avier
Topic Author
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:55 am

Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew after being denied alcohol

A drunk business class passenger went on a rant onboard a London-bound Air India flight after the crew refused to serve her any more alcohol

What we know is that the woman's rant began when the flight's cabin crew complained to the commander that the woman had gotten too drunk.

The commander then instructed his crew not to serve her any more liquor.

This made the passenger, who was sitting in business class, angry, and she started abusing the flight crew.

At some point during this video (warning: the video contains strong language), she walks up close to one of the crew members. The flying stripes on the crew member's shoulder suggest that he is one of the Air India flight's pilots.



Full story with video of incident in the link below:

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-news/story/watch-video-air-india-drunk-irish-woman-rant-1388070-2018-11-14

Seems like crazy pax continue their assault on flight crew members. :cry:
 
texdravid
Posts: 1766
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:59 am

There is probably no harsher Air India critic on Anet than me. However, that AI Crew showed remarkable restraint and should have handcuffed her, restrained her and even diverted the flight and charge her for any and all expenses for such. Oh, put her on a no fly list forever.

Her neo-colonial vulgar demeanor and anti-Indian diatribe is inexcusable and she should be taught a harsh lesson.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.
 
maint123
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 am

Bet she gets off scott free and air India is vilified.
Remember the recent case of the cricketer Ben Stokes who knocked two guys out and broke a guys eye socket after heavy drinking and got off Scott free.
His partner in crime , who was caught on camera kicking people on the floor in the head, was not even charged.
British justice.
 
Galwayman
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:42 am

She sounds 100 % English and her attitude is obviously British neo colonial ... possibly she’s travelling on a passport of convenience .

Disgraceful behaviour
 
bennett123
Posts: 8698
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:58 am

Does not sound Irish.

Lack of obvious accent suggests Southern England.
 
EK770
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 am

Please change title... she may be an INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL LAWYER (or whatever?!) but she is most certainly NOT Irish.
 
eicvd
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:06 am

EK770 wrote:
Please change title... she may be an INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL LAWYER (or whatever?!) but she is most certainly NOT Irish.

Exactly, title should be changed.
COYBIB
 
User avatar
CARST
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:15 am

Wonder why they didn't put handcuffs / cable-ties on her and sat here in some lavatory or wherever she's no annoyance to crew and especially other pax.

I'm just sorry for the crew having to deal with her and the pax having to hear her, probably keeping some from sleeping. Such persons should get a 10 year ban on flying on ALL airlines.

Unbelievable I'm saying this, considering it's crazy Air India, but the airline should have been way more strict on her.
 
JesseCasserly
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am

Literally the furthest thing from an Irish accent!!! LOL!! But wow, I can never understand how people can act like this, it makes me so sad. Very big well done to the AI crew for remaining so composed!
 
User avatar
flyingsikh
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:50 am

Wow! That crew fellow sure stayed super calm! I think he even smiled at some point!

Remarkable restraint!
Today gives us a chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars.
 
avier
Topic Author
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:06 pm

In many instances in the recent past when the pax have been at the receiving end of any kind of mistreatment, there are many videos shot of it to be shared with the world to show how bad airlines and their staff can be. This could be seen in the many episodes that happened in the US, more so with airlines like UA, DL, etc.

So I'm glad this time when crew were at the receiving end of the abuse from pax, its been captured to show the nature of those unruly pax. Usually these incidents do not have video proofs of crew being abused, so one cannot get the severity of the issue or have any of those sentiments for the crew like they have for pax that were victims.

Hope more crew around the world start recording these kinds of miscreants.
 
Amiga500
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:22 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:18 pm

EK770 wrote:
Please change title... she may be an INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL LAWYER (or whatever?!) but she is most certainly NOT Irish.


and we can handle our drink 8-)
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2264
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Wow. That lady needed to be flushed down the toilet. After being slapped in the face!
 
Aptivaboy
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Its probably a good thing that she's an "international criminal lawyer." She now has a new client.
 
hiflyeras
Posts: 1978
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Hard to watch...and the crew was incredibly patient with her. Her professional life is likely ruined and she is being vilified world-wide...a little jail time is probably in order as well. She should also be banned from travel by any airline although that probably won't happen except maybe AI. Maybe she'll get some help as she obviously needs it. I fear she'll be in the news again after taking her own life.
 
User avatar
Carlos01
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:52 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Aptivaboy wrote:
Its probably a good thing that she's an "international criminal lawyer." She now has a new client.


Well she seemed to be awfully proud of her profession, maybe she just needed to announce it to the world. :lol:

I think the crew did just the right thing, what else can you really do apart from being almost amused by this whole thing. Even better that this "event" is on tape, because I have a feeling the lady will not remember much of that the next day. She will only remember how badly she was treated. A bit like a certain female-person who I am living with, she has a miraculous ability to forget every word she said during a rage-attack, and yet remember every single word I threw back in her general direction.
 
User avatar
caoimhin
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Galwayman wrote:
She sounds 100 % English and her attitude is obviously British neo colonial ... possibly she’s travelling on a passport of convenience .

Disgraceful behaviour


Certainly not an Irish woman.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Instant racist d-bag. Just add alcohol.

It's a good thing I don't have to deal with the general public. Bless those who can.
 
F27500
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:49 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
texdravid wrote:
There is probably no harsher Air India critic on Anet than me. However, that AI Crew showed remarkable restraint and should have handcuffed her, restrained her and even diverted the flight and charge her for any and all expenses for such. Oh, put her on a no fly list forever.

Her neo-colonial vulgar demeanor and anti-Indian diatribe is inexcusable and she should be taught a harsh lesson.



Anything else? No life-long imprisonment in a Siberian labor camp? Forfeiture of her home, family, job and assets? I'm theres more you can think of!
 
eirflot
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:52 pm

She is not irish
She may have a Brexit passport but our drunks are much more dignified!!!!!!!
Such rubbish
 
eidvm
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Definitely not an Irish passenger, not with that accent and attitude anyways.
 
User avatar
dangerhere
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Please change the title...
 
art
Posts: 2837
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:48 pm

I suspect that

(a) she was brought up (or should I say 'down') in England. Definitely a non-Irish accent..Sounds English to me. Possibly one of many thousands with British nationality who have been granted an Irish passport recently (due to wanting to retain an EU passport after the UK exits from the EU).

(b) she is not a barrister practising in the English courts. For one thing, her limited vocabulary is entirely at odds with being a trained legal advocate. International criminal lawyer? I'm not sure of the definition of 'international criminal lawyer' but I doubt she is one unless the term covers a host of evils.

What an obnoxious, disgusting, self-aggrandising person. Credit to the crew for their patience.
 
AY104
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:35 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Kudos to the Air India crew for their patience and professionalism. This idiotic woman only succeeded in making a fool of herself. She sounds common as muck! At least they did arrest her on arrival at Heathrow.
The only thing a customer should expect for his/her loyalty is good service
 
miguel0881
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:52 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:57 pm

art wrote:
I suspect that

(a) she was brought up (or should I say 'down') in England. Definitely a non-Irish accent..Sounds English to me. Possibly one of many thousands with British nationality who have been granted an Irish passport recently (due to wanting to retain an EU passport after the UK exits from the EU).

(b) she is not a barrister practising in the English courts. For one thing, her limited vocabulary is entirely at odds with being a trained legal advocate. International criminal lawyer? I'm not sure of the definition of 'international criminal lawyer' but I doubt she is one unless the term covers a host of evils.

What an obnoxious, disgusting, self-aggrandising person. Credit to the crew for their patience.


Almost certainly a Brexit passport. Which raises the question, why is Ireland giving out passports to people whose grandparents or even great-grandparents were born in the North and who have no allegiance to the Republic of Ireland just so they can retain EU privileges and embarrass the country with stunts like this? On the other hand, many proud Irish Americans such as myself are told we are too distant to qualify. Makes no sense!
 
eirflot
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Miguel0881
Interesting comment
BUT America is not a county or province of the island of Ireland
The whole population of the island of Ireland (North and South) are entitled to hold an Irish passport
It's what civilised countries do when faced with unusual political circumstances
 
miguel0881
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:52 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:33 pm

eirflot wrote:
Miguel0881
Interesting comment
BUT America is not a county or province of the island of Ireland
The whole population of the island of Ireland (North and South) are entitled to hold an Irish passport
It's what civilised countries do when faced with unusual political circumstances


Fair enough, eirflot. But I guarantee you that many of us over here visit Ireland much more frequently than these "Brexit Irish" :-).
 
User avatar
dangerhere
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm

miguel0881 wrote:
art wrote:
I suspect that

(a) she was brought up (or should I say 'down') in England. Definitely a non-Irish accent..Sounds English to me. Possibly one of many thousands with British nationality who have been granted an Irish passport recently (due to wanting to retain an EU passport after the UK exits from the EU).

(b) she is not a barrister practising in the English courts. For one thing, her limited vocabulary is entirely at odds with being a trained legal advocate. International criminal lawyer? I'm not sure of the definition of 'international criminal lawyer' but I doubt she is one unless the term covers a host of evils.

What an obnoxious, disgusting, self-aggrandising person. Credit to the crew for their patience.


Almost certainly a Brexit passport. Which raises the question, why is Ireland giving out passports to people whose grandparents or even great-grandparents were born in the North and who have no allegiance to the Republic of Ireland just so they can retain EU privileges and embarrass the country with stunts like this? On the other hand, many proud Irish Americans such as myself are told we are too distant to qualify. Makes no sense!


Miguel, this is factually incorrect. As stated, every person born in Northern Ireland has the right to a British passport, Irish or both. Northern Ireland has nothing to do with some people in the UK claiming Irish passports. It just happens there's a lot of second generation Irish in UK who are in their 50s and 60s now, comfortable with their dual identity and have the possibility of an EU passport in a country when most of the people there won't. You also have the largest non Irish nationality group in Ireland being British (as well as Polish, each having over 100,000 in a country of 4 million), if I'm not mistaken under the CTA, British people resident in Ireland can even vote in Irish general elections (the UK reciprocates this) and use the nominally public health service as if they were Irish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area#British_citizens_in_Ireland

I wouldn't read too much into X number of British people applying for Irish passports; many of them were always entitled, they just never really needed an Irish passport until now. That doesn't make them less Irish or English or whatever. How far back do you want to go to get an Irish passport, centuries?! Most likely when your ancestors left Ireland, it was a part of the UK, so you see the problem here?

In any case, I doubt this lady even holds an Irish passport, judging by the sensational article it might be that someone on the flight who thought they heard someone else tell someone that she's Irish. Certainly she doesn't even look like she has a drop of Irish blood.
 
User avatar
tjcab
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:14 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 pm

F27500 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
texdravid wrote:
There is probably no harsher Air India critic on Anet than me. However, that AI Crew showed remarkable restraint and should have handcuffed her, restrained her and even diverted the flight and charge her for any and all expenses for such. Oh, put her on a no fly list forever.

Her neo-colonial vulgar demeanor and anti-Indian diatribe is inexcusable and she should be taught a harsh lesson.



Anything else? No life-long imprisonment in a Siberian labor camp? Forfeiture of her home, family, job and assets? I'm theres more you can think of!


Not sure what you are saying her, nor how it's helpful to this discussion. Unlike their post, which is suggesting a course of action against the perpetrator, you appear to mock the poster instead. It's almost as if you are trivializing the severity of the passengers actions.

Personally, I agree with texdravid. this passenger, and others that behave in this manner, should receive the harshest possible punishment befitting of the crime, thus sending a clear message that abusive behavior would not be tolerated.
 
miguel0881
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:52 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 pm

dangerhere wrote:
miguel0881 wrote:
art wrote:
I suspect that

(a) she was brought up (or should I say 'down') in England. Definitely a non-Irish accent..Sounds English to me. Possibly one of many thousands with British nationality who have been granted an Irish passport recently (due to wanting to retain an EU passport after the UK exits from the EU).

(b) she is not a barrister practising in the English courts. For one thing, her limited vocabulary is entirely at odds with being a trained legal advocate. International criminal lawyer? I'm not sure of the definition of 'international criminal lawyer' but I doubt she is one unless the term covers a host of evils.

What an obnoxious, disgusting, self-aggrandising person. Credit to the crew for their patience.


Almost certainly a Brexit passport. Which raises the question, why is Ireland giving out passports to people whose grandparents or even great-grandparents were born in the North and who have no allegiance to the Republic of Ireland just so they can retain EU privileges and embarrass the country with stunts like this? On the other hand, many proud Irish Americans such as myself are told we are too distant to qualify. Makes no sense!


Miguel, this is factually incorrect. As stated, every person born in Northern Ireland has the right to a British passport, Irish or both. Northern Ireland has nothing to do with some people in the UK claiming Irish passports. It just happens there's a lot of second generation Irish in UK who are in their 50s and 60s now, comfortable with their dual identity and have the possibility of an EU passport in a country when most of the people there won't. You also have the largest non Irish nationality group in Ireland being British (as well as Polish, each having over 100,000 in a country of 4 million), if I'm not mistaken under the CTA, British people resident in Ireland can even vote in Irish general elections (the UK reciprocates this) and use the nominally public health service as if they were Irish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area#British_citizens_in_Ireland

I wouldn't read too much into X number of British people applying for Irish passports; many of them were always entitled, they just never really needed an Irish passport until now. That doesn't make them less Irish or English or whatever. How far back do you want to go to get an Irish passport, centuries?! Most likely when your ancestors left Ireland, it was a part of the UK, so you see the problem here?

In any case, I doubt this lady even holds an Irish passport, judging by the sensational article it might be that someone on the flight who thought they heard someone else tell someone that she's Irish. Certainly she doesn't even look like she has a drop of Irish blood.


Actually, I don't think anything I said is factually inaccurate. In fact, Ireland is giving out passports to individuals whose only ties are to the North (which, whether we like it or not, is not an internationally recognized part of the Republic of Ireland), and I was speculating that this lady could have obtained her passport in that way. I can't think of another sovereign country that issues passports to those whose only ties are to another sovereign nation, although perhaps there are some similar examples in the Balkan States or other places. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if Ireland rethinks its policy in view of Brexit.

Of course, you're right that we don't know this lady's claim to Ireland, or even whether she is Irish, since I agree it seems strange that a dual UK-Irish national would travel from India to the UK on an Irish passport. And I understand the need to restrict citizenship for those who emigrate, although some countries (Italy and Poland, for example) are much more generous than Ireland in that respect.
 
User avatar
dangerhere
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:34 pm

miguel0881 wrote:
dangerhere wrote:
miguel0881 wrote:

Almost certainly a Brexit passport. Which raises the question, why is Ireland giving out passports to people whose grandparents or even great-grandparents were born in the North and who have no allegiance to the Republic of Ireland just so they can retain EU privileges and embarrass the country with stunts like this? On the other hand, many proud Irish Americans such as myself are told we are too distant to qualify. Makes no sense!


Miguel, this is factually incorrect. As stated, every person born in Northern Ireland has the right to a British passport, Irish or both. Northern Ireland has nothing to do with some people in the UK claiming Irish passports. It just happens there's a lot of second generation Irish in UK who are in their 50s and 60s now, comfortable with their dual identity and have the possibility of an EU passport in a country when most of the people there won't. You also have the largest non Irish nationality group in Ireland being British (as well as Polish, each having over 100,000 in a country of 4 million), if I'm not mistaken under the CTA, British people resident in Ireland can even vote in Irish general elections (the UK reciprocates this) and use the nominally public health service as if they were Irish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area#British_citizens_in_Ireland

I wouldn't read too much into X number of British people applying for Irish passports; many of them were always entitled, they just never really needed an Irish passport until now. That doesn't make them less Irish or English or whatever. How far back do you want to go to get an Irish passport, centuries?! Most likely when your ancestors left Ireland, it was a part of the UK, so you see the problem here?

In any case, I doubt this lady even holds an Irish passport, judging by the sensational article it might be that someone on the flight who thought they heard someone else tell someone that she's Irish. Certainly she doesn't even look like she has a drop of Irish blood.


Actually, I don't think anything I said is factually inaccurate. In fact, Ireland is giving out passports to individuals whose only ties are to the North (which, whether we like it or not, is not an internationally recognized part of the Republic of Ireland), and I was speculating that this lady could have obtained her passport in that way. I can't think of another sovereign country that issues passports to those whose only ties are to another sovereign nation, although perhaps there are some similar examples in the Balkan States or other places. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if Ireland rethinks its policy in view of Brexit.


Of course Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom legally but under the terms of the Belfast Agreement 1998 (lodged with the UN), everyone born on the island of Ireland with an parent born there too has the automatic right to be an Irish citizen. Just like everyone born in Dublin or Cork with a parent born there has the automatic right to be an Irish citizen. It's not about giving passports out to anyone. You make it sound like Ireland is giving passports out to Serbians or Hungarians. We obviously have a deep relationship with the rest of the island of Ireland, and in many ways far more than British people do on a daily basis, they will be the first to admit that as well. Many people on mainland Britain and plainly ignorant that they even have a land border with the EU ffs.

https://peacemaker.un.org/sites/peacemaker.un.org/files/IE%20GB_980410_Northern%20Ireland%20Agreement.pdf

(vi) recognise the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves
and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly
confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both
Governments and would not be affected by any future change in the status of
Northern Ireland.

2. The participants also note that the two Governments have accordingly undertaken in the
context of this comprehensive political agreement, to propose and support changes in,
respectively, the Constitution of Ireland and in British legislation relating to the constitutional
status of Northern Ireland.


As these Brexit negotiations and potential deal have shown, Northern Ireland has a special relationship with both the UK and Ireland. I'm quite happy for those of British or Irish identity in NI to live and prosper in peace, but you're totally misrepresenting the complex identities there. As it happens if Ireland unifies in the future, everyone in the north east of the island will be automatically entitled to British passports as well. Likewise with Brexit, nothing changes because the GFA is set in stone. Another thing I think you are somewhat ignorant about here is that the majority or Irish passports issued after Brexit are not in NI but from mainlaind Britain, ie English people of Irish descent.

This 'lady' with a very strong Essex twang has no certainly zero connection to Northern Ireland, it may well be she has an Irish passport through growing up in Britain but we don't know.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7059
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Based on media reports,

She was born in Northern Ireland, carried an Irish passport on this trip.
She is some sort of legal/activist who does pro-bono(from the rant) work for refugees.
Vacationed two months in Goa, India and on her way back home.

Her contention, she is trying to save the world by helping refugees and Air India cannot even give her a bottle of wine. There are alleged reports, she tried to swipe a wine bottle from the cart.

She is coherent enough to know Air India and Jet Airways are Indian carriers, and she can get people to boycott those two.

She also chanted names of exotic entities around the world, which would have got her bracelets and fighter jet escort and immediate diversion. But this is Air India, no one cares, except when they miss radio calls for 15 minutes, NATO Rapid Response Force will be on their tail with an invoice.
 
miguel0881
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:52 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Based on media reports,

She was born in Northern Ireland, carried an Irish passport on this trip.
She is some sort of legal/activist who does pro-bono(from the rant) work for refugees.
Vacationed two months in Goa, India and on her way back home.

Her contention, she is trying to save the world by helping refugees and Air India cannot even give her a bottle of wine. There are alleged reports, she tried to swipe a wine bottle from the cart.

She is coherent enough to know Air India and Jet Airways are Indian carriers, and she can get people to boycott those two.

She also chanted names of exotic entities around the world, which would have got her bracelets and fighter jet escort and immediate diversion. But this is Air India, no one cares, except when they miss radio calls for 15 minutes, NATO Rapid Response Force will be on their tail with an invoice.


Very interesting. Thanks for this additional information, and for confirming my hunch.
 
Gr8Circle
Posts: 2589
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:44 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Based on media reports,

But this is Air India, no one cares, except when they miss radio calls for 15 minutes, NATO Rapid Response Force will be on their tail with an invoice.



You just couldn't keep yourself from some run of the mill AI bashing, eh? Was wondering when someone like you would crawl out from under a rock....
 
ly7e7
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:15 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:37 pm

EK770 wrote:
Please change title... she may be an INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL LAWYER (or whatever?!) but she is most certainly NOT Irish.

Her last name is O’brien - which may have led to assuming she is Irish. Lawyer she is , and a lead of an anti Israel BDS movement.
2 things are endless: ignorance and space
 
bennett123
Posts: 8698
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:00 pm

What is BDS?.
 
User avatar
dangerhere
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

bennett123 wrote:
What is BDS?.


Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions. And there was me thinking that she was against Israelis who like to play with whips and leather ;)
 
wildwobby
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Pretty good proof of the psychosis of the BDS movement...
A319 A320 A321 A380 B712 B733 B735 B736 B737 B738 B739 B752 B753 B763 B772 B77W B788 CONC CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 DC10 E120 E145 F100 MD80 MD83 MD88 MD90
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7059
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:07 pm

Gr8Circle wrote:
Based on media reports,

But this is Air India, no one cares, except when they miss radio calls for 15 minutes, NATO Rapid Response Force will be on their tail with an invoice.



You just couldn't keep yourself from some run of the mill AI bashing, eh? Was wondering when someone like you would crawl out from under a rock....


Come on. You didn't even get the sarcasm. It was not about Air India or the lady. The joke was about NATO QRA.

I am still not convinced that she is a bad person, particularly if she is really helping refugees around the world. Maybe she had a bad moment under influence.

AI crew get slapped around by bigger crooks(DYKWIAs) every day and they cannot even complain. That's how they developed ultimate restraint. Although I think CC's calmness may have set her off even more.
 
DalRiada
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:10 pm

miguel0881 wrote:
dangerhere wrote:
miguel0881 wrote:

Almost certainly a Brexit passport. Which raises the question, why is Ireland giving out passports to people whose grandparents or even great-grandparents were born in the North and who have no allegiance to the Republic of Ireland just so they can retain EU privileges and embarrass the country with stunts like this? On the other hand, many proud Irish Americans such as myself are told we are too distant to qualify. Makes no sense!


Miguel, this is factually incorrect. As stated, every person born in Northern Ireland has the right to a British passport, Irish or both. Northern Ireland has nothing to do with some people in the UK claiming Irish passports. It just happens there's a lot of second generation Irish in UK who are in their 50s and 60s now, comfortable with their dual identity and have the possibility of an EU passport in a country when most of the people there won't. You also have the largest non Irish nationality group in Ireland being British (as well as Polish, each having over 100,000 in a country of 4 million), if I'm not mistaken under the CTA, British people resident in Ireland can even vote in Irish general elections (the UK reciprocates this) and use the nominally public health service as if they were Irish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area#British_citizens_in_Ireland

I wouldn't read too much into X number of British people applying for Irish passports; many of them were always entitled, they just never really needed an Irish passport until now. That doesn't make them less Irish or English or whatever. How far back do you want to go to get an Irish passport, centuries?! Most likely when your ancestors left Ireland, it was a part of the UK, so you see the problem here?

In any case, I doubt this lady even holds an Irish passport, judging by the sensational article it might be that someone on the flight who thought they heard someone else tell someone that she's Irish. Certainly she doesn't even look like she has a drop of Irish blood.


Actually, I don't think anything I said is factually inaccurate. In fact, Ireland is giving out passports to individuals whose only ties are to the North (which, whether we like it or not, is not an internationally recognized part of the Republic of Ireland), and I was speculating that this lady could have obtained her passport in that way. I can't think of another sovereign country that issues passports to those whose only ties are to another sovereign nation, although perhaps there are some similar examples in the Balkan States or other places. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if Ireland rethinks its policy in view of Brexit.

Of course, you're right that we don't know this lady's claim to Ireland, or even whether she is Irish, since I agree it seems strange that a dual UK-Irish national would travel from India to the UK on an Irish passport. And I understand the need to restrict citizenship for those who emigrate, although some countries (Italy and Poland, for example) are much more generous than Ireland in that respect.


Those born in the north, or with ancestral ties to it, may not be part of the 26 counties lucky enough to escape the colonial yoke, but I refute and resent the insinuation that we are any less Irish than someone born in Skibereen or Galway. The Irish passport represents the Irish nation and not simply the political construct in the south.
 
vald
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:22 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:32 pm

JesseCasserly wrote:
Literally the furthest thing from an Irish accent!!! LOL!! But wow, I can never understand how people can act like this, it makes me so sad. Very big well done to the AI crew for remaining so composed!


Im Irish, She might be travelling on a Irish Passport (as So many people from the UK) But this (Lady?) is from England.
 
miguel0881
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:52 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 pm

DalRiada wrote:
miguel0881 wrote:
dangerhere wrote:

Miguel, this is factually incorrect. As stated, every person born in Northern Ireland has the right to a British passport, Irish or both. Northern Ireland has nothing to do with some people in the UK claiming Irish passports. It just happens there's a lot of second generation Irish in UK who are in their 50s and 60s now, comfortable with their dual identity and have the possibility of an EU passport in a country when most of the people there won't. You also have the largest non Irish nationality group in Ireland being British (as well as Polish, each having over 100,000 in a country of 4 million), if I'm not mistaken under the CTA, British people resident in Ireland can even vote in Irish general elections (the UK reciprocates this) and use the nominally public health service as if they were Irish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area#British_citizens_in_Ireland

I wouldn't read too much into X number of British people applying for Irish passports; many of them were always entitled, they just never really needed an Irish passport until now. That doesn't make them less Irish or English or whatever. How far back do you want to go to get an Irish passport, centuries?! Most likely when your ancestors left Ireland, it was a part of the UK, so you see the problem here?

In any case, I doubt this lady even holds an Irish passport, judging by the sensational article it might be that someone on the flight who thought they heard someone else tell someone that she's Irish. Certainly she doesn't even look like she has a drop of Irish blood.


Actually, I don't think anything I said is factually inaccurate. In fact, Ireland is giving out passports to individuals whose only ties are to the North (which, whether we like it or not, is not an internationally recognized part of the Republic of Ireland), and I was speculating that this lady could have obtained her passport in that way. I can't think of another sovereign country that issues passports to those whose only ties are to another sovereign nation, although perhaps there are some similar examples in the Balkan States or other places. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if Ireland rethinks its policy in view of Brexit.

Of course, you're right that we don't know this lady's claim to Ireland, or even whether she is Irish, since I agree it seems strange that a dual UK-Irish national would travel from India to the UK on an Irish passport. And I understand the need to restrict citizenship for those who emigrate, although some countries (Italy and Poland, for example) are much more generous than Ireland in that respect.


Those born in the north, or with ancestral ties to it, may not be part of the 26 counties lucky enough to escape the colonial yoke, but I refute and resent the insinuation that we are any less Irish than someone born in Skibereen or Galway. The Irish passport represents the Irish nation and not simply the political construct in the south.


Thanks for sharing, and no offense intended. Out of curiosity, since you were born in the North do you also hold UK nationality, or only Irish? I understand you have the right to a British passport, but do you have one and do you use it?
 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Posts: 1349
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Air India bashing is a favorite pastime on forums like ANET. But their crew can be very professional where it really counts. Air India crew handled the situation quite calmly. They could do that because they have tons of experience dealing with entitled desi a**holes everyday. The "Don't you know who my father is..." variety! Desi's can be far more entitled than this Irish lady. I have even seen casteist slurs being thrown at cabin crew when refused a drink! So for the AI crew, this was just another day at the office and they handled the situation calmly! And this may have set her off even more.

hiflyeras wrote:
Hard to watch...and the crew was incredibly patient with her. Her professional life is likely ruined and she is being vilified world-wide...a little jail time is probably in order as well. She should also be banned from travel by any airline although that probably won't happen except maybe AI. Maybe she'll get some help as she obviously needs it. I fear she'll be in the news again after taking her own life.


I don't think the lady should be banned permanently. She has not resorted to physical violence. Verbal violence, yes.

Clearly, the woman is going through some issues. She needs professional help. Perhaps the UK Healthcare system has something that can take care of whatever condition she is suffering from?
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!
 
DalRiada
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:45 am

miguel0881 wrote:
DalRiada wrote:
miguel0881 wrote:

Actually, I don't think anything I said is factually inaccurate. In fact, Ireland is giving out passports to individuals whose only ties are to the North (which, whether we like it or not, is not an internationally recognized part of the Republic of Ireland), and I was speculating that this lady could have obtained her passport in that way. I can't think of another sovereign country that issues passports to those whose only ties are to another sovereign nation, although perhaps there are some similar examples in the Balkan States or other places. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if Ireland rethinks its policy in view of Brexit.

Of course, you're right that we don't know this lady's claim to Ireland, or even whether she is Irish, since I agree it seems strange that a dual UK-Irish national would travel from India to the UK on an Irish passport. And I understand the need to restrict citizenship for those who emigrate, although some countries (Italy and Poland, for example) are much more generous than Ireland in that respect.


Those born in the north, or with ancestral ties to it, may not be part of the 26 counties lucky enough to escape the colonial yoke, but I refute and resent the insinuation that we are any less Irish than someone born in Skibereen or Galway. The Irish passport represents the Irish nation and not simply the political construct in the south.


Thanks for sharing, and no offense intended. Out of curiosity, since you were born in the North do you also hold UK nationality, or only Irish? I understand you have the right to a British passport, but do you have one and do you use it?


No problem.

I think it’s a woolly area to be honest, yes I suppose I would be a UK citizen in the sense that I am entitled to all the rights that someone with a British passport would have. However, I do not, never have had and never will have a British passport (even if Brexit was stopped and it stayed an EU passport) as a matter of principal. They’re my political views however and plenty from a unionist background would say the exact opposite.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2034
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:16 am

Quiet funny how this thread went from whatever to characteristics of Irish people :rotfl:
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2034
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:47 am

The accused woman has been sentenced to 6 months prison for her behaviour :white:

https://m.hindustantimes.com/world-news ... O_amp.html
 
77H
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:56 am

Aptivaboy wrote:
Its probably a good thing that she's an "international criminal lawyer." She now has a new client.


As the saying goes, a lawyer who represents themselves has a fool for a client. That said, this woman is a fool so who knows.

77H
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1403
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:57 am

anshabhi wrote:
The accused woman has been sentenced to 6 months prison for her behaviour :white:

https://m.hindustantimes.com/world-news ... O_amp.html


Good.
@DadCelo
 
MileHFL400
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:42 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:30 am

wildwobby wrote:
Pretty good proof of the psychosis of the BDS movement...


Whatever dude
Thanks and best Regards
AA
 
bennett123
Posts: 8698
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:21 am

Another career down the toilet.

What a waste.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos