aerorobnz

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - December 2018

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am

HLZCPH wrote:
Hi. I see NZ6 to LAX (OKN) turned back to AKL on Wednesday night and hasn't flown since. Does anyone know what the problem was?
I saw NZM pop up on the radar briefly yesterday at the AKL maintenance shop. Is it getting close to coming back into service? Must be getting a bit crowded with NZC, NZF, NZJ, NZM parked up!

ZK-NZM had a proving flight today. OKN had a defect that forced it to return, it has been fixed by the following day but hasn't been used since.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

ZK-NBT

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 pm

aerorobnz wrote:
HLZCPH wrote:
Hi. I see NZ6 to LAX (OKN) turned back to AKL on Wednesday night and hasn't flown since. Does anyone know what the problem was?
I saw NZM pop up on the radar briefly yesterday at the AKL maintenance shop. Is it getting close to coming back into service? Must be getting a bit crowded with NZC, NZF, NZJ, NZM parked up!

ZK-NZM had a proving flight today. OKN had a defect that forced it to return, it has been fixed by the following day but hasn't been used since.

OKN NZ6 AKL-LAX 7/12
NZM NZ284 AKL-SIN 8/12 first flight in a few months

aerohottie

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:47 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
NZ6 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1812/S00185/air-new-zealand-to-operate-christchurch-singapore-services.htm

NZ to operate seasonal CHC-SIN With 789.

Didn't see that you had posted this as I hadn't refreshed my page. My apologies.

All good. I can’t say I saw that coming but it will replace the second seasonal SQ service that is 3 weekly, so a 5 weekly 789 is a nice little increase, looks like a code 2? Certainly not where i expected those to go. Good to see however.

Bit disappointed. This was a potential opportunity for Air NZ to operate the 789 on WLG-SIN, and operate double daily WLG-MEL A320 flights, and leave SQ to focus on CHC instead of WLG
What?

zkncj

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:05 am

aerohottie wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

Didn't see that you had posted this as I hadn't refreshed my page. My apologies.

All good. I can’t say I saw that coming but it will replace the second seasonal SQ service that is 3 weekly, so a 5 weekly 789 is a nice little increase, looks like a code 2? Certainly not where i expected those to go. Good to see however.

Bit disappointed. This was a potential opportunity for Air NZ to operate the 789 on WLG-SIN, and operate double daily WLG-MEL A320 flights, and leave SQ to focus on CHC instead of WLG

Wouldn't the 789 still need an stop ex-WLG? if it was to go to SIN?

ZK-NBT

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 am

aerohottie wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

Why? The 789 would take a fairly hefty hit ex WLG, NZ/SQ only codeshare WLG-SIN but not WLG-MEL don’t they?

NZ6

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:44 am

aerohottie wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

You say your disappointed as there was a 'potential opportunity' but was there any actual potential in this or just wishful creative thinking or personal want?

I'm not being rude, there's a difference between a clear missed opportunity and something wanted.

aerorobnz

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 am

aerohottie wrote:

I would rather have SQ serve the market. Superior product in just about every way, especially if they send an A350 that way in the future too.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

ZK-NBT

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 am

I saw a comment on another board saying NZ had to do CHC-SIN, I may have misread it or is there some truth to this that NZ have to operate a certain percentage of the NZ-SIN capacity under the Renewed JV? They will operate 2 AKL-SIN services over the NS.

I’d imagine this will be times similar to NZ’s AKL-SIN to allow a W AKL-SIN-CHC Vv routing, although they could do it through PER aswell. And SQ push their flight back 3hrs to give shorter European connections ex CHC similar to what they did with SQ285/286 ex AKL.

aerorobnz wrote:
aerohottie wrote:

I would rather have SQ serve the market. Superior product in just about every way, especially if they send an A350 that way in the future too.

I’d say SQ would want their own metal in all 3 cities, AKL/WLG/CHC should WLG continue long term. With NZ covering some AKL/CHC flights as they do as there is higher frequency. I doubt SQ would give up WLG for NZ to operate and I personally doubt NZ would want to operate WLG-SIN be it non stop or via OZ.

aklrno

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 am

Has there been any talk or information about NZ joining the TSA precheck system in the US? With all the expansion into more US airports to attract American tourist dollars it would be nice to improve the travel experience at US airports. I suspect most American tourists coming to New Zealand are experienced travelers so probably are enrolled in Precheck. I for one would like to avoid the main TSA queue at LAX.

Next week I’ll be on NZ metal but a UA ticket. UA has my precheck info but it does me no good on an NZ aircraft.

PA515

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Air NZ A321-271NX ZK-NNC (msn 8573) on delivery XFW-MCT as ANZ6092.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ANZ6092/1ecd5486

PA515

NZ6

Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:41 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
I saw a comment on another board saying NZ had to do CHC-SIN, I may have misread it or is there some truth to this that NZ have to operate a certain percentage of the NZ-SIN capacity under the Renewed JV?
They will operate 2 AKL-SIN services over the NS.

I don't believe it's as black and white as that, from what I understand it's about ensuring you meet the obligations and consumer benefits outlined in the application....to simplify it during the NW SQ is operating a 77W and A380 from AKL, a 772 from WLG and traditionally a 772 from CHC while NZ has 1x 789 from AKL.

As the alliance grows, you need to demonstrate how both airlines working together is beneficial to each other and ultimately the consumer/market.

ZK-NBT wrote:
I’d say SQ would want their own metal in all 3 cities, AKL/WLG/CHC should WLG continue long term. With NZ covering some AKL/CHC flights as they do as there is higher frequency. I doubt SQ would give up WLG for NZ to operate and I personally doubt NZ would want to operate WLG-SIN be it non stop or via OZ.

Why would you want metal in all 3 cities..... under the alliance NZ and SQ are both "in" all 3 already. There's no real benefit for having your own metal there other than for the plane spotter...

Gasman

Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm

NZ6 wrote:
Why would you want metal in all 3 cities..... under the alliance NZ and SQ are both "in" all 3 already. There's no real benefit for having your own metal there other than for the plane spotter...

The benefit is in providing your customers the product they have paid for and are loyal to. Brand image to SQ is huge, and to the SQ customers that subscribe to it, switching from SQ's product to hip-hop safety video would be jarring, to say the least.

ZK-NBT

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:02 pm

NZ6 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
I saw a comment on another board saying NZ had to do CHC-SIN, I may have misread it or is there some truth to this that NZ have to operate a certain percentage of the NZ-SIN capacity under the Renewed JV?
They will operate 2 AKL-SIN services over the NS.

I don't believe it's as black and white as that, from what I understand it's about ensuring you meet the obligations and consumer benefits outlined in the application....to simplify it during the NW SQ is operating a 77W and A380 from AKL, a 772 from WLG and traditionally a 772 from CHC while NZ has 1x 789 from AKL.

As the alliance grows, you need to demonstrate how both airlines working together is beneficial to each other and ultimately the consumer/market.

ZK-NBT wrote:

Sure it’s not as black and white as that I agree, maybe it comes down to SQ not having enough A359’s to serve CHC more than once daily? I am somewhat surprised by NZ doing it personally.

SQ have a very strong brand and it’s not like NZ have any plans to serve WLG-SIN either non stop or via OZ afaik. They won’t drop AKL and likely wouldn’t drop CHC, its not like UA or something but they only serve AKL where no one else flies WLG/CHC-US.

Megatop747-412

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:
HLZCPH wrote:

OKN NZ6 AKL-LAX 7/12

Sorry I might have missed any or some part of this earlier, if it was discussed, but I’m just wondering why was NZM out for a couple of months? I noted it’s last (previous) flight was in Sept, until the recent air test and subsequent NZ284/283 AKL-SIN vv flight flight. Was NZM also having the RR enginee issues that have plagued the rest of the 789 fleet?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Megatop747-412 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdiey

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:57 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
Sure it’s not as black and white as that I agree, maybe it comes down to SQ not having enough A359’s to serve CHC more than once daily? I am somewhat surprised by NZ doing it personally.

SQ have a very strong brand and it’s not like NZ have any plans to serve WLG-SIN either non stop or via OZ afaik. They won’t drop AKL and likely wouldn’t drop CHC, its not like UA or something but they only serve AKL where no one else flies WLG/CHC-US.

Do you think this new route might indicate a general change in NZs attitude to CHC? Peehaps US flights in future?

DavidByrne

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 pm

aerorobnz wrote:

Umm, SQ does serve the market, daily, all year round. So why the angst about giving customers a choice of carrier in the summer? This sounds like just another example of NZ-bashing. Boring.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

NZ6

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Gasman wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

The benefit is in providing your customers the product they have paid for and are loyal to. Brand image to SQ is huge, and to the SQ customers that subscribe to it, switching from SQ's product to hip-hop safety video would be jarring, to say the least.

So, based on this logic why is SQ in the alliance in the first place?

Don't let your own personal view speak for SQ here.

NZ6

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:21 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
[

Yes, It could be as simple as NZ wanting to increase the capacity between CHC and SIN within the alliance and SQ preferring to use the equipment elsewhere in their network, this leaving NZ being 'forced' into adding the extra capacity themselves.

As always, there's a lot of speculation around these things... and like always, it's a great way to comment on NZ's 'inferior' product even though they perform as a business amazingly well and, let's not forget SQ being in alliance in the first place suggests they are more than happy to have their customers travel on this product.

Gasman

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 pm

NZ6 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
[

As always, there's a lot of speculation around these things... and like always, it's a great way to comment on NZ's 'inferior' product even though they perform as a business amazingly well and, let's not forget SQ being in alliance in the first place suggests they are more than happy to have their customers travel on this product.

It doesn't suggest they are "more than happy" at all. I'd suspect "begrudgingly accepting" would be closer to the mark for most carriers in terms of their feelings towards their alliance partners.

You said "there's no real benefit in using your own metal except for planespotters", and I'm saying particularly for an airline with a brand image like SQ, there is.

NZ6

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Gasman wrote:
NZ6 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
[

It doesn't suggest they are "more than happy" at all. I'd suspect "begrudgingly accepting" would be closer to the mark for most carriers in terms of their feelings towards their alliance partners.

You said "there's no real benefit in using your own metal except for planespotters", and I'm saying particularly for an airline with a brand image like SQ, there is.

If SQ didn't like NZ's product and weren't happy would they be in the alliance? is the alliance a must for SQ, or even as remotely close to important it is to say NZ?

The alliance is about putting more seats into the market together and using each other's strengths to sell these seats, From NZ's end, it's their domestic network and local selling power and from SQ, it's using's their hub and European/Indian connections along with their selling power/presence in these markets.

aerorobnz

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 am

DavidByrne wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:

Umm, SQ does serve the market, daily, all year round. So why the angst about giving customers a choice of carrier in the summer? This sounds like just another example of NZ-bashing. Boring.

It was raised that someone was a bit disappointed by the fact NZ weren't doing WLG-CHC, hence I was referring to Wellington, not Christchurch. It was not NZ bashing at all. I would rather have one airline serve WLG properly than have bits and pieces schedules with inconsistent products.

zkeoj

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:23 am

Does anybody know how I can figure out when any of the three leased 777s are doing trans-Tasman runs? I looked for flights to SYD/BNE/MEL, but had no indication of any of them?

Cheers
micha

aerorobnz

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:36 am

zkeoj wrote:
Does anybody know how I can figure out when any of the three leased 777s are doing trans-Tasman runs? I looked for flights to SYD/BNE/MEL, but had no indication of any of them?

Cheers
micha

your best bet is RAR or PPT for SQ planes, Some days you will strike them to PER and other places. OKT tends to be on NZ6. It doesn't allow for many options for transtasman ops. It has done NAN/MEL (pm) in recent weeks, but often it stays all day in AKL. I can give you some idea on PM if you need specific dates.

nomorerjs

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:23 am

Looking at NZ27 ORD-AKL, it seems to be leaving late almost every flight (not that there have been many). NZ26 is arriving early or on-time into ORD.

Any reason for this?
AKL seems to have delays many mornings
ORD weather?
UA connections?
Weight problem?

ZK-NBT

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:38 am

Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:

OKN NZ6 AKL-LAX 7/12

Sorry I might have missed any or some part of this earlier, if it was discussed, but I’m just wondering why was NZM out for a couple of months? I noted it’s last (previous) flight was in Sept, until the recent air test and subsequent NZ284/283 AKL-SIN vv flight flight. Was NZM also having the RR enginee issues that have plagued the rest of the 789 fleet?

Thanks in advance.

Can’t remember exactly, it was a different issue to the other aircraft, this one had the updated TEN engines.

Birdiey wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Do you think this new route might indicate a general change in NZs attitude to CHC? Peehaps US flights in future?

I wouldn’t think so personally, but through JV’s I do wonder if you could see a UA operated seasonal to start with CHC-LAX/SFO 788? Or CA CHC-PVG if they are allowed to do that route?

NZ6 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
[

Yes, It could be as simple as NZ wanting to increase the capacity between CHC and SIN within the alliance and SQ preferring to use the equipment elsewhere in their network, this leaving NZ being 'forced' into adding the extra capacity themselves.

I wasn’t in any way intending to bash NZ’s product.

DavidByrne

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 am

aerorobnz wrote:
It was raised that someone was a bit disappointed by the fact NZ weren't doing WLG-CHC, hence I was referring to Wellington, not Christchurch. It was not NZ bashing at all. I would rather have one airline serve WLG properly than have bits and pieces schedules with inconsistent products.

Apologies - I misunderstood.

NYKiwi

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 am

Re NZ26
Noticed the same and wondering if it has to do with deicing delays out of ORD maybe gate delays into AKL.is the only other thing comes to mind

I have noticed the interesting route back it takes......the other night it went west and hit the California coast way north of San Fran before turning south west I always expected a track over northern Mexico.dunno what drives these tracks

a7ala

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:22 am

Gasman wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

As the NZ/VA alliance has shown these arrangements don't always stick around for ever. I'm sure SQ has that in mind by flying their metal in to all 3 cities.

Its hard to re-establish yourself if you remove your metal and hand over your marketing and sales to the other airline, as VA are now finding.

PA515

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:03 am

Air NZ A321-271NX ZK-NNC (msn 8573) delivery flight resumes MCT-KUL as ANZ6092.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ANZ6092/1ecf8277

PA515

777ER
Head Moderator

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:22 am

PA515 wrote:
Air NZ A321-271NX ZK-NNC (msn 8573) delivery flight resumes MCT-KUL as ANZ6092.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ANZ6092/1ecf8277

PA515

So with this delivery, is there shortly an additional 3x A320s on domestic or hasn't the additional A320s been transferred yet?
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

NZ6

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:41 am

a7ala wrote:
Gasman wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

As the NZ/VA alliance has shown these arrangements don't always stick around for ever. I'm sure SQ has that in mind by flying their metal in to all 3 cities.

Its hard to re-establish yourself if you remove your metal and hand over your marketing and sales to the other airline, as VA are now finding.

A very valid point, both just renewed to 2024 (by memory). Not sure if that offers any more reassurance or not.

Megatop747-412

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:03 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

OKN NZ6 AKL-LAX 7/12

Thanks in advance.

Can’t remember exactly, it was a different issue to the other aircraft, this one had the updated TEN engines.

Thanks Sir. I too thought that NZL onwards hav the updated TEN engines and hence weren’t affected by the RR engine issues. Thanks in any case.

Megatop747-412

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:15 am

NZ6 wrote:
a7ala wrote:
Gasman wrote:

A very valid point, both just renewed to 2024 (by memory). Not sure if that offers any more reassurance or not.

I have a slightly different take on perhaps why NZ will “take over” the additional season SIN-CHC flights from next year (NW19) onwards, and that’s perhaps SQ might not have enough long haul configured A350s come that time to service the route... With their daily SQ297/298 going A350 in Jan 2019, my guess is that they would want to offer a consistent product on SIN-CHC, even on th4 seasonal flights, but come Jan 2019 IST will remain their only long haul destination served by long haul B772ERs. If SQ were to receive anymore new long haul A359s in 2019 I believe IST would get it ahead of the additional SIN-CHC flights. Besides, with SQ starting SIN-SEA non stop next year using regular long haul A359 and not the ULRs, they would be a further “shortage”... Hence the NZ starting SIN-CHC may be a strategic thing - this in itself could be a good example of SQ/NZ working together in this alliance...?

Just my 2 cents of thought...

ZK-NBT

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:22 am

Megatop747-412 wrote:
NZ6 wrote:
a7ala wrote:

I have a slightly different take on perhaps why NZ will “take over” the additional season SIN-CHC flights from next year (NW19) onwards, and that’s perhaps SQ might not have enough long haul configured A350s come that time to service the route... With their daily SQ297/298 going A350 in Jan 2019, my guess is that they would want to offer a consistent product on SIN-CHC, even on th4 seasonal flights, but come Jan 2019 IST will remain their only long haul destination served by long haul B772ERs. If SQ were to receive anymore new long haul A359s in 2019 I believe IST would get it ahead of the additional SIN-CHC flights. Besides, with SQ starting SIN-SEA non stop next year using regular long haul A359 and not the ULRs, they would be a further “shortage”... Hence the NZ starting SIN-CHC may be a strategic thing - this in itself could be a good example of SQ/NZ working together in this alliance...?

I agree, I think BNE loses all 3 long haul A350’s, it didn’t get any long haul configured aircraft before the A350’s were on the route, it’s also been getting a long haul 772 on the 4th flight, that’s where they are freeing up aircraft from for now atleast. I’ve no idea if there are anymore long haul A359’s planned. BNE and ADL are first to get the regional ones however.

Megatop747-412

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

I agree, I think BNE loses all 3 long haul A350’s, it didn’t get any long haul configured aircraft before the A350’s were on the route, it’s also been getting a long haul 772 on the 4th flight, that’s where they are freeing up aircraft from for now atleast. I’ve no idea if there are anymore long haul A359’s planned. BNE and ADL are first to get the regional ones however.

I believe there will be more long haul configured A350/ to come, after the initial regional configured ones gets delivered. They do need more to start SEA, which is a confirmed route, and maybe IST. And I believe CPH May switch from 77WR to A350 too, so they definitely needs more.
Last edited by Megatop747-412 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Megatop747-412

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

I believe there will be more long haul configured A350/ to come, after the initial regional configured ones gets delivered. They do need more to start SEA, which is a confirmed route, and maybe IST. And I believe CPH May switch from 77WR to A350 too, so they definitely needs more.

NZ321

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Have I missed something? Since when did NZ announce CHC-SIN? Not be reported on Airlineroute AFAIK.
Plane mad!

Megatop747-412

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:19 pm

NZ321 wrote:
Have I missed something? Since when did NZ announce CHC-SIN? Not be reported on Airlineroute AFAIK.

I was picked up and reported by Scoop - http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1812/S ... rvices.htm

That appears to be the only place (so far) with the news. It hasn’t been picked up by Airlineroute and neither have NZ or SQ announced it in their respective press release web sites.

Megatop747-412

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:

Oops apologies for the double posting...

NZ6

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 pm

NZ321 wrote:

It's the plan for next year so not in schedules yet or officially announced by the airline.

smartplane

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Sir. I too thought that NZL onwards hav the updated TEN engines and hence weren’t affected by the RR engine issues. Thanks in any case.

Is this the air frame with a warranty issue? In which case the engines were probably switched to others in the fleet, while remedial work was completed.

ZK-NBT

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:16 am

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press-r ... e-services

Literally Exactly the same schedule as AKL-SIN so a seamless swap of aircraft.

Will be interesting to see if ORD does well and increases, the aircraft will come from somewhere else, I presumed (wrongly) the extra code 2 789 would be used to increase ORD to 5-6 weekly, maybe with CHC-SIN at 5 weekly they will be able to squeeze 1 more ORD frequency in? Or maybe they have no plans to increase yet.

DavidByrne

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press-release-2018-air-new-zealand-to-operate-christchurch-singapore-services

I was wondering whether they might use the other two days a week (Mon and Wed) for AKL-PER services, simplifying the scheduling for the AKL-PER services (and also potentially being more efficient). We will see, I guess.

ZK-NBT

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:50 am

[twoid][/twoid]
DavidByrne wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press-release-2018-air-new-zealand-to-operate-christchurch-singapore-services

I was wondering whether they might use the other two days a week (Mon and Wed) for AKL-PER services, simplifying the scheduling for the AKL-PER services (and also potentially being more efficient). We will see, I guess.

What do you mean simplifying? Extra evening services? There is a daily 1045 and 3 weekly 1950 ex AKL.

Or do Wednesday, Friday CHC-PER with the inbound SIN aircraft it’s back for the following day CHC-SIN.

There was a recent mention of potentially more PER services, maybe AKL goes 12 weekly or something plus 2 CHC?

The Tuesday arrival ORD-AKL could do AKL-ORD Tuesday evening arrive back Thursday as there is no Wednesday CHC-SIN that would work.

bevan7

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:33 am

Any update as to whether the strike is still going ahead?

NZ321

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 am

Interesting the timing of the CHC-SIN Air NZ flight is so close to the SQ flight. Not optimal in terms of wider choice for passengers - SQ could have done an A380 instead given this schedule lol :)
Plane mad!

ZK-NBT

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:26 pm

NZ321 wrote:
Interesting the timing of the CHC-SIN Air NZ flight is so close to the SQ flight. Not optimal in terms of wider choice for passengers - SQ could have done an A380 instead given this schedule lol :)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the SQ flight is retimed 2-4 hrs later atleast during this period personally.

NZ6

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:

Will be interesting to see if ORD does well and increases, the aircraft will come from somewhere else, I presumed (wrongly) the extra code 2 789 would be used to increase ORD to 5-6 weekly, maybe with CHC-SIN at 5 weekly they will be able to squeeze 1 more ORD frequency in? Or maybe they have no plans to increase yet.

God how did I miss this, I even checked the public website to see if it was announced via a media update and couldn't see it.

The extra capacity will help keep fares down. This is good for the consumer.

Yes although for now, it's not offering a wide range of options with regard to time. Will we see an SQ or NZ schedule change before next year. Perhaps this is still being worked through and placing capacity into the market now is a strategic move. :wink2: :shhh:

SCFlyer

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:49 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

The BNE 772 (SQ265/SQ266) is actually the 2-class (regional) config in recent months, and is scheduled to be replaced with the A330 on some of the SQ265/SQ266 flights over the summer. It's been confirmed at AUSBT that BNE will get a mix of 2-class and 3-class A350s.

The current rumours is that SQ245/SQ246 will be the sole BNE pair that will remain with the 3-class A350. That pair is the BNE-SIN redeye (daytime SIN-BNE) which connects to/from the daytime SIN-LHR-SIN flights.

DavidByrne

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Another possibility with the extra CHC-SIN services is that NZ and SQ had planned this all along, since the start of the JV, but that NZ taking on the summer seasonals had to await the delivery of sufficient aircraft. We just don't know . . .

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos