SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 5885
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Air Transat adding third frequency to YYZ-ZAG

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:16 am

TS310/311 with A332 will operate Thrusdays/Fridays between June 20th and Sept. 13th this summer or on same days and period as their new weekly service to SPU.

This is in addition to Rouge's fourth weekly service to ZAG.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ts-in-s19/
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 931
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Transat adding third frequency to YYZ-ZAG

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:39 am

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
TS310/311 with A332 will operate Thrusdays/Fridays between June 20th and Sept. 13th this summer or on same days and period as their new weekly service to SPU.

This is in addition to Rouge's fourth weekly service to ZAG.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ts-in-s19/


Might be worth an add in here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1412119&p=20990569&hilit=Toronto#p20990569
 
gilesdavies
Posts: 2324
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:51 pm

Re: Air Transat adding third frequency to YYZ-ZAG

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Impressive...

There was talk a while ago Air Transat were starting flights in Summer 2019 to the Croatia's second city Split, which is by the coast and one of the main gateways to the country's beautiful islands.

However the airport is quite small, and questions were raised if the airport could handle an A330 on a long haul flight, as it primarily serves regional flights within Europe.

Will flights between Croatia and Canada be serving mainly tourist traffic originating from Canada or Croatian's travelling to Canada? By European standards Croatia is a relatively poor country, and doubt there will be huge demand by locals to Canada.
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 2770
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Air Transat adding third frequency to YYZ-ZAG

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 pm

gilesdavies wrote:

Will flights between Croatia and Canada be serving mainly tourist traffic originating from Canada or Croatian's travelling to Canada? By European standards Croatia is a relatively poor country, and doubt there will be huge demand by locals to Canada.


You answered your own question.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
YYZLGA
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:28 am

Re: Air Transat adding third frequency to YYZ-ZAG

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:12 pm

gilesdavies wrote:
Will flights between Croatia and Canada be serving mainly tourist traffic originating from Canada or Croatian's travelling to Canada? By European standards Croatia is a relatively poor country, and doubt there will be huge demand by locals to Canada.


There's also a huge amount of VFR traffic from Croatian-Canadians travelling to Croatia.

Adding additional flights to Split would definitely make sense for TS if they can, because it's a lot closer both to the popular vacation destinations and to the hometowns of many Croatian-Canadians.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 5885
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat adding third frequency to YYZ-ZAG

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 pm

gilesdavies wrote:
There was talk a while ago Air Transat were starting flights in Summer 2019 to the Croatia's second city Split, which is by the coast and one of the main gateways to the country's beautiful islands.

However the airport is quite small, and questions were raised if the airport could handle an A330 on a long haul flight, as it primarily serves regional flights within Europe


Well, at TS they have changed their minds and decided to drop SPU and probably to concentrate on ZAG, for whatever reason.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos