Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

slcdeltarumd11
Topic Author

UA JFK-LAX/SFO Business Class?

Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:20 am

I see in the united timetable that united lists the morning JFK flights to JFK/SFO as the meal type in business class to be BS. I wondering does that mean breakfast and a snack as it usually does or does it mean a snack breakfast becuase on a trip report

https://airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/12172/6/

the author says that only bagels were served on in BUSINESS CLASS on a 6 hour flight for breakfast that seams crazy????? Wondering if anyone has flown uniteds premium trnascontinental service on those flights and can clear this up becuase i have seen the lunch and dinner on the same route seems to be very generous.

Thanks ahead of time!!

UA744KSFO

RE: UA JFK-LAX/SFO Business Class?

Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:32 am

I have flown this route before (several times), but I haven't flown it in business class since 2002. At that time, however, they served both breakfast and a snack. Even now, they still serve both breakfast and a snack on the morning flights in economy, and I don't think that they would do less in business. I hope this helps.

Best regards, Dom

TURBOJETMAN

Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:35 am

Breakfast is as generous as the lunch and dinner. They serve bagels and breakfast breads as a SIDE to the hot entrees, which are usually consist of eggs of some sort, breakfast meats and potato. For those with a healthier appetite United offers a fruit and cereal platter. An hour and a half prior to arrival a snack service is offered with hot nuts, beverage of your choice, a deli sandwich and cookies.

mel

Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:46 am

BS generally stands for Breakfast and Snack, that being full Breakfast shortly after takeoff, and another light snack (usually a sandwich) shortly before landing. United's transcon C-class is an excellent service. Even if in the old B762 seats. They are very comfortable... just no PTVs.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos