MO11
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:36 pm

btvhopper wrote:
What exactly is going on at PHL?

Looking at the schedule they have loaded for BTV through '19-'20 winter season though I see AA is back up to 6x daily with 3x daily E190 mainline (right now and through this summer BTV-PHL is down to 4-5x daily E145/175 mix).



The legacy carriers have 330 days of schedules loaded (continuously). But the schedules are only good for 60-90 days out from now, if that. Certainly, anything after the summer peak schedule is subject to change.
 
mjgbtv
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 am

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:12 pm

btvhopper wrote:
What exactly is going on at PHL?

It's obviously very important for our Northern New England airports so I was very concerned to see cut after cut (frequency reductions and/or downguaging) over the last couple of months through the summer. Looking at the schedule they have loaded for BTV through '19-'20 winter season though I see AA is back up to 6x daily with 3x daily E190 mainline (right now and through this summer BTV-PHL is down to 4-5x daily E145/175 mix).

Is this because of construction and/or gate constraints at the main AA terminals, so they rout regionals wait out to that far terminal (Terminal F) which is ground-level so I assume the jet bridges aren't large enough to handle E190's? But if that's the case, then I would assume E175's would need the size jet bridge, or can they use smaller because they're lower to the ground due to smaller engines?

Either way, just seems odd to have nearly double the capacity next winter as they do this coming summer. It'd be different if AA added capacity to CLT or DCA to make up for the PHL cuts, but they haven't.


Maybe related to the ramp work at BTV? AA seems to have fewer gates available at the south end where they have moved temporarily.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 2987
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:50 pm

AA seems to be way down for all NE airports this summer. PVD-PHL is running 6x, 3 mainline in May but 5x 1 mainline in June. BDL-PHL in June is 5x, 2 of which are 50-seaters, PWM actually has more capacity to DCA than PHL.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
btvhopper
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:31 pm

BTV's March numbers are out. Encouraging overall with +15.4% PAX growth YOY and enplanements are up 7.8% YOY YTD. Frontier is not having the impact I would've hoped for (only about 2k enplanements) but they were only running the 2x weekly A320's for most of March. I think it might not have been til April when the added the third A321 frequency.

B6 had the month they needed, +22% YOY and a load factor that should be in the neighborhood of 88%. This signals B6 is ready to compete with F9, which was the biggest initial worry for BTV boosters.

https://www.boarddocs.com/vt/burlington ... istics.pdf
 
PVDspotting
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 am

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:40 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
AA seems to be way down for all NE airports this summer. PVD-PHL is running 6x, 3 mainline in May but 5x 1 mainline in June. BDL-PHL in June is 5x, 2 of which are 50-seaters, PWM actually has more capacity to DCA than PHL.

Does the MAX grounding maybe have something to do with it? I know PVD sees E190s and A319s. Maybe AA had to shift capacity around and using the A319s on other routes and not enough E190s to go around?
 
paysonmt77
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Looking at July 15, I looked at seat count for that date for several airports in New England for AA to PHL.
PWM -5 flights 3 175s, 1 320, 1 145 total avg. 464 seats per day
MHT- 6 flights 5 145, 1 175 total avg 328 seats per day
BTV 5 flights 3 145, 2 175 total avg 306 seats per day
BGR 5 flights 4 145, 1 175 total avg 278 seats per day
PVD 5 flights 2 175, 1 700, 1 320, 1 319 total avg 566 seats per day
 
Fex180
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:47 pm

btvhopper wrote:
B6 had the month they needed, +22% YOY and a load factor that should be in the neighborhood of 88%. This signals B6 is ready to compete with F9, which was the biggest initial worry for BTV boosters.

https://www.boarddocs.com/vt/burlington ... istics.pdf


I wouldn't say BTV is in the clear yet with B6. It seems that JetBlue's long term route network changes could put BTV on the same path as PWM. But any up numbers are good news.
 
paysonmt77
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 pm

PWM has its passenger numbers out thru March 31st. Jan - March 2019 total passengers 408,204 vs 348,581 in 2018. An increase of 59,623. If this trend continues, 2019 will break 2018 total passenger numbers. In the past years, winter has been a slower time compared to summer at the Jetport. Its good to see this trend of increased traffic in Jan, Feb, Mar. This can be contributed to Frontier. B6 who?? see what happens when they come back for a short stint starting June 13 ending in October.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 2987
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm

paysonmt77 wrote:
Looking at July 15, I looked at seat count for that date for several airports in New England for AA to PHL.
PWM -5 flights 3 175s, 1 320, 1 145 total avg. 464 seats per day
MHT- 6 flights 5 145, 1 175 total avg 328 seats per day
BTV 5 flights 3 145, 2 175 total avg 306 seats per day
BGR 5 flights 4 145, 1 175 total avg 278 seats per day
PVD 5 flights 2 175, 1 700, 1 320, 1 319 total avg 566 seats per day


I think July is still somewhat dummy... compare May 9 vs June 20
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
Fex180
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:48 pm

paysonmt77 wrote:
PWM has its passenger numbers out thru March 31st. Jan - March 2019 total passengers 408,204 vs 348,581 in 2018. An increase of 59,623. If this trend continues, 2019 will break 2018 total passenger numbers. In the past years, winter has been a slower time compared to summer at the Jetport. Its good to see this trend of increased traffic in Jan, Feb, Mar. This can be contributed to Frontier. B6 who?? see what happens when they come back for a short stint starting June 13 ending in October.


I would guess most of the winter growth is F9. By all accounts the Florida flights have been very popular. The RSW and MCO flights are routinely done with 321's.

also looks like PWM-MCO is being flown 4x weekly through the summer.
 
btvhopper
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:53 am

Frontier added a fourth frequency to BTV-DEN on Saturdays for the summer. It starts literally the same day (June 8th) as UA’s DEN service starts.
 
BTVB6Flyer
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:10 am

btvhopper wrote:
Frontier added a fourth frequency to BTV-DEN on Saturdays for the summer. It starts literally the same day (June 8th) as UA’s DEN service starts.


I did my by best to support my old state airport BTV by booking BTV-DEN. Got it for $99 one-way. Did it as a add-on back to Tampa and did it mainly to fulfill a new route from BTV. All that I'm missing is CLT. Historically (2000+) missing BOS, MSP, CVG.

I really hope BTV does well for F9. I have been begging for it for a while, mainly because I think they are also the only airline that will ever offer BTV-TPA non-stop. I think TPA is next for BTV and/or RSW.
 
Fex180
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:37 pm

btvhopper wrote:
Frontier added a fourth frequency to BTV-DEN on Saturdays for the summer. It starts literally the same day (June 8th) as UA’s DEN service starts.


It's amazing how much lift both BTV and PWM have to Denver now. F9 PWM-DEN is 6x weekly for most of the summer in addition to UA's weekend service. Impressive given that neither of these airports at any lift to Denver this time last year
 
F9LASDEN
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Fex180 wrote:
btvhopper wrote:
Frontier added a fourth frequency to BTV-DEN on Saturdays for the summer. It starts literally the same day (June 8th) as UA’s DEN service starts.


It's amazing how much lift both BTV and PWM have to Denver now. F9 PWM-DEN is 6x weekly for most of the summer in addition to UA's weekend service. Impressive given that neither of these airports at any lift to Denver this time last year


I also find it interesting that in the past two years, F9 has gone from no New England service at all to serving six different airports in the region (PVD/PWM/BDL/PSM/BTV/BOS), five of six they serve from DEN (all except PSM).
Spirit of the West...A Whole Different Animal...Low Fares Done Right
 
btvhopper
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 am

    Fex180 wrote:
    btvhopper wrote:
    Frontier added a fourth frequency to BTV-DEN on Saturdays for the summer. It starts literally the same day (June 8th) as UA’s DEN service starts.


    It's amazing how much lift both BTV and PWM have to Denver now. F9 PWM-DEN is 6x weekly for most of the summer in addition to UA's weekend service. Impressive given that neither of these airports at any lift to Denver this time last year


    Quite a turnaround indeed. I just hope they stimulate demand since both BTV and PWM are such small markets. That said, there’s still plenty of leakage to BOS that can be brought in.

    Where are you seeing 6x weekly for F9 on PWM-DEN? I’m only seeing the M-W-F 3x loaded on their schedule for the entire summer.
     
    Fex180
    Posts: 207
    Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

    Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

    Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:50 pm

    btvhopper wrote:
      Fex180 wrote:
      btvhopper wrote:
      Frontier added a fourth frequency to BTV-DEN on Saturdays for the summer. It starts literally the same day (June 8th) as UA’s DEN service starts.


      It's amazing how much lift both BTV and PWM have to Denver now. F9 PWM-DEN is 6x weekly for most of the summer in addition to UA's weekend service. Impressive given that neither of these airports at any lift to Denver this time last year


      Quite a turnaround indeed. I just hope they stimulate demand since both BTV and PWM are such small markets. That said, there’s still plenty of leakage to BOS that can be brought in.

      Where are you seeing 6x weekly for F9 on PWM-DEN? I’m only seeing the M-W-F 3x loaded on their schedule for the entire summer.


      it looks like the schedule recently updated. I had checked back in January and it was showing 6x weekly to PWM through the summer, but now it's either 3 or 4 x weekly.

      PWM-MCO is going to be entirely run with 321's through the summer, Sun-Tues-Wed-Thurs, slightly weird days.
      PWM-RDU is also 3 x weekly Mon-Wed-Fri, I'm surprised this route is coming back.
       
      B595
      Posts: 194
      Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:52 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:56 am

      DL 767-400 scheduled for BTV on Monday. Looks like another National Guard charter, given where it's going (Alexandria, LA). Think it'll be the first 764 flight op at BTV.

      https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KMSP/KBTV
       
      BTVB6Flyer
      Posts: 465
      Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 2:53 am

      Anyone able to snag any photos from inaugural BTV-DEN F9 flight?

      Curious to the loads on this route as well.
       
      B595
      Posts: 194
      Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:52 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 3:51 am

      And on the day of F9's inaugural DEN-BTV flight, UA starts dumping a 737-900 on ORD-BTV. Sheer coincidence, I'm sure :scratchchin: The ice just went out on Lake Champlain, seems a little early for summertime capacity like the 737-900.
       
      Blueknows
      Posts: 228
      Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 1:03 pm

      B6 will be at gate 6 in BTV till November. Then move back to gate 15. The airport is finishing up gate and taxiway construction. They are also building new car wash facility for rentals and a holding area off taxiway for planes with future deicing pad planned there aswell
       
      paysonmt77
      Posts: 51
      Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 6:08 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 pm

      MHT March numbers are out. Not much to write home about. Numbers are still down...143,041 March 2019 vs 150,733 March 2018. down 5%
      SWA is continuing to slide downwards each month. 72,221 vs 79,699 (2018) down 9% from last year. Feb numbers 118,438 vs 132,141(2018) down 10%...SWA 66,946 vs 72,127(2018)...these numbers are not good and I expect shifting of lift to other airports in coming months unless numbers starting to climb especially for SWA. I was very surprised with Feb and March Vacationers using alternative airports. Could PSM be the culprit?
       
      Fex180
      Posts: 207
      Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 6:36 pm

      paysonmt77 wrote:
      MHT March numbers are out. Not much to write home about. Numbers are still down...143,041 March 2019 vs 150,733 March 2018. down 5%
      SWA is continuing to slide downwards each month. 72,221 vs 79,699 (2018) down 9% from last year. Feb numbers 118,438 vs 132,141(2018) down 10%...SWA 66,946 vs 72,127(2018)...these numbers are not good and I expect shifting of lift to other airports in coming months unless numbers starting to climb especially for SWA. I was very surprised with Feb and March Vacationers using alternative airports. Could PSM be the culprit?


      This is partially a rhetorical question , but what is MHT doing wrong? Every other airport in New England is growing in both PAX numbers and level of service. MHT isn't a "bad" airport by any means, it's easily accessible from 293, has a modern terminal, and has 2+ million people living within an hour's drive of it. Surely that would make it at least somewhat attractive to airlines seeking expansion. I know that proximity to Boston is both a blessing and a curse, and that MHT's administration has been quite inept over the past few years. But it seems remarkably strange to me that MHT has continued to decline year after year. 10 years ago it would have been unimaginable to assume that PWM would someday be larger than MHT, and yet the Jetport is already on track to beat Manchester again for 2019.
       
      btvhopper
      Posts: 62
      Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 pm

      B595 wrote:
      And on the day of F9's inaugural DEN-BTV flight, UA starts dumping a 737-900 on ORD-BTV. Sheer coincidence, I'm sure :scratchchin: The ice just went out on Lake Champlain, seems a little early for summertime capacity like the 737-900.


      To be fair the 737-900 you speak of looks like it came from 1972. It doesn't even have UA branding (Continental). So the "upgrade" from an A319 might just be the result of jet availability rather than strategic seat capacity additions.
       
      Portlander
      Posts: 84
      Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 12:57 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 6:44 pm

      I think it's a mix of both Portsmouth and Worcester due to the close proximity. Not seeing many NH plates at PWM so I don't think there is much leakage heading north, maybe a few from the Rochester/Dover area. It's possible that travelers from Lowell, Lawrence, and Haverhill who used to be loyal to MHT are now using ORH and BOS more often?
       
      Fex180
      Posts: 207
      Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 6:48 pm

      Portlander wrote:
      I think it's a mix of both Portsmouth and Worcester due to the close proximity. Not seeing many NH plates at PWM so I don't think there is much leakage heading north, maybe a few from the Rochester/Dover area. It's possible that travelers from Lowell, Lawrence, and Haverhill who used to be loyal to MHT are now using ORH and BOS more often?


      On the contrary, I see quite a few NH and even MA plates at PWM these days, I assume many are coming from either the seacoast area or the Conway / Berlin area
       
      BTVB6Flyer
      Posts: 465
      Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 pm

      btvhopper wrote:
      B595 wrote:
      And on the day of F9's inaugural DEN-BTV flight, UA starts dumping a 737-900 on ORD-BTV. Sheer coincidence, I'm sure :scratchchin: The ice just went out on Lake Champlain, seems a little early for summertime capacity like the 737-900.


      To be fair the 737-900 you speak of looks like it came from 1972. It doesn't even have UA branding (Continental). So the "upgrade" from an A319 might just be the result of jet availability rather than strategic seat capacity additions.


      Flightaware showing it a 739 for next couple of days, probably won't be same aircraft.

      That said what's the next mainline station BTV sees? I think CLT is next logical addition.

      Also I know BTV is all in on BOS, but I would prefer a MSP flight with DL.
       
      Fex180
      Posts: 207
      Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

      BTVB6Flyer wrote:

      Also I know BTV is all in on BOS, but I would prefer a MSP flight with DL.


      I think MSP - PVD / PWM / BTV is foreseeable as a summer seasonal route.
       
      PVDspotting
      Posts: 33
      Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 10:20 pm

      btvhopper wrote:
      B595 wrote:
      And on the day of F9's inaugural DEN-BTV flight, UA starts dumping a 737-900 on ORD-BTV. Sheer coincidence, I'm sure :scratchchin: The ice just went out on Lake Champlain, seems a little early for summertime capacity like the 737-900.


      To be fair the 737-900 you speak of looks like it came from 1972. It doesn't even have UA branding (Continental). So the "upgrade" from an A319 might just be the result of jet availability rather than strategic seat capacity additions.

      That's because that plane is painted in the Continental Retro Livery - N75435. Not some old Continental picked out of a scrapyard lol.
       
      slcdeltarumd11
      Posts: 4317
      Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 pm

      I only see 15 empty seats on the BTV-ORD segment today. The 739 is alot larger than a 319. Looks like there was a need for extra seats, so it kind of worked out today.
       
      mjgbtv
      Posts: 986
      Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 02, 2019 11:38 pm

      slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
      I only see 15 empty seats on the BTV-ORD segment today. The 739 is alot larger than a 319. Looks like there was a need for extra seats, so it kind of worked out today.


      UA was not flying any mainline to BTV in April, and I don't think May is that much better for traffic, so maybe there is a frequency cut to go along with the 739?
       
      reednavy
      Posts: 11
      Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:01 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Fri May 03, 2019 12:43 am

      mjgbtv wrote:
      slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
      I only see 15 empty seats on the BTV-ORD segment today. The 739 is alot larger than a 319. Looks like there was a need for extra seats, so it kind of worked out today.


      UA was not flying any mainline to BTV in April, and I don't think May is that much better for traffic, so maybe there is a frequency cut to go along with the 739?

      I'm seeing 4x daily BTV-ORD through June and actually goes up to two mainline 737-700s in the latter part of June. So if anything, it's capacity increasing I'm seeing for the foreseeable future.
       
      uconn99
      Posts: 321
      Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Sun May 05, 2019 10:48 pm

      Since its been a rainy day here in the DC area, I popped open Flight Radar 24 and checked out departures by a/c type for today (Sunday, May 5th) out of BDL, PVD, PWM, MHT, and BTV. For the most part this info should be correct, I may be off a bit on PWM as I am unsure of the Elite flights and may be missing some cargo flights.


      BDL- Bradley International

      Total Departures: 92
      Mainline Departures: 65 (76% of pax flights)
      Regional Departures: 21 (67% of regional flights have 1st class)
      Cargo Departures: 6

      MD90- 8
      A319- 5
      A320- 17
      A321- 3
      737- 13
      738- 12
      739- 4
      757- 2 (1 pax, 1 cargo)
      767- 5
      E145- 1
      E175- 7
      E190- 2
      CRJ- 3
      CR7- 4
      CR9- 3
      DH8- 3

      PVD - T.F. Green Airport

      Total Departures: 59
      Mainline Departures: 33 (56% of pax flights)
      Regional Departures: 26 (65% of regional flights have 1st class)

      MD88- 2
      MD90- 1
      A319- 3
      A320- 9
      A321- 2
      737- 11
      738- 5
      E145- 7
      E175- 5
      CRJ- 2
      CR7- 6
      CR9- 6

      PWM- Portland International Jetport

      Total Departures: 37
      Mainline Departures: 8 (21.62% of pax flights)
      Regional Departures: 29 (62% of regional flights have 1st class)

      MD88- 1
      A319- 2
      A321- 1
      712- 1
      737- 3
      E145- 5
      E170- 3
      E175- 7
      CRJ- 7
      CR7- 2
      CR9- 6

      BTV- Burlington International Airportt

      Total Departures: 31
      Mainline Departures: 4 (13% of pax flights)
      Regional Departures: 27 (41% of regional flights have 1st class)

      712- 1
      E145- 7
      E175- 5
      E190- 3
      CRJ- 9
      CR7- 1
      CR9- 5

      MHT- Manchester Boston Regional Airport

      Total Departures: 31
      Mainline Departures: 11 (39% of pax flights)
      Regional Departures: 29 (71% of regional flights have 1st class)
      Cargo Departures- 3

      737- 6
      767- 1
      738- 4
      A320- 1
      A306- 2
      E145- 5
      E175- 2
      CR7- 3
      CR9- 7
       
      uconn99
      Posts: 321
      Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Mon May 06, 2019 12:53 am

      Departures by Airline-

      BDL- Bradley International

      AA- 25 (13 mainline, 12 regional)
      WN- 17
      DL- 15 (12 mainline, 3 regional)
      B6- 9
      UA- 9 (5 mainline, 4 regional)
      NK- 4
      F9- 3
      AC- 3
      EI- 1


      PVD- T.F. Green Airport

      AA- 20 (7 mainline, 13 regional)
      WN- 14
      UA- 9 (9 regional)
      DL- 6 (3 mainline, 3 regional)
      B6- 3
      F9- 2
      G4- 1
      SY- 1
       
      User avatar
      VS4ever
      Posts: 2007
      Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Sun May 12, 2019 2:38 pm

      This weeks OAG changes for the area

      B6 ACK-HPN SEP 0.1>0.7[0]
      B6 BDL-PBI SEP 1.0>1.4[1.0] OCT 1.0>1.4[1.0]
      *D8 DUB-PVD NOV 0>0.6[1.0] DEC 0>0.6[1.0] JAN 0>0.6[0.8] FEB 0>0.6[0.8]
      G4 PSM-SAV NOV 0.1>0.3[0]
      G4 PVD-SAV NOV 0.1>0.3[0]
      That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
       
      Blueknows
      Posts: 228
      Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 pm

      BTV UA will always have seasonal mainline flights. UA operate mainline flights for NO longer then 6 months .They have to hire mainline UA employees per union if they do. So UA change flight numbers and AC. They just don’t want to pay for mainline employees
       
      User avatar
      Jouhou
      Posts: 1909
      Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm

      Fex180 wrote:
      Portlander wrote:
      I think it's a mix of both Portsmouth and Worcester due to the close proximity. Not seeing many NH plates at PWM so I don't think there is much leakage heading north, maybe a few from the Rochester/Dover area. It's possible that travelers from Lowell, Lawrence, and Haverhill who used to be loyal to MHT are now using ORH and BOS more often?


      On the contrary, I see quite a few NH and even MA plates at PWM these days, I assume many are coming from either the seacoast area or the Conway / Berlin area


      Portland is convenient to the Conway area, but Its extremely inconvenient to the seacoast area. We have PSM for cheap flights to florida and a direct bus to Logan. No bus to PWM.

      I should also add that with the C&J bus service BOS is more convenient than MHT as well since they are approximately the same distance. MHT could only attract people from the seacoast area by offering better prices, which they don't anymore.
       
      uconn99
      Posts: 321
      Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Tue May 14, 2019 10:41 pm

      After 2 months of flat growth, March turned into a decent month for BDL, possibly the strongest month ever for B6. Through the 1st quarter of 2019, BDL is up 2.8% over 2018.


      March 2019 Bradley International Airport Passengers-

      Total Passengers-

      March 2019- 582,840 +5.9%
      March 2018- 548,408


      Domestic by Airline March 2019 / Percentage Increase/Decrease from 2018-

      American- 138,797 +1.05%
      Southwest- 127,116 (1.19%)
      Delta- 103,141 +3.70%
      jetBlue- 92,992 +28.3%
      United- 53,857 +12.2%
      Spirit- 53,454 +4.98%
      Frontier- 620

      International by Airline March 2019-

      March 2019 total International- 10,163

      Aer Lingus- 4,746 +4.10%
      Air Canada- 3,729 (5.43%)
      Delta (CUN flight)- 1,688 +33.4%
       
      CairnterriAIR
      Posts: 628
      Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Wed May 15, 2019 12:05 am

      uconn99 wrote:
      After 2 months of flat growth, March turned into a decent month for BDL, possibly the strongest month ever for B6. Through the 1st quarter of 2019, BDL is up 2.8% over 2018.


      March 2019 Bradley International Airport Passengers-

      Total Passengers-

      March 2019- 582,840 +5.9%
      March 2018- 548,408


      Domestic by Airline March 2019 / Percentage Increase/Decrease from 2018-

      American- 138,797 +1.05%
      Southwest- 127,116 (1.19%)
      Delta- 103,141 +3.70%
      jetBlue- 92,992 +28.3%
      United- 53,857 +12.2%
      Spirit- 53,454 +4.98%
      Frontier- 620

      International by Airline March 2019-

      March 2019 total International- 10,163

      Aer Lingus- 4,746 +4.10%
      Air Canada- 3,729 (5.43%)
      Delta (CUN flight)- 1,688 +33.4%

      That Delta CUN Flight always seems to be hauling serious passengers. Perhaps it’s time to operate more than once a week?
       
      uconn99
      Posts: 321
      Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Wed May 15, 2019 12:34 am

      CairnterriAIR wrote:
      uconn99 wrote:
      After 2 months of flat growth, March turned into a decent month for BDL, possibly the strongest month ever for B6. Through the 1st quarter of 2019, BDL is up 2.8% over 2018.


      March 2019 Bradley International Airport Passengers-

      Total Passengers-

      March 2019- 582,840 +5.9%
      March 2018- 548,408


      Domestic by Airline March 2019 / Percentage Increase/Decrease from 2018-

      American- 138,797 +1.05%
      Southwest- 127,116 (1.19%)
      Delta- 103,141 +3.70%
      jetBlue- 92,992 +28.3%
      United- 53,857 +12.2%
      Spirit- 53,454 +4.98%
      Frontier- 620

      International by Airline March 2019-

      March 2019 total International- 10,163

      Aer Lingus- 4,746 +4.10%
      Air Canada- 3,729 (5.43%)
      Delta (CUN flight)- 1,688 +33.4%

      That Delta CUN Flight always seems to be hauling serious passengers. Perhaps it’s time to operate more than once a week?


      I was thinking the same, the flight is a 738/739 most days but maybe another carrier like WN or NK would try 1x weekly as well. I still think Jamaica is the next international location, maybe B6 or NK would take a shot.
       
      User avatar
      VS4ever
      Posts: 2007
      Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 pm

      https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R3gpK ... p=drivesdk
      Hopefully this works, this snap was taken on the bbc.com which for those who don’t know is one of the main tv channels in the UK, so advertising ORH-PHL is interesting indeed.
      That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
       
      RL757PVD
      Posts: 2987
      Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 16, 2019 3:03 pm

      VS4ever wrote:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R3gpKsZHhBmQARbd3SU_ovic6zEd4_T/view?usp=drivesdk
      Hopefully this works, this snap was taken on the bbc.com which for those who don’t know is one of the main tv channels in the UK, so advertising ORH-PHL is interesting indeed.


      Thats probably a function of your cookies and ads vs anything to do with BBC.
      Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
       
      Fex180
      Posts: 207
      Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

      VS4ever wrote:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R3gpKsZHhBmQARbd3SU_ovic6zEd4_T/view?usp=drivesdk
      Hopefully this works, this snap was taken on the bbc.com which for those who don’t know is one of the main tv channels in the UK, so advertising ORH-PHL is interesting indeed.


      Just a function of your cookies / search history. I get targeted adds for PWM routes all the time, mostly from AA and F9.
       
      User avatar
      VS4ever
      Posts: 2007
      Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 pm

      Fex180 wrote:
      VS4ever wrote:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R3gpKsZHhBmQARbd3SU_ovic6zEd4_T/view?usp=drivesdk
      Hopefully this works, this snap was taken on the bbc.com which for those who don’t know is one of the main tv channels in the UK, so advertising ORH-PHL is interesting indeed.


      Just a function of your cookies / search history. I get targeted adds for PWM routes all the time, mostly from AA and F9.


      Understood, my point was more about AA actually marketing the route, at least shows they are trying something.
      That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
       
      Fex180
      Posts: 207
      Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Thu May 16, 2019 6:54 pm

      VS4ever wrote:
      Fex180 wrote:
      VS4ever wrote:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/13R3gpKsZHhBmQARbd3SU_ovic6zEd4_T/view?usp=drivesdk
      Hopefully this works, this snap was taken on the bbc.com which for those who don’t know is one of the main tv channels in the UK, so advertising ORH-PHL is interesting indeed.


      Just a function of your cookies / search history. I get targeted adds for PWM routes all the time, mostly from AA and F9.


      Understood, my point was more about AA actually marketing the route, at least shows they are trying something.


      Actually looks like it's the airport marketing the route, just with AA branding at the top. Pretty normal either way.
       
      airlineworker
      Posts: 54
      Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:20 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 am

      AA is dropping the two daily ORH-PHL flights for one flight four days a week, I don't see that lasting and DL later this year will offer one daily flight to DTW. Miss that one flight or a cancellation will mean going back home and coming back tomorrow. It won't last either.
       
      CairnterriAIR
      Posts: 628
      Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Fri May 17, 2019 10:53 am

      airlineworker wrote:
      AA is dropping the two daily ORH-PHL flights for one flight four days a week, I don't see that lasting and DL later this year will offer one daily flight to DTW. Miss that one flight or a cancellation will mean going back home and coming back tomorrow. It won't last either.

      These flights are pretty much compensation to Massport for preferred gate space at Logan. They want good treatment at Boston, they have to fly to Worcester, even if just token service.
       
      Blueknows
      Posts: 228
      Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Fri May 17, 2019 11:14 am

      B6 flies ORH-JFK. Massport made and earn with B6. They said if B6 wanted some extra GaTES in LOGAN, they would have to add ORH-JFK. Devil in the details
       
      airbazar
      Posts: 9426
      Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm

      Jouhou wrote:
      I should also add that with the C&J bus service BOS is more convenient than MHT as well since they are approximately the same distance. MHT could only attract people from the seacoast area by offering better prices, which they don't anymore.

      As someone who lives in the Haverhill/Plaistow area and has taken the C&J bus once from the Newburyport park&ride the convenience factor is directly related to how close you live to the bus stop and how your flight schedule coincides with the bus schedule because the bus only runs once per hour and it's really inconvenient to have to wait that long after arriving. That's why I switched to the Logan Express which is more expensive but far more convenient knowing that the most I will ever have to wait is 30 minutes.
      CairnterriAIR wrote:
      These flights are pretty much compensation to Massport for preferred gate space at Logan. They want good treatment at Boston, they have to fly to Worcester, even if just token service.

      I never bought into that theory. They have their own terminal. What compensation are they looking for?
      Blueknows wrote:
      B6 flies ORH-JFK. Massport made and earn with B6. They said if B6 wanted some extra GaTES in LOGAN, they would have to add ORH-JFK. Devil in the details

      There is really no proof of that. Like AA, B6 has an entire terminal to themselves and they're nowhere near full utilization. In fact in the last few years it's Massport who has had to go begging B6 for gates in order to handle the overflowing international carriers at terminal E, not the other way around.
      I'm under no illusions that if the flights don't generate profits they would be dropped, just as AA is doing.
       
      User avatar
      VS4ever
      Posts: 2007
      Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 pm

      airlineworker wrote:
      AA is dropping the two daily ORH-PHL flights for one flight four days a week, I don't see that lasting and DL later this year will offer one daily flight to DTW. Miss that one flight or a cancellation will mean going back home and coming back tomorrow. It won't last either.


      Yet B6 have flown MCO and FLL once daily for a few years now and would have exactly the same issue, yet still there. You would have this situation at most smaller airports connecting to bigger ones, let's not forget in some cases like G4, service isn't even daily, yet the routes continue.

      Clearly something is up with AA, but you can't broadbrush their issues and relay it to another airline that now has 3 options daily and one that hasn't even started yet. ORH is in investment mode, Massport are ramping up their abilities, it's not quite if you build it they will come, but you have to give passengers something to come to. This is a long game for Massport and yes there may or may not be backroom deals to help out, but you have to start somewhere and that's what is happen.

      I was always curious why PHL was 2x when everyone else was 1x, maybe they are just realigning with that theory
      That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
       
      tphuang
      Posts: 2723
      Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

      Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) - 2019

      Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm

      There is no question B6 launched those ORH flights to stay in MassPort's good grace. I don't see how they get those 6 gates without the JFK flight. Right now, that flight is fight for traffic with Bolt bus passengers, so it's definitely haemorrhaging money. And I would imagine PHL/DTW are along the same line of keeping MassPort happy.

      If Massport ever gets control of MHT, it will finally get back some of the services it has lost!

      Popular Searches On Airliners.net

      Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

      Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

      Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

      Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

      Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

      Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

      Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

      Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

      Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

      Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

      Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

      Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

      Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

      Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

      Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos