BTVB6Flyer
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:26 pm

Continuing the discussion here for 2019.

F9 getting us started with TPA-RDU beginning 5/1 at 4x weekly. Not sure if this one will last, DL and WN already cover the market and the LF's on those aren't exactly good from what I have seen posted on IG from a TPA spotter.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/busin ... 14455.html

Previous Thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382817&hilit=what%27s+next+for+tpa
 
FLYKTPA
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Imo DL is fine because that route mainly caters to RDU biz travelers and keeping them happy by offering service to popular leisure destinations. Southwest provides too much capacity on the route imo but they continue to do so. I assume they are happy with it. If anything, I think this will stimulate the market and take some traffic away from G4’s PIE route.

At the end to the day I’m just happy Frontier is giving it a try. If it works it should stay and maybe go daily or they will end it.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport
 
axiom
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:01 pm

F9 isn’t shooting in the dark, nor are they shy about running if it doesn’t pan out. Not too worried about the incumbents in this case. Four carriers on the route is a lot, however. Wonder if DL ditches the seasonal mainline upgrade to manage capacity?

Small peas compared to AC’s double daily widebodies, but I was surprised to see an Air Transat A320 at TPA on Thursdays now.
 
BTVB6Flyer
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm

I agree that DL and WN are fine, but obviously isn't going to help their yield. As with all F9's routes, it's either going to stick if it does well or it's gone.

F9 still has the ATL 'ghost' bookable flight and the previous mentioned ABQ and SAT as potential future routes and of course any N-S snowbird routes served by MCO already as potential in the future.

And I saw Air Transat A320 on FlightAware, but then went to Wikipedia and didn't see they had one, is it the A321? Between them and Swoop and even WestJet, really wishing they do well and start expanding frequencies and services.
 
Aeroflot777ER
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Maybe J2 from GYD 2x using 40s? There's a huge pop of GYDs in TPA.
Last edited by Aeroflot777ER on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Aeroflot777ER
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Maybe J2 from GYD 2x using 40s? There's a huge pop of GYDs in TPA.
 
User avatar
TVNWZ
Posts: 2101
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:28 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
Imo DL is fine because that route mainly caters to RDU biz travelers and keeping them happy by offering service to popular leisure destinations. Southwest provides too much capacity on the route imo but they continue to do so. I assume they are happy with it. If anything, I think this will stimulate the market and take some traffic away from G4’s PIE route.

At the end to the day I’m just happy Frontier is giving it a try. If it works it should stay and maybe go daily or they will end it.


A trip I took in late September through RDU almost everyone was connecting. DL was pushing connection through there at very attractive prices.
 
Flyingstump
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:43 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 am

Can we change this thread title to "What's Happening in Tampa Bay 2019 (TPA, PIE)"? Route wise, both airports are experiencing significant growth in the same market, and both airports are in the process of undergoing significant infrastructure projects.

I think Allegiant has surpassed United as the region's 4th largest carrier. If we don't include PIE, understanding competition in the market (Like F9 on ORF-TPA vs G4 on ORF-PIE) won't be discussed or understood.
 
axiom
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Calendar 2018 pax numbers are in, and traffic is up 8.5% to 21,289,390, according to the TPA IG account. Great numbers!
 
BTVB6Flyer
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:41 pm

axiom wrote:
Calendar 2018 pax numbers are in, and traffic is up 8.5% to 21,289,390, according to the TPA IG account. Great numbers!


Awesome!

Can't wait to see the breakdown soon. I know it's going to be awhile, but next up 25M passengers.


Also TPA's website now has airlines flight schedules broken down by cities and frequencies and even aircraft.

http://tampaairport.com/flight-schedules
 
BTVB6Flyer
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Is this the year we finally get BOG or dark horse (MEX)?
 
deltadudejg
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:57 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
axiom wrote:
Calendar 2018 pax numbers are in, and traffic is up 8.5% to 21,289,390, according to the TPA IG account. Great numbers!


Awesome!

Can't wait to see the breakdown soon. I know it's going to be awhile, but next up 25M passengers.


Also TPA's website now has airlines flight schedules broken down by cities and frequencies and even aircraft.

http://tampaairport.com/flight-schedules


That's how they used to always post their schedules, I haven't looked at them in so long, I'm assuming they've been done differently?
Aviation Enthusiast working in Airport Operations
 
axiom
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:04 am

Yeah, they’ve been posting these schedules for years. It would be a nice feature, if they weren’t riddled with filing and coding errors. For a chuckle, look at the airline name for Norwegian or Southern Airways Express. ;-)
 
BTVB6Flyer
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Whats Next For TPA (Route Wise)? -- 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:04 am

deltadudejg wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
axiom wrote:
Calendar 2018 pax numbers are in, and traffic is up 8.5% to 21,289,390, according to the TPA IG account. Great numbers!


Awesome!

Can't wait to see the breakdown soon. I know it's going to be awhile, but next up 25M passengers.


Also TPA's website now has airlines flight schedules broken down by cities and frequencies and even aircraft.

http://tampaairport.com/flight-schedules


That's how they used to always post their schedules, I haven't looked at them in so long, I'm assuming they've been done differently?


Ahh dang, I remembered something similar, just didn't realize it was this in depth before.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos