Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SANFan

Re: ORF Route Development

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 am

flybaby wrote:
Southwest 1x weekly to SAN ending August 4. Wow, that was short.

I commented on this action by WN on the SAN-thread a week or 2 ago; I think the flight will operate a total of ~9 times!

Thinking optimistically, WN can study the loads and other feedback on those few test flights operated and can then decide what their next move is. In the past, Saturday-only test flights involving SAN usually resulted in daily service in those test markets.

I'm going to remain optimistic that WN will go for daily (and even year-round?) service between ORF and SAN on some subsequent schedule! Of course there's also the possibility that someone else might enter the route no matter what WN does. WN showing interest in the market might have awakened interest by AS, or who knows who else...

bb

NorfolkSpotter
Topic Author

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 pm

SANFan wrote:
flybaby wrote:
Southwest 1x weekly to SAN ending August 4. Wow, that was short.

I commented on this action by WN on the SAN-thread a week or 2 ago; I think the flight will operate a total of ~9 times!

Thinking optimistically, WN can study the loads and other feedback on those few test flights operated and can then decide what their next move is. In the past, Saturday-only test flights involving SAN usually resulted in daily service in those test markets.

I'm going to remain optimistic that WN will go for daily (and even year-round?) service between ORF and SAN on some subsequent schedule! Of course there's also the possibility that someone else might enter the route no matter what WN does. WN showing interest in the market might have awakened interest by AS, or who knows who else...

bb

There’s definitely an opportunity for daily service SAN. Last time I looked, SAN had around 200 passages per day each way! It could definitely become a daily route seasonally, and possibly year round!

NorfolkSpotter
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:19 pm

The Airport announced today that a new parking garage will be constructed. Parking isn’t really an issue at ORF so I see this project as a waste of money. Although Garages B and C need to be replaced within the next 10 years so I guess this new garage is replacing B and C.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pilotonlin ... 9.amp.html

NorfolkSpotter
Topic Author

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:58 pm

It's been a while since I posted, but I have good news!
American upgraded the ORF-MIA route to mainline for the summer!
It will be operated by an A319 and be once daily.

STT757

Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:35 pm

I think WN ORD-ATL should happen. In terms of new carriers what are the chances of ORF landing NK or F9? Both carriers are experiencing phenomenal growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NorfolkSpotter
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:26 pm

We already have F9 here at ORF, and I imagine we’ll get Spirit here in the next few years

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos