Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

xwb777
Topic Author

Emirates A380 to Amman.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:49 am

Emirates has announced that it will be starting daily A380 operations to the Jordanian Capital city, Amman. The airline will be operating the whale to Queen Alia International Airport for the period from 01JUN to 26OCT. The A38p will operate flights EH903/EK904. Emirates will be operating the 3 class version on the route.

Popular cities for Jordanians in the Emirates network are: Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Sydney, New York, Los Angeles.

Emirates operated a one-off A380 service to AMM on 26SEP16, to celebrate 30 years of service to Jordan.

Source: https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... e-to-amman

Re: Emirates A380 to Amman.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:08 am

That's a good news at last for Jordan traveler. Somehow your spelling up there is wrong. E.G it should be EK903 not EH903 and it's A380 not A38p.

xwb777
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 am

SQ789 wrote:
That's a good news at last for Jordan traveler. Somehow your spelling up there is wrong. E.G it should be EK903 not EH903 and it's A380 not A38p.

gardermoen

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 am

London and Paris as popular connections for Jordanians via Dubai?!
I’d understand if there were no flights between Amman and Europe, but flying some 2-3 hours in the wrong direction (only to almost fly over Jordan again) is just ridiculous.

mjoelnir

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Airbus will in the financial year 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 accept 6 A380 and retire 7 777. So they will have to find new destination for the still growing A380 fleet.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... s-for-2019

quote: During the financial year 2019/20, Emirates will take delivery of six new Airbus A380 aircraft. At the same time, the airline will be renewing its fleet by retiring seven older Boeing 777 aircraft.

iadadd

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:27 pm

gardermoen wrote:
I’d understand if there were no flights between Amman and Europe, but flying some 2-3 hours in the wrong direction (only to almost fly over Jordan again) is just ridiculous.

If the price is right people will fly more hours. Plus, Emirates has a very established name in the region and people will go out of their way to take it.

Clipper101

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 pm

iadadd wrote:
gardermoen wrote:

If the price is right people will fly more hours. Plus, Emirates has a very established name in the region and people will go out of their way to take it.

There are seasons where flights between Amman & especially London is of high demand, RJ flies extra flights to satisfy demand. It is logical that passengers would then choose alternates such as EK, but otherwise I would not say popular trend.

smartplane

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
Airbus will in the financial year 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 accept 6 A380 and retire 7 777. So they will have to find new destination for the still growing A380 fleet.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... s-for-2019

quote: During the financial year 2019/20, Emirates will take delivery of six new Airbus A380 aircraft. At the same time, the airline will be renewing its fleet by retiring seven older Boeing 777 aircraft.

Fleet starts to stabilise from the following financial year. Depending on hours / cycles, the first is likely to be withdrawn in 2Q20.

xwb777
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:55 pm

There are times when the 3 daily flights are fully booked. So the A380 makes sense on the route. Amman flights these days are popular with the Americans, Africans and Chinese nationals.

LH658

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:00 pm

iadadd wrote:
gardermoen wrote:

True i seen people back track on TK Flying America - IST - London etc. If the price is right I wouldn't mine flying via DOH, AUH, & DXB to get to Jordan.

santi319

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 pm

iadadd wrote:
gardermoen wrote:

Not really though, levant people find Emiratis very condenscending people towards them.. specially Palestinians (like half of Jordan) which are treated like crap in the UAE...

CollegeAviator

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 pm

gardermoen wrote:

Several travelers go India/Sri Lanka - Middle East - Australia/New Zealand despite SQ/TG/MH etc having decent connections, while the MEB3's 777s/787s are quite cramped. Once again, all dependent on the price.

waly777

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 pm

santi319 wrote:
iadadd wrote:
gardermoen wrote:

Not really though, levant people find Emiratis very condenscending people towards them.. specially Palestinians (like half of Jordan) which are treated like crap in the UAE...

Not quite sure I believe that as a resident and not sure how this affects them transiting through DXB to get to/from Jordan....price is king for most pax

jsfr

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 pm

I sitting in Amman today at a big conference - 200 people. 80 from the UK, a few are indeed flying Emirates (not enough cpacity with BA) other options are also either full or the timings don't work... Probably not that common of an occurrance though.

Clipper101

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 pm

xwb777 wrote:
... Popular cities for Jordanians in the Emirates network are: Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Sydney, New York, Los Angeles.

Above statement by EK seems misleading, taking into perspective a large Jordanian expatriate population in Dubai in particular & UAE in general, I think there is a mix up between the Jordanians originating from Amman & taking DXB as a transfer point and those Jordanian expats who are using DXB as an origin/return point for their travel arrangements.

There are lots of options from AMM besides RJ, going westward TK & LH are two popular options amongst Jordanians, going eastward there are lots of options through out the Gulf which include EK.

xwb777
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 am

Clipper101 wrote:
xwb777 wrote:
... Popular cities for Jordanians in the Emirates network are: Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Sydney, New York, Los Angeles.

Above statement by EK seems misleading, taking into perspective a large Jordanian expatriate population in Dubai in particular & UAE in general, I think there is a mix up between the Jordanians originating from Amman & taking DXB as a transfer point and those Jordanian expats who are using DXB as an origin/return point for their travel arrangements.

There are lots of options from AMM besides RJ, going westward TK & LH are two popular options amongst Jordanians, going eastward there are lots of options through out the Gulf which include EK.

The above mentioned cities are the most popular connections via Dubai. That doesn't mean Jordanians aren't travelling with carriers such as TK and LH.

Clipper101

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Out of curiosity I did an exercise for a demo reservation one way AMM -> LHR in one months time through multiple airline options (RJA, BA, AF, THY, LH, EK, QR, EY, MSR) & got some interesting ticket fare results:

1- Highest in price are RJ followed by BA, probably low fares auction is out.

2- Second lowest is LH (FRA).

3- Followed by EK (DXB), QR (DOH) & MSR (CAI), all hoover around a similar price with approx. 10 hours total travel time or more.

4- Lowest fares are found on THY (IST) and AF (CDG).

EY strangely does not show a connection possibility through AUH.

Clipper101

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 pm

Clipper101 wrote:
Out of curiosity I did an exercise for a demo reservation one way AMM -> LHR in one months time through multiple airline options (RJA, BA, AF, THY, LH, EK, QR, EY, MSR) & got some interesting ticket fare results:

3- Followed by EK (DXB), QR (DOH) & MSR (CAI), all hoover around a similar price with approx. 10 hours total travel time or more.

I continued my search through the crazy world of airline ticket reservations for one way fare to LHR on 19 Feb 19 comparing between DXB origin & AMM origin through RJA & EK to get these results:

- RJA:

Direct flight AMM -> LHR costs JOD 618

DXB -> LHR connecting through AMM with RJA (DXB-AMM-LHR) costs JOD 247

Lets see how EK compares now:

Direct flight DXB -> LHR costs JOD 640

AMM -> LHR connecting through DXB with EK (AMM-DXB-LHR) costs JOD 445

(Exchange rate I used DHM 1 = JOD 0.193)

xwb777
Topic Author

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Clipper101 wrote:
Clipper101 wrote:

I continued my search through the crazy world of airline ticket reservations for one way fare to LHR on 19 Feb 19 comparing between DXB origin & AMM origin through RJA & EK to get these results:

- RJA:

So that explains why some Jordanian travelers prefer to fly Emirates rather than RJ.

Clipper101

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:28 pm

xwb777 wrote:
Clipper101 wrote:
Clipper101 wrote:

- RJA:

So that explains why some Jordanian travelers prefer to fly Emirates rather than RJ.

'Some' does not make it necessarily a trend.

xwb777
Topic Author

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Clipper101 wrote:
xwb777 wrote:
Clipper101 wrote:

- RJA:

Yes. But that might be one of the factors.

Clipper101

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:54 pm

xwb777 wrote:
Clipper101 wrote:
xwb777 wrote:

Yes. But that might be one of the factors.

Yes, but I would not be so upbeat about it to put it in a marketing statement especially when it is both ways, what is true for AMM-DXB-LHR is same true for DXB-AMM-LHR as you can see ! As explained above AMM has plenty of options for travelers to/from Jordan to choose from, EK is one of them.

Alfiberia

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I remember well that I choose to fly EK on FRA-DXB-AMM vv. years ago. Reasons were to earn Skyward-Miles on EK, receiving an upgrade on 1 leg, the better service offered on EK (meals, entertainment system) using business lounge and even to enjoy a stopover in DXB for shopping or sometimes to stay for a meeting. Of course, there were faster options e.g. nonstop LH,RJ. But EK offered me more flexible routings in case of changes and in addition on above mentioned reasons EK was also cheaper.

Clipper101

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Alfiberia wrote:
I remember well that I choose to fly EK on FRA-DXB-AMM vv. years ago. Reasons were to earn Skyward-Miles on EK, receiving an upgrade on 1 leg, the better service offered on EK (meals, entertainment system) using business lounge and even to enjoy a stopover in DXB for shopping or sometimes to stay for a meeting. Of course, there were faster options e.g. nonstop LH,RJ. But EK offered me more flexible routings in case of changes and in addition on above mentioned reasons EK was also cheaper.

Can I humbly ask how many times did you choose to fly FRA-DXB-AMM on EK?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos