bpat777
Topic Author
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 1999 8:21 am

B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 5:07 am

Does anyone know where those 3 airlines are planning to go once LGA is finally done?
Also FYI, UA will be moving in the new concourse with WN, AC and AE in early June.
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 am

Hopefully B6 stays in the marine terminal. Love that place.
 
N757ST
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 10:23 am

Things are always subject to change, but B6 leadership has publicly stated that they will move to the new main terminal when all the dust settles.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 10:59 am

Inside chatter that says otherwise and lots of investment at the MAT for B6.

They just can’t replicate that gate situation or ramp space anywhere at the new terminal.

It’s important to note that the new terminal is no bigger gate wise than the old terminal

At a gate constrained airport like LaGuardia, Somebody needs to use the Marine Terminal...if not the airport just lost 6 gates


I would be surprised if B6 goes back
 
flyby519
Posts: 1410
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:31 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
Inside chatter that says otherwise and lots of investment at the MAT for B6.

They just can’t replicate that gate situation or ramp space anywhere at the new terminal.

It’s important to note that the new terminal is no bigger gate wise than the old terminal

At a gate constrained airport like LaGuardia, Somebody needs to use the Marine Terminal...if not the airport just lost 6 gates


I would be surprised if B6 goes back


Maybe we’ll turn it into a hotel? Kidding! Sort of.

I do think it makes sense to have B6 make an investment to the MAT development and a long term lease.
 
twaconnie
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 2:34 pm

If B6 stays at marine terminal with only 16 flights that's 2.5 flights per gate a day,lots of room for someone else.
 
catiii
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 4:25 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
Hopefully B6 stays in the marine terminal. Love that place.


Agreed. It's such a great location. I do hope some amenities can be added though, namely larger bathrooms.
 
catiii
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 4:28 pm

N757ST wrote:
Things are always subject to change, but B6 leadership has publicly stated that they will move to the new main terminal when all the dust settles.


They haven't made a decision one way or the other.
 
Bluewho
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 pm

I hope they stay. It is sooooo much easier to operate out of.
 
RobertS975
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:17 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 6:21 pm

Will LGA actually ever be completed?
 
GuruJanitor
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 9:21 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
Will LGA actually ever be completed?


Its moving along at a surprisingly good clip right now actually. It was hard for this native New Yorker to believe at first, but I've gotten used to watching the process evolve every time I go through.
 
flight152
Posts: 3397
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2000 8:04 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
Will LGA actually ever be completed?

You obviously haven’t been to LGA recently or paid much attention to the construction there.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Thu May 23, 2019 9:28 pm

The progress is impressive
 
bpat777
Topic Author
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 1999 8:21 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Fri May 24, 2019 3:34 am

RobertS975 wrote:
Will LGA actually ever be completed?


The western concourse (AA) is already taking shape and the connector from the new terminal to the eastern concourse looks to be 40%-50% complete. They have also started tearing down one end of the old terminal as well. Numerous new roadways are taking shape as well. The entire project is indeed moving along rather quickly.
 
Jo8338
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:27 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Fri May 24, 2019 4:20 am

Why doesn’t B6 use gate 1 at MAT? There is no screen or JetBlue signage at that gate. There is a exterior ramp
 
trueblew
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Fri May 24, 2019 5:25 am

Jo8338 wrote:
Why doesn’t B6 use gate 1 at MAT? There is no screen or JetBlue signage at that gate. There is a exterior ramp


It used to be the Alaska gate, so B6 wasn't using it when they first moved to the MAT. Gate 1 has a very awkward and uncomfortable boarding area, so I would imagine it's a gate used as a last resort.
 
twaconnie
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Fri May 24, 2019 11:13 am

jfklganyc wrote:
The progress is impressive

I agree and that's because the Port Authority is not doing the project.
 
N757ST
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Fri May 24, 2019 11:47 am

catiii wrote:
N757ST wrote:
Things are always subject to change, but B6 leadership has publicly stated that they will move to the new main terminal when all the dust settles.


They haven't made a decision one way or the other.


As I said, things might have changed, and might change. The original announcement said they’d eventually move back to the main terminal.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... e-New-York’s-Hometown-Airline®-Relocate-Historic
 
tphuang
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Fri May 24, 2019 2:05 pm

I would be shocked if they leave MAT. They should keep looking into ways to make it a better customer experience and see if they can get more slots somehow. At this point, I'm all in favour of them trading DCA for LGA slots. Maybe they can get 2 LGA slots for each DCA slot.
 
catiii
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Sat May 25, 2019 3:06 am

N757ST wrote:
catiii wrote:
N757ST wrote:
Things are always subject to change, but B6 leadership has publicly stated that they will move to the new main terminal when all the dust settles.


They haven't made a decision one way or the other.


As I said, things might have changed, and might change. The original announcement said they’d eventually move back to the main terminal.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... e-New-York’s-Hometown-Airline®-Relocate-Historic


Fair. They got the question recently in an internal Q&A and alluded to not having decided yet.
 
catiii
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Sat May 25, 2019 3:08 am

tphuang wrote:
I would be shocked if they leave MAT. They should keep looking into ways to make it a better customer experience and see if they can get more slots somehow. At this point, I'm all in favour of them trading DCA for LGA slots. Maybe they can get 2 LGA slots for each DCA slot.


It’s hard to justify making major investments in the terminal though because of the slot constraints. If you’re not sure you can grow, why invest except on the margins?
 
User avatar
WALmsp
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: B6, NK and F9 Once LGA Has Been Completed?

Sat May 25, 2019 3:12 am

RobertS975 wrote:
Will LGA actually ever be completed?


Is any airport ever completed? Projects/Individual renovations? Yes. But an airport in never done!
In memory of my Dad, Robert "Bob" Fenrich, WAL 1964-1979, MSP ONT LAX

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos