Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VirginFlyer

Re: JFK Rebuild - What's Delta Getting?

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:00 pm

747superliner wrote:
I'm not the one up-to-speed on JFK developments so this latest expansion is interesting. Wasn't T7 supposed to get a major overhaul or expansion of some sort? I keep seeing announcements every other year of some kind of terminal expansion at JFK so it's kind of confusing lol. I guess the Port Authority decided to consolidate several expansion projects into two main ones (north side and south side)?

Check out this thread for details: $10 Billion JFK Airport Renovation

V/F

747superliner

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks for the responses and information VirginFlyer and blockski, appreciate it!

jfern022

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:44 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
Summing up Delta: We just built JFK. We are building LGA at governors request (pressure). We will unify at T4, but dont expect us to throw billions more into NY airport building at this time.

And that’s a totally reasonable position from Delta.

How much do they really have to pay to play in New York?

I’m sure the LaGuardia rebuild wasn’t at the top of their list until the governor made a very public campaign to get them to match the new terminal in a unified way.

They know that despite being “under review” the LGA perimeter isnt going away in any meaningful way.

They essentially got pushed into the LGA rebuild while the paint was still wet at T4.

I think a lot of DL’s initial hesitation was the PA was unwilling to budge on the perimeter rule. I do feel once the reconstruction is complete, that may go bye-bye

jfklganyc

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

In 1992 conditions were so bad at the international arrivals building thanks to the stewardship of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, that four foreign airlines Created a partnership to build a new terminal on the old Eastern Airlines terminal site.

That is the current terminal 1 opened in 1994

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos