ctrabs0114
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Tulsa at Temple
Outbound flight: SY8604 B739 TUL-PHL
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KTUL/KPHL
Return flight: SY8605 B738 PHL-TUL
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KPHL/KTUL
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA
 
User avatar
UltimateDelta
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:42 am

Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010
 
User avatar
tjwgrr
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:09 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.
 
 
User avatar
UltimateDelta
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010
 
User avatar
FlyingJhawk
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:26 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Looks like the Jayhawks are using SW this year . . .first season ever IIRC.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA8089
 
metaldirtnskin
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:26 pm

 
KMCOFlyer
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Florida @ Tennessee. Gators using AA again this year. Kind of ironic as UF advertises DL as “the official airline of the Florida Gators.”

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KGNV/KTYS
 
TYSflyer
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:53 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Florida @ Tennessee. Gators using AA again this year. Kind of ironic as UF advertises DL as “the official airline of the Florida Gators.”

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KGNV/KTYS

Interesting. Does the football team ever fly Delta? I remember in the 90s seeing them fly to TYS on AA 727-200s.
 
legend500
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:05 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:03 pm

jb1087xna wrote:
Assuming yesterday's AFW-XNA flight on Allegiant was for UNT @ Arkansas today. A320/N251NV.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4405


UNT's using Allegiant this year, out of AFW (UNT usually uses AFW except for when WN has the contract, in which case they go to DAL).

North Texas @ Liberty (AFW-LYH)
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... v#1df2a479

Other DFW area teams:

Navy @ SMU (BWI-DAL)
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 3#1df22a0d

TCU took the bus to Austin.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:13 am

I'm assuming this is for Pittsburgh's game at UNC tomorrow:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK ... /KPIT/KRDU (Miami Air International 737)
Q400 E175 CRJ9 CRJX A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B764 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI FR LA YW IB CM UA DL 9E
FRA STR HAM TXL ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR SJO PTY
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:44 am

fsx98 wrote:
Plus one E120 heading for COU as well as FRG244, although I'm not sure if it's part of the Georgia Bulldogs football team charter:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FRG ... /KAHN/KCOU


Maybe they flew their equipment instead of trucking it?
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:21 am

smokeybandit wrote:
fsx98 wrote:
Plus one E120 heading for COU as well as FRG244, although I'm not sure if it's part of the Georgia Bulldogs football team charter:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FRG ... /KAHN/KCOU


Maybe they flew their equipment instead of trucking it?


Quite possibly, although I'm not aware of this aircraft carrying equipment...
Aviation junkie + computer expert!
 
KBUF
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:12 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:40 am

"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup."-Terry Pegula, February 22, 2011
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:41 am

fsx98 wrote:
Plus one E120 heading for COU as well as FRG244, although I'm not sure if it's part of the Georgia Bulldogs football team charter:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FRG ... /KAHN/KCOU

This one appears to be just a normal cargo flight...
No, "FA" in my username does not stand for "flight attendant"...
 
User avatar
UltimateDelta
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:26 am

Penn State's return flight after beating Illinois:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KCMI/KUNV
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:45 am

FlyingJhawk wrote:
Looks like the Jayhawks are using SW this year . . .first season ever IIRC.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA8089


KU used WN last season. I know a couple of SEC teams also use(d) WN - Arkansas and Mississippi State.
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 am

lugie wrote:
I'm assuming this is for Pittsburgh's game at UNC tomorrow:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK ... /KPIT/KRDU (Miami Air International 737)


I can't help but wonder if that plane is going to turn around and take the Steelers to Tampa for their Monday night game. I'm not completely surprised that Pitt dropped AA (or, knowing the way AA - and pm-US - has hosed PIT over the years, AA dropped Pitt).

Miami Air might as well set up shop at PIT, considering they now have the Penguins, Steelers and Pitt Panthers.
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:00 am

 
smokeybandit
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
lugie wrote:
I'm assuming this is for Pittsburgh's game at UNC tomorrow:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK ... /KPIT/KRDU (Miami Air International 737)


I can't help but wonder if that plane is going to turn around and take the Steelers to Tampa for their Monday night game. I'm not completely surprised that Pitt dropped AA (or, knowing the way AA - and pm-US - has hosed PIT over the years, AA dropped Pitt).

Miami Air might as well set up shop at PIT, considering they now have the Penguins, Steelers and Pitt Panthers.


Don't NFL teams usually go 757 or bigger?
 
User avatar
redzeppelin
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 pm

McNeese State @ BYU, Allegiant A320:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KCWF/KPVU

Montana State @ Portland State, G4 A319:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KBZN/KPDX
 
crownvic
Posts: 2245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Im just curious as to why a majority of the college teams travelling to Gainesville Florida to play the Florida Gators choose to land at Ocala Airport vs. Gainesville Regional Airport. It is approxiamately 45 miles away and could take up to an hour depending on traffic...I can only guess that all hotel rooms in the area are booked for home games??? Some good charter movements for Ocala including a 757!
 
KMCOFlyer
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:00 pm

crownvic wrote:
Im just curious as to why a majority of the college teams travelling to Gainesville Florida to play the Florida Gators choose to land at Ocala Airport vs. Gainesville Regional Airport. It is approxiamately 45 miles away and could take up to an hour depending on traffic...I can only guess that all hotel rooms in the area are booked for home games??? Some good charter movements for Ocala including a 757!


The visiting football team always stays at the Hilton in Ocala as there aren’t enough hotel rooms in Gainesville. I make that drive often and it never takes more than 30 mins for me and I would assume that the visiting football team would get a police escort, making the travel time even less for them. When the visiting team leaves, they always fly out of GNV.
 
crownvic
Posts: 2245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:26 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:
crownvic wrote:
Im just curious as to why a majority of the college teams travelling to Gainesville Florida to play the Florida Gators choose to land at Ocala Airport vs. Gainesville Regional Airport. It is approxiamately 45 miles away and could take up to an hour depending on traffic...I can only guess that all hotel rooms in the area are booked for home games??? Some good charter movements for Ocala including a 757!


The visiting football team always stays at the Hilton in Ocala as there aren’t enough hotel rooms in Gainesville. I make that drive often and it never takes more than 30 mins for me and I would assume that the visiting football team would get a police escort, making the travel time even less for them. When the visiting team leaves, they always fly out of GNV.


I figured that as I have seen the college teams get police escorts here in Orlando over the years including yesterday FAU on the 408 to UCF game 5 police cars and 4 buses a little excessive.. ...so they ferry the plane to Gainesville from Ocala??
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Depending on the airline, the plane doesn't always sit for the return trip. The commercial airlines usually don't, though I've seen some of the charter airlines like Sun Country and Miami Air park it.
 
metaldirtnskin
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:58 am

 
Biscayne738
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:15 am

Chuska wrote:
New Mexico State, NMSU, in Las Cruces, NM normally flies out of ELP but returns into the Las Cruces airport, LRU. On Aug 25 however, NMSU hosted Wyoming and Wyoming flew out of LRU back to LAR on SCX8611 (SCX8930 apparently ferried MDT-LRU). On Sep 8, NMSU played Utah State in Logan, UT. They returned on SCX8631 LGU-LRU then the aircraft ferried LRU-AUS as SCX 8681. This is about the only time LRU sees any type of large aircraft. Longest runway at LRU is 7506ft, elevation 4456. NMSU played UNM yesterday and will play UTEP next week. Next charter should be on Oct 6 when NMSU travels to Liberty in LYH.


LRU doesn't see many airliners for sure. I do know that Allegiant MD80s, Xtra Airways 737-400, Ameristar 737-200 have visited LRU over the years. Getting TSA to come up to screen outbound flights from ELP can be a challenge and can be a decision to use ELP. I wonder if the SCX crew was certified to screen passengers? When Ameristar was at LRU the crew screened the passengers. I was a passenger that's how I know.

NMSU has been stuck using ELP for years and has complained about the drive to ELP many times. One of the runways was damaged years ago and never repaired causing issues for airline operations. Glad to see LRU getting some airliner traffic.
 
User avatar
9lflyguy
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:49 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:36 am

UAPB vs. South Dakota State

I can't find the outbound but I know it was Allegiant. Here's the return though.

AAY4510 | KFSD - KLIT
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KFSD/KLIT
Flown on: 319, 320, 321, 712, 722, 732, 733, 734, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772, CR2, CR7, CR9, DHA, D8B, D8C, D95, E140, E145, E170, E175, E190, M82, M88, M90, S340
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 am

smokeybandit wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:
lugie wrote:
I'm assuming this is for Pittsburgh's game at UNC tomorrow:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK ... /KPIT/KRDU (Miami Air International 737)


I can't help but wonder if that plane is going to turn around and take the Steelers to Tampa for their Monday night game. I'm not completely surprised that Pitt dropped AA (or, knowing the way AA - and pm-US - has hosed PIT over the years, AA dropped Pitt).

Miami Air might as well set up shop at PIT, considering they now have the Penguins, Steelers and Pitt Panthers.


Don't NFL teams usually go 757 or bigger?


Usually, yes. But, since AA stopped chartering for the Steelers and Miami Dolphins (among other teams), they've used a pair of 737s from BSK. I think the Packers have been known to double-plane on some DL charters as well (IIRC, it's been either 757/A320 or 737/A320 combos, at least early in the season).
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA
 
jb1087xna
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Looks like Alabama is coming to Arkansas on a DL A321 today. TCL-XNA.
| A319/20/21/33 | B717,722,733/5/7/8/9,744,752,762/3 | CR1/2/7/9 | D95 | E145/75 | M82/8/90 |
Next up: XNA-MSP-SEA-MSP-XNA. CR7-752-753-CR7.
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Mizzou is flying a SY B738 to South Carolina:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOU/KCAE
Aviation junkie + computer expert!
 
jb1087xna
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Alabama leaving Arkansas on a DL 757. N557NW. XNA-TCL.
| A319/20/21/33 | B717,722,733/5/7/8/9,744,752,762/3 | CR1/2/7/9 | D95 | E145/75 | M82/8/90 |
Next up: XNA-MSP-SEA-MSP-XNA. CR7-752-753-CR7.
 
metaldirtnskin
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 pm

This must have been WSU @ Oregon State, I was wondering if they would drive or fly:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA ... /KPUW/KEUG
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:41 pm

I have Mizzou flying a Sun Country B738 and an Elite Airways CRJ2 to BHM, and then taking some busses to Tuscaloosa (TCL) for the Alabama game tomorrow:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOU/KBHM
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/MNU ... /KCOU/KBHM
Aviation junkie + computer expert!
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:34 am

Minnesota at Ohio State:
SY8600 B738 MSP-CMH
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KMSP/KCMH
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA
 
User avatar
UltimateDelta
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:08 am

Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Pitt at Notre Dame
Taking Pitt Back Home
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK555
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Penn State @Indiana

Their typical UA2527 flight

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2527
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Nevada @ Hawaii
AS 738
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/as9681

Looks like they made a pit stop in OAK before heading to HNL. Maybe for a quick shot of gas?? Anyone?
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Aviation junkie + computer expert!
 
User avatar
UltimateDelta
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010
 
us330
Posts: 3494
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2000 7:00 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:03 am

Oregon flying into LWS instead of Pullman to take on Washington State
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KEUG/KLWS

As someone who doesn't really follow Washington State football, is flying into Lewiston versus Pullman the norm, and if so, why?
 
metaldirtnskin
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:27 am

us330 wrote:
Oregon flying into LWS instead of Pullman to take on Washington State
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KEUG/KLWS

As someone who doesn't really follow Washington State football, is flying into Lewiston versus Pullman the norm, and if so, why?


I was just wondering the same thing; I feel like I've seen flight into or out of PUW for WSU or Idaho games before.

Only thing I can think of is that Skywest has a presence at LWS, but only AS is in Pullman? Maybe it's a ground services thing.
 
User avatar
UltimateDelta
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:01 am

metaldirtnskin wrote:
Only thing I can think of is that Skywest has a presence at LWS, but only AS is in Pullman? Maybe it's a ground services thing.


I don't have any more insight into what's going on, but I did notice that Southern Utah (who plays at Idaho tomorrow) flew into LWS as well, so there's definitely something up.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Aviation junkie + computer expert!
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Oregon State @ Colorado: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA ... /KEUG/KBJC

Aircraft: AS 737-900
No, "FA" in my username does not stand for "flight attendant"...
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Oregon @ Arizona: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KEUG/KTUS

Aircraft: UA 737-900
No, "FA" in my username does not stand for "flight attendant"...
 
teneriffe77
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:00 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:48 pm

 
jb1087xna
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Vanderbilt came to Arkansas (and leaving on) a DL 757.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KXNA/KBNA
N668DN flew BNA-XNA yesterday and looks like N682DA will do the return.
| A319/20/21/33 | B717,722,733/5/7/8/9,744,752,762/3 | CR1/2/7/9 | D95 | E145/75 | M82/8/90 |
Next up: XNA-MSP-SEA-MSP-XNA. CR7-752-753-CR7.
 
User avatar
UltimateDelta
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:56 am

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Charters

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:14 am

New Mexico returning from a...shall we say, unsuccessful outing at Utah State:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KLGU/KABQ

They flew in yesterday on the same aircraft (N815SY).
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos