Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

atcsundevil
Topic Author

New Orleans Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:41 am

Please continue from last year's discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382411

LAX772LR

Re: New Orleans Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:06 am

January 2019.... BA still isn't daily.

TSS

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:00 am

I read some time ago that the New Orleans airport was getting a massive and, according to the posters in that thread, long-overdue renovation. Is that complete, underway, or yet to begin?

LAX772LR

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:19 am

TSS wrote:
I read some time ago that the New Orleans airport was getting a massive and, according to the posters in that thread, long-overdue renovation. Is that complete, underway, or yet to begin?

It's not a renovation, it's an all-new terminal.

All international ops and scheduled domestic ops will move over.
Domestic charter ops will remain at the old Terminal.

OLD:

NEW:

msycajun

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:28 am

TSS wrote:

Must have been a long while ago because MSY has been building a completely new replacement terminal the past four years. Currently scheduled to open in May. Check the 2018 thread for pictures - it's an impressive structure.

LAX772LR

Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:12 am

LAX772LR wrote:
BA still isn't daily.

Sidebar: I've totally become MSYCajun :lol:

N292UX

Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:26 am

2019 Predictions:
-AA adds PHX-MSY
-Someone, most likely NK or F9, adds a seasonal MSY-RSW
-DL increases BOS-MSY and adds a seasonal MSY-MCO. There will be rumbles of routes like MSY-CVG/RDU/IND, but none of these routes happen this year, at least.
-UA stays where they are
-BA increases frequency
-NK adds MSY-JAX
-G4 cuts MSY-LCK, adds MSY-LAS
-Either MSY-PHL/RDU are downgraded to seasonal on F9
-WN adds MKE-MSY

LAX772LR

Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:03 am

N292UX wrote:
2019 Predictions:

Interesting selections.

N292UX wrote:
AA adds PHX-MSY

:checkmark: Sorta surprised that this one hasn't happened already.

N292UX wrote:
Someone, most likely NK or F9, adds a seasonal MSY-RSW

WN just tried and failed on that, but would be interesting to see if they could pull it off

N292UX wrote:
DL increases BOS-MSY and adds a seasonal MSY-MCO. There will be rumbles of routes like MSY-CVG/RDU/IND, but none of these routes happen this year, at least.

Would be nice if DL got off its behind and finally did something at a place where it's been the largest global carrier for decades on end, without much effort....

N292UX wrote:
UA stays where they are

Actually, after a long stagnation, UA's added quite a bit of capacity/frequency as of very recently.
Gotta do something to justify that beautiful new lounge, I guess. ;)

N292UX wrote:
BA increases frequency

THAT is the single most confounding thing about the airfield as of late, IMO.
Unfortunately, their station manager recently said that she's gotten no indication of intention to increase to daily, despite how well that flight has done relative to even some of BA's longstanding routes last year.

N292UX wrote:
NK adds MSY-JAX

Your lips to God's ears.

I still think it'd be a route better suited for 3M, but they're so unreliable.

N292UX wrote:
G4 cuts MSY-LCK, adds MSY-LAS

That'd be ill-advised, IMO.... they'd face intensive competition from WN+NK

N292UX wrote:
Either MSY-PHL/RDU are downgraded to seasonal on F9

Sad, but prolly true.

N292UX wrote:
WN adds MKE-MSY

Be interesting to see that resumption, definite possibility.

msycajun

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:35 am

LAX772LR wrote:
N292UX wrote:
Someone, most likely NK or F9, adds a seasonal MSY-RSW

WN just tried and failed on that, but would be interesting to see if they could pull it off

N292UX wrote:
DL increases BOS-MSY and adds a seasonal MSY-MCO. There will be rumbles of routes like MSY-CVG/RDU/IND, but none of these routes happen this year, at least.

Would be nice if DL got off its behind and finally did something at a place where it's been the largest global carrier for decades on end, without much effort....

N292UX wrote:
UA stays where they are

Actually, after a long stagnation, UA's added quite a bit of capacity/frequency as of very recently.
Gotta do something to justify that beautiful new lounge, I guess. ;)

N292UX wrote:
BA increases frequency

THAT is the single most confounding thing about the airfield as of late, IMO.
Unfortunately, their station manager recently said that she's gotten no indication of intention to increase to daily, despite how well that flight has done relative to even some of BA's longstanding routes last year.

N292UX wrote:
NK adds MSY-JAX

Your lips to God's ears.

I still think it'd be a route better suited for 3M, but they're so unreliable.

N292UX wrote:
G4 cuts MSY-LCK, adds MSY-LAS

That'd be ill-advised, IMO.... they'd face intensive competition from WN+NK

N292UX wrote:
Either MSY-PHL/RDU are downgraded to seasonal on F9

Sad, but prolly true.

N292UX wrote:
WN adds MKE-MSY

Be interesting to see that resumption, definite possibility.

I don't think anyone has tried RSW in the last decade at least. I can't imagine there'd be much local traffic on such a route, but it might be useful for connections for WN or NK. Same for PBI. It's hard compete with the options to TPA and FLL.

As for DL and UA, I think that depends more on fleet (DL/CS delays) or hub reconfigurations (UA more banks at IAD and DEN?). The legacies seem happy to cede share to LCCs to keep Wall Street happy, but I think they'll regret it when NK grows to rival WN in size. They seem to be a lot more competent in the international arena.

I don't see NK on JAX, at least unless there is a major expansion of routes to the west. LAS on G4 doesn't make sense to me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try AZA if NK doesn't add PHX first. I think SAN could be stimulated further with an ULCC. I'm happy to see NK add F9 routes like PHL, AUS, and DEN even if F9 ends up reducing. NK offers much better frequency and reliability for an ULCC.

MKE is interesting. It was multiple daily back in the AirTran/Midwest days and briefly under WN before they transitioned it to Saturday only. I think they've found that Sunday is a much stronger day for once weekly routes, so that would be a better way to test the market again.

NolaMD88fan

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:17 am

I think LAX772LR was thinking of EYW. RSW has not had scheduled service. That would be an interesting choice though. I could see NK give it a shot with 3x weekly service.

MSY-PHX on AA is long overdue. WN needs some competition on that route.

Not sure if we'll see WN try MKE. If they do, I agree that Sunday only service is most likely. As stated in the previous thread, WN will probably increase frequencies on some of the other 1-2x weekly flights. SMF has been flying daily for the last month, so would not be shocked to see that one go daily soon. CMH and RDU also both seem to performing well, and I could see them go daily. IND, PIT, and SJC aren't quite there yet from what I've seen in terms of loads.

I do see NK continuing to add more spokes out of our growing operation here. BDL, RIC, and PDX are all possibilities given O&D numbers to these cities and connecting possibilities. JAX and IND are newer stations, but they may see service by 2020. I don't see international yet, unfortunately. The MCO international buildup remains the focus for NK at this point in time.

Other than the already announced SDF route from G4, I don't see much happening from them. Probably just status quo for now. Same for F9.

I don't see DL doing much other than possibly going year round to BOS and SEA. MCO has ample competition, so I don't see that happening. Otherwise, just continued capacity buildup on existing routes through larger aircraft or more frequencies. Same as what UA has already announced.

I think international will be quiet this year. BA will continue to confound us all. If a new route is announced, YUL seems most likely to me at least on a seasonal basis. Maybe WS to YYC and YYZ if they try the BNA model here. CM may also continue to increase capacity at least seasonally to the 738, but maintain 4x weekly service.

Nola

Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:44 pm

What about DL daily to SEA? BOS? Is there enough demand?

And perhaps KLM to AMS or AF to CDG?

LAX772LR

Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:10 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
I think LAX772LR was thinking of EYW.

D'oh! My bad, yeah, WN tried EYW-MSY, and it didn't last.

Nola wrote:
And perhaps KLM to AMS or AF to CDG?

Either of those would likely be on DL, especially the latter, as AF doesn't do medium US markets. IAD is the smallest gateway they serve.

Heck, they JUST managed to make their way back into DFW (only seasonally) and that's a 7M person metro.

PSAatSAN4Ever

Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:45 pm

TSS wrote:

I'm with you in that it is hard to find information on construction projects or even the plans of what is being built at American airports. I'm not even sure that there is even an official plan for the new Terminal 1 at SAN yet! Hush, hush, right?

However, the imagery of it all looks amazing! I am seeing 12-13 gates per concourse, yes? I guess that means the other gates will be along the main perpendicular building? And is Loyola Blvd becoming the new access road to the airport?

Side-topic rant: Google - the company that always wants to be number one - is getting lazy, and is no help on any of this at all, at least as far as satellite imagery is concerned. Some places were photographed once, and if that was many years ago, well, that's just too bad. For example: in the San Ysidro/Otay Mesa region, dirt hasn't even turned on construction for the Cross Border Xpress facility connecting to TIJ airport. The 2-D version was updated frequently, but because we have flat-earthers getting more and more vocal (I wish they'd just walk to the edge of the earth and fall off!), Google got rid of that, and their very sadly out-of-date 3-D satellite imagery is all you get.

It's the same at MSY - not a spade of dirt has been turned at the airport, at least according to the current satellite imagery. For smaller companies, I'd say, "mehh, what are you going to do?" For a company that wants to do everything? It's like opening up your brand new laptop in 2019 to find Windows XP running it. Seriously, Google, that's embarrassing.

Rant off.

Nola

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:36 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
TSS wrote:

I'm with you in that it is hard to find information on construction projects or even the plans of what is being built at American airports. I'm not even sure that there is even an official plan for the new Terminal 1 at SAN yet! Hush, hush, right?

However, the imagery of it all looks amazing! I am seeing 12-13 gates per concourse, yes? I guess that means the other gates will be along the main perpendicular building? And is Loyola Blvd becoming the new access road to the airport?

Side-topic rant: Google - the company that always wants to be number one - is getting lazy, and is no help on any of this at all, at least as far as satellite imagery is concerned. Some places were photographed once, and if that was many years ago, well, that's just too bad. For example: in the San Ysidro/Otay Mesa region, dirt hasn't even turned on construction for the Cross Border Xpress facility connecting to TIJ airport. The 2-D version was updated frequently, but because we have flat-earthers getting more and more vocal (I wish they'd just walk to the edge of the earth and fall off!), Google got rid of that, and their very sadly out-of-date 3-D satellite imagery is all you get.

It's the same at MSY - not a spade of dirt has been turned at the airport, at least according to the current satellite imagery. For smaller companies, I'd say, "mehh, what are you going to do?" For a company that wants to do everything? It's like opening up your brand new laptop in 2019 to find Windows XP running it. Seriously, Google, that's embarrassing.

Rant off.

Yes, Loyola will be the new roadway in. And for the next couple of years, access will be a complete s**tshow. No flyover ramps to exit the interstate and the surface roads need to be widened considerably. The airport really dropped the ball in coordinating with the state to get this done for opening. It will probably add 1 hour to the time it takes to get to the airport.

SunsetLimited

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:38 pm

At the new MSY terminal, A will have 6 gates, B will have 14, C will have 15.

A is capable of being expanded if demand warrants....which it probably will shortly...but I don’t think there’s money for that yet.

Loyola will be the main public entrance, a new access road is being built.

LightningZ71

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:34 pm

With the renaming of this thread, does this mean that we'll also be discussing one of the coolest art deco terminals in the country at KNEW as well?

LAX772LR

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:58 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
A is capable of being expanded if demand warrants....which it probably will shortly.

Shortly? Heck, it's probably the case already.

Glad the decision was made to expand prior to opening, lest MSY be stuck with only 30 gates (only two being international capable) now!

NolaMD88fan

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 am

LightningZ71 wrote:
With the renaming of this thread, does this mean that we'll also be discussing one of the coolest art deco terminals in the country at KNEW as well?

It's been discussed on here previously, so absolutely. Great terminal building, and a really nice restaurant there that looks out over the ramp. Of course, it's mainly bizjets and general aviation ops there, so not much to talk about most of the time.

LAX772LR

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:42 am

Twilight shot of the new terminal by a member of the NOLA Spotters Fbook page.

First time I've seen it all lit up, including the garage, excluding the international concourse. Beautiful!

msycajun

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:10 pm

Not much new here for those of us who have been following, but efforts to educate the public prior to the move are ramping up:
https://www.thenewmsy.com/

By my count about 132 days until opening.

william

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:51 pm

The construction pace seems to have accelerated. Hope the highway interchange with I-10 will ready soon too.The airport traffic is going to inundate that simple interchange.

LightningZ71

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:21 pm

Over the holidays, I made an equipment delivery to the new terminal. I was able to go into the main terminal and I have to say, it's massive on the inside. Like, bigger than I was expecting big. It looks like there are still many months of interior work remaining. Very impressive to say the least. I can't wait for operations to move over there.

Don't expect any more expansion to concourse A any time soon. There are money issues involved with that that will take years to sort out.

LAX772LR

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:06 am

Airport's official Fbook page confirmed that MSY surpassed 13MM pax in 2018, only to take it down.

That was sorta odd, but still happy that a new record was set!

DJSNOLA

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:12 pm

No ones heard anything about any further delays in opening ? Just checking if anyones heard anything ... lots of rumors all the time so figured id check here

LightningZ71

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:57 pm

They're pretty hell bent on opening in May. From what I saw... that date is perhaps a bit optimistic for 100% completion, but, it should be "functional" by then at least.

LAX772LR

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:19 am

Viking River Cruises is moving forward operating Mississippi cruises originating in MSY, and has now secured a US-based operator for their ships.

This is a rather pleasant surprise, considering that there's been essentially zilch public mention for 3yrs+!

Louisiana-based Edison Chouest will build, own and lease-back up to six US-based vessels by 2027.
http://www.chouest.com/

Service is expected to begin in 2021 with MSY-MSY roundtrip, MSY-MEM 1way, and STL-MSP 1way cruises offerings.

Viking has also revived the Mississippi section to their website (previously taken down) and also released prospective objectives below:

Started a separate thread on this also, to focus on what it means for air service to gateways other than just MSY, particularly in regard to potential TATL effect:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1412265

SunsetLimited

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:06 am

I strongly doubt every f&b and retail
establishment will be open by May, but the terminal itself will be ready to accept passengers.

mia

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Is it just me, or would it be better if the thread was actually "MSY Thread" instead of New Orleans thread?

NolaMD88fan

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Not sure why it was changed from MSY thread, but it is what it is.

LAX772LR

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:55 am

mia wrote:
Is it just me, or would it be better if the thread was actually "MSY Thread" instead of New Orleans thread?

Why?

The latter's more inclusive, particularly seeing that NEW, BTR, and (to a lesser extent) NBG, LFT, and GPT are also frequently discussed here.

DJSNOLA

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
mia wrote:

Why?

The latter's more inclusive, particularly seeing that NEW, BTR, and (to a lesser extent) NBG, LFT, and GPT are also frequently discussed here.

doesnt matter to me either way and i guess it does allow us to discuss lakefront airport and belle chase airfield

also the rfp for the wine bar plus secondary concept is due to the city today.. my guess is its going to be Vino Volo.. they just opened a dual concept in Reno airport thats fairly nice and its likely they are proposing something similar to that in their rfp.. i didnt recognize any other companies on the bid list

heres a link to their concept in Reno:

https://thisisreno.com/2018/12/wine-bar-opens-at-airport/

DJSNOLA

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:21 pm

1227 Poydras St, 1229 Poydras St, 1429 Poydras St, 1300 Perdido St, 13·Property Acquisition · Project #PA-001 · Ref Code:B131XT
Download (6) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Property Acquisition
Applicant:
The City Of New Orleans
Notify Property Owners
Date Filed:
1/8/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Consideration of the acquisition of immovable property by the City from Josephine Cangelosi, consisting of Lots 15 and 16, Square 52, bounded by Camden Avenue, Fayette Street, Hatteras Avenue, and Greenwood Street in Jefferson Parish. The purpose of the acquisition is for future development of Louis Armstrong International Airport.

Reviews:
Reviews Pending:
Days Open:
Date Finaled:
Lead Staff:
Next Meeting:
Meeting Date:
Next Status:
Staff Review
Next Status Date:
2/5/2019 12:00:00 AM

1227 Poydras St, 1229 Poydras St, 1429 Poydras St, 1300 Perdido St, 13·Property Acquisition · Project #PA-002 · Ref Code:5SL0TU
Download (8) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Property Acquisition
Applicant:
The City Of New Orleans
Notify Property Owners
Date Filed:
1/8/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Consideration of the acquisition of immovable property by the City from Leblanc LLC, consisting of Lots 18, 19, 20, and 21, Square 53, bounded by Camden Avenue, Aberdeen Street, Hatteras Avenue, and Greenwood Street in Jefferson Parish. The purpose of the acquisition is for future development of Louis Armstrong International Airport.

NolaMD88fan

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Looks like they are purchasing some largely undeveloped lots that are already surrounded by other lots already owned by the City of New Orleans. Wouldn't read much into it for now since there are developed parcels nearby that would also need to be bought for any type of future expansion to occur.

ldvaviation

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

LAX772LR wrote:

First time I've seen it all lit up, including the garage, excluding the international concourse. Beautiful!

Pelli's original design was more intricate and detailed. This looks like a bad copy.

DJSNOLA

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm

ldvaviation wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

Pelli's original design was more intricate and detailed. This looks like a bad copy.

Not sure how you can judge intricacy of design from a very poor quality photo

DJSNOLA

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:52 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Looks like they are purchasing some largely undeveloped lots that are already surrounded by other lots already owned by the City of New Orleans. Wouldn't read much into it for now since there are developed parcels nearby that would also need to be bought for any type of future expansion to occur.

you are probably right but i thought it worth sharing because it gives credence to the rumors that a larger expanson off of terminal would displace the currebt atlantic aviation location and that would be relocated to the south side most likely or somewhere else on the northside

ldvaviation

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:

There is a lot you can tell.

For example, compare Pelli's rendering of the central atrium/skylight with the check-in desks (left) to the construction photo of the same view. Pelli designed a column-free space. But that's not what was built. The additional columns made the space less expensive to build, but also eliminated most of the architectural appeal of the space.

There is more you can tell if you compare the renderings at the link above for the newMSY and Pelli's renderings at his website.
Last edited by ldvaviation on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

braniff2hav

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 pm

I seem to get regular updates on seat assignment changes for passengers on the BA flight, because of equipment swaps to the 787-900. I wonder if there are any statistics as to how often this has occurred and if it is becoming more the norm for the flight to operate as the 787-900 instead of the 800?

NolaMD88fan

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:11 pm

ldvaviation wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

For example, compare Pelli's rendering of the central atrium/skylight with the check-in desks (left) to the construction photo of the same view. Pelli designed a column-free space. But that's not what was built. The additional columns made the space less expensive to build, but also eliminated most of the architectural appeal of the space.

There is more you can tell if you compare the renderings at the link above for the newMSY and Pelli's renderings at his website.

Value engineering. Very typical with civic projects.

msycajun

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 pm

ldvaviation wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

You are looking at it the wrong way - don't forget that the structure being built is about 50% more square footage than in the original design. You can't simply scale it up. Some things have to be re-engineered and of course keeping the costs low is always a requirement. It's easy to create column free renderings, but I don't think Pelli was involved when it came down to finalizing designs, construction documents, and actually building the thing.

I think one would be hard pressed to find a terminal project being built as fast and pretty much within budget if you account the expansions. In my opinion will probably be the best looking terminal building in the US when complete.

NolaMD88fan

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:35 pm

braniff2hav wrote:
I seem to get regular updates on seat assignment changes for passengers on the BA flight, because of equipment swaps to the 787-900. I wonder if there are any statistics as to how often this has occurred and if it is becoming more the norm for the flight to operate as the 787-900 instead of the 800?

It seems to get swapped out several times a month during peak travel periods. Looking back at stats for the first 6 months of 2017, there were 60 789 flights, and 195 788 flights performed. That equates to 23.5% of the flights being swapped from the 788 to the 789. Basically, you had a nearly 1 in 4 chance of flying on a 789 during those months. We'll see if that trend continues over the same time period this year.

LAX772LR

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:02 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
for the first 6 months of 2017

2017 or 2018?

Seeing as the flight didn't operate until almost the 4th month of 2017.

ldvaviation

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:07 am

msycajun wrote:

You are looking at it the wrong way - don't forget that the structure being built is about 50% more square footage than in the original design. You can't simply scale it up. Some things have to be re-engineered and of course keeping the costs low is always a requirement. It's easy to create column free renderings, but I don't think Pelli was involved when it came down to finalizing designs, construction documents, and actually building the thing.

I think one would be hard pressed to find a terminal project being built as fast and pretty much within budget if you account the expansions. In my opinion will probably be the best looking terminal building in the US when complete.

It wasn't the best design at its inception. The contextual rationale was so hokey and unremarkable --- the curves of the Mississippi River. There was also a formal discontinuity between the headhouse and the piers --- almost two different styles.

As to the interior, I doubt Pelli created a column-free rendering just for art's sake. It has become a design element of all world-class airports being built today. See LHR/T5, LAX/TBIT Great Hall and concourses, the new Beijing airport, etc. Pelli was trying to create a world-class terminal.

Whatever the case, you can't have it both ways. Value-engineering almost always comes at the expense of design.

msyflyer

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:33 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
ldvaviation wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

Value engineering. Very typical with civic projects.

The project required columns to accomodate for the proper drainage of the beautiful sloped roof. There was no other way to get it to look that way.

As far as value engineering, the last I heard a lot of things that were value engineered are being put back (or wanted to be put back) like the wood on the ceiling in the main atrium.

DJSNOLA

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:06 pm

ldvaviation wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

are you really comparing a conceptual rendering (before cost analysis, structural feasibility and real life conditions accounted for) with whats built and expecting it to be the same? if so you must never be satisfied with any architectural project... not to mention his renderings were done before expansion of the facility.. you are certainly entitled to your own opinions (no matter how extreme they are) .. i love the new facility and it will more than serve its purpose for the region

NolaMD88fan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:
for the first 6 months of 2017

2017 or 2018?

Seeing as the flight didn't operate until almost the 4th month of 2017.

2018...blame it on me not getting paid.

braniff2hav

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 pm

So, this morning showing operating from Atlanta to New Orleans (NEW) on 18Jun is a "Linear Air Taxi, code O2 is a Cessna CN1. 4 flights!

1‡O2«
18JUN TUE ATL/EDT NEW/CDT-1
1O2/** 5298 Y4 B4 ATLNEW 1030A 1206P CN1 0 /E
2O2/** 5448 Y4 B4 ATLNEW 615P 751P CN1 0 /E
3O2/** 5299 Y4 B4 ATLMSY 1030A 1210P CN1 0 /E
4O2/** 5449 Y4 B4 ATLMSY 615P 755P CN1 0 /E
NO MORE - 1* FOR CONX.

WHY would they do this and who are they? Who would fly this ...

Also, note that two flights go to MSY and two go to NEW.

Yikes!

NolaMD88fan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm

braniff2hav wrote:
So, this morning showing operating from Atlanta to New Orleans (NEW) on 18Jun is a "Linear Air Taxi, code O2 is a Cessna CN1. 4 flights!

1‡O2«
18JUN TUE ATL/EDT NEW/CDT-1
1O2/** 5298 Y4 B4 ATLNEW 1030A 1206P CN1 0 /E
2O2/** 5448 Y4 B4 ATLNEW 615P 751P CN1 0 /E
3O2/** 5299 Y4 B4 ATLMSY 1030A 1210P CN1 0 /E
4O2/** 5449 Y4 B4 ATLMSY 615P 755P CN1 0 /E
NO MORE - 1* FOR CONX.

WHY would they do this and who are they? Who would fly this ...

Also, note that two flights go to MSY and two go to NEW.

Yikes!

Someone with more money than they know what do with is my guess.

Also, the latest aerial of the new terminal is out. Looks like the west parking lot is pretty much done, and foundation work is ongoing for the east parking garage. I also see that striping has taken place on a portion of the ramp. Wondering when they will finish paving the east portion of the ramp. Seems unfinished to me.

DJSNOLA

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:08 pm

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/01/08/nashville-airport-bna-sun-country-los-angeles-portland/2503778002/

hmm maybe Sun Country will be the airline that delivers nonstop Portland flights for us too!

braniff2hav

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Anyone catch pics of the AA777-200 that flew the eagles in?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos