User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:26 pm

MSN 1820 (Batik Air Malaysia #1) performed its first flight today.

Word is on the street that this aircraft will be operated by Thai Lion Air.

Image
Airbus A330 Batik Air Malaysia by Jujug Spotting, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Aer Lingus MSN 1817 emerged from paint at CHR:

https://flic.kr/p/YDNp4K

Batik Air Malaysia MSN 1820 has been ferried to CHR for paint:

https://flic.kr/p/YSr7FT
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:33 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
MSN 1820 (Batik Air Malaysia #1) performed its first flight today.

Word is on the street that this aircraft will be operated by Thai Lion Air.

Image
Airbus A330 Batik Air Malaysia by Jujug Spotting, on Flickr


Would follow the trend of Batik Air Malaysia/Malindo Air aircraft going to a Lion Air brand. The MAX 8s are apparently being converted to Lion Air standard.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:38 am

Airbus officially opened the A330 Completion and Delivery Centre in Tianjin:

Airbus has inaugurated its A330 Completion and Delivery Centre (C&DC) in Tianjin, China, taking additional steps in the expansion of its global footprint and strategic partnership with China. At the same time, the first A330 to be delivered from the C&DC was handed over to Tianjin Airlines.

Located at the same site as the Airbus Tianjin A320 Family Final Assembly Line and the Airbus Tianjin Delivery Centre, the A330 C&DC covers the aircraft completion activities including cabin installation, aircraft painting and production flight test, as well as customer flight acceptance and aircraft delivery. Some 150 Chinese staff members of the C&DC were trained by Airbus experts in Toulouse.

The new plant is composed of paint shop, weighing hangar and one main hangar with three aircraft positions covering an area of 16,800m2.The A330 C&DC in Tianjin will employ more than 250 people and is ready to deliver two aircraft per month by early 2019.


MSN 1805 is the first A330 delivered from Tianjin:

To celebrate C&DC inauguration, a first A330 aircraft was delivered to Tianjin Airlines. The aircraft which was assembled and equipped in Toulouse with Chinese and European staff is powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engines and is configured in two classes with 260 seats.


Press release
http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-re ... -chin.html

Image
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
Kikko19
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Airbus officially opened the A330 Completion and Delivery Centre in Tianjin:

Airbus has inaugurated its A330 Completion and Delivery Centre (C&DC) in Tianjin, China, taking additional steps in the expansion of its global footprint and strategic partnership with China. At the same time, the first A330 to be delivered from the C&DC was handed over to Tianjin Airlines.

Located at the same site as the Airbus Tianjin A320 Family Final Assembly Line and the Airbus Tianjin Delivery Centre, the A330 C&DC covers the aircraft completion activities including cabin installation, aircraft painting and production flight test, as well as customer flight acceptance and aircraft delivery. Some 150 Chinese staff members of the C&DC were trained by Airbus experts in Toulouse.

The new plant is composed of paint shop, weighing hangar and one main hangar with three aircraft positions covering an area of 16,800m2.The A330 C&DC in Tianjin will employ more than 250 people and is ready to deliver two aircraft per month by early 2019.


MSN 1805 is the first A330 delivered from Tianjin:

To celebrate C&DC inauguration, a first A330 aircraft was delivered to Tianjin Airlines. The aircraft which was assembled and equipped in Toulouse with Chinese and European staff is powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engines and is configured in two classes with 260 seats.


Press release
http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-re ... -chin.html

Image


will they assemble also a330 neo / a350?
 
Someone83
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 am

Kikko19 wrote:
will they assemble also a330 neo / a350?


No, and neither do they assemble the A330. This is a completion center were they install the cabin. The aircraft is still assembled in TLS
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:42 am

Beluga XL main cargo door has been delivered:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... or-441273/

Airbus has taken delivery of the main cargo door for its outsize Beluga XL transport.

The door, fitted with hydraulic and electrical systems, was constructed by Stelia Aerospace.

...

Stelia says the door, 10m long and 8m high, weighs 3.1t

"[It] is the largest aircraft door ever manufactured in Europe," it adds.


Image
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
WIederling
Posts: 4669
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 pm

FG: "[It] is the largest aircraft door ever manufactured in Europe," it adds.

strange stating the "Europe" limitation. Any other bigger "doors" around.
( Is the Guppy front or the Dreamlifter tail a "door" or separatable structure :-? )
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 pm

WIederling wrote:
strange stating the "Europe" limitation. Any other bigger "doors" around.


I'm sure the doors of the Boeing factory are bigger.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:06 pm

As MSN 1805 has been delivered from Tianjin, the second aircraft - MSN 1816 - is already undergoing cabin fit in Tianjin:

Image
https://weibo.com/1368589977/FmEOAcPpb

Image
https://weibo.com/5227458836/FmESZ1oe1
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:13 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
WIederling wrote:
strange stating the "Europe" limitation. Any other bigger "doors" around.


I'm sure the doors of the Boeing factory are bigger.

I'm sure the doors at Airbus' factory are bigger too. But I doubt anyone would consider the factory doors to be an "aircraft door."

WIederling wrote:
( Is the Guppy front or the Dreamlifter tail a "door" or separatable structure )

One could probably make the argument that all doors are "separatable structure." The Space Shuttle cargo bay doors might be larger as well? Unsure as they are very different shapes.
 
WIederling
Posts: 4669
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
WIederling wrote:
strange stating the "Europe" limitation. Any other bigger "doors" around.


I'm sure the doors of the Boeing factory are bigger.


So Boeing's factory can fly? so much hot air it lifts off :-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:14 am

MSN 1800 has been delivered:

Airbus A330 -343 1800 HZ-AQ27 Saudi Arabian Airlines delivery 21sep17 TLS-JED ex F-WKS


Image
Saudi Arabian Airlines Airbus A330-343 cn 1800 F-WWKS // HZ-AQ27 by Clément Alloing, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:14 am

¿Next IB A330 delivery date?
 
jean06
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 pm

pabloeing wrote:
¿Next IB A330 delivery date?

MSN1835 for December this year.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 am

Another Air China delivered:

Airbus A330 -343 1811 B-8386 Air China delivery 23sep17 TLS-TSN ex F-WWKV
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 am

Furthermore Hawaiian Airlines newest A330 (MSN 1823) has moved to the delivery centre:

Image
Msn144 HL7578 22/9/2017 by A380_TLS_A350, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:23 am

Shenzhen #1 has been delivered:

Airbus A330 -343 1810 B-8865 Shenzhen Airlines delivery 24sep17 TLS-TSN ex F-WWCT
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Fuselage parts for the second Beluga XL (MSN 1853) are being shipped to TLS:

Image
A330 Beluga part by Tobias Gudat, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
pugman211
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:03 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
KarelXWB wrote:
Fuselage parts for the second Beluga XL (MSN 1853) are being shipped to TLS:

Image
A330 Beluga part by Tobias Gudat, on Flickr



A very quick pace on the new Beluga XL's. Can't wait for the roll out and see it in Broughton
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:34 pm

The tail fin for the first Beluga XL (MSN 1824) has been delivered:

Image
Tailcone msn250 25/9/2017 by A380_TLS_A350, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
WIederling
Posts: 4669
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:20 am

pugman211 wrote:
A very quick pace on the new Beluga XL's. Can't wait for the roll out and see it in Broughton


Strangely the Beluga XL's progress is the prevalent attention catcher for me.

Happy camper watching how the pieces come together :-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
fabian9
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:27 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:15 pm

A340 MSN1 is currently test flying.
 
User avatar
LA704
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Airbus will build 5 Beluga XL, right?
With all the production increases in mind, how much would it cost them to build a 6th?
I know the XL is quite a bit bigger than the STD, of which they have 5, but still...
318 319 320 321 332 343 722 731 732 735 73G 742 744 752 762 763 77W M11
 
AsiaTravel
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:28 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:10 pm

LA704 wrote:
Airbus will build 5 Beluga XL, right?
With all the production increases in mind, how much would it cost them to build a 6th?
I know the XL is quite a bit bigger than the STD, of which they have 5, but still...


Well, 5 Beluga XL plus 5 existing Beluga should be enough to cover, no?
 
pugman211
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:31 pm

The current Beluga will be retired eventually
 
StTim
Posts: 2519
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 pm

If they go beyond five don't they have to certify as a production frame?
 
fabian9
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:27 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:01 pm

fabian9 wrote:
A340 MSN1 is currently test flying.


Pictures of the flight:
https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/flying-the-blade-airbus-flight-lab-a340/
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 731
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:51 pm

fabian9 wrote:
fabian9 wrote:
A340 MSN1 is currently test flying.


Pictures of the flight:
https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/flying-the-blade-airbus-flight-lab-a340/


How interesting!
@DadCelo
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:31 am

MSN 1814 delivered:

Airbus A330 -343 1814 B-8361 China Southern delivery 27sep17 TLS-CAN ex F-WWKF
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
WIederling
Posts: 4669
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 am

StTim wrote:
If they go beyond five don't they have to certify as a production frame?



yes. Reason why there are only 5 Beluga Mk1 around.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:20 am

Another A330 Regional delivered:

Airbus A330 -343 1803 HZ-AQ28 Saudi Arabian Airlines delivery 28sep17 TLS-JED ex F-WWYP
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:05 am

And there goes another China Southern:

Airbus A330 -343 1818 B-8363 China Southern delivery 29sep17 TLS-CAN ex F-WWYI
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:33 pm

The next Eva Air A330 (MSN 1806) has emerged from paint:

Image
Uploaded by Jujug Spotting‏ https://twitter.com/Frenchpainter/statu ... 0112894976
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:52 pm

MSN 1823 delivered:

Airbus A330 -243 1823 N361HA Hawaiian Airlines delivery 29sep17 TLS-PAE-HNL ex F-WCH


Image
Airbus A330 Hawaiian Airlines N361HA by Jujug Spotting, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
kelual
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:52 pm

 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:53 pm

kelual wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKHQSkBUMAANKG6.jpg

Is this IB A330 new?


Should be MSN 1835.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:07 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
kelual wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKHQSkBUMAANKG6.jpg

Is this IB A330 new?


Should be MSN 1835.


Wonder if it will go to LEVEL.

Geoff
 
User avatar
BobMUC
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:10 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
MSN 1823 delivered:

Airbus A330 -243 1823 N361HA Hawaiian Airlines delivery 29sep17 TLS-PAE-HNL ex F-WCH


Image
Airbus A330 Hawaiian Airlines N361HA by Jujug Spotting, on Flickr


What a great looking bird!
 
pabloeing
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Geoff1947 wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
kelual wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKHQSkBUMAANKG6.jpg

Is this IB A330 new?


Should be MSN 1835.


Wonder if it will go to LEVEL.

Geoff

No..this is for IB, delivery in december.Level have 3 on order.....first delivery in June 2018.
 
kelual
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:05 am

pabloeing wrote:
Geoff1947 wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:

Should be MSN 1835.


Wonder if it will go to LEVEL.

Geoff

No..this is for IB, delivery in december.Level have 3 on order.....first delivery in June 2018.

Level has none on order. IAG/IB has...
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 am

kelual wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Geoff1947 wrote:

Wonder if it will go to LEVEL.

Geoff

No..this is for IB, delivery in december.Level have 3 on order.....first delivery in June 2018.

Level has none on order. IAG/IB has...


LEVEL is part of Iberia which is part of IAG. The first two A330s for LEVEL were ordered for Iberia.

Geoff
 
george77300
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:31 am

KarelXWB wrote:
The next Eva Air A330 (MSN 1806) has emerged from paint:

Image
Uploaded by Jujug Spotting‏ https://twitter.com/Frenchpainter/statu ... 0112894976


An new A330 not RR powered. That's not something you see often anymore
A306 A313 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 A345 A346 A388

B712 B733 B734 B735 B738 B742 B744 B752 B763 B772 B77E B773 B77W
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 10329
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:30 pm

The biggest A330 ever in production :cool2:

Image
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:55 am

MSN 1828 is getting prepared for its first flight.

Image
Thai Lion Air A330-343 msn 1828 by dn280tls, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am

Hainan's newest A330 has been ferried to CHR for paint.

Image
F-WWCR Airbus A330 Hainan by Eurospot 1 Million views in 1 year, Thanks, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 am

KarelXWB wrote:
MSN 1828 is getting prepared for its first flight.

Image
Thai Lion Air A330-343 msn 1828 by dn280tls, on Flickr


Is it confirmed that it will be painted in Thai Lion livery not Batik ?

Geoff
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 25817
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:16 pm

MSN 1820 has been painted in Thai Lion Air livery at CHR:

Image
Airbus A330 Thai Lion Air HS-LAH by Jujug Spotting, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:26 pm

What’s up with the red paint? Small livery tweak going forward?
 
IranianMan123
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Re: Official A330 Production/Flight Testing

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Anyone know when Iran Air's next A330 will be ready? Could we see one next year?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos