Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VS4ever

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 pm

airlineworker wrote:
AA is dropping the two daily ORH-PHL flights for one flight four days a week, I don't see that lasting and DL later this year will offer one daily flight to DTW. Miss that one flight or a cancellation will mean going back home and coming back tomorrow. It won't last either.

Yet B6 have flown MCO and FLL once daily for a few years now and would have exactly the same issue, yet still there. You would have this situation at most smaller airports connecting to bigger ones, let's not forget in some cases like G4, service isn't even daily, yet the routes continue.

Clearly something is up with AA, but you can't broadbrush their issues and relay it to another airline that now has 3 options daily and one that hasn't even started yet. ORH is in investment mode, Massport are ramping up their abilities, it's not quite if you build it they will come, but you have to give passengers something to come to. This is a long game for Massport and yes there may or may not be backroom deals to help out, but you have to start somewhere and that's what is happen.

I was always curious why PHL was 2x when everyone else was 1x, maybe they are just realigning with that theory

tphuang

Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm

There is no question B6 launched those ORH flights to stay in MassPort's good grace. I don't see how they get those 6 gates without the JFK flight. Right now, that flight is fight for traffic with Bolt bus passengers, so it's definitely haemorrhaging money. And I would imagine PHL/DTW are along the same line of keeping MassPort happy.

If Massport ever gets control of MHT, it will finally get back some of the services it has lost!

Fex180

Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 pm

tphuang wrote:
If Massport ever gets control of MHT, it will finally get back some of the services it has lost!

that will be the same day that the Titanic makes it to New York.

tomaheath

Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Fex180 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

that will be the same day that the Titanic makes it to New York.

As a Manchester resident no thank you to that.

airbazar

Fri May 17, 2019 5:18 pm

tphuang wrote:
There is no question B6 launched those ORH flights to stay in MassPort's good grace. I don't see how they get those 6 gates without the JFK flight.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If you think Massport was going to get in the way of their biggest customer expanding and bringing them more money I don't know what to tell you. It's in Massport's best interest that B6 continue to expand, and that was especially true a few years ago when absolutely no other airline was looking to do it. B6 was always going to get terminal C all to themselves with or without ORH, just like DL was always going to get all of terminal A with or without ORH, and AA was always going to get an expanded terminal with or without ORH, and UA did get a "new" terminal without ORH.

There will be a time relatively soon when BOS runs out of slots (probably 5-10 years at current growth rate).
Massport is investing in ORH because they know the reality of BOS. When BOS runs out of slots Massport income stops growing. The alternative is to open up a reliever airport. Massport knows this and the airlines serving the area know this. That's why they are trying to establish themselves in there now, IMO.

EK77WNH

Fri May 17, 2019 5:27 pm

Just from a quasi-legal perspective, there's no way a Massachusetts agency can run something in New Hampshire.

tomaheath

Fri May 17, 2019 11:16 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
Just from a quasi-legal perspective, there's no way a Massachusetts agency can run something in New Hampshire.

That’s a good thing.

Jouhou

Sat May 18, 2019 1:36 am

airbazar wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
I should also add that with the C&J bus service BOS is more convenient than MHT as well since they are approximately the same distance. MHT could only attract people from the seacoast area by offering better prices, which they don't anymore.

As someone who lives in the Haverhill/Plaistow area and has taken the C&J bus once from the Newburyport park&ride the convenience factor is directly related to how close you live to the bus stop and how your flight schedule coincides with the bus schedule because the bus only runs once per hour and it's really inconvenient to have to wait that long after arriving. That's why I switched to the Logan Express which is more expensive but far more convenient knowing that the most I will ever have to wait is 30 minutes.
CairnterriAIR wrote:
These flights are pretty much compensation to Massport for preferred gate space at Logan. They want good treatment at Boston, they have to fly to Worcester, even if just token service.

I never bought into that theory. They have their own terminal. What compensation are they looking for?
Blueknows wrote:
B6 flies ORH-JFK. Massport made and earn with B6. They said if B6 wanted some extra GaTES in LOGAN, they would have to add ORH-JFK. Devil in the details

There is really no proof of that. Like AA, B6 has an entire terminal to themselves and they're nowhere near full utilization. In fact in the last few years it's Massport who has had to go begging B6 for gates in order to handle the overflowing international carriers at terminal E, not the other way around.
I'm under no illusions that if the flights don't generate profits they would be dropped, just as AA is doing.

that further supports what I was saying- that you have options to BOS even more convenient than what those of us in Portsmouth and Dover have. None of us are saying MHT is even remotely convenient. And you are geographically even closer to MHT than us!

Blueknows

Sat May 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Ok the ORH-JFK flight was done so B6 could get three extra gates they wanted in BOS.

Blueknows

Sat May 18, 2019 1:54 pm

BTV will be closing the upstairs hallway within the next month. They will be making a hallway connecting both terminals post security.

B595

Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Blueknows wrote:
BTV will be closing the upstairs hallway within the next month. They will be making a hallway connecting both terminals post security.

Interesting. I wonder why they feel compelled to do this. Are they planning to consolidate the security lanes? Is it that important to give pax in the S gate area access to Skinny Pancake?

I suppose, too, this will mean the end of pre-security access to the observation tower.

BTVB6Flyer

Sat May 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Smart move. Not sure on the gate situation, but could help split up a airline utilizing N and S concourses if they are anticipating some additional flights to come in the future from say F9. For example UA could use a gate on both N and S side and their PAX would be able to enter and traverse the concourse as needed.

Also don't they have a Skinny Pancake and both sides already?

And if they aren't going to combine TSA, could this be the opening to getting FIS/Border Patrol there in the main terminal? And the return of Porter?

mjgbtv

Sat May 18, 2019 8:08 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Smart move. Not sure on the gate situation, but could help split up a airline utilizing N and S concourses if they are anticipating some additional flights to come in the future from say F9. For example UA could use a gate on both N and S side and their PAX would be able to enter and traverse the concourse as needed.

Also don't they have a Skinny Pancake and both sides already?

And if they aren't going to combine TSA, could this be the opening to getting FIS/Border Patrol there in the main terminal? And the return of Porter?

Yes, there is a Skinny Pancake on both sides.

According to airport commission meeting minutes a while back the cost to combine TSA was 'prohibitive'. I would think that joining the two ends of the terminal post-security would be the biggest piece of that, so I am skeptical...

B595

Sat May 18, 2019 9:59 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
Yes, there is a Skinny Pancake on both sides.

:blockhead: whoops, I was just through the S side in Jan on B6 and didn't even notice.

mjgbtv wrote:
According to airport commission meeting minutes a while back the cost to combine TSA was 'prohibitive'. I would think that joining the two ends of the terminal post-security would be the biggest piece of that, so I am skeptical...

Not to mention that the airport management would have to move its offices and conference rooms. Just doesn't add up...

Fex180

Sun May 19, 2019 12:52 pm

From the OAG changes thread. F9 is suspending PSM-MCO

VS4ever

Sun May 19, 2019 12:53 pm

OAG changes for this week for the region (thanks enilria for the hard work in putting this together each week)

9K ACK-EWB JUN 2>3[3] JUL 3>5[4] AUG 3>4[4]
9K ACK-HYA JUN 6>7[5] JUL 6>10[5] AUG 6>9[6] (albeit small aircraft, this is a decent increase)
F9 BDL-MCO JUL 0.4>0.6[0] AUG 0.4>0.7[0]
*F9 MCO-PSM JUL 0.4>0.1[0] AUG 0.4>0[0] SEP 0.3>0[0] OCT 0.3>0[0] (is this a result of starting BOS do we think?)
TJ ACK-HPN JUN 1.7>2[1.9] DEC 1.8>0.4[0.2] JAN 0.6>0[0]
TJ ACK-TEB DEC 1.6>0.4[0.2] JAN 0.6>0[0]
TJ HPN-MVY AUG 2.0>2[2] DEC 0.9>0.1[0] JAN 0.3>0[0]
TJ MVY-TEB DEC 0.7>0.0[0] JAN 0.3>0[0]
UA BTV-IAD JAN 4>3[3]
UA BTV-ORD JAN 4>3[2] (a little bit of reverse love here, not 4, but more than 2!)
UA IAD-PVD JAN 4>3[2] (same here)
UA IAD-PWM JAN 4>3[2] (and here)

Fex180

Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 pm

VS4ever wrote:
OAG changes for this week for the region (thanks enilria for the hard work in putting this together each week)

*F9 MCO-PSM JUL 0.4>0.1[0] AUG 0.4>0[0] SEP 0.3>0[0] OCT 0.3>0[0] (is this a result of starting BOS do we think?)

It's probably a combination of starting at BOS and proximity to PWM driving down loads. Honestly F9 at PSM never made much sense to me to begin with

RL757PVD

Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 am

PVD announcing new international service tomorrow. Giving the time of year I would guess something Caribbean for winter like a long overdue CUN flight? PUJ or SDQ would also do well based on ethnic ties.

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/ ... al-service

Blueknows

Tue May 21, 2019 10:59 am

So the BTV post security hallway is mint to help with security issues. They have hard time hiring at BTV TSA. So with this new set up they can move TSA around. So certain parts of day move mire TSA to s or n concourse. Also helps with customer service experience

RL757PVD

Tue May 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Accordingly to Suncountry's website PVD-PUJ will start in November... Sat only for the first month then Wed/Sat December through April.

Still surprised no CUN but PUJ is popular for leisure and also some ethnic ties as well.

btvhopper

Wed May 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Blueknows wrote:
So the BTV post security hallway is mint to help with security issues. They have hard time hiring at BTV TSA. So with this new set up they can move TSA around. So certain parts of day move mire TSA to s or n concourse. Also helps with customer service experience

Connecting the two terminals post-security will no doubt alleviate many problems and vastly improve the customer experience at BTV; no one's doubting that. But what is your source that this is happening this summer? The airport management have long sought to connect those two terminals but the cost was always "prohibitive" due to the interior demolition and movement of the offices/conference rooms that block access between the North and South terminals. I'm a bit skeptical.

RL757PVD

Wed May 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Southern Airways Express is going top launch a few summer seasonal flights from Nantucket this summer. According to their website they will fly PVD/HVN/OWD to ACK ... yes OWD (Norwood), the plane will originate and termite there. PVD is Thursday through Monday 1x, with a second flight on Fri/Sun, HVN is Fri Sat Sun.

VS4ever

Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 am

Sad news from ORH, few details but still
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston ... /951534911

HVNandrew

Sat May 25, 2019 2:10 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Southern Airways Express is going top launch a few summer seasonal flights from Nantucket this summer. According to their website they will fly PVD/HVN/OWD to ACK ... yes OWD (Norwood), the plane will originate and termite there. PVD is Thursday through Monday 1x, with a second flight on Fri/Sun, HVN is Fri Sat Sun.

Neat! HVN-ACK service has not been around for years...like 30+. I had always thought 9K could make this work. The problem might be getting the word out that this service exists...

mjgbtv

Sat May 25, 2019 7:01 pm

OY (Omni Air) flew a military charter to BTV today with a 772. I believe this might be the first 777 at BTV. Does anyone know differently?

CairnterriAIR

Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

New Haven should work fine as long as the service is advertised. Nantucket is a huge summer destination for people in that area. Norwood is interesting but I can see it working. Also an affluent area. The only thing I can see being a problem is the $400 round trip ticket cost. Hard to compete with the many boat ferries at that cost.

B595

Sun May 26, 2019 6:15 am

mjgbtv wrote:
OY (Omni Air) flew a military charter to BTV today with a 772. I believe this might be the first 777 at BTV. Does anyone know differently?

I think you're right. The military charters have brought a menagerie of widebody types to BTV (off the top of my head: 742,744,A333,762,763,764,MD11), but I don't remember a 777 among them.

Changing topic: I was checking UA's EWR-BTV schedule through August and found that they are sticking with 3x or 4x/day regional jets, mostly E145s with an occasional E170 mixed in. No mainline for the summer. Then they gradually ramp up the frequency to 5x in Sep and even 6x/day in Oct, but still no mainline. Was a bit surprised by this given the longstanding discussion/rumor here of UA's strategy to reduce EWR regional-jet flying, and the fact that mainline was used last year on EWR-BTV (up to and including 739s). But I guess EWR-BTV is back to the status-quo regional jets, at least through mid-fall. Didn't bother to check beyond Oct.

Fex180

Mon May 27, 2019 9:37 pm

B595 wrote:
mjgbtv wrote:

I think you're right. The military charters have brought a menagerie of widebody types to BTV (off the top of my head: 742,744,A333,762,763,764,MD11), but I don't remember a 777 among them.

Changing topic: I was checking UA's EWR-BTV schedule through August and found that they are sticking with 3x or 4x/day regional jets, mostly E145s with an occasional E170 mixed in. No mainline for the summer. Then they gradually ramp up the frequency to 5x in Sep and even 6x/day in Oct, but still no mainline. Was a bit surprised by this given the longstanding discussion/rumor here of UA's strategy to reduce EWR regional-jet flying, and the fact that mainline was used last year on EWR-BTV (up to and including 739s). But I guess EWR-BTV is back to the status-quo regional jets, at least through mid-fall. Didn't bother to check beyond Oct.

PWM is basically the same. 5-6 x daily for the summer, 1 daily mainline (A319 or 738) the rest are E145s and the odd E170. PWM-IAD is way down in capacity this summer. 3-4 x daily entirely RJ's.

rob2507

Wed May 29, 2019 1:54 am

RL757PVD wrote:

Monday afternoon featured a ton of flights over my house in SE Mass. that originated at ACK. Seemed like every 5 minutes or so over the course of several hours was something doing ACK-BED or an unknown destination. I bet there’s a market for this if they can build awareness as others have said.

airlineworker

Wed May 29, 2019 11:27 am

rob2507 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Monday afternoon featured a ton of flights over my house in SE Mass. that originated at ACK. Seemed like every 5 minutes or so over the course of several hours was something doing ACK-BED or an unknown destination. I bet there’s a market for this if they can build awareness as others have said.

All they have to do is fill 9 seats.

VS4ever

Wed May 29, 2019 2:19 pm

airlineworker wrote:
rob2507 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

All they have to do is fill 9 seats.

Amazingly enough, that's harder than it sounds, if you look at 9K routes as a comparative, their average is around 4-5 and while they have a lot more flights a day then the proposal above, It's not easy to get 9 people on these flights.

slcdeltarumd11

Wed May 29, 2019 2:34 pm

I think connecting the two sides makes total sense at BTV for many reasons. Sadly though we will lose a public restroom and access to the tower I assume ? Both were good while waiting for someone on a late flight .

BTV has had issues getting tsa screeners for a while ,this should help as they only need one side open early/late etc.

Additionally I have had delayed flights when services close, will be easier to keep just one open late as opposed to both for a delay.

I see a lot of pros of connecting gates 1-7 with 8-15 post security. Should help the customer experience when there is a long delay that space gets small fast etc etc. I am a huge supporter of this , and doubt this will cost too much money.

btvhopper

Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 pm

Yep, I can confirm BTV's plan to create a post-TSA walkway, connecting the North and South terminals.

The cost is expected to be $300,000 and construction could start next month.

https://go.boarddocs.com/vt/burlingtonv ... ission.pdf

mjgbtv

Thu May 30, 2019 5:27 pm

btvhopper wrote:
Yep, I can confirm BTV's plan to create a post-TSA walkway, connecting the North and South terminals.

https://go.boarddocs.com/vt/burlingtonv ... ission.pdf

Interesting. So not quite a TSA consolidation, but I wonder if they could or would only staff one screening location at slow times?

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 30, 2019 5:51 pm

I am sure the plan is to have different hours long term. You only need one way to get thru security at slow times. Just a few less hours each week can be a huge help to have more people at peak times or when low staffing issues. BTV is quite expensive. I have seen TSA ads up at the airport saying they need screeners now.

I see this as a really big win for people on delayed flights etc. The stores/restuarants will have it easier to keep just one open for delays too. $300,000 is pretty small price compared to the wins i see as a user of that airport.

B595

Fri May 31, 2019 3:55 am

btvhopper wrote:

Still trying to figure out how they're going to do this. For long-term aesthetic and logistic purposes, the hallway should probably go right along the windows of the terminal. But that would mean eliminating a good chunk (at least) of the airport offices and conference rooms. On the other hand, if they just try to repurpose the existing hallway, they'll have to wall-off the area to the right of where the existing escalator empties onto the 2nd floor, and they'll have the awkward situation with the airport offices being behind security. :scratchchin: Whatever they're thinking, it can't be too ambitious for only 300k.

I also truly hope they preserve the observation tower access. That is a rare experience these days and it's a great family attraction that gives kids (and even some adults like yours truly) a little bit of excitement to make the time pass.

Blueknows

Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 am

So the long term plan for Btv is to have 1 central security checkpoint. Yes they are going to get rid of the conference rooms. Ow no BTV might be turning into a real airport. Contrary to popular belief airports are not Rec centers. Btv has been underwater for awhile. This due to horrible facilities and horrible terminal layout. They are applying for more FAA money to upgrade terminal. It would just be cheaper to start over from scratch.

Blueknows

Fri May 31, 2019 9:05 am

The hotel at Btv will break ground this fall. This will make up for lost conference rooms at terminal. The problem is BTV is a city run airport. They need to let a real airport facilities company run the operation. This would allow a wheelchair service and more amenities (restaurants/stores, etc.)

BTVB6Flyer

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:01 am

So I have moved from Vermont post-highschool, but still actively follow BTV and still have family up there.

For those in the know, where is BTV on future expansion? I know they have the hotel which has been some years in the works, but terminal wise, airline wise anything? If F9 sticks and add more routes and if B6 stays and the mainline flights stay, terminal seems to be a bit crowded. F9 has a lot of potential, not to mention Porter coming back and helming if WN would ever give us a shot, granted B6 is in the mix now as leaving or staying.

B595

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:55 am

Blueknows wrote:
Contrary to popular belief airports are not Rec centers.

They shouldn't be faceless Russian apartment blocks, either. There are a lot of "recreational" expenses that help make for a favorable visitor impression: The adirondack rocking chairs, the ceiling art in the old USAir part of the terminal, the wood paneling in the check-in area, and yes, the observation tower, ...

BTW, for anyone that missed it, the Free Press has a nice video of the Hill AFB F35s that dropped in unscheduled:

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/videos/news/2019/05/31/f-35-fighter-jets-take-off-burlington-international-airport-vermont/1296960001

BTVB6Flyer

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:34 am

DL's Summer season starts 6/8.

Changes from 1x 717, to 2x (737 and CR9).

I'll be on the 737 on the 11th. Somehow my first true mainline to/from BTV from the Big 3.

mjgbtv

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:44 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
So I have moved from Vermont post-highschool, but still actively follow BTV and still have family up there.

For those in the know, where is BTV on future expansion? I know they have the hotel which has been some years in the works, but terminal wise, airline wise anything? If F9 sticks and add more routes and if B6 stays and the mainline flights stay, terminal seems to be a bit crowded. F9 has a lot of potential, not to mention Porter coming back and helming if WN would ever give us a shot, granted B6 is in the mix now as leaving or staying.

With F9 starting MCO and DEN I think the only big remaining item on the wishlist is BOS. Anything beyond that would be something of a surprise to me. Another F9 less than daily destination seems most likely, or possibly Porter coming back.

I would also be surprised if there are big terminal changes. This connection thing seemed to come out of nowhere. I think the current long-term plan is to expand the South concourse southward to add more gates, but I haven't seen any discussion of that actually happening. My impression is that most of the crowding is during the early morning rush, but additional service from F9 would not affect that since their flights are more in the middle of the day.

uconn99

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:31 pm

A321NEO service on EI DUB-BDL will start in August.

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
From Dublin, AerLingus A321neo LR to serve Hartford from 02AUG19 (moved back from 15AUG19), Newark from 13FEB20, Washington Dulles from 29OCT19, Philadelphia from 01NOV19

CairnterriAIR

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 pm

uconn99 wrote:

From Dublin, AerLingus A321neo LR to serve Hartford from 02AUG19 (moved back from 15AUG19), Newark from 13FEB20, Washington Dulles from 29OCT19, Philadelphia from 01NOV19

A nice modern updated aircraft for that route which no doubt will be well received by the public. But it will also be farewell to the last passenger 757 operation out of BDL. The aircraft has a long history with the airport way back to the early to mid 80’s with EA, DL, UA, NW, AA, EI, and US all having operated it. At one time you could see quite a few at the gates at the same time.

B595

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:11 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

I'll be on the 737 on the 11th. Somehow my first true mainline to/from BTV from the Big 3.

Most people probably wouldn't give a 737-700 a second glance. After all, Southwest operates 500+. But the DL 737-700 is a very rare bird, with only 10 in the fleet. A smaller subfleet than their A359s (13), their 753s (16), and even their A220 (13), and on par with their 772LR (10). DL apparently felt they needed a handful for airports where the performance is useful, like EYW, MEX, and MDW. Kind of an interesting twist of scheduling that BTV is seeing them again this summer when there are so many more A319s and 717s in the DL fleet.

uconn99

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:10 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

A nice modern updated aircraft for that route which no doubt will be well received by the public. But it will also be farewell to the last passenger 757 operation out of BDL. The aircraft has a long history with the airport way back to the early to mid 80’s with EA, DL, UA, NW, AA, EI, and US all having operated it. At one time you could see quite a few at the gates at the same time.

I agree it will be sad to see the 757 leave. Just last weekend before my flight back to VA, I went to the end of runway 24 to see the EI 757 take off. It is such a nice looking bird and the engines sure do give a roar! After all my years of flying in/out of BDL, I believe my only 757 flight was on EI BDL-DUB in the summer of 2017.

mjgbtv

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 am

B595 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Most people probably wouldn't give a 737-700 a second glance. After all, Southwest operates 500+. But the DL 737-700 is a very rare bird, with only 10 in the fleet. A smaller subfleet than their A359s (13), their 753s (16), and even their A220 (13), and on par with their 772LR (10). DL apparently felt they needed a handful for airports where the performance is useful, like EYW, MEX, and MDW. Kind of an interesting twist of scheduling that BTV is seeing them again this summer when there are so many more A319s and 717s in the DL fleet.

Will this be the first time DL has used the 737 (any variant) at BTV? I only recall the MD, 717 and A319/320. Maybe there has been an odd one or two subbing, but I don't recall anything regular.

EK77WNH

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm

B595 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

I agree about the ‘smallness’ of the DL 737-700 fleet. I was on N309DE last fall up to MHT and was glad to add it to my list. Sadly, I use MHT less and less. I’m in Shanghai at the moment and suffice to say I started my journey in Boston. But not the route you’d expect: Air Canada 787-9 from Montreal and then returning via Toronto, also on a 789.

Fex180

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:31 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
B595 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Will this be the first time DL has used the 737 (any variant) at BTV? I only recall the MD, 717 and A319/320. Maybe there has been an odd one or two subbing, but I don't recall anything regular.

I'm also curious about when the last MD-88/90s will fly into BTV/PWM/MHT/PVD . I know DL has exclusively maddogs for PWM-ATL through December, (although they were using a 320 for April and May) and I'm curious whether that route will be upgauged to a 321 or 739. At the rate DL is retiring the maddogs I would imagine they'll be gone from New England this time next year.

B595

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:10 am

mjgbtv wrote:

I'm 99% certain the -700 has been used previously for short stints. Not an odd subbing, but also not the long stretches of time that we're seeing in summer '19. Somewhere in between. Right now is one of those occasions I wish I was more meticulous in keeping records (or had paid access to flightaware archives).

EK77WNH wrote:
[I agree about the ‘smallness’ of the DL 737-700 fleet. I was on N309DE last fall up to MHT and was glad to add it to my list. Sadly, I use MHT less and less. I’m in Shanghai at the moment and suffice to say I started my journey in Boston. But not the route you’d expect: Air Canada 787-9 from Montreal and then returning via Toronto, also on a 789.

So that's where chrisNH went :biggrin:. Glad you're still around, I've always enjoyed your contributions.

I think YUL is gaining visibility in the intercontinental connection game. I just had a colleague fly west coast-YUL-Europe (probably on a UA code-share).

Fex180 wrote:
I'm also curious about when the last MD-88/90s will fly into BTV/PWM/MHT/PVD.

Well, BTV has an MD88 scheduled again for a short while in the fall. I just spot checked and found one for a couple dates in October, but it's back to the 717 by Nov.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos