SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author

WestJet's 2018 Christmas miracle video is out

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:13 pm

I like that notion of uniting people in a surprising way.

https://youtu.be/E0OrlSyqf1I
I have discovered that once people are truly captivated in their ignorance, they are generally unwilling to let the facts interfere.
(Rick Drury's Flightlines "Paychecks", Airways April 2003)

boeing767300

Re: WestJet's 2018 Christmas miracle video is out

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 pm

The usual phoney orchestrated seasonal garbage that we have come to expect from Westjet. Featuring people with no apparent life problems other than not being together over the holidays! Hopefully Santa is wearing his shiny new ALPA pin this year and all his helpers are wearing their CUPE pins. PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK.

SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:10 pm

boeing767300 wrote:
PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK.

Then don't read and watch, simple as that.
I have discovered that once people are truly captivated in their ignorance, they are generally unwilling to let the facts interfere.

alfa164

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:22 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

Another good Christmas "surprise" by WestJet; it is good to know there is some creativity left in the industry.

But I still think nothing beats their 2013 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk

boeing767300 wrote:
The usual phoney orchestrated seasonal garbage that we have come to expect from Westjet. Featuring people with no apparent life problems other than not being together over the holidays! Hopefully Santa is wearing his shiny new ALPA pin this year and all his helpers are wearing their CUPE pins. PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK.

I'm sure someone will appreciate your comments, Mr. Scrooge. And yes, please take a break...

:roll:

Bricktop

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:23 pm

boeing767300 wrote:

Thanks, Scrooge. You missed out the "Bah, Humbug! though. :tongue2:

Newbiepilot

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:35 pm

alfa164 wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

Another good Christmas "surprise" by WestJet; it is good to know there is some creativity left in the industry.

But I still think nothing beats their 2013 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk

boeing767300 wrote:

I'm sure someone will appreciate your comments, Mr. Scrooge. And yes, please take a break...

:roll:

The 2013 one was a lot more fun. That was great. Felt less scripted

EBJ68

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:29 pm

I thought they were both pretty awesome. Nice work Westjet.

jordanh

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:23 pm

boeing767300 wrote:

It could never happen. Santa is one-of-a-kind; there would be nobocy to join him in the union. With his job, he doesn't need one, anyway. And the elves have the best job in the world: they play with toys all year, one work day, and go around making everybody happy. No union ever did that!

And... if these unions create attitudes like your... nobody wants any part of them. $10.00 says you are a jealous AC employee.

slvrblt

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 pm

GREAT. VIDEO.

#HOLDIAYSPIRIT FTW.

Well done, WestJet.
..everything works out in the end.

SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author

Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:52 pm

alfa164 wrote:

Kids reaction are always the best.

Seabear

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm

boeing767300 wrote:

He's an angry elf...

sixtyseven

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Seabear wrote:
boeing767300 wrote:

He's an angry elf...

That’s pretty funny hahaha he’s an angry elf. Beauty!
Stand-by for new ATIS message......

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos