Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

enilria
Topic Author

WOW Closes All U.S. Stations Except: BOS/BWI/DTW/EWR

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:24 am

I believe that means LAX, ORD, and DFW are now officially closed. Not sure if MCO or SFO were ever officially closed, but they are gone too. YUL and YYZ will also remain, but YVR sill not start.

By summer, WOW’s only gateways in the United States will be Baltimore/Washington (BWI), Boston, Detroit and New Jersey’s Newark Liberty airport. It marks a retrenchment for the Icelandic budget carrier, which flew to more than a dozen U.S. cities as recently just mid-2018.

Also, doesn't sound like Indigo is definitely in yet.

In November, Indigo Partners – the parent company of Frontier Airlines and several other successful “ultra low-cost carriers” (ULCCs) – stepped with plans to invest in the carrier and help it remake its operation.

“That’s still very much ongoing,” Mogensen said about talks between WOW and Indigo. “I can’t really say much … other than that we are still working according to plan.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 573229002/

ytib

Re: WOW Closes All U.S. Stations Except: BOS/BWI/DTW/EWR

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:45 am

Wow!

klm617

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 am

I can't even begin to tell you how shocked I am but pleased that Detroit made the cut.

Newbiepilot

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 am

Cancelling routes like this is about the worst negative advertising possible. I wonder how good their loads will be given all the cancellations. Spending all that money on a Transatlantic trip only to risk a cancellation of service seems like it might scare people away.

klm617

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:59 am

Newbiepilot wrote:
Cancelling routes like this is about the worst negative advertising possible. I wonder how good their loads will be given all the cancellations. Spending all that money on a Transatlantic trip only to risk a cancellation of service seems like it might scare people away.

I think a lot of WOW customers book in the short term so the risk is minimal really. I think WOW appeals to the younger college crowd more than anything giving them a chance to see Europe in a very inexpensive way. I think if they were going to fold it would have happened right after Christmas because there would be no reason to operate in January or February as loads are very light then.

flyingdoc787

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:03 am

A case of too much, too soon. I wanted to try them out of ORD. I saw their plane once while I was in T5.
Can their planes make it to Asia? Maybe they can try their luck there!

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 am

Can't be shocking. We all expected a massive re-shaping of WOW. I think Indigo has big plans for WOW, but they have to get it profitable and running smoother. Its current setup had too many missed connections, no plans for missed connections, staff that had to hide as they had no answers. Indigo is going to go in and get it working smoother. They need a leaner operation to get it flowing again and work out the issues and make it profitable. Look for expansion after they figure things out.

This is good for everyone KEF was running way over capacity, WOW was a mess, and passengers were suffering. I do think they have a good thing, just need to make it work again.

BOS, BWI, DTW, EWR, YYZ, YUL are all pretty short flights to KEF and have large numbers of O&D to Europe. Seems like a good set to get things working again.

BWIAirport

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 am

They expanded way too quickly. I think on that we all agree. To me, the best option, which seems to be what they’re doing, is to back to their barebones network and grow organically.

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:44 am

klm617 wrote:
Newbiepilot wrote:

I think a lot of WOW customers book in the short term so the risk is minimal really. I think WOW appeals to the younger college crowd more than anything giving them a chance to see Europe in a very inexpensive way. I think if they were going to fold it would have happened right after Christmas because there would be no reason to operate in January or February as loads are very light then.

Actually from what I’ve seen of their boarding areas, it’s a cross-section of everybody except the clearly rich.

RWA380

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:38 am

Is this the end of the WB flying for Wow? Are they exclusively going with their A321’s? That would fit in with Indigo fleets, would it not?

303dk

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:43 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

This is good for everyone KEF was running way over capacity.

It’s a mix. O/D and North America to UK connections are just fine.

B1168

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:47 am

Wow!
I once saw their A330 in LAX. It is still astonishing to know they suffer the same as DI (Norwegian is obviously its rival for promoting long-hauls nonstop). The harsh winter is here, and hopefully, after it, we can still see the red-headed planes with historical figures at tail parking with the throughly purple plane across the Americas.

lavalampluva

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:48 am

Circling the drain.

alfa164

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:16 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
BOS, BWI, DTW, EWR, YYZ, YUL are all pretty short flights to KEF and have large numbers of O&D to Europe. Seems like a good set to get things working again.

:checkmark: DFW and LAX specifically were cancelled because their distance required wide-body aircraft; WOW is definitely returning to a schedule that can be flown with economical narrow-bodies.

LAX772LR

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:06 am

lavalampluva wrote:
Circling the drain.

Quite the opposite, I'd say they're finally starting to act like a rational airline:
established financing, fleet rationalization, and slow organic growth.

Blerg

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 am

Slightly off topic but what does this mean for FI at ORD? From what I remember they boosted frequencies in summer and even sent the B763. Could we see even more seats being added?

lavalampluva

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:49 am

LAX772LR wrote:
lavalampluva wrote:
Circling the drain.

Quite the opposite, I'd say they're finally starting to act like a rational airline:
established financing, fleet rationalization, and slow organic growth.

Well yes. They are trying to right the ship. But I feel it’s too much too late.

piedmontf284000

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:25 am

RWA380 wrote:
Is this the end of the WB flying for Wow? Are they exclusively going with their A321’s? That would fit in with Indigo fleets, would it not?

Tis. They are reducing their fleet to just 11 aircraft. All A330's are history for WW

"WOW now says it will return all four of its widebody Airbus A330s, planes that are used on some WOW flights between the US and Europe and on its just-launched service to India. And it is selling four Airbus A321s for $10 million to raise badly needed cash."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 299874002/

OMAAbound

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:38 am

What will happen to its new A330neo which, I think, is due for delivery pretty soon? Has this been cancelled?

OMAA

SCQ83

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:55 am

And other than a seasonal ARN-KEF on SAS, there is not a single new route for KEF so far planned for this year. It seems the Icelandic bubble has popped.

SRQKEF

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 am

SCQ83 wrote:
And other than a seasonal ARN-KEF on SAS, there is not a single new route for KEF so far planned for this year. It seems the Icelandic bubble has popped.

The Icelandic bubble hasn't quite popped, the growth is just halting. KEF pax numbers this year are still projected to be 100% higher than in 2014 even in a worst case scenario of a significant reduction. But yes, we won't be seeing 2018 style route additions for a while again.

a350lover

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 am

Are there any changes of the WOW European network confirmed? Having downgraded to just 11 aircraft still makes me think that they won't be flying to all the places they were last summer. Although with less frequencies in many cities. I believe they reach more cities than FI.
Last edited by a350lover on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SRQKEF

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 am

Blerg wrote:
Slightly off topic but what does this mean for FI at ORD? From what I remember they boosted frequencies in summer and even sent the B763. Could we see even more seats being added?

Icelandair had announced it's going for a double daily 752 to ORD next summer before WOW dropped the route, however I don't think that necessarily means more additions as FI's main competition from Chicago wasn't WOW to KEF but the US3 and large European airlines to mainland Europe.

SRQKEF

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:45 am

a350lover wrote:
Are there any changes of the WOW European network confirmed? Having downgraded to just 11 aircraft still makes me think that they won't be flying to all the places they were last summer. Although with less frequencies in many cities. I believe they reach more cities than FI.

FI actually has more destinations, even in 2018. However, I find it very likely that WOW will slim down the European part of its network too in the coming weeks. Expect only the core markets such as STN, AMS, CDG and CPH to remain at any meaningful frequency.

a350lover

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 am

SRQKEF wrote:
STN, AMS, CDG and CPH to remain at any meaningful frequency.

Very likely. I'd only add Berlin SXF maybe. DUB if they wanna strongly go for the purely "Atlantic crossers".

2travel2know2

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:54 am

If WW want to cut costs, wouldn't make sense for the airline to move from BOS to PVD and if it wants to remain in Chicagoland, fly to MKE?
Also, YHM would be a budget alternative for YYZ and SWF for EWR.

a350lover

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 am

2travel2know2 wrote:
If WW want to cut costs, wouldn't make sense for the airline to move from BOS to PVD and if it wants to remain in Chicagoland, fly to MKE?

I would call that second round of changes, although I am not sure in how much final saving that sort of measure ends. We keep seeing how ULCC launch flights to super-busy/expensive runways. Indigo will make the maths.

SRQKEF

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 am

a350lover wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
STN, AMS, CDG and CPH to remain at any meaningful frequency.

Very likely. I'd only add Berlin SXF maybe. DUB if they wanna strongly go for the purely "Atlantic crossers".

Yes, Berlin is a good shout. That has been one of their core markets since early on and was one of the first routes to get the A321 back when they first arrived.

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:

Maybe they could try CVG, CLE, and STL too??? Obviously they learned that the secondary airports didn't produce enough traffic and closed all of them. I don't think they need a second lesson.

DUSZRH

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Regarding Indigo, there is still a vote ongoing within the bond holders, as the terms of the bonds must be adjusted/restructured (condition of Indigo). Basically Indigo wants a debt cut.

MIflyer12

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:00 pm

enilria wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:

Maybe they could try CVG, CLE, and STL too??? Obviously they learned that the secondary airports didn't produce enough traffic and closed all of them. I don't think they need a second lesson.

Maybe you meant Akron, St Louis MidAmerica, and Gary? Tertiary airports are loser airports for long-haul travel. They aren't where people want to go. They don't have the public transport links. They don't have the full variety of services. Sure, landing and passenger fees are cheaper but lower RASM kills that.

MIflyer12

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:05 pm

klm617 wrote:
I can't even begin to tell you how shocked I am but pleased that Detroit made the cut.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Europeans don't want to come to Detroit. Delta will kill them on U.S. point of sale out of a big hub. You can't build a long-haul airline on $49 fares, even if available inventory is small.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/fl ... 570058002/ - published yesterday.

Budget carrier WOW Air has rolled out a sale offering $49 one-way tickets to Europe, a sale that also comes amid financial turbulence at the carrier.

The budget carrier already was known for rock-bottom fares across the Atlantic, but the Icelandic airline says its latest $49 offering is its lowest-ever for travel between the USA and Europe. The $49 fares are available on routes such at Pittsburgh-Frankfurt; Newark, New Jersey-Brussels; and Detroit-Dublin.

All of WOW’s flights from the USA operate to its hub near Iceland’s capital of Reykjavik, with connecting service available to other European destinations.

However, WOW’s jaw-dropping $49 offer on trans-Atlantic flights comes with the usual fine print. What’s relatively new are concerns about financial difficulty at the airline.

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:14 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
The budget carrier already was known for rock-bottom fares across the Atlantic, but the Icelandic airline says its latest $49 offering is its lowest-ever for travel between the USA and Europe. The $49 fares are available on routes such at Pittsburgh-Frankfurt; Newark, New Jersey-Brussels; and Detroit-Dublin.[/i]

I was looking at Summer and finding $500-600 RT fares which is probably where they want to be. I would also assume the $49 "to Europe" means $299 from Europe, but maybe not.

I think WOW would probably be gone already if oil had not crashed. I think people don't consider how much impact oil prices have on a long-haul ULCC .

FSDan

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:12 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Europeans don't want to come to Detroit. Delta will kill them on U.S. point of sale out of a big hub.

Except DL's probably not going to price match WW on TATL flights, leaving some low yielding passengers for WW to scoop up. DTW is probably a good pick for them since they provide a unique option in the market. It's not like EWR or BOS where you have Norwegian, Level, etc. competing for the same passengers.

2travel2know2

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 pm

enilria wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:

Maybe they could try CVG, CLE, and STL too???
With WW current narrow-body fleet, range-wise CVG and STL from KEF may present some challenges.
Obviously they learned that the secondary airports didn't produce enough traffic and closed all of them.
CVG, CLE and STL aren't secondary airports, they're those markets major/main airports.
Secondary airports seem to work well for FR and W6 and time-wise, KEF to where it flies now wouldn't classify as long-haul.
I don't think they need a second lesson.
For WW, U2, FR, W6 type airlines, many times, route-rentability is only found after the route is launched. LCC opening and closing routes is quite normal unlike US3.

spinotter

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Newbiepilot wrote:

Of course it would. I am thinking of a trip to AMS, and I would post here once I have a date, will WW be in existence in two days? Didn't Indigo turn F9 around? So maybe some hope for WW still?

Miamiairport

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Looks like the last days of Independence Air. Seems as though the ULCC model doesn't work as well on long haul flights.

FCOTSTW

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:24 pm

klm617 wrote:

A good thing that Wow Air did to DTW was to push DL to lower its transatlantic fares.

AirbusOnly

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:34 pm

All these negative Statements and fault-finder….why not thinking more positive that WOW AIR recognized their mistakes they made - late but seems not too late ? Now they are trying to consolidate their business on solid business model - so give them all the chances they Need. And I am sure they will come back! Let's talk again at the end of this year!

RJNUT

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:42 pm

I gotta say that as an enthusiast , the Iceland war last summer was great to see develop with all these different markets being added!, but all good things must end. I think there is a happy medium , just glad MCI got FI and not WW(probably wont last however)

SRQKEF

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
enilria wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:

With WW current narrow-body fleet, range-wise CVG and STL from KEF may present some challenges.
Obviously they learned that the secondary airports didn't produce enough traffic and closed all of them.
CVG, CLE and STL aren't secondary airports, they're those markets major/main airports.
Secondary airports seem to work well for FR and W6 and time-wise, KEF to where it flies now wouldn't classify as long-haul.
For WW, U2, FR, W6 type airlines, many times, route-rentability is only found after the route is launched. LCC opening and closing routes is quite normal unlike US3.

You don't get sarcasm, do you?

WOW flew all of those routes (CVG, CLE, STL) last year on A321s but cut them this fall.

Regarding airports such as SWF and PVD, there's a reason those airports are secondary. Sure, they have lower fees, but that doesn't offset having to scrape the bottom of the fare barrel to convince people to use these airports.

SRQKEF

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:11 pm

RJNUT wrote:
I gotta say that as an enthusiast , the Iceland war last summer was great to see develop with all these different markets being added!, but all good things must end. I think there is a happy medium , just glad MCI got FI and not WW(probably wont last however)

I've only heard good thing about the performance of MCI, so I'd expect it to last. FI usually doesn't start routes unless they're sure they can keep flying there (DFW is an unusual exception to that rule) and the MAX is right sized for the market. IIRC they even extended the season with additional weekly frequencies next summer.

VS4ever

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:17 pm

SRQKEF wrote:
RJNUT wrote:

I've only heard good thing about the performance of MCI, so I'd expect it to last. FI usually doesn't start routes unless they're sure they can keep flying there (DFW is an unusual exception to that rule) and the MAX is right sized for the market. IIRC they even extended the season with additional weekly frequencies next summer.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... r%20kansas

4th weekly this summer, will fly Mon, Tues, Fri and Sun

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
enilria wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:

Internationally, CVG/CLE/STL aren't even secondary airports. They have basically nothing and haven't had anything for years absent DL's CVG-CDG service and the FI service at CLE that started last year with WW. Mexico and Canada don't count. I'm sorry, but MKE is much less likely to work than STL or CVG. It's cheap as $#&&# to fly out of ORD internationally. The way alternates work is that they are less convenient, but cheaper so people put up with it. In the USA the alternates are generally not cheaper to fly from. CAK is a great example. It has NK, but enplanements have cratered since CLE got low fares and competition.

U2/FR/W6. The cost per enplanement at LHR or CDG or FRA can be $40-150 per passenger, particularly when you include the cost of slots. The cost at alternates can be $7. In the USA, the PFC is limited to $4.50. This is why the largest airports are wreckages. Even at the largest airports, if you can get gates or slots the CPE is rarely above $15 and almost never above $20. At many large airports in the USA it's $10-12. The cost to operate at a USA alternate is maybe a CPE of $3 to 6. So in most cases you are going to save $6 to 10 per passenger. LCCs have figured out that passengers will not use an alternate airport to save $6 to $10. And that's the end of that story.

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:27 pm

VS4ever wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
RJNUT wrote:

I'd only say be careful what you wish for. I think every market that WW added frequency to last year ended up being dropped in round 1 of the culling. Sometimes it's better to boost the results before putting in more seats.

pitbosflyer

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm

FSDan wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Europeans don't want to come to Detroit. Delta will kill them on U.S. point of sale out of a big hub.

Except DL's probably not going to price match WW on TATL flights, leaving some low yielding passengers for WW to scoop up. DTW is probably a good pick for them since they provide a unique option in the market. It's not like EWR or BOS where you have Norwegian, Level, etc. competing for the same passengers.

Its true in BOS DL, VS, AF, BA, IB are all charging more than Norwegian and Level on the routes they compete on. And they don't seem to have any problems making money still. Even FI is running 767s to BOS charging twice as much as WW and seem to be doing fine. Low cost TATL attracts a different type of customer that isn't traveling otherwise.

SRQKEF

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 pm

enilria wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:

I'd only say be careful what you wish for. I think every market that WW added frequency to last year ended up being dropped in round 1 of the culling. Sometimes it's better to boost the results before putting in more seats.

Well, FI is a different animal than WOW. But your point is a valid one.

However, 1x extra weekly flight on a MAX vs the 757 last year is only a net addition of around a 100 seats a week. It shouldn't be too much of a risk.

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:50 pm

SRQKEF wrote:
enilria wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

However, 1x extra weekly flight on a MAX vs the 757 last year is only a net addition of around a 100 seats a week. It shouldn't be too much of a risk.

Here were their results last year in terms of LF.

Month;Pax;Seats;LF
May;442;549;81%
Jun;1825;2379;77%
Jul;1576;2379;66%
Aug;1418;2379;60%
Sep;1494;2379;63%
Oct;37;183;20%

Source: https://www.flykci.com/newsroom/statist ... tatistics/

Seats could be off a little, but I think they are accurate. Anyway, not great. August was really bad. I don't think adding seats is a wonderful idea.

SurfandSnow

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:16 am

Airlineroute had a detailed post about WOW air operations going forward. These frequency changes are based on a comparison between what was listed in December 2018 and January 14th, 2019:

Keflavík (KEF) - Alicante (ALC) remains unchanged at 4x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Amsterdam (AMS) has been reduced from 2x daily to 1x daily frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Baltimore (BWI) remains unchanged at 7x weekly frequency, although they note that this route was served 11x weekly last summer
Keflavík (KEF) - Barcelona (BCN) remains unchanged at 4x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Berlin/Schönefeld (SXF) has been reduced from 12x weekly to 7x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Boston (BOS) remains unchanged at 7x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Brussels (BRU) has been reduced from 7x weekly to 4x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Copenhagen (CPH) has been reduced from 12x weekly to 7x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Detroit (DTW) remains unchanged at 4x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Dublin (DUB) remains unchanged at 7x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Düsseldorf (DUS) remains unchanged at 3x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Edinburgh (EDI) remains unchanged at 3x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Frankfurt (FRA) has been reduced from 12x weekly to 7x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - London/Stansted (STN) operates at 1x daily frequency, having replaced LGW service. Overall London service has been reduced from 2x daily to 1x daily frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Lyon (LYS) remains unchanged at 4x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Milan Malpensa (MXP) remains unchanged at 3x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Montréal (YUL) remains unchanged at 1x daily frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Newark (EWR) has been reduced from 2x daily to 1x daily frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) has been reduced from 2x daily to 1x daily frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Stockholm (ARN) remains unchanged at 4x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Tel Aviv (TLV) planned service resumption occurs on June 11th, 2019 with frequency reduced from 4x weekly to 3x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Tenerife South (TFS) remains unchanged at 2x weekly frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Toronto (YYZ) remains unchanged at 1x daily frequency
Keflavík (KEF) - Warsaw (WAW) remains unchanged at 2x weekly frequency

This means that no routes will operate at greater than 7x weekly frequency. This seems to be much more in line with not just the Indigo strategy but also KEF's capacity constraints. Interesting that they are still going to resume TLV.

Lapplander800

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:43 am

enilria wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
enilria wrote:

Here were their results last year in terms of LF.

Month;Pax;Seats;LF
May;442;549;81%
Jun;1825;2379;77%
Jul;1576;2379;66%
Aug;1418;2379;60%
Sep;1494;2379;63%
Oct;37;183;20%

Source: https://www.flykci.com/newsroom/statist ... tatistics/

Seats could be off a little, but I think they are accurate. Anyway, not great. August was really bad. I don't think adding seats is a wonderful idea.

Not exciting Jul/Aug LF by any means. The incentives and yields must be good enough as the LF at DFW was better for them according to dfwtower.com. FI has now dropped 2 out of the 5 knee-jerk US route announcements for S18. Hopefully they have now made their final choice on which ones they can afford to nurture to maturity.
---------------
https://www.kansascity.com/news/politic ... 16934.html

"KCI and Kansas City business organizations offered Icelandair incentives to help persuade the airline to commit to the new route. KCI agreed to waive landing and airport usage fees for two years that it otherwise charges other airlines to Icelandair. KCI will also award $250,000 to Icelandair for each of the next two years to market the route in Kansas City and to promote Kansas City in Europe.

Also, the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce and the Kansas City Area Development Council and other business organizations are providing an undisclosed amount of stop-loss funding for one year."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos