Ishrion
Topic Author

Allegiant Air to Mexico

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 pm

enilria

Re: Allegiant Air to Mexico

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm

On 3/31/2019 G4 loaded PIT-CUN/PUJ for sale.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1419199

Gulfstream500

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 pm

WOW! Now I can fly between CUN and some city I’ve never heard of at 2 PM on Wednesday with only 28 inches of legroom. :D At least fares will be lower... I’m thinking CVG will be among the first to see service to Mexico.
What's the deal with airplane food?

Frontier Airlines: Spirit of the west

astaz

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:39 pm

enilria wrote:

Weren’t these always on the books for Apple Vacations? Last I checked you can’t book these flights with G4 directly.

citationjet

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
WOW! Now I can fly between CUN and some city I’ve never heard of at 2 PM on Wednesday with only 28 inches of legroom.

And the seats don't recline, and you get to pay for carry on AND checked luggage.
Boeing Flown: 701,702,703;717;720;721,722;731,732,733,734,735,737,738,739;741,742,743,744,747SP;752,753;762,763;772,773.

Midwestindy

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:42 pm

enilria wrote:

The very next week, in your own thread, that was removed
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1419875&p=21258851&hilit=OAG+PIT+CUN#p21258851

Regardless, PIT/CVG/IND-CUN/PUJ will be routes added in the near future, they already fly these routes on a charter basis:
http://www.applevacations.com/flight-sc ... ianapolis/
http://www.applevacations.com/flight-sc ... incinnati/
http://www.applevacations.com/flight-sc ... ittsburgh/
Delta Diamond Medallion and AAdvantage Gold for 2019

MIflyer12

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:07 pm

citationjet wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:
WOW! Now I can fly between CUN and some city I’ve never heard of at 2 PM on Wednesday with only 28 inches of legroom.

And the seats don't recline, and you get to pay for carry on AND checked luggage.

Mock them if you want but they're probably growing faster than your passenger carrier - and with higher margins.

Gulfstream500

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
citationjet wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

Mock them if you want but they're probably growing faster than your passenger carrier - and with higher margins.

For all you know my carrier could be F9 or B6...

FATFlyer

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 pm

I posted this information this morning on the Allegiant Discussion Thread.
http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411883&sid=2bf39da945e0b17934bca2a33422db98&start=100#p21299579

But since there is now a separate thread I will crosspost the same information here.

The application is here:
http://www.regulations.gov/document?D=DOT-OST-2019-0067-0001

In a footnote in the application, Allegiant says it wants to:
1 More specifically, under both its certificate and exemption applications, Allegiant requests authority to engage in (1) scheduled foreign air transportation of persons, property and mail (a) from a point or points in the United States to a point or points in Mexico, (b) from Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio to Mexico City, Toluca, and Acapulco, and beyond to points in Panama and beyond, (c) from New York, Washington, Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Houston, to Mexico City and Toluca, and beyond to a point or points in Central and/or South America, and (d) from a point or points in the United States, via an intermediate point or points, to a point or points in Mexico, and beyond, as mutually agreed in writing by the aeronautical authorities of the U.S. and Mexico; and (2) scheduled foreign air transportation of property and mail (a) from a point or points in the United States, via an intermediate point or points, to a point or points in Mexico, and beyond, and (b) from a point or points in Mexico to any point.

They are talking large cities like New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, Houston, Washington, etc. PLUS smaller cities nonstop PLUS smaller cities with intermediate stops (maybe for customs?).
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

enilria

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
enilria wrote:

Regardless, PIT/CVG/IND-CUN/PUJ will be routes added in the near future, they already fly these routes on a charter basis:

I'd argue that perhaps it is planned as a scheduled route and it was misloaded before they got approval. Frontier sold some seats on Apple charters under their own brand at one point. I didn't think G4's RES system could handle these, however.

enilria

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
WOW! Now I can fly between CUN and some city I’ve never heard of at 2 PM on Wednesday with only 28 inches of legroom. :D At least fares will be lower... I’m thinking CVG will be among the first to see service to Mexico.

Those cities you haven't heard of don't have CBP, although PUJ is moving toward CBP pre-clearance.

Sean-SAN-

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Allegiant actually has 30" seat pitch, better than many "legacy" airlines. The fact that they don't recline means you actually have more space as well, and no seatback right in your face. Works fine for their typical 2 hour stage length.

Aliqiout

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Sean-SAN- wrote:
Allegiant actually has 30" seat pitch, better than many "legacy" airlines. The fact that they don't recline means you actually have more space as well, and no seatback right in your face. Works fine for their typical 2 hour stage length.

Which lagacy has less than 30" pitch?????? The only remaining lagacies are AA,UA,DL,AS, and HA none of them have less than 30" pitch. AA planned to go lower but backed off after critistism.

Gulfstream500

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
Sean-SAN- wrote:

Which lagacy has less than 30" pitch?????? The only remaining lagacies are AA,UA,DL,AS, and HA none of them have less than 30" pitch. AA planned to go lower but backed off after critistism.

AA on the max8 is all I can think of.

freakyrat

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:04 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
I posted this information this morning on the Allegiant Discussion Thread.
http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411883&start=100#p21299579

But since there is now a separate thread I will crosspost the same information here.

The application is here:
http://www.regulations.gov/document?D=DOT-OST-2019-0067-0001

In a footnote in the application, Allegiant says it wants to:
1 More specifically, under both its certificate and exemption applications, Allegiant requests authority to engage in (1) scheduled foreign air transportation of persons, property and mail (a) from a point or points in the United States to a point or points in Mexico, (b) from Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio to Mexico City, Toluca, and Acapulco, and beyond to points in Panama and beyond, (c) from New York, Washington, Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Houston, to Mexico City and Toluca, and beyond to a point or points in Central and/or South America, and (d) from a point or points in the United States, via an intermediate point or points, to a point or points in Mexico, and beyond, as mutually agreed in writing by the aeronautical authorities of the U.S. and Mexico; and (2) scheduled foreign air transportation of property and mail (a) from a point or points in the United States, via an intermediate point or points, to a point or points in Mexico, and beyond, and (b) from a point or points in Mexico to any point.

They are talking large cities like New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, Houston, Washington, etc. PLUS smaller cities nonstop PLUS smaller cities with intermediate stops (maybe for customs?).

One of the smaller cities is SBN to CUN as Allegiant has approached airport management amd a US Customs facility that can process up to 200 pax per hour is in place to handle them. In surveys over 15,000 yearly trips are made to the Yucatan from SBN and the surrounding area so Allegiant would have no problem in capturing that demand.

Aliqiout

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
Sean-SAN- wrote:

AA on the max8 is all I can think of.

No, they planned to go down to 29" but they changed their plans before any entered service becasue of the outpouring of discontent.

Jshank83

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:16 pm

enilria wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
enilria wrote:

I'd argue that perhaps it is planned as a scheduled route and it was misloaded before they got approval. Frontier sold some seats on Apple charters under their own brand at one point. I didn't think G4's RES system could handle these, however.

F9 still does.

spinkid

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 am

Gulfstream500 wrote:

Some of us live in those cities and are quite happy to hear this news. My flights on Allegiant have been great.

enilria

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
enilria wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

F9 still does.

Which of their current scheduled routes are 90% Apple Charters?

Sean-SAN-

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
Sean-SAN- wrote:

United has 30" in Y, so it may not be better per se, maybe equal is a better way to put it. But when someone reclines their seat into your face, it's definitely less room. I'll take G4 over a AA/UA/DL 737 for anything less than 4 hours any day.

Gulfstream500

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Sean-SAN- wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
Sean-SAN- wrote:

United has 30" in Y, so it may not be better per se, maybe equal is a better way to put it. But when someone reclines their seat into your face, it's definitely less room. I'll take G4 over a AA/UA/DL 737 for anything less than 4 hours any day.

Remember... this is G4 we’re talking about. You can only take them over DL/UA/AA twice a week

many321

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 pm

It would be interesting to see what Central America destinations they're wanting to explore.

jtwall

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Sean-SAN- wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
Sean-SAN- wrote:

As a 6’8” person, I like G4 (and to some extent F9 but I’ve had bigger issues with them...) for this same reason. More importantly though, the extra legroom seats are actually affordable (usually only about $20 each way) whereas premium economy seats on the US3 are getting pretty ridiculous these days.

Midwestindy

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:15 pm

G4 basically confirmed it will be flying IND/PIT/CVG-Mexico yesterday in their investor call...

Maury Gallagher -- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer:
"We're already flying charter work to Mexico. So operationally, it's not a leap to get from here to there. We're going to be selling in the same markets, we're already selling in. (already operating charter work)

So, and the nice thing where we're at now is we have most of them with customs access so we can do nonstop service, which is important. So, you're taking maybe an Indy, Cincinnati, and Pit (Pittsburgh), all these places where we're already at, it's just not a big leap to think that we can kind of sell that product."

Michael Linenberg -- Deutsche Bank -- Analyst:

All right. Now that's very helpful. And then just back on Mexico, I think maybe, Drew, you sort of made the comment that you guys sort of -- you guys zagged where others have zigged and moving into Mexico. Is this -- when we think about what you've done historically from a charter basis, sort of medium-sized cities into big leisure destinations, is that the Mexico plan? Or are there other things that you may be looking at, maybe even secondary cities in Mexico or maybe even bringing people from Mexico to the U.S.? Or is it -- am I getting ahead of myself?

Drew Wells -- Vice President of Revenue and Planning:

I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there. I think the first part you talked about with midsize going to big leisure destinations in Mexico and Phase 2 being the Caribbean is absolutely what we'll be looking at there. It's our bread and butter. It's what we do very well domestically, and it should very well internationally.

Maury Gallagher -- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer:

Michael, the majority of our traffic originates in the blue -- cold part of the world. And we do, by a margin, mostly round trips. So, this is really nothing more than just having an arbitrary line this south of the border, so to speak. And we'll originate a round trip there.

So, like for instance, selling in Mexico, we do all our own automation. There's a lot of complexity. You've got to set up a distribution network, and you wonder if that return trip coming or originating in Mexico to Cincinnati -- I'm not sure -- how deep and wide that part we would ever be. So, we just -- I look at this personally as just adding another endpoint to Cincinnati or Pittsburgh and the like, albeit it's got different tax implications and some complexities, but it's really more of what we've been doing.

Dominion301

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:19 pm

How much Apple flying does G4 currently do and from where?

stl07

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:14 pm

enilria wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
enilria wrote:

F9 still does.

STL-CUN off the top of my head

But I'm sure they have more from USA-CUN
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

hpff

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:24 pm

stl07 wrote:
enilria wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

F9 still does.

I thought USA was only a regional airport?

maps4ltd

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:50 pm

hpff wrote:
stl07 wrote:
enilria wrote:

Not USA as in Concord, NC. USA as in the United States of America.
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List

Midwestindy

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 am

Dominion301 wrote:

CVG-PUJ

IND-CUN/PUJ

PIT-CUN/PUJ/POP

That is it

rainaviation2

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 am

Gulfstream500 wrote:
Sean-SAN- wrote:

Remember... this is G4 we’re talking about. You can only take them over DL/UA/AA twice a week

This might be the funniest passive-aggressive airline humor I have ever heard! :)

BA744PHX

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:36 am

Gulfstream500 wrote:
Sean-SAN- wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:

Priceless.... best response of the day!!!
UA Gold 2019, DL Silver 2019
Upcoming flights
UA EWR-PVG-EWR, EWR-CLT-EWR, EWR-CLE-EWR, EWR-EZE-EWR, EWR-LHR-EWR, EWR-YYZ-EWR, EWR-PHX-EWR, EWR-NRT-HKG-EWR

Jshank83

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:04 am

stl07 wrote:
enilria wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

F9 still does.

STL-PUJ

Dominion301

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

CVG-PUJ

IND-CUN/PUJ

PIT-CUN/PUJ/POP

That is it

So those evidently are the easiest places to launch from by doing à la Frontier and just keep a chunk of the Apple charter aircraft for yourself.

enilria

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
enilria wrote:

STL-PUJ

So F9 only has two routes where Apple buys the bulk of the scheduled seats?

hpff

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:03 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
hpff wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Not USA as in Concord, NC. USA as in the United States of America.

Oops. This is the one airline where that distinction matters :banghead:

maps4ltd

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:07 am

enilria wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

STL-PUJ

So F9 only has two routes where Apple buys the bulk of the scheduled seats?

Maybe ORD-PUJ?
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List

Midwestindy

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:13 am

LAX772LR

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 am

Aliqiout wrote:
The only remaining lagacies are AA,UA,DL,AS, and HA

Slight OT technicality, but HA isn't a legacy.

They didn't have interstate operational authority prior to deregulation.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Aliqiout

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:12 am

LAX772LR wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:

You are right, for some reason I thought they did, so there are only four legacies left, none of which have any seatsl with less than 30" of pitch.

LAX772LR

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:12 am

Aliqiout wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:

You are right, for some reason I thought they did,

All good. Their first interstate op was 1984, IINM.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

FATFlyer

Sun May 12, 2019 4:36 pm

The DOT on Friday approved Allegiant to serve US to Mexico.
http://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=DOT-OST-2019-0067
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

dfwjim1

Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 pm

spinkid wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

Some of us live in those cities and are quite happy to hear this news. My flights on Allegiant have been great.

I flew FLL to Asheville and back last January on G4 just to try them out and was very pleased with the service

dabpit

Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Fantastic news. It will be interesting to see the route pairs that put together. We already know the main cities they want to go for and we already know the most likely cities to see the first service are IND/CVG/PIT.
Carpe Diem

cledaybuck

Mon May 13, 2019 3:06 pm

citationjet wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

Can someone explain to me how this is any different from flying UA?

rajincajun01

Mon May 13, 2019 3:08 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
citationjet wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

Seats on UA recline and they don’t charge for carryons.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore

cledaybuck

Mon May 13, 2019 3:30 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
citationjet wrote:

The seats may recline, but they absolutely do charge for carryons.

rajincajun01

Mon May 13, 2019 3:39 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

If you buy a Basic Economy ticket, yes. For the other 90% of tickets sold, no they do not.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore

cledaybuck

Mon May 13, 2019 3:55 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:

If you buy a Basic Economy ticket, yes. For the other 90% of tickets sold, no they do not.

Right. You have to buy more than the lowest fare if you want to bring a carry on. I fail to see how that is much different than paying for a carry on.

william

Mon May 13, 2019 4:14 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:

So you think only 10% of the pax on your next UA flight is paying basic?

Truth be told, there is not alot difference between the main carriers and LCC cheap tickets product.

As regards Allegiant, try them out folks. I was nervous because of some of the comments I read on this board. When you board its just like any other flight you have been on and yes, I have seen pax flying on business using them. And you fly them out of Austin, you get the avoid the zoo called the main terminal and step back in time and fly out of the cool South Terminal.

Gulfstream500

Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 pm

william wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

So you think only 10% of the pax on your next UA flight is paying basic?

Truth be told, there is not alot difference between the main carriers and LCC cheap tickets product.

As regards Allegiant, try them out folks. I was nervous because of some of the comments I read on this board. When you board its just like any other flight you have been on and yes, I have seen pax flying on business using them. And you fly them out of Austin, you get the avoid the zoo called the main terminal and step back in time and fly out of the cool South Terminal.

As for Allegiant goes, I’ve always found F9 and B6 to be more appealing. B6 you may have to pay more for, but the difference is usually marginal. F9 sometimes has more frequencies, so I at least have that flexibility.

Although, my main issue with G4 is that they don’t have many destinations outside of FL or NV (maybe it’s just my airport), and I always have to get a LONG Uber ride, thus cancelling my benefits of a lower fare.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos