User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 3435
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:10 am

Please continue from last year's discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1383899
 
LegoAir
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:25 pm

Today, Air Astana begins to operate the E190-E2.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/p4-kha

The airline will receive another4 190E2 this year.
 
FabienA380
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 pm

When is the 195E2 planned for certification/delivery?...
 
LegoAir
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:52 pm

FabienA380 wrote:
When is the 195E2 planned for certification/delivery?...


According to Embraer:
Certification: 1S19
1st Delivery: 2S19 (Azul)

Binter (Canarias will receive it first 195E2 in 4T19.

(https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... s-e195-e2/)
 
LegoAir
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:51 pm

Embraer delivered the second E190-E2 to Air Astana: P4-KHB, s/n 20.013.
 
Palumboism
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 pm

FabienA380 wrote:
When is the 195E2 planned for certification/delivery?...


Embraer is on track to certify the E195-E2 in the first half of 2019, and deliver the first aircraft to launch operator Azul early in the second half of the year, says Slattery.


https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/embraer-eyes-campaigns-as-it-preps-for-first-e195-e2-453738/

First half of 2019, and deliver the first aircraft to launch operator Azul early in the second half of 2019.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1726
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Which airlines are due to take their E2s this year? Azul and Binter I know of, but aren't Helvetic and Air Kiribati due to take theirs as well?
A350/CSeries = bae
 
LegoAir
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:42 pm

OA940 wrote:
Which airlines are due to take their E2s this year? Azul and Binter I know of, but aren't Helvetic and Air Kiribati due to take theirs as well?


Deliveries to Helvetic and Kiribati are planned to start late this year.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 19320.html

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 68494.html
 
iceberg210
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:36 pm

https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-co ... e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:45 pm

iceberg210 wrote:
https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-components/aircraft-engines/turbine-engines-parts/news/21068836/pratt-whitney-delivers-gtf-pw1900g-production-engines-for-embraer-e195e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.

As several posters noted above, certification in first half, EIS in second half.

What we need is orders by or at Paris.

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
iceberg210
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:45 pm

lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:
https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-components/aircraft-engines/turbine-engines-parts/news/21068836/pratt-whitney-delivers-gtf-pw1900g-production-engines-for-embraer-e195e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.

As several posters noted above, certification in first half, EIS in second half.

What we need is orders by or at Paris.

Lightsaber

Yeah looks like EIS slipped a bit,
https://www.compositesworld.com/news/em ... he-e195-e2

You're absolutely right the real concern at this point is orders than a little delay. I was just trying to figure out if I was mis remembering or what lol.

Are there any update on the 175E2's production? The last thing I saw was they'd completed the first elevator, but that's the last I saw, and I'm thinking they might put it on ice till scope discussions get finished (although who knows when that'll be.
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:55 pm

iceberg210 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:
https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-components/aircraft-engines/turbine-engines-parts/news/21068836/pratt-whitney-delivers-gtf-pw1900g-production-engines-for-embraer-e195e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.

As several posters noted above, certification in first half, EIS in second half.

What we need is orders by or at Paris.

Lightsaber

Yeah looks like EIS slipped a bit,
https://www.compositesworld.com/news/em ... he-e195-e2

You're absolutely right the real concern at this point is orders than a little delay. I was just trying to figure out if I was mis remembering or what lol.

Are there any update on the 175E2's production? The last thing I saw was they'd completed the first elevator, but that's the last I saw, and I'm thinking they might put it on ice till scope discussions get finished (although who knows when that'll be.


Good catch, a small slip. I'm a bit cynical the way schedules are done today, so a sub six month slip is noise.

Embraer/Boeing need to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). They need at least on mid size (40+) order too. Preferably from an airline with a reputation for buying used examples too. (Not just DL, AA, UA, B6, QF, HA, and others are are known to buy used. ). E.g., not a ME3 or Indian carrier (but an order would still be good).

As to the E2-175, I'm a skeptical on scope expansion. I hope to be proven wrong.

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
User avatar
Pudelhund
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 pm

It's crazy to me that Embraer and apparently Mitsubishi would gamble on scope expansion instead of making a just-sized plane for the USA regional market. Will the SkyWest order end up resembling an E2-170?
 
LegoAir
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:00 am

lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Embraer/Boeing need to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). They need at least on mid size (40+) order too. Preferably from an airline with a reputation for buying used examples too. (Not just DL, AA, UA, B6, QF, HA, and others are are known to buy used. ). E.g., not a ME3 or Indian carrier (but an order would still be good).

Lightsaber


Boeing needs to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). E2 family no longer belongs to Embraer ... okay, it is 80% Boeing and 20% Embraer ... but it is Boeing who will decide everything.
 
osiris30
Posts: 2655
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:16 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 am

LegoAir wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:


Boeing needs to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). E2 family no longer belongs to Embraer ... okay, it is 80% Boeing and 20% Embraer ... but it is Boeing who will decide everything.


Nope. Afaik that deal isn't done yet due to courts and unions in Brazil and Boeing has no direct control at this time.

I may have missed something but that was the state as of two weeks ago. The deal has been announced but is not final yet. That may be hurting orders
I don't care what you think of my opinion. It's my opinion, so have a nice day :)
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Looking at Kiribati, the E2 opens up new routes:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

I know the E2 has 2,850nm, but for over water, I consider 2,200nm the range circle.
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

They could add flights to Hawaii and Australia! Flexibility is wonderful. The new, smaller, longer range aircraft will help these small Pacific airlines.

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1726
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Looking at Kiribati, the E2 opens up new routes:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

I know the E2 has 2,850nm, but for over water, I consider 2,200nm the range circle.
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

They could add flights to Hawaii and Australia! Flexibility is wonderful. The new, smaller, longer range aircraft will help these small Pacific airlines.

Lightsaber


Hope it doesn't cause a change in president :stretch:

But yeah, the E2 and A220 will certainly be game-changers for smaller markets
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:28 pm

For those who mentioned that the E2 was just a reheated version ...

Source: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... eates.html

Expert:

"COMMERCIAL AVIATION

Platform: Embraer E-Jet E2

Though it looks similar to Embraer’s original E-Jet series, the manufacturer’s E2 airliner family is substantially a new design,
with major advances in aerodynamics, propulsion, avionics, flight controls and cabin defining a new benchmark for crossover jets.
"
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:14 pm

And one more customer added to the list of future E2 operators.

Most likely the E195-E2 model is expected to garner most of the sales of the new family compared to the E190-E2 model.

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 2s-457192/

Excerpt:

"Nigerian carrier Air Peace has firmed an order for up to 30 Embraer 195-E2 regional jets,
unveiling the agreement at an African airline seminar organised by the airframer in Mauritius.

Ten aircraft are under firm contract and the agreement includes purchase rights for another 20."


Image
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:15 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
And one more customer added to the list of future E2 operators.

Most likely the E195-E2 model is expected to garner most of the sales of the new family compared to the E190-E2 model.

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 2s-457192/

Excerpt:

"Nigerian carrier Air Peace has firmed an order for up to 30 Embraer 195-E2 regional jets,
unveiling the agreement at an African airline seminar organised by the airframer in Mauritius.

Ten aircraft are under firm contract and the agreement includes purchase rights for another 20."


Image

Ten firm is nice.

Boeing/Embraer need to sell another 90 by or at Paris. Aircraft require volume for economics and leasing.

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:42 am

Seing as this issue has become relevant thanks to the 737MAX: Does the Embraer E2 require simulator training for crew qualified on the EJet Classic? Or is it just half an hour on the iPad or similar?
First to fly the 787-9
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:30 pm

zkojq wrote:
Seing as this issue has become relevant thanks to the 737MAX: Does the Embraer E2 require simulator training for crew qualified on the EJet Classic? Or is it just half an hour on the iPad or similar?


Source: https://airwaysmag.com/industry/embraer ... t-program/
Excerpt:

"One development within this is the commonality between the E1 and the E2.
It only takes 2.5 days for an E1 validated pilot to transition onto the E2, which will save costs in pilot training."
 
texl1649
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:38 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:11 pm

So, more than a 45 minute Ipad course. I like the name of this new airline, good livery too.

I suspect many announcements/orders are going to happen for this model/line over the next year. And it remains possible to stretch the E195E2 2 or 3 meters while still staying about 6 tons lighter than the Max7. The turn times would of course be an issue, but not for perhaps the short hop airlines that might use/order it more (more carry-on usage).

WN has ruled out the C-series/220 but in partnership with Boeing (and if Pratt is on the NMA), I could see a shift here possibly. Much of this future guesswork, I think, would revolve around Boeing discussions with the US4, and their unions, ultimately; something would leak if it really does get serious.

Older thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1410405
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:58 am

EMBSPBR wrote:
Source: https://airwaysmag.com/industry/embraer ... t-program/
Excerpt:

"One development within this is the commonality between the E1 and the E2.
It only takes 2.5 days for an E1 validated pilot to transition onto the E2, which will save costs in pilot training."


Thanks. That seems very reasonable.
First to fly the 787-9
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1726
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:06 pm

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... on-457488/

Certification for the E195-E2 by Brazilian, American and European authorities. Glad to see the project moving along!
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Great achievement for the EJets E2 program !!!
Congratulations to all involved ...

Image

Source:https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1206560-embraer-e195-e2-granted-certification-by-anac-faa-and-easa

Embraer E195-E2 Granted Certification by ANAC, FAA and EASA

Excerpts:


"Just like the E190-E2, we once again obtained type certification simultaneously from three major world regulatory authorities,” said Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva, Embraer President & CEO.
“This is another great achievement from our engineering and program teams.
They’ve built, and now have certification for, the most efficient single-aisle jet on the market.
And they’ve done it again right on schedule and exceeding specification.”

“Our flight tests confirmed that the aircraft is better than its original specification.
Fuel consumption is 1.4% lower than expected - that’s 25.4% less fuel per seat compared to the current-generation E195.
Maintenance costs are 20% lower,” said John Slattery, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation.
“There’s no question that airlines are going to love this airplane’s economics.
The E195-E2 is the ideal aircraft for growing regional business and complementing existing low-cost and mainline fleets.”
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Great achievement for the EJets E2 program !!!
Congratulations to all involved ...

Image

Source:https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1206560-embraer-e195-e2-granted-certification-by-anac-faa-and-easa

Embraer E195-E2 Granted Certification by ANAC, FAA and EASA

Excerpts:


"Just like the E190-E2, we once again obtained type certification simultaneously from three major world regulatory authorities,” said Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva, Embraer President & CEO.
“This is another great achievement from our engineering and program teams.
They’ve built, and now have certification for, the most efficient single-aisle jet on the market.
And they’ve done it again right on schedule and exceeding specification.”

“Our flight tests confirmed that the aircraft is better than its original specification.
Fuel consumption is 1.4% lower than expected - that’s 25.4% less fuel per seat compared to the current-generation E195.
Maintenance costs are 20% lower,” said John Slattery, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation.
“There’s no question that airlines are going to love this airplane’s economics.
The E195-E2 is the ideal aircraft for growing regional business and complementing existing low-cost and mainline fleets.”

Great news.
I look forward to sales this year.

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 am

lightsaber wrote:
Great news.
I look forward to sales this year.

Lightsaber


Hope for that. We have a winner here ...

Highlights from the ceremony of yesterday that I took note:

E195-E2 performance improvements:

The performance targets of the E195-E2 should be similar to those of the E195, but with more payload (adding 12 passengers).
The results, however, show significant improvements in many respects.

- Range - The maximum range is 2,600 nautical miles with total passenger load, 600 nautical miles more than E195-E1;

- Restricted Airports - The E195-E2 will be able to serve more markets that have airports with operating restrictions. From Denver (DEN), the aircraft's range is 900 nautical miles longer than that of the E195-E1. From Santos Dumont Airport (SDU), in Rio de Janeiro, the gain is more than 500 nautical miles;

- Takeoff Area Length - At the maximum takeoff weight (MTOW), the E195-E2 requires only 1,800m / 5,905ft, while the E195-E1 needs 2,180m / 7,150ft;

The in-flight tests have confirmed that the aircraft is even better than the original specification. Fuel consumption is 1.4% lower than expected, reaching 25.4% savings per seat compared to the first generation E195-E1. The maintenance costs will be 20% lower.

Embraer used two prototypes of the aircraft during the E195-E2 certification campaign - one for aerodynamic and performance testing and another for validating interior and maintenance tasks.

And, according to Mr. John Slattery, CEO of the Embraer Commercial Aircraft Division:

“There are campaigns that are in full steam,” he says. “I would be disappointed if this year we aren’t identifying marque carriers on the E195-E2.”

Asked about potential sales to North American airlines, he adds: “I would see no reason American, Delta, United, Southwest and all the larger airlines in North American wouldn’t look at this aircraft”.

As a note aside, the first E195-E2, already in the assembly line, will enter service in the second half of 2019 with Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras SA.
Binter Canarias, from Spain, will also receive its first E195-E2 in 2019.
 
texl1649
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:38 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Really hope the US4 can figure out a way to fit this into their labor insanity. It would be great to be more comfortable/affordable on shorter hops/low volume routes, like the rest of the world.
 
LegoAir
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Congrats!!! Great news!

Embraer has done an amazing job with the E2 family. On time, on budget and better than spec!

Lego

ps: first time in many years that a Boeing aircraft is certified on time ;)
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:

And, according to Mr. John Slattery, CEO of the Embraer Commercial Aircraft Division:

“There are campaigns that are in full steam,” he says. “I would be disappointed if this year we aren’t identifying marque carriers on the E195-E2.”

Asked about potential sales to North American airlines, he adds: “I would see no reason American, Delta, United, Southwest and all the larger airlines in North American wouldn’t look at this aircraft”.

Sounds good. Now get them to sign. Airbus will counteroffer the A220.

Embraer needs two US or EU large marque opperators. By large, I mean a combined order over 200 (It could be 3+ name brand opperators). E.g., DL and LH group helped the A220, but it took JetBlue to get analysts comfortable; if Airbus sells less than a hundred net in 2019, doubts will grow at customers. Embraer needs to get total E2-190/195 sales over 400 to have breathing room and increase production enough to have economies of scale.

Note:. Due to the US scope clauses, I consider there to be no viable order of the E2-175 currently.

I'm a Pratt fan. I want Pratt powered aircraft to sell. By this Summer's airshow end, Embraer either has marque orders or the discounting will have to be painful.

Oh, DL is the most likely US carrier. I could see a split fleet to pressure both vendors.

Last I heard Spirit was also shopping this size class. I take nothing from the wording (they are not first mention marque), I would count an order from them toward the 400 for sure (or hundred toward A220).

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Late addition:. Southwest needs a new pilot contract prior to ordering the E2. Has the maintenance software been updated enough to take on a second type? Some airlines efficiently take on new types. Southwest is so focused on opperating one type efficiently that, my opinion, it costs them more to opperate a 2nd type. That whole core strengths and core regidities thing...

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
SEU
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:29 pm

I actually forgot about this plane. Have any other airlines taken delivery other than Wideroe?
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1513
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm

SEU wrote:
I actually forgot about this plane. Have any other airlines taken delivery other than Wideroe?


You forgot? Ssshhh, be quiet! :shhh: EMBSPBR will have a heart attack upon hearing that!
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Aircellist wrote:
SEU wrote:
I actually forgot about this plane. Have any other airlines taken delivery other than Wideroe?


You forgot? Ssshhh, be quiet! :shhh: EMBSPBR will have a heart attack upon hearing that!

The pace of delivery is too slow for production economy of scale or to really pay attention:

https://airlinerwatch.com/air-astana-ta ... r-e190-e2/

Only two operators. Winderoe and Air Astana. Both tiny countries. Dare I admit I had to search for where Kazakh is?

The first marque operator will be Azul. Embraer/Boeing need a minimum of 3 more marque operators or selling will be tough. As I noted before, either sales break 400 (excluding E2-175 for now due to scope) or a good concept has a tough time.

Making 100 per year is now survival from a manufacturing economy of scale perspective. OK, widebodies make normal profits at that low of production. The era of boutique aircraft had been over for 15+ years.

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
CRJ900
Posts: 2336
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:10 pm

[quote="EMBSPBR"]

- Range - The maximum range is 2,600 nautical miles with total passenger load, 600 nautical miles more than E195-E1;

Does that mean 2,600 nm range with 146 pax and their bags? If so, that's impressive - though those 146 seats are all spaced at 28 inches, according to Embraer's own seatmap. But it might make it more tempting for low-cost carriers.
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me
 
iceberg210
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:19 pm

So now that the 195E2 is certified has anyone heard anything on the 175E2? Last I heard was the news on the 'first metal' cutting, but nothing since then. Last I heard was roll out in 2019 and certification 2021, has that all been mouthballed as I'd assume we'd be hearing some news on it if those were still the dates.
https://twitter.com/embraer/status/1030504128273739777
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity
 
User avatar
hilram
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 am

Wikipedia: "The E195-E2 (EMB 190-400) will be extended by three seat rows from the E195 by 2.85 m (9.4 ft), and will accommodate up to 146 seats."
Sounds like an ideal 737-700 replacement to me. 146 seats = 3 cabin crew, very similar to 73G capacity. SAS has their "all-Y" 737-700s configured with 141 seats. So they could even take out one row for extra legroom, and still have better capacity.

I wonder what the trip cost OSL-TOS would be for the E195-E2 vs 737G.

One thing is for sure, when SK phases out the 737s, there will be quite a step in capacity between the Bombardier CRJ-900 (90 Y) and A320neo (180 Y).
I think the E195-E2 would be ideal for SK.
Flown on: A319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343 | B732, 734, 735, 736, 73G, 738, 743, 744, 772, 77W | BAe-146 | DHC-6, 7, 8 | F50 | E195 | MD DC-9 41, MD-82, MD-87
 
mxaxai
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Fri May 03, 2019 8:45 am

hilram wrote:
One thing is for sure, when SK phases out the 737s, there will be quite a step in capacity between the Bombardier CRJ-900 (90 Y) and A320neo (180 Y).
I think the E195-E2 would be ideal for SK.

Depending on SAS' scope clauses they could get some E2-175 too and replace the CR9.
 
EduardoL
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 8:21 pm

 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 pm

EduardoL wrote:


First of 57 E195-E2 ordered to be delivered from September 2019.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 pm

First pics ... first E195-E2 Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras SA

Image

Image
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9527
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Mon May 13, 2019 7:13 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
First pics ... first E195-E2 Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras SA



How can it be "first pics" when you just quoted them in the previous reply which, in turn, was previously posted??
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...

Image
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

texl1649 wrote:
Really hope the US4 can figure out a way to fit this into their labor insanity. It would be great to be more comfortable/affordable on shorter hops/low volume routes, like the rest of the world.


They could also take the biz class section to 16 with the new seat at 2x2. The pitch is bigger with a range of 38 to 42”. You’d get 16 in biz, plus 16 in premium Econ and 44 Econ. 76 seats for scope clause. Problem is the biz class will be better than most domestic biz seats...
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
sirtoby
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:56 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...


Wasn't first flight planned for late 2019 before? Does that mean a delay for EIS into 2022 then?
 
impilot
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 pm

DL717 wrote:
texl1649 wrote:
Really hope the US4 can figure out a way to fit this into their labor insanity. It would be great to be more comfortable/affordable on shorter hops/low volume routes, like the rest of the world.


They could also take the biz class section to 16 with the new seat at 2x2. The pitch is bigger with a range of 38 to 42”. You’d get 16 in biz, plus 16 in premium Econ and 44 Econ. 76 seats for scope clause. Problem is the biz class will be better than most domestic biz seats...


Nope. Scope includes weight limits also which is the limiting factor with the E2. Put her on a diet and she can fit. But that ain’t happening, hence the delays. Banking on scope gives (which won’t happen).

Easy solution though: don’t paint eagle/connection/express on the side and US3 can take as many as they want.
 
iceberg210
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 2:48 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...

Image

Huh hadn't seen that picture, last I had heard on it was over a year ago with 'metal cut for horizontal stabilizer'. Any news on rollout? I'm guessing Q3 or 4 if first flight is early 2020.
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 4:18 pm

sirtoby wrote:
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...


Wasn't first flight planned for late 2019 before? Does that mean a delay for EIS into 2022 then?



Source:https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-12-02/embraer-delays-e175-e2-entry-service-year

Excerpt:

"Embraer has moved back its schedule for entry into service of the new E175-E2 by about a year, from 2020 to 2021, due in part to the failure of U.S. major airlines to negotiate relaxed scope clauses with their pilots. The pilot contracts of all three of the airlines—United, American and Delta—stipulate a limit on maximum takeoff weight of airplanes flying at their regional affiliates. Although the current 76-seat E175 fits within those limits, the heavier E175-E2 does not, nor does the competing Mitsubishi MRJ-90."
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9527
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 4:56 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
sirtoby wrote:
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...


Wasn't first flight planned for late 2019 before? Does that mean a delay for EIS into 2022 then?



Source:https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-12-02/embraer-delays-e175-e2-entry-service-year

Excerpt:

"Embraer has moved back its schedule for entry into service of the new E175-E2 by about a year, from 2020 to 2021, due in part to the failure of U.S. major airlines to negotiate relaxed scope clauses with their pilots. The pilot contracts of all three of the airlines—United, American and Delta—stipulate a limit on maximum takeoff weight of airplanes flying at their regional affiliates. Although the current 76-seat E175 fits within those limits, the heavier E175-E2 does not, nor does the competing Mitsubishi MRJ-90."


Clearly Embraer believes that the E175-E2 will be marketable outside the US or they wouldn't move forward with it. It'll be interesting to see how many non-US sales ultimately develop for it. Hopefully plenty.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos