Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LewisNEO
Topic Author

KOM Airlines (Thailand) signs LOI for 6 Sukhoi SSJ100

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:15 pm

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/thai ... rjet-100s/

Well although still a LOI, it sounds like a nice end of the year deal for Sukhoi. KOM Airlines and Wishv company signs letter of intent for 6 SSJ100. The Royal Thai Airforce operates three SSJ100s at the moment.

I did try to find information about this airline, but can't find anything. Maybe it is a startup? Can't find a thing about the Wishv company either.

zakuivcustom

Re: KOM Airlines (Thailand) signs LOI for 6 Sukhoi SSJ100

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:50 pm

LewisNEO wrote:
I did try to find information about this airline, but can't find anything. Maybe it is a startup? Can't find a thing about the Wishv company either.

It's stated in the article that it's an "upstart" airlines that planned to fly in 2019-2020.

In another word, just more Thai bahts by some businessman getting thrown down the drain. Seriously, do we really need yet another operator flying from Bangkok to either some small airports (aka just exclude HKT/CNX/HDY/USM/KBV/CEI and maybe even UTH) or Thailand to China. Not like the SSJs can fly from BKK to even IKT or OVB or some of those mid-size Siberian cities.

F27500

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:05 pm

LOL .. oh, this is gonna go well.

Skywatcher

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:56 pm

The airline name doesn't translate to English very well.

LewisNEO
Topic Author

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:57 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
LewisNEO wrote:

It's stated in the article that it's an "upstart" airlines that planned to fly in 2019-2020.

In another word, just more Thai bahts by some businessman getting thrown down the drain. Seriously, do we really need yet another operator flying from Bangkok to either some small airports (aka just exclude HKT/CNX/HDY/USM/KBV/CEI and maybe even UTH) or Thailand to China. Not like the SSJs can fly from BKK to even IKT or OVB or some of those mid-size Siberian cities.

thnx I must have overread it. Well.... so far the news. A startup as it is. :biggrin:

TheEuphorian

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:34 am

Lets see if it will even last a month, let alone obtaining an AOC.

LewisNEO
Topic Author

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:43 pm

TheEuphorian wrote:
Lets see if it will even last a month, let alone obtaining an AOC.

My thoughts too.

But times around the superjet are roaring I believe: https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... s-airlines (in Dutch)

SN Brussels Airlines has its last SSJ100 flight on January 7th. I wonder what CityJet is going to do with these planes? Is their network large enough? The reason is that there are so few European airlines (1) using it, the maintenance costs more time and lacks quick procedures.

Cityjet has 7 in their fleet now and still 8 on order.

Thai Airforce has three, so I guess they don't experience the same difficulties as SN did? If the KOm Airlines start up succeeds, in Thailand would 9 superjets be active.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos