Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Skyblue39

Re: Irish 3/19: Marching skyward

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm

DUB-SWF will be on 789 and any passengers for PVD will be bussed between Newburgh and Providence.

SNN99

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:41 pm

PVD pax will be on the SWF flight and will be bussed to PVD

uconn99

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:37 pm

SNN99 wrote:

Any indication how long this lasts or if they plan on flying regular 800 series to PVD/SWF? If this shutdown lasts for months, I think both SWF and PVD are toast.

OA260

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am

Aer Lingus Mobile App now works with Apple Pay

Aer Lingus has launched Apple Pay as a payment method on the Aer Lingus mobile app. With 50% growth in Aer Lingus mobile app channels over the past year, the airline is now able to offer customers the convenience of frictionless and secure payments in euro, sterling and dollars.

https://irishtechnews.ie/aer-lingus-mob ... e-pay/amp/

—-

Dublin Airport going to tender with deal worth €350m
Two contracts for catering services set to go to tender, including one for 21 food and drink units

Dublin Airport is about to launch a major tender process including two separate contracts, one of which will comprise 21 food and beverage outlets in a deal forecast to have total revenues of about €350 million.

The airport’s operator, the Dublin Airport Authority (DAA), said it’s looking to “transform” the food and drink offering at the airport across Terminals 1 and 2.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 0?mode=amp

—-

Cork Airport sees monthly passenger numbers rise 10%

Cork Airport recorded a 10% increase in passenger numbers in February when compared to the same month last year.
The news comes as Ryanair announced today a new twice-weekly service from Cork to Katowice, Poland, as part of its Winter 2019 schedule.
There are now 52 routes on offer from Cork Airport to the UK, Continental Europe and the east coast of the USA, along with daily long-haul connectivity through major European hub airports.
Cork Airport Managing Director, Niall MacCarthy, said: “Cork Airport is proud to report passenger numbers of 151,000 last month, an increase of 14,000 when compared to February 2018.

www.breakingnews.ie/business/cork-airpo ... 10917.html

BrianDromey

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 am

ApplePay integration is great. The UK Trainline App accepts it, which makes booking tickets much easier. I feel more comfortable with my details held ‘securely’ on my device than in a corporate server. It’s also really convenient to bypass ticket collection queues, most Train Operators accept QR code ticketing.

OA260

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 am

BrianDromey wrote:
ApplePay integration is great. The UK Trainline App accepts it, which makes booking tickets much easier. I feel more comfortable with my details held ‘securely’ on my device than in a corporate server. It’s also really convenient to bypass ticket collection queues, most Train Operators accept QR code ticketing.

Agreed. Only thing is Aer Lingus are having issues since introduced and it failed when I tried to use it
yesterday coming up with an error saying invalid characters in my profile when there clearly was not. Hopefully they will resolve this.

klm617

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:18 pm

SNN99 wrote:

That seems kind of silly why not just operate the 787 on a DUB-SWF-PVD-DUB routing.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:31 pm

I’d say the main reason is airframe cycles. Much cheaper to send the aircraft direct to one destination and bus pax over to the other. (Probably not that pleasant for the PVD pax, but better use of a valuable resource).

OA260

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhaoibh

EIBoston

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:46 am

uconn99 wrote:
SNN99 wrote:

Any indication how long this lasts or if they plan on flying regular 800 series to PVD/SWF? If this shutdown lasts for months, I think both SWF and PVD are toast.

Very interested to see what they do with ORK and SNN services which are due to recommence in 2 weeks time. I have family on the first flight out of ORK and they have not received any cancellation as of yet. However I suspect they will in the next week. With the MAX most likely out of service for some time, I think it may be the end of ORK and SNN for Norwegian.

OA260

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

Aer Lingus best at seating companions together

A consumer survey has found 96% of Aer Lingus customers sit next to their companion on flights without having to pay extra to reserve seats, suggesting the additional cost is almost always unnecessary.

www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/aer- ... -wfkb8k9gb

---
Two 'former US soldiers' arrested after breaching security perimeter at Shannon Airport

The pair didn’t reach the aircraft, which was parked at a terminal at the time.

TWO PEOPLE HAVE been arrested at Shannon Airport following a security breach at the hub this morning.
It’s understood the two individuals, believed to be former US soldiers, breached the airport perimeter as part of an attempt to reach an aircraft used to transport US troops.
The Omni Air International jet was parked at the terminal building at the time.

www.thejournal.ie/shannon-airport-forme ... 6-Mar2019/

---

Farranfore base for oil choppers

A new helicopter base is to open at Kerry Airport to service oil and gas exploration operations off the west coast.

On Monday it was announced that UK-based international asset and infrastructure management company Babcock International are to open a helicopter base facility at Kerry Airport in Farranfore.

www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/n ... 07038.html

KIRFlyer

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 pm

EIBoston wrote:
uconn99 wrote:
SNN99 wrote:

Very interested to see what they do with ORK and SNN services which are due to recommence in 2 weeks time. I have family on the first flight out of ORK and they have not received any cancellation as of yet. However I suspect they will in the next week. With the MAX most likely out of service for some time, I think it may be the end of ORK and SNN for Norwegian.

I have family on the first flight out of SNN to PVD. Any ideas or advice on what to give them? I’ve said hound Norwegian to try and get an answer out of em ASAP. It’s pretty poor form if Norwegian know they’ll be cancelling the flights and not telling passengers well enough in advance so that they can travel with another carrier and a half reasonable price. They’ll probably offer two, possibly 3 options

1: Full refund
2: Rebook you for another time
3(maybe) We’ll bus you to DUB, fly to Newburgh, and then bus you to PVD. Which sounds awful!

If they found out tomorrow that they will get options 1 and 2, at least they can take the refund and book with another carrier. They have to travel back to the US on March 31st. They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.

EIBoston

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:42 pm

KIRFlyer wrote:
EIBoston wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

I have family on the first flight out of SNN to PVD. Any ideas or advice on what to give them? I’ve said hound Norwegian to try and get an answer out of em ASAP. It’s pretty poor form if Norwegian know they’ll be cancelling the flights and not telling passengers well enough in advance so that they can travel with another carrier and a half reasonable price. They’ll probably offer two, possibly 3 options

3(maybe) We’ll bus you to DUB, fly to Newburgh, and then bus you to PVD. Which sounds awful!

If they found out tomorrow that they will get options 1 and 2, at least they can take the refund and book with another carrier. They have to travel back to the US on March 31st. They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Honestly the most telling thing for me is that you can't book on their website to SNN or ORK until May. Agree it is poor form they don't inform of the cancellation if they already know the flights are not going to run until at least May.

SNN99

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm

EIBoston wrote:
KIRFlyer wrote:
EIBoston wrote:

Honestly the most telling thing for me is that you can't book on their website to SNN or ORK until May.

Nor to Dublin.

EIBoston

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:39 pm

SNN99 wrote:
EIBoston wrote:
KIRFlyer wrote:

Honestly the most telling thing for me is that you can't book on their website to SNN or ORK until May.

Nor to Dublin.

Very true, but I don't see them deploying a 787 to cover ORK and SNN. Might be wrong but I am not sure they have another Dreamliner to spare.

SNN99

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:33 am

EIBoston wrote:
    SNN99 wrote:
    EIBoston wrote:

Nor to Dublin.

Very true, but I don't see them deploying a 787 to cover ORK and SNN. Might be wrong but I am not sure they have another Dreamliner to spare.

They won’t even have the dub Dreamliner to spare in a few weeks when LGW summer schedule kicks in, no SNN ORK or DUB pax are receiving any updates on their flights around the early April time so I’m sure not even Norwegian themselves know what’s going to happen then

EIBoston

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 am

SNN99 wrote:
      EIBoston wrote:
      SNN99 wrote:
      Nor to Dublin.

They won’t even have the dub Dreamliner to spare in a few weeks when LGW summer schedule kicks in, no SNN ORK or DUB pax are receiving any updates on their flights around the early April time so I’m sure not even Norwegian themselves know what’s going to happen then

Thanks, that would explain why no Dublin bookings available on their website as well so. We will know in a couple of weeks what is going to happen i guess when SNN and ORK routes were due to recommence.

OA260

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 am

Clune to pursue Shannon Airport subsidy issue

MUNSTER MEP Deirdre Clune is to pursue the issue of why Shannon Airport is getting no Government subsidies.

Recent investment in airports in Knock and Kerry have been announced but, as a commercial venture, Shannon has seen no government investment.

www.limerickpost.ie/2019/03/15/clune-to ... idy-issue/

—-

Ryanair considers the prospect of launching flights to Armenia

European low-cost airline Ryanair is considering entering the Armenian air travel market in a proposal that the local aviation authority hopes may stimulate the market with its low fare opportunities.

The Irish airfares discounter may launch flights to the Caucasus country as early as next year, Tatevik Revazyan, chairwoman of Armenia’s Civil Aviation Committee, revealed in an interview with the local radio broadcasting company.

Armenia’s aviation authority met up with Europe’s largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in Dublin to discuss the possibilities.

www.rusaviainsider.com/ryanair-consider ... s-armenia/

OA260

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Unit has caught fire by 300 gates . Delaying flights around that area.

LH982

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Looks like EI have dropped Stuttgart for summer 2019. Shows on the route map, but nothing bookable.

JAmie2k9

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:53 pm

LH982 wrote:
      Looks like EI have dropped Stuttgart for summer 2019. Shows on the route map, but nothing bookable.

And Murcia. Shame about STR as FR pulling out of there in June.

Phen

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:32 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
      And Murcia.

Indeed the older and originally military airport MJV was replaced by a new one further west, RMU, in January. There may have been handling or other issues arising from the switchover which could have encouraged EI just to drop the route altogether. It is a shame; loads last summer were good.

JAmie2k9

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Phen wrote:
      JAmie2k9 wrote:
      And Murcia.

Indeed the older and originally military airport MJV was replaced by a new one further west, RMU, in January. There may have been handling or other issues arising from the switchover which could have encouraged EI just to drop the route altogether. It is a shame; loads last summer were good.

Loads were good but a little below what you would expect during the summer to Spain. It was a rather unusual route for EI to operate and they started at a solid x4 weekly which showed good intent.

I suspect they have taken the view loads may drop as the new airport is further away from the coast combined with no short haul capacity growth. Interesting to see how other low cost carriers get on at the new airport.

OA260

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:43 am

Donegal Airport voted most scenic in the world for second year running
      Voters described the Carrickfinn airstrip as ‘spectacular’ and ‘beautiful’

Donegal Airport has been named the most scenic in the world for the second year in a row.

The airstrip at Carrickfinn finished ahead of Barra Airport in Scotland in second place, with Nice airport coming third in the annual poll carried out PrivateFly, a private jet booking service. The airport finished second in 2017 and seventh in 2016.

Voters pointed to its scenic surroundings and dramatic approach. “The view is spectacular! Mountains on one side and a beautiful rugged coastline dotted with islands and golden sandy beaches running adjacent to the runway,” said one voter, while another said it was the “most beautiful scenery I ever saw, with the beach on one side with crystal clear water and Mount Errigal standing tall on the other side”.

www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/trave ... 9?mode=amp

shamrock321

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:28 am

With the grounding of the 737 MAX I was wondering what AC would use for their DUB-YUK flights this summer and it seems an A330 is scheduled. Was this announced before or is it just temporary?
      So with YVR also switching to mainline AC it may be possible to see 3 Air Canada A330s on the ground in Dublin at certain times this summer?

shamrock350

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:54 am

shamrock321 wrote:
      With the grounding of the 737 MAX I was wondering what AC would use for their DUB-YUK flights this summer and it seems an A330 is scheduled. Was this announced before or is it just temporary?
      So with YVR also switching to mainline AC it may be possible to see 3 Air Canada A330s on the ground in Dublin at certain times this summer?

Yes, the A330 for YUL was announced back in October. Unfortunately they still operate the 737MAX on YYZ-SNN which is due to start at the end of May, not sure what they have planned for that yet as I believe they’ve suspended MAX operations until at least July.

OA260

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:04 am

shamrock350 wrote:
      shamrock321 wrote:

Yes, the A330 for YUL was announced back in October. Unfortunately they still operate the 737MAX on YYZ-SNN which is due to start at the end of May, not sure what they have planned for that yet as I believe they’ve suspended MAX operations until at least July.

There is a stop sale at the moment on SNN-YYZ for June so it could go either way. Re book / refund or go via DUB is currently allowed under their policy.

eicvd

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 pm

[twoid]c[/twoid]
      shamrock321 wrote:

I’m far from 100% certain but I thought one of those A330s will fly YVR-DUB-YUL or similar? Hope I am wrong & seeing 3 on the ground at once is possible.

I’ll probably be taking the YYZ flight again this summer & I’ll be hoping it’ll be one of the soon to be delivered ex TP/SQ birds. Preferred the ancient 767 in Dec/Jan to the airbus last May.

Galwayman

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:05 pm

It’s just one 330 for all the Vancouver and Montreal routes alternating days etc

These were going to be the ex SQ birds but I see them coming up as Rouge now

KIRFlyer

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 pm

KIRFlyer wrote:
      EIBoston wrote:
      uconn99 wrote:

So Norwegian have cancelled the flight. She got confirmation today. They have rebooked her in the Dublin-Newburgh flight and get bussed to Providence. Any costs incurred to get to Dublin, keep the receipts and they will refund.

Clydenairways

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Any news on the Westjet Max 8 flights to Halifax, are they still going ahead?

OA260

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:32 am

Clydenairways wrote:
      Any news on the Westjet Max 8 flights to Halifax, are they still going ahead?

Nothing yet they issued a general press/trade update on 20/3. Flights zeroed out until 31/5 with seats on sale from 1/6. That date is of course subject to various factors beyond Westjet's control.

'' Boeing 737 Max-8 Update

This Monday (March 25), WestJet's flight schedules will reflect the removal of our 13 Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft through the end of April. We continue to monitor this dynamic situation and will balance further extension of a revised schedule as more information becomes available.

WestJet has 168 aircraft, or more than 93 percent of our overall fleet, that remain in service. You can book with confidence knowing that WestJet continues to fly throughout the network with the safety of guests and employees as the priority.
      Since the grounding of the MAX-8, of the more than 65,000 guests booked on MAX flights up to March 31, more than 85 per cent had little to no changes to their flight schedules.

We are closely in contact with Boeing, Transport Canada, and other regulators to understand how and when to safely reintroduce the MAX-8 aircraft into service. WestJet remains unrelenting in putting safety at the forefront and will thoroughly evaluate processes, procedures and any further required training before these aircraft once again take to the skies.

eicvd

Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Galwayman wrote:
      It’s just one 330 for all the Vancouver and Montreal routes alternating days etc

These were going to be the ex SQ birds but I see them coming up as Rouge now

It’s supposed to be Rouge at first for a few weeks

JAmie2k9

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:18 am

Aer Lingus’ partnership with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program will end on July 1 2019, when the airlines part ways and the ability to earn and redeem Qantas Points on Ireland's national airline is withdrawn.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-aer-lin ... artnership

EIBoston

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:10 pm

KIRFlyer wrote:
      KIRFlyer wrote:
      EIBoston wrote:

So Norwegian have cancelled the flight. She got confirmation today. They have rebooked her in the Dublin-Newburgh flight and get bussed to Providence. Any costs incurred to get to Dublin, keep the receipts and they will refund.

So essentially ORK->PVD will be cancelled as well next week as one plane does both routes. Safe to assume that SNN-SWF is also not happening. Of course no announcement from airline or airports involved.

AmricanShamrok

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:35 pm

EIBoston wrote:
      KIRFlyer wrote:
      KIRFlyer wrote:

So essentially ORK->PVD will be cancelled as well next week as one plane does both routes. Safe to assume that SNN-SWF is also not happening. Of course no announcement from airline or airports involved.

ORK is "confident" D8 will supply a 738 to service the flights in place of the 7M8. No word from SNN.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 12826.html

OA260

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:43 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
      EIBoston wrote:
      KIRFlyer wrote:

ORK is "confident" D8 will supply a 738 to service the flights in place of the 7M8. No word from SNN.

It might be a handy get out clause for them !

eirflot

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Summer schedule starts next week. Is DAA prepared for the increase in traffic

All good fun I suspect!

EIBoston

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:59 pm

OA260 wrote:
      AmricanShamrok wrote:
      EIBoston wrote:

It might be a handy get out clause for them !

Yes indeed, you may be right:-)

NiallS

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:02 pm

eirflot wrote:
      Summer schedule starts next week. Is DAA prepared for the increase in traffic

All good fun I suspect!

Have the taxiway works between Pier 3/4 finished yet? They were blocking a few gates from being used on Piers 3 and 4 since last November.

Eirules

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:33 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
      Aer Lingus’ partnership with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program will end on July 1 2019, when the airlines part ways and the ability to earn and redeem Qantas Points on Ireland's national airline is withdrawn.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-aer-lin ... artnership

Doesn’t bode well for any future oneworld entry, even as a connect member

OA260

Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Belfast International Airport lounge ranked joint third worst in the UK

The passenger lounge at Belfast International Airport has been named the joint third worst out of 21 pay-as-you-go facilities in the UK.

Inspectors from Which?, the brand name used by the Consumers' Association, ranked the Causeway Lounge at the Belfast International poorly because of its lack of shower facilities, made-to-order dishes, sparkling wine or champagne, spa facilities and fast-track premium security.

Passengers pay £27.50 to use the lounge at the airport.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/norther ... 41534.html

---

Cork Airport continues growth with further development

Cork Airport today opened a new Airport Control Centre and purpose-built office as it plans for continued growth.

“We are delighted to officially open our open plan office facility (the Hub) in the terminal, along with the Airport Control Centre today," said Niall MacCarthy, Managing Director at Cork Airport.

"As we are well and truly into our fourth consecutive year of growth, these new facilities are vital to our future growth with an anticipated 2.6 million passengers expected to travel through the airport this year, an expected increase of 8% on 2018 passenger numbers.

www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/busi ... 13124.html

---

Plane spotters called on to help Gardai see drones at Dublin Airport

Gardai are seeking to enlist plane spotters at Dublin Airport to help prevent drones from invading the runways.

A leaflet distributed to aviation hobbyists at Dublin Airport recently welcomed spotters to participate in the new Dublin Airport Drone Prevention Project.

https://extra.ie/2019/03/25/news/irish- ... ers-drones

EI321

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:39 pm

Norwegian confirms temporary Ireland summer operation from 31 March – 10 April after 737MAX grounding

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/norw ... -10-april/

OA260

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:19 am

CUT IN TWO BY NIMBYS Metrolink to Dublin Airport to abandon southside section after protest as TD Eamon Ryan says ‘we need public transport everywhere’

The mainly underground line is now going to stop just short of Ranelagh at Charlemont

THE proposed Metrolink to Dublin Airport is to abandon its southside section, the Irish Sun can confirm.

Details of the project are due to be announced later today, but it emerged last night that the mainly underground line is now going to stop just short of Ranelagh at Charlemont.

www.thesun.ie/news/3909636/metrolink-du ... e-section/

Eirules

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:29 am

Another new route for Dublin this summer. A little niche but hopefully successful

http://ow.ly/z18o30obXiN

JAmie2k9

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:00 am

A “drunk” passenger had to be tied to his seat on an Aer Lingus flight after he was causing a lot of chaos on a flight Florida to Dublin.

The man was restrained to his seat by his wrists after he reportedly kicked up a fuss on the Aer Lingus jet from Orlando.

Fellow passengers said that the man who is believed to be in his 30s became difficult after two hours into the 10-hour journey, Dublin Live have reported.

The crew were considering turning around the plane and landing in Canada as a result.

Passenger Gail Hilliard Dawsy spoke with Irish Mirror and said: “He was a jerk. Gardai told me he would be in a world of s**t and most likely would never be able to return to Ireland again, certainly not with Aer Lingus.”

She added that the man seemed to be drunk and he was hassling the crew.

She added: “He was from America and even had his family with him, I’m not sure why they didn’t try to intervene.

“He was being rude the whole time and at one point put his hands on a flight attendant.

“Our family is law enforcement and two of our guys assisted in restraining him.”

Retired sheriff Jeff Dawsy and former SWAT team member David Decarlo ere the two officers that time the passenger to his seat.

Gail continued: “The flight attendants basically said if we couldn’t get him under control we’d have to turn around and land, probably in Canada I guess, as I was looking at our flight path at the time knowing this was going to be a possibility.

“The flight attendants had some kind of handcuffs or restraints and our guys were able to control him enough so they could restrain him.

"We heard nothing more from him during the flight.”

The plane landed in Dublin Airport and the pilot informed the passengers that there had been an incident and that they would be met with Gardai.

Gardai said: “A 30-year-old man was arrested at Dublin Airport last Friday after disembarking a flight from Orlando.

“The man was arrested under Section 48 State Airport Act 2014 and conveyed to Ballymun Garda station.”

In a statement from Aer Lingus, they said: "Aer Lingus does not comment on individual cases. Aer Lingus confirms that the safety and security of our guests and colleagues is always our number one priority.”

https://www.buzz.ie/news/drunk-passenge ... eat-321801

Only 2 hours into the flight, surprised they didn't divert, could understand if it 3-4.

kaitak
      Topic Author

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:43 am

I guess if the crew have successfully restrained him and he no longer poses a threat, then it's ok to continue; returning only incurs extra costs and inconvenience to the crew, airline and other pax.

OA260

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:49 am

TDs vote in favour of noise restrictions at Dublin Airport

Average noise levels at Dublin Airport to are to be kept below 45 decibels after TDs voted in favour of the restrictions.

The Government lost a Dáil vote on a Bill tonight which will now mean the permitted levels of noise from aircraft at the airport will be limited to stipulated levels.

The amendment states that the competent authority shall direct the airport to ensure that average noise exposure is kept below 45 decibels.

www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/irel ... 13538.html

---

US flight from Newark to Frankfurt diverts to Dublin Airport due to medical emergency

The incident happened early this morning
      A flight from the US to Europe has been forced to divert to Dublin Airport due to a medical emergency.

United Airlines flight UA960 was nearing the end of its journey from Newark, New Jersey to Frankfurt in Germany.

But as it was heading over the UK, it declared an emergency and was forced to divert to Dublin.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubl ... t-16032952

---

#BREAKING Fire forces emergency landing at Shannon

A REPORTED FIRE onboard an American Airlines New York to London Heathrow flight forced an emergency landing at Shannon Airport this Wednesday morning.

The scheduled flight left New York’s JFK airport just after 11pm on Tuesday night but midway through an alert was sent out with reports a fire onboard.

www.limerickpost.ie/2019/03/27/fire-for ... t-shannon/

OA260

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Dublin Airport Participates In Biometrics Trial

Dublin Airport is taking part in a trial that uses biometrics to help passengers seamlessly travel between two airports.

The trial, which is being undertaken by Dublin Airport, Bristol Airport and an airline partner, is thought to be the first biometric trial that enables passengers to use the same biometric system at their departure and arrival airports and with their airline.

The public trial, which passengers can opt for voluntarily, will start in Dublin next month and uses technology developed by the US company Collins Aerospace, whereby a single sign up identification process streamlines the passenger’s outbound and return journey.

A passenger who opts into the SelfPass process will have the biometric data from their passport securely stored which will help speed up the passenger journey.

www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detai ... rics-trial

NiallS

Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Here are some estimated load factors for new routes from Dublin based on CSO 2018 figures. This is just my own estimates so may not be entirely accurate due to flight cancellations, possible extra flights etc.

Aeroflot SVO (This is assuming the A320 used is in the 140 seats configuration rather than the 158. SeatGuru indicates that it's the 140 seat version)
      October 2018: 49%
      November 2018: 39%
      December 2018: 66%

Cathay Pacific HKG
      June 2018: 83%
      July 2018: 93%
      August 2018: 92%
      September 2018: 77%
      October 2018: 73%
      November 2018: 62%
      December 2018: 75%

Croatia Airlines ZAG
      May 2018: 77%
      June 2018: 81%
      July 2018: 88%
      August 2018: 88%
      September 2018: 78%
      October 2018: 69%

Unfortunately the loads for Hainan to PEK were too difficult to calculate due to the variety of aircraft used on the route and the Edinburgh stopover. But in general the loads appeared to be in the 30/40s.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos