to complete ground tests beforehand without undue haste, said the people, who were not authorized to speak with media on the matter and so declined to be identified.

Source
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-coma-china-c-idUSKCN0VW110

KarelXWB
Crew
Topic Author

Comac C919 Production And Delivery Thread

Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:04 am

Some good progress is being made on the C919 as Comac has fired up the CFM Leap engines for the very first time.

State-owned manufacturer Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd. (COMAC) has run the engines installed on the C919 flight test aircraft for the first time.

The CFM Leap 1C engines powered up for the first time on the C919 prototype (serial number 10001) on November 9, marking a long-awaited milestone on the road to its maiden flight.

http://www.chinaaviationdaily.com/news/57/57953.html

astuteman

Re: Comac C919 initial engine run

Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:25 am

Nice looking plane, Karel....

baje427

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:12 pm

This looks pretty much like the C Series.

oldannyboy

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Mmm..sexy looking plane, with those mean-looking eyebrows and big bollocks hanging low under the wings!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos