User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 5:24 pm

tlecam wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on the board meeting!

Looking at slide 49, it looks like Terminal A is going to get more interesting in the afternoons and evenings in about two weeks - Lisbon and Edinburgh 757 flights start May 23rd.


Let's narrow that down a little, the satellite is going to get very busy

Let's take that Thursday:

AMS 1 -16.41 (330)
AMS 2 - 18.29 (767)
CDG - 18.54 (767)
LIS - 18.56 (757)
LHR - 19.37(330)
DUB - 21.45 (757)
EDI - 21.53 (757)

A13 to A17 is going to be one busy place with at least that lot departing
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
UkiAir
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:59 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 5:24 pm

VS4ever wrote:
UkiAir wrote:
The pdf file does not exist anymore.


i just reloaded it and it worked fine.

http://www.massport.com/media/3166/janu ... rmark_.pdf


Thank you! It indeed works now.

Slide 107 - it seems they made a tiny mistake when placing the box about gate C19A on the airport map. Its pointing towards pier C instead of B.
I wish they renumbered gates C20 and C21 to C21 and C22, so that the new gate can be C20. Letters and numbers work great around the airports, but I feel if you add more letters after the numbers then it kind of loses the purpose.
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 5:30 pm

tlecam wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on the board meeting!

Looking at slide 49, it looks like Terminal A is going to get more interesting in the afternoons and evenings in about two weeks - Lisbon and Edinburgh 757 flights start May 23rd.


Definitely interesting. On May 23rd DL has the following flights to Europe:

DL256 BOS-AMS 4:41pm-5:50am
DL258 BOS-AMS 6:29pm-7:50am
DL404 BOS-CDG 6:54pm-8:10am
DL124 BOS-LIS 6:56pm-6:40am
DL58 BOS-LHR 7:37pm-7:20am
DL154 BOS-DUB 9:45pm-8:50am
DL122 BOS-EDI 9:53pm-9:25am

Between 6:30pm-7:30pm it's going to be busy! The skyclub is going to be packed. I've seen DL do some creative things in the past as I once flew BOS-CDG on DL on a 764 in the summer of 2016 and it departed from A-6. With BOS-LIS and BOS-EDI on 757's, this might be give them more flexibility as I think there's a few gates on the main pier that can handle a 757 while the A330's and 767's are out on the concourse.

Nice little operation DL is growing for TATL ops in BOS! Wonder if we'll see KEF or SNN or GLA next? Even BOS-MAN on a 757 wouldn't shock me.
 
User avatar
tlecam
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Yes, they loaded the 767 to London on A6 quite a bit last summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see any of the 757/767 flights do the same this year. I thought Terminal A was busy during the late afternoon / early evening rush last year - this year is going to be bananas from about 3:00 on because there will be people like my parents who insist on arriving 3 hours before an international flight.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90
 
ASA
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 6:51 pm

jworks158 wrote:
Interestingly I was able to get though passport control 2 minutes before my parents who have global entry!


I don't have Global Entry but I have been noticing the lines ... and the Mobile Passport line is usually even less crowded than Global Entry. Once, after landing in BOS last summer, I installed the app, added my photo and then used the Mobile Passport entry ... only to find that I was the only one in that line! :)

It has been good so far ... hopefully not many takers in the future! :mrgreen:
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Any thoughts on Norwegian and LEVEL expanding from BOS? Seems like AMS, ATH, MUC, VIE could use low-cost non-stop premium carrier connection to BOS.
In fact, it is strange to consider that from BOS, only CDG, DUB, FCO, LIS, LON and MAD have competition, while FRA, IST, MUC, and ZRH are monopolies.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Any thoughts on Norwegian and LEVEL expanding from BOS? Seems like AMS, ATH, MUC, VIE could use low-cost non-stop premium carrier connection to BOS.


I pray for BOS-ATH on DY for 2020. However I've noticed DY isn't that cheap this summer. Most basic fares to MAD and FCO are over 750 on DY.

Dieuwer wrote:
In fact, it is strange to consider that from BOS, only CDG, FCO, LIS, LON and MAD have competition, while FRA, MUC, and ZRH are monopolies.


The latter three are less "touristy" especially when compared to the other 5.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
airbazar
Posts: 9385
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 10:11 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
tlecam wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on the board meeting!

Looking at slide 49, it looks like Terminal A is going to get more interesting in the afternoons and evenings in about two weeks - Lisbon and Edinburgh 757 flights start May 23rd.


Definitely interesting. On May 23rd DL has the following flights to Europe:

DL256 BOS-AMS 4:41pm-5:50am
DL258 BOS-AMS 6:29pm-7:50am
DL404 BOS-CDG 6:54pm-8:10am
DL124 BOS-LIS 6:56pm-6:40am
DL58 BOS-LHR 7:37pm-7:20am
DL154 BOS-DUB 9:45pm-8:50am
DL122 BOS-EDI 9:53pm-9:25am.


Humm I'm booked on the LIS flight later in the Summer and the departure is 8:20pm. It was originally 9:45pm.
I booked DL over TP specifically because of the later departure. If they now move it to 6:56pm I'll be really pissed.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 10:51 pm

airbazar wrote:
Humm I'm booked on the LIS flight later in the Summer and the departure is 8:20pm. It was originally 9:45pm.
I booked DL over TP specifically because of the later departure. If they now move it to 6:56pm I'll be really pissed.


Wow - It depends what day of the week you fly!

From looking at Amadeus I have the following departure times for week of 7/29

7:11 pm Sun, Tues
7:03 pm Thurs
8:05 pm Sat
8:10 pm Mon
8:20 pm Wed, Fri
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
OneX123
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 am

Apologies for the off-topic question but does anyone else have/have heard of general disappointment with Terminal A? I've flown JetBlue many times and was a United FF for a while travelling through Terminal B. I've recently had to switch to Delta and I've been very disappointed with Terminal A. I find the food options to be poor (impossible to get a seat at Legal at peak hours, two subpar bars at the satellite, and I've literally had to get coffee at Friendly's each and every morning due to absurd lines at Starbucks/DD.

Out of all the terminals at Logan, O'Hare, and even Atlanta it's by far my least favorite. Wanted to get you alls thoughts
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 1:34 am

OneX123 wrote:
Apologies for the off-topic question but does anyone else have/have heard of general disappointment with Terminal A? I've flown JetBlue many times and was a United FF for a while travelling through Terminal B. I've recently had to switch to Delta and I've been very disappointed with Terminal A. I find the food options to be poor (impossible to get a seat at Legal at peak hours, two subpar bars at the satellite, and I've literally had to get coffee at Friendly's each and every morning due to absurd lines at Starbucks/DD.

Out of all the terminals at Logan, O'Hare, and even Atlanta it's by far my least favorite. Wanted to get you alls thoughts


I get the complaint about food. But generally I dislike terminal c once you're past the check in Hall. Feels incredibly cramped in the piers with very low ceiling heights. Feels much more open and airy to me in A. But now with the DL expansion it's way more crowded than it used to be. So hard to win. My favorite terminal is now the redone B. Also clearly you haven't been to terminal D at Atlanta lol. There is a reason DL thought it was funny making B6 operate out of there.
Last edited by pitbosflyer on Wed May 08, 2019 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 1:37 am

Dieuwer wrote:
Any thoughts on Norwegian and LEVEL expanding from BOS? Seems like AMS, ATH, MUC, VIE could use low-cost non-stop premium carrier connection to BOS.
In fact, it is strange to consider that from BOS, only CDG, DUB, FCO, LIS, LON and MAD have competition, while FRA, IST, MUC, and ZRH are monopolies.

I think it’s a Terminal space issue but I believe Level could expand BCN based on their loads so far. DY have to settle in on MAD and FCO first I think before they come up with more, given KL’s entry into AMS and continuation through the winter can’t see DY entering that one yet. But then FCO and MAD were out of left field. I would love to see them bring back OSL or CPH that would seriously mess with SK’s summer plan.
One thing I did notice by entering a bos-ams routing on google flights is that DY are showing connections using U2 (easyjet) on a single ticket via LGW, not cheap at all mind you, but they are there.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
Kno
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 1:43 am

OneX123 wrote:
Apologies for the off-topic question but does anyone else have/have heard of general disappointment with Terminal A? I've flown JetBlue many times and was a United FF for a while travelling through Terminal B. I've recently had to switch to Delta and I've been very disappointed with Terminal A. I find the food options to be poor (impossible to get a seat at Legal at peak hours, two subpar bars at the satellite, and I've literally had to get coffee at Friendly's each and every morning due to absurd lines at Starbucks/DD.

Out of all the terminals at Logan, O'Hare, and even Atlanta it's by far my least favorite. Wanted to get you alls thoughts


It’s open and bright and efficient and has plenty of seating and good views of the tarmac. The food isn’t top notch but how often is airport food that great or not over crowded at peak times anyway, it’s on par or better than a lot of terminals in my opinion.

ATL probably has the best options I’d agree but BOS’s A beats out most terminals in the US in my opinion
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 1:44 am

pitbosflyer wrote:
OneX123 wrote:
Apologies for the off-topic question but does anyone else have/have heard of general disappointment with Terminal A? I've flown JetBlue many times and was a United FF for a while travelling through Terminal B. I've recently had to switch to Delta and I've been very disappointed with Terminal A. I find the food options to be poor (impossible to get a seat at Legal at peak hours, two subpar bars at the satellite, and I've literally had to get coffee at Friendly's each and every morning due to absurd lines at Starbucks/DD.

Out of all the terminals at Logan, O'Hare, and even Atlanta it's by far my least favorite. Wanted to get you alls thoughts



I get the complaint about food. But generally I dislike terminal c once you're past the check in Hall. Feels incredibly cramped in the piers with very low ceiling heights. Feels much more open and airy to me in A. But now with the DL expansion it's way more crowded than it used to be. So hard to win. My favorite terminal is now the redone B.


C seems to be the best for food, but I agree those piers are nasty and I spend a lot of time in them. I will state for the record that IF they redid the rest of c like they did for the connector it would shoot rapidly up the charts, got to use C8 when going to AUA a couple of weeks ago and that area is fantastic.
B has definitely improved during its makeover, although I would argue that the UA/WN side is way better than the AA side (sorry iyerhari)

I love the A satellite, the A1-A11 concourse is just crowded, although BEST server EVER at the Wendy’s. The Satellite always seem spacious despite the crazy crowd of the evening international bank. Once WN is gone, DL plans to revamp things a bit, especially around the club area. I do agree the food choices leave a lot to be desired, but overall it’s not that bad, definitely been through worse.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 1:51 am

VS4ever wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
OneX123 wrote:
Apologies for the off-topic question but does anyone else have/have heard of general disappointment with Terminal A? I've flown JetBlue many times and was a United FF for a while travelling through Terminal B. I've recently had to switch to Delta and I've been very disappointed with Terminal A. I find the food options to be poor (impossible to get a seat at Legal at peak hours, two subpar bars at the satellite, and I've literally had to get coffee at Friendly's each and every morning due to absurd lines at Starbucks/DD.

Out of all the terminals at Logan, O'Hare, and even Atlanta it's by far my least favorite. Wanted to get you alls thoughts



I get the complaint about food. But generally I dislike terminal c once you're past the check in Hall. Feels incredibly cramped in the piers with very low ceiling heights. Feels much more open and airy to me in A. But now with the DL expansion it's way more crowded than it used to be. So hard to win. My favorite terminal is now the redone B.


C seems to be the best for food, but I agree those piers are nasty and I spend a lot of time in them. I will state for the record that IF they redid the rest of c like they did for the connector it would shoot rapidly up the charts, got to use C8 when going to AUA a couple of weeks ago and that area is fantastic.
B has definitely improved during its makeover, although I would argue that the UA/WN side is way better than the AA side (sorry iyerhari)

I love the A satellite, the A1-A11 concourse is just crowded, although BEST server EVER at the Wendy’s. The Satellite always seem spacious despite the crazy crowd of the evening international bank. Once WN is gone, DL plans to revamp things a bit, especially around the club area. I do agree the food choices leave a lot to be desired, but overall it’s not that bad, definitely been through worse.


I agree the C gates in the C-E connector are great. If they redid C like that it would be a lot better. I spend way too much time as well in the dank piers :cry:
 
airbazar
Posts: 9385
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 7:09 pm

OneX123 wrote:
Apologies for the off-topic question but does anyone else have/have heard of general disappointment with Terminal A? I've flown JetBlue many times and was a United FF for a while travelling through Terminal B. I've recently had to switch to Delta and I've been very disappointed with Terminal A. I find the food options to be poor (impossible to get a seat at Legal at peak hours, two subpar bars at the satellite, and I've literally had to get coffee at Friendly's each and every morning due to absurd lines at Starbucks/DD.

Out of all the terminals at Logan, O'Hare, and even Atlanta it's by far my least favorite. Wanted to get you alls thoughts


I agree. I don't fly DL very often but I had a trip to SEA a few weeks back and I always schedule my flights so I can eat a meal at the airport before boarding and avoid having to eat on the plane, and about the only decent restaurant at A was Legal's which as you can imagine had a enormous waiting line. It's definitely the worst for food options IMO. I also found the terminal as cramped as terminal C. I departed from gate A2 and there were no available seats anywhere in that area of the terminal. Lots of people just standing around.

Kno wrote:
ATL probably has the best options I’d agree but BOS’s A beats out most terminals in the US in my opinion

Humm i think you need to get out more :)
Seriously, it's not even the best at Logan let alone most of the US.
Not knowing what options exist on the satellite side I just went online and looked. The entire terminal, only has one (1) full service restaurant as far as I can tell. C is just as bad. B has the most options IMO. I'm talking about actual sit-down restaurants not fast food.
Last edited by airbazar on Wed May 08, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 7:16 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
In fact, it is strange to consider that from BOS, only CDG, FCO, LIS, LON and MAD have competition, while FRA, MUC, and ZRH are monopolies.


The latter three are less "touristy" especially when compared to the other 5.


I guess it is not surprising as FRA and ZRH are bankster towns ;)
 
User avatar
tlecam
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 8:41 pm

I think that the problem with Terminal A is the rapid Delta growth. It's very true that it can be very hard to find a seat at Legal's or Lucky's (which actually has surprisingly good food - at least for what I order, which is almost always the greek salad with chicken). The little kiosk also has surprisingly good coffee and the line moves quickly.

The bars in the satellite suck for anything beyond beer.
The Market Kitchen over by A10 has pretty decent healthy-ish fast food options.
Fresh City is about the only food worth eating out at the satellite, although I haven't been to Currito yet and Vino Volo is consistently mediocre at every airport.

The rest - friendly's, Sbarro, Wendy's etc... aren't great.

I'd rather see Anna's, some local pizza place, and a restaurant that isn't circling the drain like Friendly's.

I do think that they're eventually going to need to do something like what LGA has done with those restaurants that have all the menu screens that you can order from and they'll bring the food to you; it can expand the number of people who can sit and eat given the existing footprint of the terminal.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1375
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Somehow managed to snag 2 rides on the A346 this week, just my luck as I had 0 rides on the type!

IB6166 - May 1 - EC-JNQ
IB6165 - May 8 - EC-IZY
@DadCelo
 
Kno
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 9:44 pm

airbazar wrote:
OneX123 wrote:
Apologies for the off-topic question but does anyone else have/have heard of general disappointment with Terminal A? I've flown JetBlue many times and was a United FF for a while travelling through Terminal B. I've recently had to switch to Delta and I've been very disappointed with Terminal A. I find the food options to be poor (impossible to get a seat at Legal at peak hours, two subpar bars at the satellite, and I've literally had to get coffee at Friendly's each and every morning due to absurd lines at Starbucks/DD.

Out of all the terminals at Logan, O'Hare, and even Atlanta it's by far my least favorite. Wanted to get you alls thoughts


I agree. I don't fly DL very often but I had a trip to SEA a few weeks back and I always schedule my flights so I can eat a meal at the airport before boarding and avoid having to eat on the plane, and about the only decent restaurant at A was Legal's which as you can imagine had a enormous waiting line. It's definitely the worst for food options IMO. I also found the terminal as cramped as terminal C. I departed from gate A2 and there were no available seats anywhere in that area of the terminal. Lots of people just standing around.

Kno wrote:
ATL probably has the best options I’d agree but BOS’s A beats out most terminals in the US in my opinion

Humm i think you need to get out more :)
Seriously, it's not even the best at Logan let alone most of the US.
Not knowing what options exist on the satellite side I just went online and looked. The entire terminal, only has one (1) full service restaurant as far as I can tell. C is just as bad. B has the most options IMO. I'm talking about actual sit-down restaurants not fast food.


There aren’t many major terminals in the US I haven’t been to in the past few years but to be fair I don’t really notice or care about sit down restaurants in airports as some do. Still I can’t think of anytime even the sit down restaurants are much better than a mediocre chain. I eat light / fast when I fly and look forward to a truly good meal away from the airport upon arrival.
 
Kno
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 9:45 pm

tlecam wrote:
I think that the problem with Terminal A is the rapid Delta growth. It's very true that it can be very hard to find a seat at Legal's or Lucky's (which actually has surprisingly good food - at least for what I order, which is almost always the greek salad with chicken). The little kiosk also has surprisingly good coffee and the line moves quickly.

The bars in the satellite suck for anything beyond beer.
The Market Kitchen over by A10 has pretty decent healthy-ish fast food options.
Fresh City is about the only food worth eating out at the satellite, although I haven't been to Currito yet and Vino Volo is consistently mediocre at every airport.

The rest - friendly's, Sbarro, Wendy's etc... aren't great.

I'd rather see Anna's, some local pizza place, and a restaurant that isn't circling the drain like Friendly's.

I do think that they're eventually going to need to do something like what LGA has done with those restaurants that have all the menu screens that you can order from and they'll bring the food to you; it can expand the number of people who can sit and eat given the existing footprint of the terminal.


Anna’s! Now there’s an idea
 
airbazar
Posts: 9385
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 2:17 pm

tlecam wrote:
I think that the problem with Terminal A is the rapid Delta growth. It's very true that it can be very hard to find a seat at Legal's or Lucky's (which actually has surprisingly good food - at least for what I order, which is almost always the greek salad with chicken). The little kiosk also has surprisingly good coffee and the line moves quickly.

My intention was to go to Lucky's but that entire section was boarded-up for some construction. Has it re-opened?
Kno wrote:
There aren’t many major terminals in the US I haven’t been to in the past few years but to be fair I don’t really notice or care about sit down restaurants in airports as some do. Still I can’t think of anytime even the sit down restaurants are much better than a mediocre chain. I eat light / fast when I fly and look forward to a truly good meal away from the airport upon arrival.

My go-to's are Stephanie's at terminal B and Durgin Park at terminal E. Both are pretty decent. Like I said I schedule my flights around meals so I can avoid eating airplane food. They are not great but they are better than Wendy's or Friendly's. I just don't do fast food in general, it's not something I grew up with.
 
FGITD
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Allegedly the Durgin Park in E is closing. I think it's being replaced be a Mediterranean style place, least that's what I heard.

Otherwise for those of you flying from terminal E this summer....bring your patience with you. E4 goes out of service for most of June, and the construction is on the verge of starting, which limits use of E12. It also limits north cargo hardstands, which makes bussing difficult. Despite the great planning and effort everyone is putting in, it's going to be quite the fiasco.

Oh and I heard of a 4th, different carrier, that is interested in bringing an a380 in at least once. Still absolutely no real verification of anyone other than BA and EK though
 
airbazar
Posts: 9385
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 5:35 pm

FGITD wrote:
Otherwise for those of you flying from terminal E this summer....bring your patience with you. E4 goes out of service for most of June, and the construction is on the verge of starting, which limits use of E12. It also limits north cargo hardstands, which makes bussing difficult. Despite the great planning and effort everyone is putting in, it's going to be quite the fiasco.

Another reason to fly TATL with carriers out of terminals A and C for the next year or two. He won't help with arrivals tho :)
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

FGITD wrote:
Allegedly the Durgin Park in E is closing. I think it's being replaced be a Mediterranean style place, least that's what I heard.

Otherwise for those of you flying from terminal E this summer....bring your patience with you. E4 goes out of service for most of June, and the construction is on the verge of starting, which limits use of E12. It also limits north cargo hardstands, which makes bussing difficult. Despite the great planning and effort everyone is putting in, it's going to be quite the fiasco.


Oh and I heard of a 4th, different carrier, that is interested in bringing an a380 in at least once. Still absolutely no real verification of anyone other than BA and EK though


Well there's not many choices with current service that have 380's as to who that might be, if it's a true one off it could add a few more options (what i wouldn't give to see a QF 380 in BOS, but that truly is fantasy...)

The gates issue at E is going to be scary for sure.. The evening rush already maxes out the gates, so being one and 1/2 further down is going to be even worse. With the E12, do you think BA are going to be able to fit the whale there during the construction? Especially as EK are bringing theirs too..

I'm in the middle of revamping my analysis to a daily version because the difference in days is quite startling as to the usage, the only piece i won't be picking up is the B6 usage for domestic departures from those gates. Fun fact, on my recent departure to MCO, I was listening in to a B6 pilot talking to the tower and even they are confused about the naming convention converting E1-E3 to C5-C7 for B6 use i had to chuckle..

i await the Facebook/Twitter outrage...
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
dvincent
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:53 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm

VS4ever wrote:
I'm in the middle of revamping my analysis to a daily version because the difference in days is quite startling as to the usage, the only piece i won't be picking up is the B6 usage for domestic departures from those gates. Fun fact, on my recent departure to MCO, I was listening in to a B6 pilot talking to the tower and even they are confused about the naming convention converting E1-E3 to C5-C7 for B6 use i had to chuckle..

i await the Facebook/Twitter outrage...


This threw me, as my last flight to SFO two weeks ago departed from "C5" (which I knew as E3 in the past) and I'm like... "What gate is that? Wait a minute..." Pilots aren't the only one being confused.
From the Mind of Minolta
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 6:18 pm

dvincent wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
I'm in the middle of revamping my analysis to a daily version because the difference in days is quite startling as to the usage, the only piece i won't be picking up is the B6 usage for domestic departures from those gates. Fun fact, on my recent departure to MCO, I was listening in to a B6 pilot talking to the tower and even they are confused about the naming convention converting E1-E3 to C5-C7 for B6 use i had to chuckle..

i await the Facebook/Twitter outrage...


This threw me, as my last flight to SFO two weeks ago departed from "C5" (which I knew as E3 in the past) and I'm like... "What gate is that? Wait a minute..." Pilots aren't the only one being confused.


They could have been more imaginative and label those gates D1 though D3. :)
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
dvincent wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
I'm in the middle of revamping my analysis to a daily version because the difference in days is quite startling as to the usage, the only piece i won't be picking up is the B6 usage for domestic departures from those gates. Fun fact, on my recent departure to MCO, I was listening in to a B6 pilot talking to the tower and even they are confused about the naming convention converting E1-E3 to C5-C7 for B6 use i had to chuckle..

i await the Facebook/Twitter outrage...


This threw me, as my last flight to SFO two weeks ago departed from "C5" (which I knew as E3 in the past) and I'm like... "What gate is that? Wait a minute..." Pilots aren't the only one being confused.


They could have been more imaginative and label those gates D1 though D3. :)


Imaginative maybe, but that would seriously cause more confusion, do we really need to bring back Terminal D, those gates already got renumbered C8-C10 :), Would love to see how much that would cost Massport to do...:)
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
Northeast748
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 6:30 pm

I do see "D01-D06" painted on the ground by the Earhart Terminal ;)

VS4ever wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
dvincent wrote:

This threw me, as my last flight to SFO two weeks ago departed from "C5" (which I knew as E3 in the past) and I'm like... "What gate is that? Wait a minute..." Pilots aren't the only one being confused.


They could have been more imaginative and label those gates D1 though D3. :)


Imaginative maybe, but that would seriously cause more confusion, do we really need to bring back Terminal D, those gates already got renumbered C8-C10 :), Would love to see how much that would cost Massport to do...:)
 
FGITD
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 6:38 pm

dvincent wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
I'm in the middle of revamping my analysis to a daily version because the difference in days is quite startling as to the usage, the only piece i won't be picking up is the B6 usage for domestic departures from those gates. Fun fact, on my recent departure to MCO, I was listening in to a B6 pilot talking to the tower and even they are confused about the naming convention converting E1-E3 to C5-C7 for B6 use i had to chuckle..

i await the Facebook/Twitter outrage...


This threw me, as my last flight to SFO two weeks ago departed from "C5" (which I knew as E3 in the past) and I'm like... "What gate is that? Wait a minute..." Pilots aren't the only one being confused.



This was a slightly funny issue a few years ago when they renumbered all the terminal E gates. Ever seen a 77w do an unguided 180 in North cargo? We saw more than a few who cruised right on past the correct gate, now that 4 was 6, 6 was 8 etc
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 8:14 pm

IG for MXP-BOS may be a go for 2020. Article mentions two new N.A. destinations for 2020 plus a USA interline partners (should be B6 but maybe AS)

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ro-458030/
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 1:06 am

http://www.massport.com/media/3170/febr ... ermark.pdf

Hot on the heals of Jan's presentation, comes February, not a whole lot of interest in the first parts of the deck as much relates to the Cruise side of massport, with some logan dotted in there, but mostly a rehash of the Jan info, Slides 151 onwards however detail the capital program and plan through FY23 along with some revenue goals and projections for the same period.

If you want to see the full capital project list, summarized, here's that version too

http://www.massport.com/media/3120/boar ... rogram.pdf
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Article on DY BOS-MAD launch on anna.aero - Surprisingly they did not cover the BOS-FCO launch.

https://www.anna.aero/2019/05/08/norweg ... on-market/

They gave an interesting nugget of information concerning Top 5 connecting destinations for IB with BOS-MAD.

1) BCN but the percentage seemed low which may be due to LEVEL.
2) CMN
3) ATH
4) AGP
5) OPO

I'm surprised larger markets such as CDG and FCO didn't pop up here. Not everyone takes a non-stop to these destinations especially the price sensitive types and sometimes a 1-stop on IB or other Euro legacy was cheaper than WW (R.I.P.) or DY.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 12:21 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
Article on DY BOS-MAD launch on anna.aero - Surprisingly they did not cover the BOS-FCO launch.

https://www.anna.aero/2019/05/08/norweg ... on-market/

They gave an interesting nugget of information concerning Top 5 connecting destinations for IB with BOS-MAD.

1) BCN but the percentage seemed low which may be due to LEVEL.
2) CMN
3) ATH
4) AGP
5) OPO


Surprised at CMN. Although the new non-stop BOS-CMN on AT now makes sense.

I'm surprised larger markets such as CDG and FCO didn't pop up here. Not everyone takes a non-stop to these destinations especially the price sensitive types and sometimes a 1-stop on IB or other Euro legacy was cheaper than WW (R.I.P.) or DY.


Flying to CDG via MAD is backtracking. And there are already tons of 1-stop options from BOS to CDG. Besides, if you talk cheap than TP is often much cheaper than IB (e.g. BOS-LIS-CDG).
 
airbazar
Posts: 9385
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Flying to CDG via MAD is backtracking. And there are already tons of 1-stop options from BOS to CDG. Besides, if you talk cheap than TP is often much cheaper than IB (e.g. BOS-LIS-CDG).

TP doesn't fly to CDG. They fly to ORY. On top of that the O&D market between LIS and PAR is huge (1st or 2nd). I'm not sure that TP is connecting many people from the U.S. to Paris for those 2 reasons.
But like you said, I think the reason CDG and FCO are not in that list is because SkyTeam has that well covered from BOS plus LH is essentially Italy's second airline :)
The thing about TP is their cheap connecting tickets are typically to markets where they need to fill seats due to poor loads. Paris is not usually one of those. I guess when you think about it that is how most hub-and-spoke carriers operate.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm

airbazar wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Flying to CDG via MAD is backtracking. And there are already tons of 1-stop options from BOS to CDG. Besides, if you talk cheap than TP is often much cheaper than IB (e.g. BOS-LIS-CDG).

TP doesn't fly to CDG. They fly to ORY. On top of that the O&D market between LIS and PAR is huge (1st or 2nd). I'm not sure that TP is connecting many people from the U.S. to Paris for those 2 reasons.
But like you said, I think the reason CDG and FCO are not in that list is because SkyTeam has that well covered from BOS plus LH is essentially Italy's second airline :)
The thing about TP is their cheap connecting tickets are typically to markets where they need to fill seats due to poor loads. Paris is not usually one of those. I guess when you think about it that is how most hub-and-spoke carriers operate.



Here was my logic behind this - BOS-PAR is probably 15-20 times larger than BOS-CMN or BOS-AGP so even with nonstops on LCC's there has to be some trickle down effect to any European hub. A person that doesn't live on this forum has no clue that flying BOS-MAD-CDG/ORY adds over 500 miles of extra travel. Many people asked me, "Did you connect in California?", for my recent trip to HK and Thailand.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 3:09 pm

I don't think this showed up on airlineroute or OAG thread and I searched the 2019 thread.

HA increased BOS-HNL from Memorial Day to Labor Day to 6 weekly. They have added a flight that would depart HNL on Wed and BOS on Thursday.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 3:43 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
I don't think this showed up on airlineroute or OAG thread and I searched the 2019 thread.

HA increased BOS-HNL from Memorial Day to Labor Day to 6 weekly. They have added a flight that would depart HNL on Wed and BOS on Thursday.

Positive sign, happy to see that. Where did you see the change?
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 4:11 pm

VS4ever wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
I don't think this showed up on airlineroute or OAG thread and I searched the 2019 thread.

HA increased BOS-HNL from Memorial Day to Labor Day to 6 weekly. They have added a flight that would depart HNL on Wed and BOS on Thursday.

Positive sign, happy to see that. Where did you see the change?


Posted in flyertalk thread dedicated to route and I confirmed with Matrix ITA search.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii- ... 019-a.html
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
ramzi
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 4:44 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
Somehow managed to snag 2 rides on the A346 this week, just my luck as I had 0 rides on the type!


Lucky! I was just thinking yesterday that I should plan a trip with IB or LH to get a flight on an A346 before they're all gone.


FGITD wrote:
Otherwise for those of you flying from terminal E this summer....bring your patience with you. E4 goes out of service for most of June, and the construction is on the verge of starting, which limits use of E12. It also limits north cargo hardstands, which makes bussing difficult. Despite the great planning and effort everyone is putting in, it's going to be quite the fiasco.


This actually makes me curious, arriving a couple of days ago there were two BA birds parked at E9 and E10, with E12 empty. There was the 239 coming in shortly after which would probably take the spot, but my first thought was that something is up at E12. Could it be that construction began? Checking FR24 it seemed the A380 used E12, and it hadn't departed when BA203 arrived which explains that one going to E9, but why would BA215 not use E12 given that the 239 is towed away from the gate after dropping the passengers?

Yes, the summer will not be fun.
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished - that will be the beginning.
 
FGITD
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 12:58 pm

ramzi wrote:

This actually makes me curious, arriving a couple of days ago there were two BA birds parked at E9 and E10, with E12 empty. There was the 239 coming in shortly after which would probably take the spot, but my first thought was that something is up at E12. Could it be that construction began? Checking FR24 it seemed the A380 used E12, and it hadn't departed when BA203 arrived which explains that one going to E9, but why would BA215 not use E12 given that the 239 is towed away from the gate after dropping the passengers?

Yes, the summer will not be fun.


As far as I know, it hasn't started yet. BA's gate rotation is unique even amongst terminal E tenants, so I can't say for sure what was going on there. Usually the overnighter stays on gate all night, so it tends to go wherever is available.

And for those interested, first Hainan a350 to Boston is enroute
 
User avatar
tlecam
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 1:22 pm

More Delta expansion in the OAG thread, including 2x to Miami, starting in Jan.

DL BOS-FLL JAN 1.3>2[1.0] FEB 1.0>2[1.0]
DL BOS-MCO JAN 3>4[3] FEB 3>4[3]
**DL BOS-MIA DEC 0>0.7[0] JAN 0>2[0] FEB 0>2[0]
DL BOS-MSY FEB 0>0.2[0]
DL BOS-PBI DEC 0.3>0.7[0.4] JAN 1.0>2[1.0] FEB 1.0>2[1.0]
I said "added", but from weekends to daily is big.
*DL BOS-PUJ JAN 0.2>1.0[0.2] FEB 0.2>1.0[0.1]
DL BOS-RSW DEC 0.4>0.7[0.3] JAN 1.0>2[1.0] FEB 1.0>2[1.0]
**DL BOS-SRQ DEC 0>0.4[0] JAN 0>0.3[0] FEB 0>0.2[0]
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 2:37 pm

tlecam wrote:
More Delta expansion in the OAG thread, including 2x to Miami, starting in Jan.

DL BOS-FLL JAN 1.3>2[1.0] FEB 1.0>2[1.0]
DL BOS-MCO JAN 3>4[3] FEB 3>4[3]
**DL BOS-MIA DEC 0>0.7[0] JAN 0>2[0] FEB 0>2[0]
DL BOS-MSY FEB 0>0.2[0]
DL BOS-PBI DEC 0.3>0.7[0.4] JAN 1.0>2[1.0] FEB 1.0>2[1.0]
I said "added", but from weekends to daily is big.
*DL BOS-PUJ JAN 0.2>1.0[0.2] FEB 0.2>1.0[0.1]
DL BOS-RSW DEC 0.4>0.7[0.3] JAN 1.0>2[1.0] FEB 1.0>2[1.0]
**DL BOS-SRQ DEC 0>0.4[0] JAN 0>0.3[0] FEB 0>0.2[0]



DL are definitely going after B6 with most of these (the big exception is MIA, which B6 doesn't fly, albeit indirectly they are i suppose) but 2x daily to FLL, RSW and PBI along with MIA, extra MCO flying and SRQ added to the list for Florida and is obviously looking further at the Caribbean market with daily PUJ.

What we would need to dig into what the equipment on some of these is likely to be to truly see what the impact is.

Also these couple of interesting ones too,

AS just seem to be reversing out of BOS, I don't think they will ever disappear, but the reductions are quite telling
AS BOS-LAX SEP 1.9>1.0[2] OCT 1.8>1.0[1.8]

Interesting they are boosting this, especially in the later season, as a poster said implied, fares are good, so they have the option, why not..
B6 BOS-SAN SEP 2>3[2] OCT 2>3[2]
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 2:49 pm

VS4ever wrote:
tlecam wrote:
More Delta expansion in the OAG thread, including 2x to Miami, starting in Jan.


DL are definitely going after B6 with most of these (the big exception is MIA, which B6 doesn't fly, albeit indirectly they are i suppose) but 2x daily to FLL, RSW and PBI along with MIA, extra MCO flying and SRQ added to the list for Florida and is obviously looking further at the Caribbean market with daily PUJ.

What we would need to dig into what the equipment on some of these is likely to be to truly see what the impact is.


All mainline, A319/A320 for Florida and 739 for PUJ, except MSY and SRQ which are on E-Jets.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
B752OS
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 2:56 pm

VS4ever wrote:
http://www.massport.com/media/3170/february-board-deck_21419_website_watermark.pdf

Hot on the heals of Jan's presentation, comes February, not a whole lot of interest in the first parts of the deck as much relates to the Cruise side of massport, with some logan dotted in there, but mostly a rehash of the Jan info, Slides 151 onwards however detail the capital program and plan through FY23 along with some revenue goals and projections for the same period.

If you want to see the full capital project list, summarized, here's that version too

http://www.massport.com/media/3120/boar ... rogram.pdf


They've extended the timeline on phase 1 pf the Terminal E project. It's not going to take an additional 4 months. This also confirms that 5 of the 7 new gates will have dual jetbridges.

The Terminal B to C connector looks like it's going to be really nice.
 
ghoepers
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:37 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Does anyone know how JJ GRU-BOS is going? it seems like Latin American people are avoiding this flight because of the hard US customs & border protection here in Boston. They are choosing to arrive in US via Miami or New York seems more easy ...
Hoepers

"It’s only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Boston,Massachusetts
 
aaflyer777
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 7:49 pm

I have to imagine DL is looking at BOS-SAN given how well it seems to do for B6, I'm surprised AS never added a second flight
 
tphuang
Posts: 2651
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
I have to imagine DL is looking at BOS-SAN given how well it seems to do for B6, I'm surprised AS never added a second flight

AS never added a second flight, because B6 kills them on this route.
 
User avatar
NickolayAv
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 8:04 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
I have to imagine DL is looking at BOS-SAN given how well it seems to do for B6, I'm surprised AS never added a second flight

Agreed. I thought they would have jumped on to the market already. Although there might be space for DL even after this addition.
Flew BOS-SAN-BOS last year, AS there and B6 back every seat was taken both ways.
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 8:05 pm

ghoepers wrote:
Does anyone know how JJ GRU-BOS is going? it seems like Latin American people are avoiding this flight because of the hard US customs & border protection here in Boston. They are choosing to arrive in US via Miami or New York seems more easy ...


What is different arriving in the US via BOS versus JFK/EWR or MIA?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos