SgtBarone

Re: Cleveland Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 4:06 pm

I would also recommend Wow Bao for lunch or dinner. The steamed buns are excellent.
AGP ATL BCN BNA BOS CLE CLT DCA DEN FLG FLL FRA IAD IAH JAX LAX LGB MAD MCI MDW MKE MUC PHX RDU RSW SEA SJU SLC SNA TPA

plinth857

Wed May 08, 2019 4:23 pm

SgtBarone wrote:
I would also recommend Wow Bao for lunch or dinner. The steamed buns are excellent.

I'll second this. Plus, there are some nice vegetarian options there as well.

masseybrown

Wed May 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Trk1 wrote:
How to pay for airport parking seems to be very low on the priority list. Take the Rapid and you do not even need to pay to park up to 5 days

Where I live, the trade off is three days. 3 or less = parking. 4 or more = Uber.

CLEguy

Wed May 08, 2019 6:09 pm

greenair727 wrote:
^Does RTA charge you to park if its more than 5 days?

There is no charge at any RTA park & ride lot but their website seems to suggest people limit parking to 3 (Blue & Green Lines) or 5 (Red Line) days. http://www.riderta.com/parking

They also recommend the following:

"RTA offers free parking at many Rapid stations, as well as free overnight parking (also called long-term parking) at these stations:

For your safety
    At each station, use the designated area for overnight parking. Observe all posted signs.
    If you leave your vehicle overnight for any reason, call Transit Police 24/7 at 216-566-5163.
    Parking is intended for RTA customers only. Transit Police patrol the stations and enforce these rules.
    If you see anything suspicious, call Transit Police, 216-566-5163, or use CloseWatch.
    "Keep your junk in your trunk" and out of sight of passers-by.
"

greenair727

Wed May 08, 2019 7:13 pm

^If you want to park your car here overnight, call the police..... hmmmm...that certainly doesn't feel very comfortable!

greenair727

Thu May 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Looks like the TSA has concluded the clowns running Hopkins are not criminal---just painfully incompetent:

"....Another memo shows, two years ago, the Transportation Security Administration offered to help Cleveland take steps to protect Hopkins from, "Vehicles being utilized as weapons.” But the TSA wrote, the agency, “Received no request in response to our letter dated June 23, 2017.”

Records indicate the TSA decided not to punish Hopkins for what happened in February or how it was handled. Instead, the agency is now “counseling” the city as it works on ways to prevent anything like this from happening again...."

https://fox8.com/2019/05/08/internal-do ... unnoticed/

plinth857

Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 pm

greenair727 wrote:
^If you want to park your car here overnight, call the police..... hmmmm...that certainly doesn't feel very comfortable!

I used to park at Brookpark station all the time... big proponent of the transit system. However, my car was broken into once and that wiped out all the savings I had achieved over the past year and a half and then some by having to pay the deductible. There was nothing of value for anyone to take either. It's a shame; I always thought it was a great option for saving money.

greenair727

Fri May 10, 2019 1:41 pm

I don't like this policy: "At each station, use the designated area for overnight parking." as that just tells the world you don't plan to come back to your vehicle anytime soon---so you are marking it a target for a break in (or theft). Its like a city telling its residents, 'if you're going on vacation for more than three days, put this bright orange thing on your door, so we'll know to patrol the area to keep an eye on things.'

masseybrown

Mon May 13, 2019 4:47 am

"Chief executive Willie Walsh has said his IAG board heard a strong case this week from Aer Lingus bosses for further expansion out of Ireland across the Atlantic."

https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/ia ... 23424.html

No specifics, but the decision on Aer Lingus TATL expansion appears to be at the IAG level.

Geowizical

Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 am

^Some thoughts I had:

It seems that IAG finds Aer Lingus performing much better than expected and also sees Dublin as a potential new hub for transatlantic traffic, possibly one that may be better suited to handling routes to midsize U.S. cities than LHR (it doesn't really have the space to do so).

The only unfortunate information from the article (if you can even call it that) was that they've identified 2021 as the earliest for starting new transatlantic routes. Hopefully they can start something new in 2020 instead.

Nonetheless, at least they've made a strong case to the top. Let's just hope we're part of it...

Also, here's this: https://www.independent.ie/business/iri ... 00959.html

flyPIT

Mon May 13, 2019 11:07 am

masseybrown wrote:
No specifics, but the decision on Aer Lingus TATL expansion appears to be at the IAG level.

I would think that was the case since the day EI was acquired...
FLYi

masseybrown

Mon May 13, 2019 1:51 pm

flyPIT wrote:
masseybrown wrote:

I would think that was the case since the day EI was acquired...

Unquestionably. Just pointing out where the ball lies at the moment.

CLEguy

Fri May 17, 2019 12:46 am

Looks like they are getting closer to signing a deal for the new master plan. It can't come soon enough!

https://www.ideastream.org/news/clevela ... rts-future

Robert1010

Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm

CLEguy wrote:
Looks like they are getting closer to signing a deal for the new master plan. It can't come soon enough!

Hope they stop trying to put a bandaid on this place , it’s almost 2020 and we still have a 1950s/60s facility

masseybrown

Fri May 17, 2019 2:12 pm

CLEguy wrote:

Interesting and encouraging comment by Kennedy - I wish I knew more precisely what he meant by "We are exceeding the national average in seats ... People [the airlines] are trying to figure out what's going on in Cleveland."

My take has been that, although the regional population continues to decline by very small numbers, the demographic churn within that nearly static number is producing more jobs and higher wages which means more disposable income some of which people are spending on travel. The lag in government reporting means reported numbers fail to reflect the current reality of Cleveland's economy.

masseybrown

Fri May 17, 2019 2:37 pm

masseybrown wrote:
UA having second thought about its future in CLE?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 30123.html

The newly released DoT Feb numbers show UA has bulked up *mainline* ops a bit at CLE:

month-year / boardings / flights / CLE LF / system LF

Feb 18 42,618 pax 349 flights 84.07% 82.27%
Feb 19 60,636 pax 495 flights 79.74% 81.67%

An additional 5 departures daily produced a 42% increase in pax with a bit of LF decline.

ncflyer

Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I have a feeling that CLE pax growth, along with many other cities in the region, is plateauing, but I hope I’m wrong.

I’m beating a dead horse but I can’t get over the fact that Kennedy has to go before Cleveland city council over this. The money was already approved for the master plan, and furthermore these are elected politicians whose expertise ought to lie with fixing potholes and reducing crime, not running major airports.

avtcle

Sat May 18, 2019 1:00 am

ncflyer wrote:
I have a feeling that CLE pax growth, along with many other cities in the region, is plateauing, but I hope I’m wrong.

I’m beating a dead horse but I can’t get over the fact that Kennedy has to go before Cleveland city council over this. The money was already approved for the master plan, and furthermore these are elected politicians whose expertise ought to lie with fixing potholes and reducing crime, not running major airports.

I wouldn’t say so. Close to 3% growth through Feb. 2019, which is good for the slow winter months. I’d expect to see somewhere around a 4-5% increase this year because—

United upgrades:
-DEN service is now 100% mainline
-LAX is 2x daily year-round and 3x daily beginning in July
-SFO is 2x daily year-round
-FLL, RSW & MCO frequency increases
-New TPA service that ran through March and April

Frontier upgrades:
-New service to CHS, SFO, PUJ, PBI & SRQ
-Frequency upgrades to AUS, MSP, RDU, TPA & MCO
-Most routes operating w/ A321 aircraft

Allegiant upgrades:
-New service to CHS, ORF, SRQ & BNA
-SAV service is daily beginning in June

Delta upgrades:
-New service to BOS

ncflyer

Sat May 18, 2019 2:12 am

You gotta list the cuts to to make your picture complete. No more KEF, PDX, BOS on UA. UA drops one to LGA. UA has trimmed LAX probably due to Max fall out so only 1x in May and 2x In June. It’s possible your overall growth prediction is correct but there’s more to the story on flight changes.

avtcle

Sat May 18, 2019 3:29 am

ncflyer wrote:
You gotta list the cuts to to make your picture complete. No more KEF, PDX, BOS on UA. UA drops one to LGA. UA has trimmed LAX probably due to Max fall out so only 1x in May and 2x In June. It’s possible your overall growth prediction is correct but there’s more to the story on flight changes.

The only reason I don’t see those flight cuts as a major factor is because the flight additions far outweigh the flight decreases. Passengers who want to fly to PDX or to somewhere in Europe are still going to fly out of Cleveland, but they’ll have to connect elsewhere — and since UA has dropped Boston, Cleveland has MORE seats to the city, since Delta is sending 3 daily CRJ-9s as opposed to United’s E145s. As for LGA, that market is so over saturated that small changes like that won’t have any effect.

swacle

Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 am

I have been hearing some grumblings about a new airport hotel for CLE. Anyone else hear anything about it? I dont have a link or any info other than people talking around here but I have heard it now from 2 unrelated sources.

Edit: I am hearing it will be attached to the terminal. If true it would have to include the removal of D I would think?
Aircraft Flown: SF3 DH8 DH4 328 ERJ CRJ CR7 CR9 E70 E75 D9S M80 712 72S 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 752 318 319 32

greenair727

Mon May 20, 2019 12:38 pm

A hotel attached to the terminal somehow is nice, but given the limited space at Hopkins, it would really unwise to take up precious airfield space with a hotel. I could see a poorly qualified airport master planner coming up with this idea, but I doubt any major plans will surface now until the new master plan is complete, unless Sheraton itself wants to do something. D, or some form of it, can--and should be--reused as a terminal when the time is right. Also, if the hotel were at D--does that mean it would be only for security-cleared passengers?

fun2fly

Mon May 20, 2019 12:42 pm

The prior master plan had the hotel between the arrival/departure area and the parking garage probably connecting right about the area that the old offsite shuttles were. That could still work and not screw up too much. Would that mean the end of the Sheraton?

ncflyer

Mon May 20, 2019 1:18 pm

so first of all something badly needs to be done. Clevelanders— pretend you are driving up to the airport for the first time ever as an out of town we next time you go to the airport. The aesthetic is horrible— that includes the dated Sheraton and even the condition of the roads. Even worse from Snow Road parking lots. Lousy first impression from before you even get inside the building.

But wouldn’t it be so much wiser to wait. If a master plan is going to think big then all option should be on the table.

fun2fly

Mon May 20, 2019 1:25 pm

Could be wise to wait from many aspects, but there are a few things that could be done in advance. For example, if constructing the hotel between the parking garage and the terminal allowed the City to then proceed with putting up a large garage on the site of the former garage and the Sheraton, that could be a nice work ahead project that will setup the future plan in action. Might also free up space to access the work site and free up space to "work" with the construction equipment, materials, etc. that could be staged in the areas freed up.

With that in mind, I doubt that anyone has the foresight to do this "pre-construction" construction.

greenair727

Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm

^Other cities think big with beautiful new airports and projects. Cleveland is the opposite, thinking how to make things smaller, worse, and planned for smaller and smaller amounts of people. If Hopkins wasn't required to do a master plan (by the FAA), do you really think they would do one? Hell no. They would just let things continue as they are... Even when they do complete a master plan, nothing happens.

highflier92660

Mon May 20, 2019 1:51 pm

A 2011 artist's depiction of a new Cleveland Hopkins hotel, looking like a scaled-down version of the Hilton O'Hare both in architectural rendering and proximity to the terminal.

The current airport hotel has been at the present location since the early 1960s and enlarged in phases. As one who has stayed there for many a night on the 9th floor, the best that can be said of the Sheraton is that it's a cut-above a budget motel: For an airport view ask for the odd-numbered rooms. If one desires more opulence or to enjoy a blast from the past, perhaps the new TWA hotel at JFK is more to your liking. With Cleveland's propensity to kick-the-can indefinitely I fear the Sheraton will be around much longer.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/04 ... one_o.html

ncflyer

Mon May 20, 2019 2:04 pm

You’re right Greenair. What’s so frustrating is NEO is making such great progress elsewhere. For instance I was on a brand new stretch of the towpath north of steelyards common this weekend— Fantastic!!

Anyone care to place a wager: which comes first. Indians World Series win or concourse D being dealt with— either wrecked down or repurposed?

greenair727 wrote:
^Other cities think big with beautiful new airports and projects. Cleveland is the opposite, thinking how to make things smaller, worse, and planned for smaller and smaller amounts of people. If Hopkins wasn't required to do a master plan (by the FAA), do you really think they would do one? Hell no. They would just let things continue as they are... Even when they do complete a master plan, nothing happens.

highflier92660

Mon May 20, 2019 2:30 pm

ncflyer wrote:
so first of all something badly needs to be done. Clevelanders— pretend you are driving up to the airport for the first time ever as an out of town we next time you go to the airport. The aesthetic is horrible— that includes the dated Sheraton and even the condition of the roads. Even worse from Snow Road parking lots. Lousy first impression from before you even get inside the building.

But wouldn’t it be so much wiser to wait. If a master plan is going to think big then all option should be on the table.

I wish there were a groundswell of support from the local corporate community to echo your sentiment. Clearly there is no will at Cleveland city hall to invest any meaningful dollars into improving either the terminal or surrounding infrastructure and the reasons are obvious. Cleveland "Big City" politics since the time of Carl Stokes has always been mired in a quagmire of issues which have placed Hopkins airport on the back-burner. Airport imporvements have been far and few. In the mid-seventies, Dennis Kucinich's first wife held a ribbon-cutting for a moving walkway to the parking garages and they treated it as if it were a groundbraking for a new intercontinental airport.

Ncflyer: I've read your posts to articles in the PD. Apparently Susan Glaser disaproved of my critique of Cleveland politicians and deleted my posts.
Last edited by highflier92660 on Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenair727

Mon May 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Is there a copy of the final 2011 master plan anywhere online?

greenair727

Mon May 20, 2019 2:37 pm

highflier92660 wrote:
Ncflyer: I've read your posts to articles in the PD. Apparently Susan Glaser disaproved of my critique of Cleveland politicians and deleted my posts.

Whoa---that's big news. The media should not be silencing critics of inaction or incompetence that lead to further diminishing of our city while competing cities prosper at CLE's expense. Hopefully you still have your comments you added---take the story to Scene Magazine. A lot of people complain about Scene, but in CLE we really need them to keep the all-too-powerful-yet-weak-in-and-of-itself PD in check.

ncflyer

Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 pm

This is a way digression but the PD deleted comments all the time. For instance if they contain profanity. It’s within their rights as its private property and I’m sure there’s a lot of Grey area. Anyone who quibbles with this— see FB, they have a huge problem obviously with people posting whatever they want. Of course I’ve not seen highfliers post though.

Back to airport. I love the expression “nose blind”. Your around a bad smell for a while so eventually you stop noticing it. Cleveland leaders are “airport blind.” Making matters worse, I’ll bet that many haven’t even seen places like IND or DTw or RDU to help cure their blindness.

That’s my assessment.

chrisjake

Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 pm

greenair727 wrote:
highflier92660 wrote:

Whoa---that's big news.

That's big news? Cleveland.com has been doing that for years. I've had dozens of comments that criticized city hall deleted. Nothing new there.

Trk1

Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm

While Hopkins improvements are needed, I doubt that one new passenger will come due to a terminal redo. People travel because they need to not because of the facility. LGA has been proof of that over the years. Cle will have improvements but they will not change passenger levels. The economy will have more to do with totals than anything else.

masseybrown

Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm

highflier92660 wrote:

My understanding of cleveland.com "censorship" is that it's very democratic. If the post gets some magic number of negative clicks, it's automatically deleted.

On the subject of the Sheraton, I'm betting on a massive rehab and update, such that it will immediately improve and expand the hotel and perhaps add parking without limiting master plan options for the terminal. The hotel has needed a refresh for a while and it can probably be privately financed right now - not three to five years from now, when the terminal project may get underway.

ncflyer

Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Agree and that makes it a hard selling point. Butthe intangible is that airports represent the region in the same way magnificent trains stations did in European cities 100 years ago. Airports are the front door to many.

One area where Facility might matter is international. The customs situation and the general vibe of the airport has to weigh when CLE is competing against nicer airports for international service. Do I have proof, no. Do I personally make judgments of where to do business by the facility— absolutely.

Trk1 wrote:
While Hopkins improvements are needed, I doubt that one new passenger will come due to a terminal redo. People travel because they need to not because of the facility. LGA has been proof of that over the years. Cle will have improvements but they will not change passenger levels. The economy will have more to do with totals than anything else.

Groyd

Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 pm

ncflyer wrote:
You’re right Greenair. What’s so frustrating is NEO is making such great progress elsewhere. For instance I was on a brand new stretch of the towpath north of steelyards common this weekend— Fantastic!!

Anyone care to place a wager: which comes first. Indians World Series win or concourse D being dealt with— either wrecked down or repurposed?

Not to get too off-topic, but this could be pretty big for Cleveland. Sherwin-Williams acquired Minneapolis-based Valspar and a new headquarters is becoming imminent—hundreds of Minnesota (and Colorado) based employees are going to be relocating to Cleveland if/when this comes to fruition.

http://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/05/sherwin-williams-hq-will-it-be-ohios.html?m=1

Robert1010

Mon May 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Groyd wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

Not to get too off-topic, but this could be pretty big for Cleveland. Sherwin-Williams acquired Minneapolis-based Valspar and a new headquarters is becoming imminent—hundreds of Minnesota (and Colorado) based employees are going to be relocating to Cleveland if/when this comes to fruition.

http://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/05/sherwin-williams-hq-will-it-be-ohios.html?m=1

Great news for CLE , long as they stay put like they say !

izbtmnhd

Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 am

Groyd wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

This is some dude’s blog. Not news.

masseybrown

Tue May 21, 2019 1:44 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
This is some dude’s blog. Not news.

He's good at it though and has good sources - used to be a reporter for the Sun suburban papers - and he was quoted by cleveland.com this morning.

To add something aviation related, the Sherwin Williams merger is probably the reason for the two 717's on the four-flight a day CLE-MSP route.

greenair727

Tue May 21, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm familiar with his work as well---he does well-researched and insightful work. And, in this case, as massey points out, he beat the PD to a story they didn't even know was there. It would be great for CLE if the bulk of the Valspar people or job functions are relocated to CLE. It may lower demand on CLE-MSP, but would increase CLE traffic overall, including int'l.

ncflyer

Tue May 21, 2019 9:29 pm

FWIW cleveland.com picked up the blog and has written an article about SW headquarters speculation. I haven’t had time to read through the comments yet but there are over 100. So the blogger may have dug up a nice scoop. Certainly won’t hurt air traffic— it’s so nice when CLE wins a takeover rather than loses one!

izbtmnhd

Wed May 22, 2019 4:03 am

Again, it’s some dude’s blog. Looking at past articles he has plenty of incorrect speculation on there. Also, the recent article posted on here has nothing to do with aviation.

Congrats on SW wanting maybe to build a big building. What does this have to with CLE?

I stand by my “not Hopkins news” view.

masseybrown

Wed May 22, 2019 7:04 am

izbtmnhd wrote:
Congrats on SW wanting maybe to build a big building. What does this have to with CLE?

As former poster LakeEffect said about a year ago, there isn't much CLE news, hence the big drop in postings to the thread..

highflier92660

Wed May 22, 2019 2:42 pm

masseybrown wrote:
My understanding of cleveland.com "censorship" is that it's very democratic. If the post gets some magic number of negative clicks, it's automatically deleted.

Unfortunately there wasn't sufficient time for democracy to take place before my PD article message was unceremoniously zapped into the ether. However the 2018 article I was responding to encapsulates a couple of our favorite topics, namely the FIS and (by default) the possibilities of renovating the shuttered Concourse D into an international terminal. If a delegation from Aer Lingus has visited recently, I'm sure our state-of-the-art FIS facility is of more than a passing interest.

The article dealt with CLE's "vastly improved" customs facility. In 2018 flights to Iceland were generating excitement, and with an anticipation for possibly more European service yet to come Hopkins' Federal Inspection Service became an area of much concern. The PD message section was lively. Said one reader: "You feel like you're flying into a third world country. Then you get on the RTA and realize that you're actually in a fourth world country."

Against this acidic assessment I strived mightily to obey the rules of the Marquess of Queensberry and Abner Doubleday. I urged a bolder and more costly approach of razing the existing regional jet Concourse and building a new hybrid domestic/international terminal-- set closer to 237-- with wide-body gates where aircraft could push-back without interference with aircraft at Concourse C. There would be direct underground access to the main terminal. In short, a facility for the 21st century from the likes of an architectural firm like HOK, with lots o' towering glass, restaurants, a currency exchange and a duty free shop. A veritable airport cathedral where passenger can stare in disbelief and whisper quietly "this is Cleveland?"

What may have sent my message into the realm of high crimes and misdemeanors was comparing those running Hopkins with mayor Ashlee McLaughlin and the Hee Haw gang at Linndale city hall.

https://www.cleveland.com/travel/2018/0 ... _plan.html

masseybrown

Wed May 22, 2019 2:55 pm

highflier92660 wrote:
If a delegation from Aer Lingus has visited recently, I'm sure our state-of-the-art FIS facility is of more than a passing interest.

That's the beauty of pre-clearance. No customs/immigration at US airports; it all happens in Dublin. Presumably an EI flight arriving in CLE would just pull into any assigned gate.

I've had some posts deleted from cleveland.com that I thought were non-controversial. It is a mysterious process; but the negative click count was how it was explained by someone I trust. When you look at some of what DOESN'T get deleted, it's hard to take cleveland.com too seriously. :smile:

avtcle

Thu May 23, 2019 1:36 am

Some good news out of United today as they updated their Winter schedule in Cleveland!

Service from Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale and Fort Myers is scheduled to resume on December 4th, 2 weeks earlier than last season. The service will operate daily through the end of April. No word yet on if Tampa service is coming back next spring.

Also, United is extending mainline service from Cleveland to Washington-Dulles to year-round. Beginning in January of 2020, United will operate 3 daily mainline departures to Dulles and 1 regional departure for a total of 4 daily flights.

Looks like they’re also sticking with their 2x daily flights to SFO and LAX on most days, year-round.

ncflyer

Thu May 23, 2019 3:27 am

I suspect UA will change those IAD flights back to RJs when it gets closer— no? Their aircraft aren’t so locked in this far out???

avtcle

Thu May 23, 2019 4:03 am

ncflyer wrote:
I suspect UA will change those IAD flights back to RJs when it gets closer— no? Their aircraft aren’t so locked in this far out???

Not likely. Mainline placeholders for United are the 737–700 which is what United is booking these flights as. I’ve been monitoring United’s Cleveland schedule and I’ve never seen them switch mainline schedule frequencies.

United is pushing to increase connections in IAD, especially for snowbird routes, so it makes sense.

avtcle

Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 am

avtcle wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

Not likely. Mainline placeholders for United are the 737–700 which is what United is booking these flights as. I’ve been monitoring United’s Cleveland schedule and I’ve never seen them switch mainline schedule frequencies.

United is pushing to increase connections in IAD, especially for snowbird routes, so it makes sense.

Actually, the 3 daily mainline flights look like they’re scheduled to begin in October, so they’re without a doubt set in place.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos