Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DeltaRules
Topic Author

The Rest of Ohio - 2019

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:26 am

Welcome to the 2019 regional thread for aviation in Ohio (except CLE- more on that later). This is third "annual" thread we've had where we've been able to have an ongoing regional hub for the Buckeye State and I'd like to thank everyone for continuing to keep these going and active.

Taking a lap around the state, the Ohio airports with/which could have scheduled service we primarily chat in these threads include:
-CVG (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport)- DL Hub/Focus City, G4 & F9 Focus City, large DHL/soon-to-be major Amazon Air hub, PSA MX & crew base. (Yes, it's in Kentucky, but it's Cincinnati's airport. ;))
--LUK (Cincinnati Municipal Lunken Airport)- Home of Ultimate Air Shuttle.
-CMH (John Glenn Columbus International Airport)- Home of NetJets, Republic MX & crew base, Envoy MX base.
--LCK (Rickenbacker International Airport (Columbus))- Rapidly-developing international air cargo/logistics center, also served by G4.
-DAY (James M. Cox Dayton International Airport)- Home of PSA Airlines with a large MX and crew base, also houses an Air Wisconsin MX base.
-TOL (Toledo Express Airport)- Served by G4 and AA, gained service to CLT last year.
-CAK (Akron-Canton Airport)- Serves its own region and also acts as a secondary Cleveland airport.
-YNG (Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport)- No scheduled service now, but working on regaining passenger service.
-ILN (Wilmington Air Park)- Home of ABX/ATSG, dormant-but-soon-to-be-reactivated hub/sort facility for Amazon Air.
-HTS (Tri-State Airport, Huntington, WV)- Regional airport which serves southern Ohio, located across the Ohio River from Ironton.
-PKB (Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport, Parkersburg, WV)- EAS-served regional airport which serves Southeast Ohio and advertises itself as an airport for Marietta.

While CVG and CMH generate a good bit of the discussion, there's also talk in this thread about the smaller airports, and that's the intended beauty of these threads- a community stream to keep track of what's going on in and around the state. If you find something interesting about a non-commercially served airport, again, share it! In recent years, we've also "adopted" airports in West Virginia which are a stone's throw from Ohio (HTS and PKB).

Previous threads:
-2018- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382407&hilit=cle
-2017- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1351523
-Part 5- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=607803

The reason we don't specifically include CLE in this series of threads is they've long had their own discussion (and, if memory serves, theirs came first and this was a response/supplement to that for the other airports). The newest CLE thread isn't up as of the time of this post, but the 2018 (for the moment, current) one is here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382405&p=20967097&hilit=cle#p20967097 If you'd like to chat CLE here, however, feel free!

cvgComair

Re: The Rest of Ohio (CVG/LUK/CMH/LCK/DAY/TOL/CAK/YNG/ILN) 2019

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Happy New Years and thanks for a great 2018 in the previous forum! Time for CVG’s year in review (please add on anything important that I missed):

General events:
- Amazon purchases an additional 200 acres, bringing their facility to 1200 acres
- Amazon and DHL open office space in 77 Comair Blvd
- American Airlines moves to Concourse B
- Concessions in Concourse B begin refresh project
- Concourse A apron rehab begins
- Construction begins on CONRAC
- CVG lands first foreign TATL carrier since AF’s departure in 2007
- Delta A350 and A220 make visits to CVG
- Terminal modernization project completed

Additions in 2018:
- Amazon adds BDL/DEN/MSP/PDX
- AA goes 3x/day on MIA
- DHL adds YEG (was 1-stop), daily YVR, expanded domestic 747 usage
- DL adds AUS/PHX, SEA goes year round, expanded 737 pilot base
- F9 adds AUS/JAX/RDU/SJC/SAT
- G4 adds CHS/SRQ, resumes SJU
- UA adds 2x/DEN mainline, seasonal IAD/IAH mainline
- Vacation Express adds CZM/FPO
- WN adds DEN/PHX
- WW adds KEF

Reductions in 2018:
- Amazon cuts PVD
- DL cuts BNA/MKE/XNA, YYZ goes seasonal
- F9 cuts MIA/SJC (SAT tbd)
- G4 cuts BWI
- J1 cuts PIT
- WW cuts KEF

Looking forward to 2019 (or beyond with construction delays):
- 2050 master plan reports released
- Amazon begins construction
- Concourse B common-use lounge
- FEAM Aero maintenance facility at CVG
- Runway 09-27 widened to 200ft

- DL goes all mainline on DCA, CR9s on MCI/RDU
- F9 adds SFO/PUJ
- G4 goes double daily on VPS, various frequency increases
- Vacation Express adds SJD
- WN adds MCO

———————————————————————————————

My predictions for 2019:
- AA cuts JFK and/or LGA, adds PHX
- DL adds MSY, possibly SAN/SAT (reported that MEM/MKE/XNA could return less than daily in the summer, but I think it is very unlikely)
- F9 adds IAH/FLL or PBI
- G4 adds a couple routes from the likes of ORF/SAT/SAN/OAK/etc
- UA adds more mainline on IAD/IAH/ORD, possibly EWR
- WN adds LAS, expands DEN/MCO/PHX service
- At least one of AM (MEX), AS (SEA), B6 (BOS), NK (LAS/MCO/MYR), or WS (YYZ or YYC) enters

- UE adds LUK-BNA/MEM, possible return to CVG?

———————————————————————————————

That was really long, which shows what a great year it was for CVG. Route announcements are definitely slowing down, but capacity on all carriers should continue to increase regardless.

Looks like DL will be the big one to watch in 2019, as they should continue to drive the largest amount of growth. Given the pattern of DL announcements at CVG, we should see new routes (if any) loaded in the next 3-4 weeks and an announcement in early February.

jplatts

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:13 pm

cvgComair wrote:
My predictions for 2019:
- F9 adds IAH/FLL or PBI

I think that WN adding CVG-HOU nonstop service is more likely than F9 bringing back CVG-IAH nonstop service since WN can make CVG-HOU nonstop service work with fewer non-connecting passengers and planes that have fewer seats than F9's A319, A320, and A321 planes. WN also has much stronger brand recognition in Greater Houston than F9 does, and WN would also be able to offer connections to AUS, SAT, CRP, HRL, and international destinations from CVG through HOU if it adds CVG-HOU nonstop service.

WN could also add CVG-FLL nonstop service after Runway 10L-28R reopens at FLL in Fall 2019. WN also has more market share on domestic air travel in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale market than any of its LCC or ULCC competitors.

777-200

Re: The Rest of Ohio - 2019

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:07 pm

I could see SWA adding ATL this year, giving DL a little competition on that route. Otherwise LAS/HOU.

jplatts

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:23 pm

777-200 wrote:
I could see SWA adding ATL this year, giving DL a little competition on that route. Otherwise LAS/HOU.

I am unsure if WN will add CVG-ATL nonstop service since WN will be dropping ATL-DTW and ATL-MSP nonstop service in June 2019 and since WN will be reducing ATL-BOS nonstop service to 1 daily nonstop in Summer 2019. In addition to CVG being a DL focus city and ATL being DL's main hub, FL had dropped DAY-ATL nonstop service during the conversion of DAY over to WN from FL, and WN had also dropped SDF-ATL nonstop service back in 2014.

flycmh2009

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:37 am

I think CMH is getting to the point where it's pretty well served, considering the successes of 2018 additions. So in 2019, I'd be very happy seeing appropriate upgauging (specifically UA). Some mainline to NYC would be nice as well as a seasonal to SAN. Hoping that's both not too much to ask and realistic!

cledaybuck

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:42 am

777-200 wrote:

I doubt that one (ATL). I think DL would slaughter them.

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:57 am

https://www.dispatch.com/business/20190 ... ight-gains
"Columbus airport sees record year and flight gains"

"While declining to get specific, Nardone strongly hints that such a flight could have been secured for Columbus had the community been able to come up with several million dollars to provide a fund commonly referred to as a revenue guarantee to an airline for the first two years of service."

cledaybuck wrote:
777-200 wrote:

I second, WN is cutting DTW/MSP-ATL and BOS-ATL is going 1x daily, so they aren't interested in competing with DL

N292UX

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:26 am

My CVG Predictions for 2019:
-DL drops CVG-STL/CLT
-DL adds CVG-MSY/SAN and seasonal MIA. Possibly JAX, too.
-AA drops CVG-JFK, adds CVG-PHX
-UA adds more mainline on IAD/IAH-CVG
-F9 adds 1-2 dartboard routes because F9
-AA adds mainline on CLT-CVG
-G4 adds 1-2 new routes
-WN adds CVG-LAS
-Less CRJ-200 action for DL. I think routes like CVG-PHL/ORD will see some CRJ-700/900s instead

jplatts

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:42 am

N292UX wrote:

Even though AA, DL, and UA all have hubs at LAX, AA could add CVG-LAX nonstop service since (a) AA is the dominant carrier at LAX, (b) AA has added new nonstop routes out of LAX during the last 6 years, and (c) AA is currently the only US3 carrier that doesn't serve any West Coast destinations nonstop from CVG.

N292UX

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 am

jplatts wrote:
N292UX wrote:

Even though AA, DL, and UA all have hubs at LAX, AA could add CVG-LAX nonstop service since (a) AA is the dominant carrier at LAX, (b) AA has added new nonstop routes out of LAX during the last 6 years, and (c) AA is currently the only US3 carrier that doesn't serve any West Coast destinations nonstop from CVG.

I can definitely see them adding LAX. Considering they serve medium midwestern markets like CMH, IND, and soon SDF, I'd say CVG seems possible for sure. That may come instead of PHX

jplatts

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:12 pm

cvgComair wrote:
My predictions for 2019:
- At least one of AM (MEX), AS (SEA), B6 (BOS), NK (LAS/MCO/MYR), or WS (YYZ or YYC) enters

There is no real need for NK to serve CVG since there are still more nonstop routes that could be added by WN, F9, and G4 at CVG. On the other hand, there are other nonstop routes such as CVG-AUS, CVG-BWI, CVG-BOS, CVG-DFW, CVG-FLL, CVG-IAH, CVG-MSY, and CVG-TPA that could be added by NK if NK adds service to CVG.

I think that AS will likely be the next domestic carrier at CVG since (a) CVG is only one of 2 U.S. destinations served nonstop from SEA on DL that isn't currently served by AS, (b) CVG is one of the top domestic destinations traveled to from SEA that isn't currently served by AS, (c) DL is currently the only carrier that has nonstop service to CVG from SEA, and (d) AS has corporate contracts and a FF base that is loyal to AS in SEA.

CMHMarc787

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:02 pm

flycmh2009 wrote:
I think CMH is getting to the point where it's pretty well served, considering the successes of 2018 additions. So in 2019, I'd be very happy seeing appropriate upgauging (specifically UA). Some mainline to NYC would be nice as well as a seasonal to SAN. Hoping that's both not too much to ask and realistic!

I'm hoping for upgauging across the board with everyone.

In addition, a few predictions:

1. AS will be more successful than expected, and they will entertain expanding to SAN
2. WN will add service to MCI, with MKE and/or SAN possible. They will also add service - most likely STL and PHX.
3. AA and UA will continue upgauging to mainline.
4. F9 will continue to flounder in trying to figure out what they want from CMH.
5. NK will be possible SAN, as well...but I'm thinking WN will ultimately be first.
6. No one will announce TATL - either DL to AMS, or new entrant. Everything I hear is that there isn't nearly enough demand as indicated by paltry number of pax flying overseas from CMH.

Just my 2 cents...

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Columbus 2018 Summary:
CMH:
-NK started service to 7 destinations (4 seasonal, 3 year-round, but 5 destinations at all times and all 7 briefly operate at the same time in March and April).
-F9 dropped some cities (TPA, LAS?), added seasonal PBI, AUS, SAT.
-J1 ceased to exist.
-WN made HOU permanent.
-AA upgauged one CLT flight to a 319 and added a second daily LAX on a 319.
-WN dropped OAK (remember this one for downthread).
-The airport reconnected jetways at B36 and C48.

LCK:
-G4 temporarily discontinued AUS and MSY; both will return.
-China Airlines Cargo's flight became scheduled.
-Etihad/Trinity Logistics added a third weekly flight.
-AeroBridgeCargo started service to SVO via LGG.

2019:
CMH:
-AS starts CMH-SEA 3/7, daily 320
-AA adds two daily 738s to CMH-ORD 2/14, first mainline on the route since at least 2000.
-DL returns CMH-SLC 6/17 after an 11 year absence, daily 319
-UA FIIIIINALLY starts SFO 6/7, daily 319
-WN, in response to UA, changed their mind about dropping OAK and it becomes seasonal again, to return in June (6x/week).

LCK:
-G4 starts year-round SRQ 4/4

Predictions (It's getting hard to guess given many of the obvious boxes for Columbus have been filled.) But:
-WN MCI, MKE, SAN, LGA (or some combination thereof) would be believable. WN publicly expressed interest in CMH-LGA, but didn't add it when they had slots come available.
-F9 will surprise us with random adds and could be in the hunt for SAN, as could NK.
-G4 might add some dots to the map at LCK but, again, it's hard to guess where. CHS and IWA/LAS stand out as possible given G4's model and their bases.
-As for TATL:

CMHMarc787 wrote:
flycmh2009 wrote:
6. No one will announce TATL - either DL to AMS, or new entrant. Everything I hear is that there isn't nearly enough demand as indicated by paltry number of pax flying overseas from CMH.

The story Midwestindy posted from The Dispatch above pretty much confirms it's all down to money and "if you buy it, they will come". Sounds like Nardone has intel that CMH could've already had one if the community would've backed the Brinks truck up.
Last edited by DeltaRules on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cledaybuck

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
https://www.dispatch.com/business/20190101/columbus-airport-sees-record-year-and-flight-gains
"Columbus airport sees record year and flight gains"

"While declining to get specific, Nardone strongly hints that such a flight could have been secured for Columbus had the community been able to come up with several million dollars to provide a fund commonly referred to as a revenue guarantee to an airline for the first two years of service."

cledaybuck wrote:
777-200 wrote:

I second, WN is cutting DTW/MSP-ATL and BOS-ATL is going 1x daily, so they aren't interested in competing with DL

I think WN is willing to compete with DL, but they are going to pick their spots. It is almost impossible to compete with DL in ATL when DL is also the larger airline on the other end of the route too.

brooklynchris13

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:22 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
Columbus 2018 Summary:
CMH:
-NK started service to 7 destinations (4 seasonal, 3 year-round, but 5 destinations at all times and all 7 briefly operate at the same time in March and April).
-J1 ceased to exist.
-WN made HOU permanent.

LCK:

2019:
CMH:
-AA adds two daily 738s to CMH-ORD 2/14, first mainline on the route since at least 2000.
-WN, in response to UA, changed their mind about dropping OAK and it becomes seasonal again, to return in June (6x/week).

LCK:

Predictions (It's getting hard to guess given many of the obvious boxes for Columbus have been filled.) But:
-WN MCI, MKE, SAN, LGA (or some combination thereof) would be believable. WN publicly expressed interest in CMH-LGA, but didn't add it when they had slots come available.
-F9 will surprise us with random adds and could be in the hunt for SAN, as could NK.
-G4 might add some dots to the map at LCK but, again, it's hard to guess where. CHS and IWA/LAS stand out as possible given G4's model and their bases.
-As for TATL:

CMHMarc787 wrote:
flycmh2009 wrote:

The story Midwestindy posted from The Dispatch above pretty much confirms it's all down to money and "if you buy it, they will come". Sounds like Nardone has intel that CMH could've already had one if the community would've backed the Brinks truck up.

I LOVE what Nardone is doing here. The political game is something that I think will make him stand out from his predecessors and that involves saying just the right thing at the right time in the media. Capitalizing on the attention from the busiest year ever (go team!) but at the same time giving out the stretch goal (TATL) and exactly what it will take to get there. Also important to note that the new Governor will see that along with his new development people and, hopefully, start to put two and two together and realize that to compete at the next level for the large corporate centers it is going to take investment/subsidies/etc. Going to be an interesting year indeed!

One other 2019 CMH development that we have somehow not touched on yet but which is already reflected in the long term AA placeholder schedule, the retirement of the MD80s on AA. I was looking at the end of the window (November) and DFW shows (2) 319 and (3) 738s as well as the mainline continuing on ORD (2x738). I have not had the chance to backsearch to the find the possible last day, but that will be a big moment when an AA Mad Dog roars out of CMH for the last time.

flyguy89

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:47 pm

My CVG wish list for 2019:
- AA on CVG-LAX or CVG-PHX; mainline to CLT
- B6 to BOS and FLL or MCO
- WN to LAS, DAL or HOU
- Seasonal PDX on anyone
- Additional DL expansion
- Seasonal CVG-FRA on DE

AS would be cool to have as well, but I don't see where they slot themselves in without a costly fight with incumbent carriers.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:54 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
Columbus 2018 Summary:
CMH:
-J1 ceased to exist.
-WN made HOU permanent.

LCK:

2019:
CMH:

LCK:

-As for TATL:

CMHMarc787 wrote:

I LOVE what Nardone is doing here. The political game is something that I think will make him stand out from his predecessors and that involves saying just the right thing at the right time in the media. Capitalizing on the attention from the busiest year ever (go team!) but at the same time giving out the stretch goal (TATL) and exactly what it will take to get there. Also important to note that the new Governor will see that along with his new development people and, hopefully, start to put two and two together and realize that to compete at the next level for the large corporate centers it is going to take investment/subsidies/etc. Going to be an interesting year indeed!

One other 2019 CMH development that we have somehow not touched on yet but which is already reflected in the long term AA placeholder schedule, the retirement of the MD80s on AA. I was looking at the end of the window (November) and DFW shows (2) 319 and (3) 738s as well as the mainline continuing on ORD (2x738). I have not had the chance to backsearch to the find the possible last day, but that will be a big moment when an AA Mad Dog roars out of CMH for the last time.

Nardone has been fantastic. He left a bigger market/airport DTW for Columbus because he likes building airports and that's exactly what he's doing. We thought the leadership might have been the issue and, due respect to Elaine Roberts, it looks like that's the case. The aviation nerd in me has never been more optimistic about where CRAA is going.

I'm hoping DeWine has a serious lust to keep up with the Joneses for prestige items which also contribute economically. Every neighboring state (except WV) has TATL except for his.

flyinryan99

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:39 pm

So...finally got the September passenger numbers for TOL so I can get them thru November now:

American Airlines operated by Envoy and PSA Airlines
Pax On - 5,807
Pax Off - 5,702
November Pax - 11,509 (+6.2%)
Year to Date Pax - 121,293 (+59.1%)

Allegiant Air
Pax On - 4,170
Pax Off - 3,931
November Pax - 8,101 (-3.1%)
Year to Date Pax - 98,262 (+1.6%)

Total Airport
Pax On - 10,096
Pax Off - 9,752
November Pax - 19,848 (+3.4%)
Year to Date Pax - 221,339 (+26.1%)

brooklynchris13

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm

An update on the tentative last MD80 service on AA from CMH... As of now, FLT 1492, the 14:35 departure to DFW on Tuesday 9/3/2019, is the last scheduled AA MD80 departure at CMH. Pretty certain this will change as we get closer, but for now that's it. Last inbound flight, for now, is #2207, arriving from DFW at 21:58, but it does not have an outbound to DFW component at this time. Starting 9/4/19, service to DFW is a mix of 738s and 319s.

cvgComair

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:29 pm

AA also has its last scheduled MD80 service on 9/3/19 from CVG, with the route picking up A319s after that date.

ILNFlyer

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:37 pm

Destruction of the old Airborne Express sort facility at ILN continues with the demolition of the second building.

SkyVoice

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 am

What are the chances that Ultimate Air Shuttle (UE) will reintroduce some service from CVG? There is a market for regional service to and from CVG. Comair (OH) proved that! I know, that was back in the day, but I believe that many segments of that market are still there.

cvgComair

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm

SkyVoice wrote:
What are the chances that Ultimate Air Shuttle (UE) will reintroduce some service from CVG? There is a market for regional service to and from CVG. Comair (OH) proved that! I know, that was back in the day, but I believe that many segments of that market are still there.

They are currently trying to raise funding for 3 new destinations every year for five years. Part of the plans include coming back to CVG. I haven't seen/heard any timeframe for them returning to CVG, but if they do launch 3 destines this year, I think its a pretty safe bet some of them will be at CVG. They are short on room at LUK, so there is only so much they can add there.

They are also working on adding tag flights. I know CVG-BNA-MEM has been discussed by their CEO. They will start once weekly CVG-PDK-CLT flights on February 25th, and I would not be surprised to see more of these routing pop up in the near future.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:48 pm

CMH losing OAK (before they reversed course) may have awakened the sleeping giant that is the business community with regard to air service:

About a month after that announcement, Columbus lost a Southwest Airlines daily direct flight Oakland, California. It only took about about two weeks of worried business leaders voicing their concerns over the decision for United Airlines to announce that it would be starting a new daily nonstop flight to and from San Francisco in June.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/ne ... s-and.html

jph7291

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:36 pm

CVG 2019 predictions
-AA adds CLT mainline, drops JFK
-DL adds MSY, drops BWI and CLT
-WN upgrades PHX to year-round, adds HOU
-UA adds EWR mainline

No telling what G4 or F9 will do.

WWads

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:48 pm

jph7291 wrote:
CVG 2019 predictions
-AA adds CLT mainline, drops JFK
-DL adds MSY, drops BWI and CLT
-WN upgrades PHX to year-round, adds HOU
-UA adds EWR mainline

No telling what G4 or F9 will do.

BWI is up to 3x daily. I think it's safe. CLT could be in danger, but DL has shown a commitment to covering competitor hubs at CVG.

777-200

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:03 pm

ILNFlyer wrote:
Destruction of the old Airborne Express sort facility at ILN continues with the demolition of the second building.

Amazon is going to build up their operation there, right? Any news on if they are building their own facilities?

cvgComair

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:56 pm

DL has reloaded CVG-PHX in April.

WWads

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Looks like the Spring Training shuttle again. It's only loaded for April for now.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:22 pm

777-200 wrote:
ILNFlyer wrote:

Amazon is going to build up their operation there, right? Any news on if they are building their own facilities?

I think they're using the remaining facilities. I'd heard they were receiving new loaders and ground equipment.

cvgComair

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

WWads wrote:
Looks like the Spring Training shuttle again. It's only loaded for April for now.

It is still loaded in the winter through April.

cledaybuck

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:29 pm

WWads wrote:

Spring training ends in March.

cvgComair

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:52 am

Word on CLE forum is F9 announcement this week. Let’s hope we see some significant adds from CVG!

jplatts

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:09 pm

While F9 hasn't yet announced plans to add CVG-BOS nonstop service, F9 had announced this morning that it is going to be starting RDU-BOS nonstop service on May 1st. I think that F9 adding CVG-BOS nonstop service on at least a seasonal basis could happen since (a) DL is currently the only airline to serve BOS nonstop from CVG, (b) CVG is one of the largest F9 stations, and (c) F9 already has seasonal nonstop service to LGA and PHL in the Northeast from CVG.

cvgComair

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:45 pm

Recently F9 has been loading new routes over a series of multiple days. There is definitely a shot that they load CVG-BOS in the next few days.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:59 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Word on CLE forum is F9 announcement this week. Let’s hope we see some significant adds from CVG!

CMH gets RDU May 1st. Looks to be 4x/week.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

Frontier 14 said "More to come" in the F9 thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

ILNFlyer

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:04 pm

777-200 wrote:
ILNFlyer wrote:

Some facilities (F building, the old DHL main sort) will be used and expanded.

boscmh

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

Interesting. The dartboard strikes again! But I'll take it. I doubt DL's flight will be afftected at all

Also, in keeping with the recent trend of very quickly updating the FlyColumbus website, F9 CMH-RDU is already listed on the interactive route map - https://flycolumbus.com/flights/destina ... m-columbus

cvgComair

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 am

Apparently NK and/or G4 are announcing some new routes tomorrow. Sounds like it will be an interesting morning, even if nothing comes for CVG/CMH/DAY.

brooklynchris13

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 pm

boscmh wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

Interesting. The dartboard strikes again! But I'll take it. I doubt DL's flight will be affected at all

Also, in keeping with the recent trend of very quickly updating the FlyColumbus website, F9 CMH-RDU is already listed on the interactive route map - https://flycolumbus.com/flights/destina ... m-columbus

The times on the F9 CMH-RDU flight will certainly not cause DL to sweat at all. Its an evening flight from RDU, returning to RDU around 2100. I was hoping there would be the possibility of a one stop in RDU early then heading onto another destination (TPA or BOS) but that is not the case. To me, it seems CMH has it's business markets and its tourist markets and if you are going to start something new it has to appeal at least somewhat to both sides of the equation. This is a true dartboard add and with those times. I bet it will be gone by the end of '19. (Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer about it.. but).... Any word on the possible NK additions?

jplatts

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:51 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Apparently NK and/or G4 are announcing some new routes tomorrow. Sounds like it will be an interesting morning, even if nothing comes for CVG/CMH/DAY.

There is no real need for NK to add service to CVG since WN could add CVG-DAL, CVG-FLL, CVG-RSW, CVG-HOU, CVG-LAS, CVG-MSY, and CVG-TPA nonstop service and since F9 could add CVG-MYR and CVG-MSY nonstop service. F9 could also extend CVG-DFW nonstop service to daily nonstop service, and AA and DL could also upgauge more CVG-DFW nonstops to mainline.

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Any word on the possible NK additions?

I could see NK possibly adding CMH-DFW nonstop service on at least a seasonal basis since DFW is one of NK's largest stations. I could also see NK adding service to DAY since NK has recently added service to a few other former FL destinations such as AVL, CMH, IND, JAX, and RIC.

cvgComair

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:06 pm

jplatts wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

There is no real need for NK to add service to CVG since WN could add CVG-DAL, CVG-FLL, CVG-RSW, CVG-HOU, CVG-LAS, CVG-MSY, and CVG-TPA nonstop service and since F9 could add CVG-MYR and CVG-MSY nonstop service. F9 could also extend CVG-DFW nonstop service to daily nonstop service, and AA and DL could also upgauge more CVG-DFW nonstops to mainline.

??? Lol, I said nothing about NK at CVG.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:03 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
boscmh wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

Interesting. The dartboard strikes again! But I'll take it. I doubt DL's flight will be affected at all

The times on the F9 CMH-RDU flight will certainly not cause DL to sweat at all. Its an evening flight from RDU, returning to RDU around 2100. I was hoping there would be the possibility of a one stop in RDU early then heading onto another destination (TPA or BOS) but that is not the case. To me, it seems CMH has it's business markets and its tourist markets and if you are going to start something new it has to appeal at least somewhat to both sides of the equation. This is a true dartboard add and with those times. I bet it will be gone by the end of '19. (Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer about it.. but).... Any word on the possible NK additions?

That's some interesting timing for sure on the F9 flight. Is that just a case of "We have an airplane, might as well do something with it."?

I didn't hear anything about NK- where did you see that?

brooklynchris13

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
boscmh wrote:

That's some interesting timing for sure on the F9 flight. Is that just a case of "We have an airplane, might as well do something with it."?

I didn't hear anything about NK- where did you see that?

I think I saw that in another thread, I should have noted where. My first trip of '19 is Friday, so I will be sure to look around for anything interesting at CMH.

cvgComair

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Now that the A220s are coming in and B717s are finally being shifted east, it will be interesting to see what routes they upguage at CVG. I'd imagine we will see more B717s than A220s, but hopefully both make appearances. Seems like CVG-DTW/MSP/NYC/BOS/Texas would be the best chances for more mainline.

flymco753

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Now that the A220s are coming in and B717s are finally being shifted east, it will be interesting to see what routes they upguage at CVG. I'd imagine we will see more B717s than A220s, but hopefully both make appearances. Seems like CVG-DTW/MSP/NYC/BOS/Texas would be the best chances for more mainline.
CVG-DTW could probably use some 717's. I don't see why they can't do 1 or 2 even during the winter months. They fly A321's to MKE and MD-90's to CLE.

cvgComair

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm

CVG November stats are out:
- Pax up 13.77% YTD - 8,196,651 (will be just short of 9 million for 2018)
- Movements up 7.86% YTD - 148,459
- Cargo up 20.0% - 1,120,933 tons

ncflyer

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Mainline service CLE-DTW is very irregular. None right now for instance. This summer there are two 717s scheduled from CLE-DTW, three CRJ900's. (CVG has 6 frequencies but no mainline and CMH has 7 frequencies but no mainline). Not sure where you are getting your information from but I sure can't recall an MD90 on CLE-DTW in the recent past. I don't think CLE saw that much of a pickup when CAK-DTW terminated.

It is a great mystery to me why an airline like AA (and at the time USAirways) can have 8-10 large mainline planes a day CLT to RDU, a route that is so short it can't have any O/D, yet Delta has so little capacity from Detroit to Ohio. I think it's the biggest head scratcher on CVG since the Delta ties are so strong in the two cities and they aren't easily drivable.

flymco753 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
CVG-DTW could probably use some 717's. I don't see why they can't do 1 or 2 even during the winter months. They fly A321's to MKE and MD-90's to CLE.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos