• 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 pm

“Baseball sized hail expected”

Legit RIP AA’s aircraft these past months.
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:29 am

Star-Telegram had an article on DFW's Skylink and plans to upgrade its software:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/busi ... 25919.html

...Skylink needs a $42 million upgrade, mostly involving the train system’s computer software.

“It is a Windows 2000-based system,” Tammy Huddleston, DFW Airport vice president of energy, transportation and asset management, told the airport board during its April meeting.

She added that, after 15 years of operations, “the brains of the system, like any electronics, is approaching end-of-life.”

Skylink is on the secured side of the airport, and offers travelers a way to navigate the airport’s five passenger terminals typically with a two- to five-minute train ride — rather than a walk that could take 15 minutes or longer. Each terminal features two Skylink stations, so customers inside the airport are usually no more than a few hundred feet from the nearest platform.

The DFW Airport board last week unanimously approved three items providing a total of up to $41.8 million for Skylink.

The largest item was a $34.7 million contract with Bombardier Transportation USA of Pittsburgh to replace the automatic train control computer system. The three-year contract begins in May. The system will include a simulator that can be used to train Skylink operators for emergency scenarios.

Another item was an amendment to an existing contract with Bombardier for $4.8 million, for operations and maintenance.

A third item approved by the board was a contract with Grand Prairie-based Lee + Elliott Inc., in the amount of $2.2 million for Skylink consulting services.

The contracts with Bombardier were not competitively bid because the company is considered a “single source” supplier of the technology used in Skylink, airport officials said.

Sean Donohue, DFW Airport chief executive officer, told the airport board the nearly $42 million upgrade was critical to keep the trains running.

“Skylink is in many ways the guts of how this airport works as a connecting hub,” Donohue said.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), 739 (DL), 712 (DL)
Next: AA: DFW-PHL (752), PHL-MIA (763), MIA-LAX (77W), LAX-DFW (789)
 
Fargo
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:11 pm

Any word on when DL will add SEA from DFW?
 
User avatar
ua900
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:14 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Atlanta isn’t a star hub either, and Turkish flies there competing against the DL hub which is the world’s largest hub. Same with Lufthansa, Korean, Emirates, AM, and Avianca at DFW. Getting a little tiresome trying to explain that DFW can support more than just oneworld carriers. They have for decades. It’s the 4th largest metro in the US, and has a strong, diverse, and rapidly growing economy.


It can, and I think you'll see modest int'l growth for *A and Skyteam. AF is new in town, AV has just upgauged from E-Jets (IIRC DFW was their only US destination with E190s), and I'm sure some new WW type outfit will come along since flying int'l out of DFW is still way pricier than LAX or NYC. As someone with experience in the latter, I was surprised how diverse DFW is. It just doesn't always translate into more int'l carriers since a lot of DFW based travelers default to AA, even if they are new in town and have the disposable income thanks to the business friendly environment in Texas. Plus Texas is pretty darn big and there's lots of things to do locally, attending all these BBQs and weekend hunting at newly acquired 500 acre ranches takes away from personal weekend travel outside of Mexico, Colorado and Destin :D
2018: AMS | ARN | CDG | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUM | HAM | HKG | HNL | IAH | LAX | MIA | MUC | ORD | RSW | SAL | SFO | SIN | TLV | TXL | VIE | ZRH
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:37 pm

ua900 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
Atlanta isn’t a star hub either, and Turkish flies there competing against the DL hub which is the world’s largest hub. Same with Lufthansa, Korean, Emirates, AM, and Avianca at DFW. Getting a little tiresome trying to explain that DFW can support more than just oneworld carriers. They have for decades. It’s the 4th largest metro in the US, and has a strong, diverse, and rapidly growing economy.


It can, and I think you'll see modest int'l growth for *A and Skyteam. AF is new in town, AV has just upgauged from E-Jets (IIRC DFW was their only US destination with E190s), and I'm sure some new WW type outfit will come along since flying int'l out of DFW is still way pricier than LAX or NYC. As someone with experience in the latter, I was surprised how diverse DFW is. It just doesn't always translate into more int'l carriers since a lot of DFW based travelers default to AA, even if they are new in town and have the disposable income thanks to the business friendly environment in Texas. Plus Texas is pretty darn big and there's lots of things to do locally, attending all these BBQs and weekend hunting at newly acquired 500 acre ranches takes away from personal weekend travel outside of Mexico, Colorado and Destin :D


Didn't AV upguage because they're retiring the E190s?
 
User avatar
ua900
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:14 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:46 pm

Ishrion wrote:
ua900 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
Atlanta isn’t a star hub either, and Turkish flies there competing against the DL hub which is the world’s largest hub. Same with Lufthansa, Korean, Emirates, AM, and Avianca at DFW. Getting a little tiresome trying to explain that DFW can support more than just oneworld carriers. They have for decades. It’s the 4th largest metro in the US, and has a strong, diverse, and rapidly growing economy.


It can, and I think you'll see modest int'l growth for *A and Skyteam. AF is new in town, AV has just upgauged from E-Jets (IIRC DFW was their only US destination with E190s), and I'm sure some new WW type outfit will come along since flying int'l out of DFW is still way pricier than LAX or NYC. As someone with experience in the latter, I was surprised how diverse DFW is. It just doesn't always translate into more int'l carriers since a lot of DFW based travelers default to AA, even if they are new in town and have the disposable income thanks to the business friendly environment in Texas. Plus Texas is pretty darn big and there's lots of things to do locally, attending all these BBQs and weekend hunting at newly acquired 500 acre ranches takes away from personal weekend travel outside of Mexico, Colorado and Destin :D


Didn't AV upguage because they're retiring the E190s?


Sure, but much like when UA withdrew the sCO 752s from most TATL routes, some routes simply got axed and others got upgauged to 763/4s. The fact that AV also sends A320s to DFW suggests that they feel confident about their ability to sell up to 50% more seats on DFW-SAL, otherwise they would only send the A319s with their 120 seats.
2018: AMS | ARN | CDG | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUM | HAM | HKG | HNL | IAH | LAX | MIA | MUC | ORD | RSW | SAL | SFO | SIN | TLV | TXL | VIE | ZRH
 
Fargo
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:56 pm

ua900 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
Atlanta isn’t a star hub either, and Turkish flies there competing against the DL hub which is the world’s largest hub. Same with Lufthansa, Korean, Emirates, AM, and Avianca at DFW. Getting a little tiresome trying to explain that DFW can support more than just oneworld carriers. They have for decades. It’s the 4th largest metro in the US, and has a strong, diverse, and rapidly growing economy.


It can, and I think you'll see modest int'l growth for *A and Skyteam. AF is new in town, AV has just upgauged from E-Jets (IIRC DFW was their only US destination with E190s), and I'm sure some new WW type outfit will come along since flying int'l out of DFW is still way pricier than LAX or NYC. As someone with experience in the latter, I was surprised how diverse DFW is. It just doesn't always translate into more int'l carriers since a lot of DFW based travelers default to AA, even if they are new in town and have the disposable income thanks to the business friendly environment in Texas. Plus Texas is pretty darn big and there's lots of things to do locally, attending all these BBQs and weekend hunting at newly acquired 500 acre ranches takes away from personal weekend travel outside of Mexico, Colorado and Destin :D


I have to imagine TK and CX will be at DFW at some point.

TK serves every top metro area in the country except DFW and PHL. IST has a goal of becoming the busiest airport, so part of the process of becoming that will likely include adding major markets like DFW.

CX is a codeshare partner of AA and eventually, there will be demand for a second HKG flight. It may take a decade, but I'm confident it will happen.

Lastly, I hope AF goes year round eventually.
 
departedflights
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:38 am

Brandon757 wrote:
Has AC ever ran mainline between DFW and any of their Canadian markets?


Yes. In fact, in 1983 it was an Air Canada DC-9 en route from DFW to Toronto that had an oboard fire that killed 23 passengers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_Flight_797
 
klm617
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Fargo wrote:
ua900 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
Atlanta isn’t a star hub either, and Turkish flies there competing against the DL hub which is the world’s largest hub. Same with Lufthansa, Korean, Emirates, AM, and Avianca at DFW. Getting a little tiresome trying to explain that DFW can support more than just oneworld carriers. They have for decades. It’s the 4th largest metro in the US, and has a strong, diverse, and rapidly growing economy.


It can, and I think you'll see modest int'l growth for *A and Skyteam. AF is new in town, AV has just upgauged from E-Jets (IIRC DFW was their only US destination with E190s), and I'm sure some new WW type outfit will come along since flying int'l out of DFW is still way pricier than LAX or NYC. As someone with experience in the latter, I was surprised how diverse DFW is. It just doesn't always translate into more int'l carriers since a lot of DFW based travelers default to AA, even if they are new in town and have the disposable income thanks to the business friendly environment in Texas. Plus Texas is pretty darn big and there's lots of things to do locally, attending all these BBQs and weekend hunting at newly acquired 500 acre ranches takes away from personal weekend travel outside of Mexico, Colorado and Destin :D


I have to imagine TK and CX will be at DFW at some point.

TK serves every top metro area in the country except DFW and PHL. IST has a goal of becoming the busiest airport, so part of the process of becoming that will likely include adding major markets like DFW.

CX is a codeshare partner of AA and eventually, there will be demand for a second HKG flight. It may take a decade, but I'm confident it will happen.

Lastly, I hope AF goes year round eventually.


TK is also still not in Seattle or Detroit either and last time I checked these also are large metro areas.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
Fargo
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:02 pm

klm617 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
ua900 wrote:


It can, and I think you'll see modest int'l growth for *A and Skyteam. AF is new in town, AV has just upgauged from E-Jets (IIRC DFW was their only US destination with E190s), and I'm sure some new WW type outfit will come along since flying int'l out of DFW is still way pricier than LAX or NYC. As someone with experience in the latter, I was surprised how diverse DFW is. It just doesn't always translate into more int'l carriers since a lot of DFW based travelers default to AA, even if they are new in town and have the disposable income thanks to the business friendly environment in Texas. Plus Texas is pretty darn big and there's lots of things to do locally, attending all these BBQs and weekend hunting at newly acquired 500 acre ranches takes away from personal weekend travel outside of Mexico, Colorado and Destin :D


I have to imagine TK and CX will be at DFW at some point.

TK serves every top metro area in the country except DFW and PHL. IST has a goal of becoming the busiest airport, so part of the process of becoming that will likely include adding major markets like DFW.

CX is a codeshare partner of AA and eventually, there will be demand for a second HKG flight. It may take a decade, but I'm confident it will happen.

Lastly, I hope AF goes year round eventually.


TK is also still not in Seattle or Detroit either and last time I checked these also are large metro areas.


When I said top metro, I meant top 10. Of the top 10 metros in the US, DFW and PHL are the only ones without TK.

Yes, both SEA and DTW could potentially see TK service down the road, but not before DFW.
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Fargo wrote:
When I said top metro, I meant top 10. Of the top 10 metros in the US, DFW and PHL are the only ones without TK.

Yes, both SEA and DTW could potentially see TK service down the road, but not before DFW.

I would not be surprised if TK started up DTW before DFW considering the Middle Eastern population of Michigan.
 
Fargo
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:13 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Fargo wrote:
When I said top metro, I meant top 10. Of the top 10 metros in the US, DFW and PHL are the only ones without TK.

Yes, both SEA and DTW could potentially see TK service down the road, but not before DFW.

I would not be surprised if TK started up DTW before DFW considering the Middle Eastern population of Michigan.


Its never just about population though. DFW (as is Texas as a whole) much more economically prominent now than DTW.
 
klm617
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:37 pm

Fargo wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

I have to imagine TK and CX will be at DFW at some point.

TK serves every top metro area in the country except DFW and PHL. IST has a goal of becoming the busiest airport, so part of the process of becoming that will likely include adding major markets like DFW.

CX is a codeshare partner of AA and eventually, there will be demand for a second HKG flight. It may take a decade, but I'm confident it will happen.

Lastly, I hope AF goes year round eventually.


TK is also still not in Seattle or Detroit either and last time I checked these also are large metro areas.


When I said top metro, I meant top 10. Of the top 10 metros in the US, DFW and PHL are the only ones without TK.

Th real problem is though that DFW already has both EK and QR to cater to that segment of the customer base so while yes it is a very large Metro area it already has 2 competitors in that market already. My gut feeling is that there we be no more expansion by the ME3 or TK until there is a changing of the guard in Washington. And yes I know TK added EWR but the NYC area is already served by TK so that's not really expansion in my eyes.

Yes, both SEA and DTW could potentially see TK service down the road, but not before DFW.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:21 pm

Fargo wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Fargo wrote:
When I said top metro, I meant top 10. Of the top 10 metros in the US, DFW and PHL are the only ones without TK.

Yes, both SEA and DTW could potentially see TK service down the road, but not before DFW.

I would not be surprised if TK started up DTW before DFW considering the Middle Eastern population of Michigan.


Its never just about population though. DFW (as is Texas as a whole) much more economically prominent now than DTW.
TK being at IAH is good enough for Texas. DFW does not fly in large numbers to the Sand Pit or the Former Soviet Bloc where TK connects flyers from the US. Maybe if TK upped its Indian connections then it might work. Also, your logic being used should have had DFW before ATL which is not the case.
 
x1234
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:39 pm

Averaging 16.5 hours west-bound, AA125 (DFW-HKG) is the longest flight in AA's system. I was wondering if there were any payload restrictions on the B77W westbound. I believe the B77W can fly up to 17 hours so its at the edge of the B77W's range.
 
Brandon757
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:12 am

One would have to think LATAM will eventually fly to DFW in the future. This is one I am surprised isn't already there.
 
acavpics
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:12 am

A CX flight that departs in PM or early AM hours would be great for incoming connections. AA's current flight to HKG leaves at 10:50AM, not leaving much time for inbound connections.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:41 am

acavpics wrote:
A CX flight that departs in PM or early AM hours would be great for incoming connections. AA's current flight to HKG leaves at 10:50AM, not leaving much time for inbound connections.



AA’s Asia routes from DFW are specifically oriented to the morning times to cater towards SA connections since they arrive at like 5-7 A.M.
 
x1234
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Also the HKG flight (AA125/AA126) are optimized for connections on the HKG end onto CX's network in Southeast and South Asia.
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:10 pm

What’s more likely JAL going up to a 777 or them doing DFW-HND
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 am

Planes4you wrote:
What’s more likely JAL going up to a 777 or them doing DFW-HND


777. The HND slots they receive will probably be used to serve other cities while AA will most likely gain at least one DFW-HND slot.
 
jplatts
Topic Author
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 am

Fargo wrote:
Any word on when DL will add SEA from DFW?


While DL hasn't yet announced the return of DFW-SEA nonstop service, DL will likely bring back DFW-SEA nonstop service in the near future with SEA now being a hub for DL and with DFW being one of the top destinations traveled to from SEA that isn't currently served nonstop from SEA on DL.
 
tkoenig95
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:28 am

The satellite E terminal seems to be shaping up pretty well. Passing by today I could see they finished installation of all the jetbridges, pulling excess from terminals B and D. Busy summer ahead!
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:19 am

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
What’s more likely JAL going up to a 777 or them doing DFW-HND


777. The HND slots they receive will probably be used to serve other cities while AA will most likely gain at least one DFW-HND slot.


I hope we get it soon because I read somewhere on this site that the only reason we aren’t getting the 777 is because of the lounge size or something like that
 
Fargo
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:25 am

Since it isn’t likely DFW will go with a complete reconfiguration of the terminal complex, what are some realistic design options for Terminal F? And would C be demolished and replaced with a similar design?

Also, is there a way D and a hypothetically speaking newly rebuilt C could accommodate all international and domestic ticketing/baggage respectively? It seems if DFW could at least centralize all ticking/baggage, things could be much more efficient.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:31 am

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
What’s more likely JAL going up to a 777 or them doing DFW-HND


777. The HND slots they receive will probably be used to serve other cities while AA will most likely gain at least one DFW-HND slot.


I hope we get it soon because I read somewhere on this site that the only reason we aren’t getting the 777 is because of the lounge size or something like that


Japan Airlines doesn’t have a lounge at DFW though?... I’m pretty sure they’re just waiting to see if AA gets the HND slots. If JL doesn’t have a DFW lounge they would use AA’s lounges which I doubt will be at a straining capacity with just a 789 to 777 upgrade.
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:51 am

Does JL even have the slack in their 77W fleet to add an additional city? I could not imagine a city that gets the JL 77W today being dropped for DFW. Seems like a stretch.
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:04 am

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

777. The HND slots they receive will probably be used to serve other cities while AA will most likely gain at least one DFW-HND slot.


I hope we get it soon because I read somewhere on this site that the only reason we aren’t getting the 777 is because of the lounge size or something like that


Japan Airlines doesn’t have a lounge at DFW though?... I’m pretty sure they’re just waiting to see if AA gets the HND slots. If JL doesn’t have a DFW lounge they would use AA’s lounges which I doubt will be at a straining capacity with just a 789 to 777 upgrade.



Yeah idk but I know I saw someone mention that.They said a JAL employee told them that
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:06 am

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Does JL even have the slack in their 77W fleet to add an additional city? I could not imagine a city that gets the JL 77W today being dropped for DFW. Seems like a stretch.


They’ll probably downgrade someone to a 789 and send the 777 here
 
mfe777
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:01 am

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

777. The HND slots they receive will probably be used to serve other cities while AA will most likely gain at least one DFW-HND slot.


I hope we get it soon because I read somewhere on this site that the only reason we aren’t getting the 777 is because of the lounge size or something like that


Japan Airlines doesn’t have a lounge at DFW though?... I’m pretty sure they’re just waiting to see if AA gets the HND slots. If JL doesn’t have a DFW lounge they would use AA’s lounges which I doubt will be at a straining capacity with just a 789 to 777 upgrade.


I think what I remember hearing was that since the JL 77W has first class, they wanted appropriate lounge facilities to service the high paying JL F customers and the current AA lounges weren’t up to snuff. With the new AA lounges being completed soon at DFW, maybe that could change things.
 
stevend08
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:20 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:59 am

tkoenig95 wrote:
The satellite E terminal seems to be shaping up pretty well. Passing by today I could see they finished installation of all the jetbridges, pulling excess from terminals B and D. Busy summer ahead!


currently hearing May 3rd as the opening date!
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:10 am

jplatts wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Any word on when DL will add SEA from DFW?


While DL hasn't yet announced the return of DFW-SEA nonstop service, DL will likely bring back DFW-SEA nonstop service in the near future with SEA now being a hub for DL and with DFW being one of the top destinations traveled to from SEA that isn't currently served nonstop from SEA on DL.


I'm surprised DL hasn't already launched DFW-SEA, but between extensive AA and AS non-stops, plus 1x DFW-SEA on NK and 1x DAL-SEA, DL is going to have to make a great impression in order to cut into AA and AS share on the route. It would appear that an A220 can reach SEA from DFW non-stop since AS can run an E175 on the route on one of their flights (the rest, IINM, are 737s). If the A220 can make a good impression to DFW flyers, then maybe DL has a chance to succeed on DFW-SEA.

Regardless, I do know that it would beat the hell out of having to transfer at SLC (as I'll be doing on Saturday).
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), 739 (DL), 712 (DL)
Next: AA: DFW-PHL (752), PHL-MIA (763), MIA-LAX (77W), LAX-DFW (789)
 
Fargo
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:16 am

ctrabs0114 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Any word on when DL will add SEA from DFW?


While DL hasn't yet announced the return of DFW-SEA nonstop service, DL will likely bring back DFW-SEA nonstop service in the near future with SEA now being a hub for DL and with DFW being one of the top destinations traveled to from SEA that isn't currently served nonstop from SEA on DL.


I'm surprised DL hasn't already launched DFW-SEA, but between extensive AA and AS non-stops, plus 1x DFW-SEA on NK and 1x DAL-SEA, DL is going to have to make a great impression in order to cut into AA and AS share on the route. It would appear that an A220 can reach SEA from DFW non-stop since AS can run an E175 on the route on one of their flights (the rest, IINM, are 737s). If the A220 can make a good impression to DFW flyers, then maybe DL has a chance to succeed on DFW-SEA.

Regardless, I do know that it would beat the hell out of having to transfer at SLC (as I'll be doing on Saturday).


It’s going to happen eventually as DL will need to serve it if they want to be more competitive in SEA. I’m thinking this will be an A223 route in the future.
 
AAtakeMeAway
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:59 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:43 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
The satellite E terminal seems to be shaping up pretty well. Passing by today I could see they finished installation of all the jetbridges, pulling excess from terminals B and D. Busy summer ahead!


I also noticed the jetways from other terminals at the E satellite. How is it there were excess jetways in B and D though ??
 
tkoenig95
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:19 pm

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
The satellite E terminal seems to be shaping up pretty well. Passing by today I could see they finished installation of all the jetbridges, pulling excess from terminals B and D. Busy summer ahead!


I also noticed the jetways from other terminals at the E satellite. How is it there were excess jetways in B and D though ??

I know they are readjusting some of the gates where B and D meet to hold bigger aircraft, IIRC. That frees up some jetbridges and gives them a new life at satellite E.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Does anyone have a picture of the new E satellite terminal?
 
mcoatc
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:23 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
AAtakeMeAway wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
The satellite E terminal seems to be shaping up pretty well. Passing by today I could see they finished installation of all the jetbridges, pulling excess from terminals B and D. Busy summer ahead!


I also noticed the jetways from other terminals at the E satellite. How is it there were excess jetways in B and D though ??

I know they are readjusting some of the gates where B and D meet to hold bigger aircraft, IIRC. That frees up some jetbridges and gives them a new life at satellite E.


Well, they haven't started to reconfigure low B yet. They really can't until they take over the satellite and free up space. I believe it's about a month or so (don't quote me) between Envoy moving out and AA moving in.
Not sure where the excess gates came from, but I saw them as well when I taxied by a couple of weeks ago. I can see the B ones coming from when the B Pier was added, not so sure about D. Maybe when they added the 380 gate?
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:51 pm

If Hawaiian were to ever come here what terminal would they operate out of D or E?
 
AAtakeMeAway
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:59 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

Planes4you wrote:
If Hawaiian were to ever come here what terminal would they operate out of D or E?


I could see either way - E due to being a non-AA domestic carrier ... D due to flying widebodies
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 pm

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
If Hawaiian were to ever come here what terminal would they operate out of D or E?


I could see either way - E due to being a non-AA domestic carrier ... D due to flying widebodies


E is capable of wide bodies. A Delta 744 has parked there before.
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Ishrion wrote:
AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
If Hawaiian were to ever come here what terminal would they operate out of D or E?


I could see either way - E due to being a non-AA domestic carrier ... D due to flying widebodies


E is capable of wide bodies. A Delta 744 has parked there before.


I haven’t been to E in awhile is there enough room for 247 people?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
AAtakeMeAway wrote:

I could see either way - E due to being a non-AA domestic carrier ... D due to flying widebodies


E is capable of wide bodies. A Delta 744 has parked there before.


I haven’t been to E in awhile is there enough room for 247 people?


278 seats on a Hawaiian Air A330. I don’t see why they wouldn’t have enough space to be honest?
 
AAtakeMeAway
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:59 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Ishrion wrote:
AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
If Hawaiian were to ever come here what terminal would they operate out of D or E?


I could see either way - E due to being a non-AA domestic carrier ... D due to flying widebodies


E is capable of wide bodies. A Delta 744 has parked there before.


Well true ... MD-11 more recently ... are the gates and configuration of the gate areas the same though since the DL hub days?
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

E is capable of wide bodies. A Delta 744 has parked there before.


I haven’t been to E in awhile is there enough room for 247 people?


278 seats on a Hawaiian Air A330. I don’t see why they wouldn’t have enough space to be honest?


Idk it seems like the other terminals are cramped because when I did DFW-LAX on a 789 out of terminal B I think, when I had a 4 day it didn’t look like it had enough room for everyone
 
AAtakeMeAway
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:59 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

I haven’t been to E in awhile is there enough room for 247 people?


278 seats on a Hawaiian Air A330. I don’t see why they wouldn’t have enough space to be honest?


Idk it seems like the other terminals are cramped because when I did DFW-LAX on a 789 out of terminal B I think, when I had a 4 day it didn’t look like it had enough room for everyone


Your 789 would have been A or D, def not B.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 pm

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

278 seats on a Hawaiian Air A330. I don’t see why they wouldn’t have enough space to be honest?


Idk it seems like the other terminals are cramped because when I did DFW-LAX on a 789 out of terminal B I think, when I had a 4 day it didn’t look like it had enough room for everyone


Your 789 would have been A or D, def not B.


A 789 has definitely never parked at terminal B. It’s for regional jets and will be for some smaller AA mainline soon.
Considering AA has 772, 789, 788, and 763 flights out of A, I don’t see why an A330 wouldn’t be able to do it out of E.
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:04 am

Ishrion wrote:
AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Idk it seems like the other terminals are cramped because when I did DFW-LAX on a 789 out of terminal B I think, when I had a 4 day it didn’t look like it had enough room for everyone


Your 789 would have been A or D, def not B.


A 789 has definitely never parked at terminal B. It’s for regional jets and will be for some smaller AA mainline soon.
Considering AA has 772, 789, 788, and 763 flights out of A, I don’t see why an A330 wouldn’t be able to do it out of E.



My bad I meant terminal C
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:05 am

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

278 seats on a Hawaiian Air A330. I don’t see why they wouldn’t have enough space to be honest?


Idk it seems like the other terminals are cramped because when I did DFW-LAX on a 789 out of terminal B I think, when I had a 4 day it didn’t look like it had enough room for everyone


Your 789 would have been A or D, def not B.


Yeah my mistake I even told myself B was the regional jet terminal but I meant C
 
Planes4you
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 am

Who do you think will start DFW-DEL 1st air India or AA because DFW is still working hard to get service to DEL.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 am

Planes4you wrote:
Who do you think will start DFW-DEL 1st air India or AA because DFW is still working hard to get service to DEL.


Either one. Air India "said" they would start DFW service but never did: https://onemileatatime.com/air-india-lo ... s-flights/

AA is looking at returning to India but they never specified which city.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos