Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jumbojet
Topic Author

Delta F/A's & Fleet Workers Could Vote on Union Soon

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 pm

so says the Machinists.

According to a Forbes article, the International Association of Machinists scheduled an all-day demonstration at Delta's employee parking lot at the Atlanta airport. Today's demonstration was to include marches, speeches and handbill distribution as the union seeks to collect enough signatures to call on the National Mediation Board to schedule representation elections. The IAM is confident that they will get the required signatures to call on the National Mediation Board to schedule representation elections.

Personally, this will spell doom and gloom for the airline if the F/A's unionize.

A delta spokesperson said the following:

Delta spokeswoman Ashton Kang said the IAM is not needed at the airline.
"We believe the IAM’s reputation of divisiveness, pitting employees and leadership against each other, speaks for itself," Kang said. "While we respect our employees' right to decide whether unionization is best for them, we believe that a direct relationship is the strongest voice you can have – evidenced by the shared success Delta people have enjoyed for nearly 90 years."

There is a reason why DL ranks higher than UA and AA when it comes to customer service facing issues. One, no union at Delta and two, a better, more efficient hiring and training process. If they unionize, DL will unfortunately lose quite a bit of its luster and become much closer in rankings to its peers.

Full Forbes article here

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... 59f71f7f69

TransWorldOne

Re: Delta F/A's & Fleet Workers Could Vote on Union Soon

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:54 pm

I dont understand how a union, which is better for the workers, will spell doom and gloom for Delta but okay.

MIflyer12

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Nevermind JumboJet's slant, the only 'news' is that IAM and FA unions assert that they will have enough signatures to qualify for an election soon. What else are they supposed to say? There will be elections when the NMB schedules them. I don't assume Delta will lose the elections if/when they are held.

LawAndOrder

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
I dont understand how a union, which is better for the workers, will spell doom and gloom for Delta but okay.

If it's better for the workers why arent AA and UA flight attendants happy. Since unions are good and wil help Delta shouldnt't they have helped the legacies with the employees job satisfaction and morale?

Last time i checked delta consistently earns one of the best places to work for in the US. This is coming from someone who is in a Union at another carrier.

SPREE34

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:

You need to read up on some airline history. It's not 1940, and not the coal mines. Where is Eastern now?

Where is PATCO? Oh yeah, they took real good care of their workers by throwing an illegal strike. That one ended badly for the workers. For those who like to blame or vilify Reagan for the outcome, you are wrong and need to read more history, and law. They followed an inept, narcissistic union leadership to slaughter.

History is replete with examples of unions choking businesses out. While on the face, IAM may play the "better for workers tune", IAM has a history of taking care pretty good care of the IAM first and foremost. Follow the money.

I have held multiple union positions so am not anti-union. I've also been on the staff/management side. Either side can diminish or destroy an organization. Collaboration is the way to go, and IAM isn't about collaboration.

Boof02671

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:21 pm

The NLRB has nothing to do with airlines. That would be the NMB.

Do you know PDL FAs have a social security offset?

The sleep on floors or planes during IROPS since DL does nothing for them.

Shall I go on?

IPFreely

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:43 pm

SPREE34 wrote:
While on the face, IAM may play the "better for workers tune", IAM has a history of taking care pretty good care of the IAM first and foremost. Follow the money.

This is true. But in some circumstances the IAM has been very effective at selling their tune, including companies that outsource everything up to and including their outsourcing department. DL FA’s are watching domestic flying go to Connection carriers and international flying go to AF, KL, KE, VS, and other JV’s. They have no say over if or when the outsourcing of their jobs will stop — right now their only protection is contacts negotiated by unions representing other work groups that are looking out for their own best interests and not the FA’s. The IAM could easily convince a lot of FA’s that they need someone representing them to at least slow down the outsourcing.

739er

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:44 pm

jumbojet wrote:

Personally, this will spell doom and gloom for the airline if the F/A's unionize.

There is a reason why DL ranks higher than UA and AA when it comes to customer service facing issues. One, no union at Delta and two, a better, more efficient hiring and training process. If they unionize, DL will unfortunately lose quite a bit of its luster and become much closer in rankings to its peers.

Awesome!....So this means jumbojet will have to stop posting how great thou art Delta. Can hardly wait.

CriticalPoint

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:03 pm

SPREE34 wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

You need to read up on some airline history. It's not 1940, and not the coal mines. Where is Eastern now?

That scumbag Lorenzo destroyed Eastern.

jumbojet
Topic Author

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 pm

739er wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Awesome!....So this means jumbojet will have to stop posting how great thou art Delta. Can hardly wait.

anything is possible. All a union will do for Delta is pit employee against employer. bad for the company and bad for the frequent fliers.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm

What I take from the article is that once again the IAM is trying to reinsert themselves in DL. Whether the majority of employees in said workgroup want this remains to be seen.

The rest of the article is quotes that are obviously bias toward the desired position of each side. Of course the IAM rep is going to give some positive statement of confidence about a vote, its in their best interest. Of course the DL rep is going to give a positive statement on their position as well.

The whole article is much ado about nothing. Corporate non-speak and union propaganda on both sides.
The IAM does this almost annually ever since they lost-out post-merger.

jayunited

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:15 pm

jumbojet wrote:

The only issue I have with your statement centers around "a better more efficient hiring and training process." Unions have nothing to do with hiring and training and each of the US3 airlines have over 80,000 employees many who do their job without fail day in and day out so you statement about being better and more efficient at hiring and training is subjective at best. What unions do have a say in is when a company can terminate an employee. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it is probably easier for DL to fire a non employee who violates a company policy than it is for either AA or UA to do the same to a union employee. What I noticed when I was a union employee was unions provide safe haven to employees especially employees who do not perform their job duties as expected.

I'm not anti-union I believe they do serve a purpose and while unions carry out their original intended purpose they have morphed into entities that now protect lazy, lackadaisical, people who no longer care about how they treat customers. When your actions carry no consequence because of union protection that is when some employees start not to care how their behavior, action or inaction effect those they are supposed to serve.

As far as DL fleet workers unionizing we've down this road before I don't see how this will end any differently.

ozark1

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 pm

LawAndOrder wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

If it's better for the workers why arent AA and UA flight attendants happy. Since unions are good and wil help Delta shouldnt't they have helped the legacies with the employees job satisfaction and morale?

Last time i checked delta consistently earns one of the best places to work for in the US. This is coming from someone who is in a Union at another carrier.

If the F/A's are smart, they will not vote in a union. I am also in a union at another carrier. It is constantly a fight about something. If the union is seen being friendly with management in any way, many members get mad. Yes, all you have to do is look at DL's numbers...in all categories...passenger satisfaction, fewest cancellations, on time performance...and one questions why. It's because they take more pride in what they do and haven't been beaten down by consistent conflict. To think that DL took one of the most unionized, strike-prone companies (NW) and integrated them nearly flawlessly....and then remaining mainly non-union says it all. They will always see what the other carriers are doing and one-up them on everything. A very successful way to keep the unions out and to keep their employees happy.

TNTravelGuy

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:51 pm

What is really interesting is the IAM is still supposedly under Federal investigation for their previous attempts at organizing the DL F/A groups. Allegedly there were forged cards presented in the last drive. FWIW and IMHO, DL F/A's would suffer under the IAM. The IAM has been accused of neglect and other law-breaking at other IAM-represented companies. Education is the key for the DL work groups using real/truthful information. As a former airline worker, I'd rather keep my monthly dues in my pocket and work with the Open Door Policy that Delta has.

gwrudolph

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 pm

LawAndOrder wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

Hahaha! Good point!

global1

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 pm

"They sleep on the floors of planes during IROPS because Delta won't do anything for them".
Give me a break!
I'm pre-merger NW and I can say that the last 10years have so far been the best in my career.
We've got a great thing going here.
Don't have my vote.

beerbus

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:40 pm

jumbojet wrote:
so says the Machinists.

The IAM is confident that they will get the required signatures to call on the National Mediation Board to schedule representation elections.

The IAM has been mailing letters containing signature cards, sending reminder post cards to DL FA's, while also having their supporters pass out "cards" on aircraft and layovers for over three years now.

And they still don't have the required number of signatures required to call for an election.

Me thinks the IAM wants the monthly dues: 23,000 FA's x aprox $50.00 per month per FA. (some pay more, some will pay less)

That equals $13,800,00.00.

Annually.

A lot of money in the IAM coffers.

And I write this as a retired, union-represented FA.

Cheers!

DDR

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:00 pm

ozark1 wrote:

If the F/A's are smart, they will not vote in a union. I am also in a union at another carrier. It is constantly a fight about something. If the union is seen being friendly with management in any way, many members get mad. Yes, all you have to do is look at DL's numbers...in all categories...passenger satisfaction, fewest cancellations, on time performance...and one questions why. It's because they take more pride in what they do and haven't been beaten down by consistent conflict. To think that DL took one of the most unionized, strike-prone companies (NW) and integrated them nearly flawlessly....and then remaining mainly non-union says it all. They will always see what the other carriers are doing and one-up them on everything. A very successful way to keep the unions out and to keep their employees happy.

I agree ozark1. Plus if the DL F/A's are smart, they will realize they can get all the perks without paying dues. DL can't attract quality people if they aren't competitive with AA and the others. I honestly think unions protect the bad employees too often.

WkndWanderer

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:25 pm

TNTravelGuy wrote:
What is really interesting is the IAM is still supposedly under Federal investigation for their previous attempts at organizing the DL F/A groups. Allegedly there were forged cards presented in the last drive. FWIW and IMHO, DL F/A's would suffer under the IAM. The IAM has been accused of neglect and other law-breaking at other IAM-represented companies. Education is the key for the DL work groups using real/truthful information. As a former airline worker, I'd rather keep my monthly dues in my pocket and work with the Open Door Policy that Delta has.

I'm curious too about the results of the DOJ probe after the NMB referred the case of the fraudulent signature cards (something like 2,000?) during the IAM's last attempt to unionize Delta's FA's in 2015 uncovered them and the IAM had to withdraw their attempt. The IAM had initially tried to say that how they conducted their campaign was their own business, but then ultimately had to acknowledge large numbers of the cards were "questionable" or fraudulent and then it didn't have much choice but to at least publicly support the investigation.

https://www.ajc.com/business/feds-probe ... obljVEH6J/
Last edited by WkndWanderer on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CobaltScar

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 pm

LawAndOrder wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

jetBlue also use to make those lists of best places to work and they Unionized a couple months ago. Good luck to Delta FAs with their union vote.

As far as people still complaining and being unhappy, that is human nature and will never change. Union will give contractual protection though, no matter if you are happy or sad.

IPFreely

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:09 am

CobaltScar wrote:
jetBlue also use to make those lists of best places to work and they Unionized a couple months ago.

Those lists are meaningless. One of my first jobs was working for a company that had several years in a row on a "best company to work for" list. Do you know how they did it? They donated money to the organization that published the list. It's akin to the companies that used to publish lists of the top high school seniors in America every year; the requirement for being a top senior was to pre-purchase the book!

questions

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:08 am

IPFreely wrote:
This is true. But in some circumstances the IAM has been very effective at selling their tune, including companies that outsource everything up to and including their outsourcing department. DL FA’s are watching domestic flying go to Connection carriers and international flying go to AF, KL, KE, VS, and other JV’s. They have no say over if or when the outsourcing of their jobs will stop — right now their only protection is contacts negotiated by unions representing other work groups that are looking out for their own best interests and not the FA’s. The IAM could easily convince a lot of FA’s that they need someone representing them to at least slow down the outsourcing.

Wow! What a bunch of unsubstantiated blather.

No company has an “outsourcing department.” Are there cross functional teams of people who analyze outsourcing opportunities, create business cases, make recommendations and negotiate outsourcing partnerships? Yes. Are there cross functional teams of people who implement the outsourcing plan? Yes. Do companies have “outsourcing departments”? No.

With all this “domestic flying go[ing] to Connection carriers and international flying go to AF, KL, KE, VS, and other JV’s] to what degree have the number of DL FA’s decreased? What was the number of DL and NW FA’s at the time of the DL/NW merger? How many FA’s does DL have today?

TheFlyingDisk

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:24 am

CriticalPoint wrote:
SPREE34 wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

From what I read, Lorenzo got into Eastern because the union went toe to toe with Frank Borman and "won".

Now a union is fine if they work for mutual benefit, but when it puts the welfare of the union above all others you're setting a course for disaster. Of course this applies to management too.

ericm2031

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:31 am

IPFreely wrote:
SPREE34 wrote:
DL FA’s are watching domestic flying go to Connection carriers and international flying go to AF, KL, KE, VS, and other JV’s. They have no say over if or when the outsourcing of their jobs will stop — right now their only protection is contacts negotiated by unions representing other work groups that are looking out for their own best interests and not the FA’s. The IAM could easily convince a lot of FA’s that they need someone representing them to at least slow down the outsourcing.

I don't have exact numbers but considering DL has 717's and soon A220's, it would seem that DL FA's have more flying opportunities than AA and UA. Just looking at fleet sizes across the legacies, DL has the highest percentage of mainline vs regional. I'd like to see numbers as it seems like more routes have gotten upgauged to mainline vs "outsourced" to regional over the years.

strfyr51

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:40 am

jumbojet wrote:
so says the Machinists.

According to a Forbes article, the International Association of Machinists scheduled an all-day demonstration at Delta's employee parking lot at the Atlanta airport. Today's demonstration was to include marches, speeches and handbill distribution as the union seeks to collect enough signatures to call on the National Mediation Board to schedule representation elections. The IAM is confident that they will get the required signatures to call on the National Mediation Board to schedule representation elections.

A delta spokesperson said the following:

Delta spokeswoman Ashton Kang said the IAM is not needed at the airline.
"We believe the IAM’s reputation of divisiveness, pitting employees and leadership against each other, speaks for itself," Kang said. "While we respect our employees' right to decide whether unionization is best for them, we believe that a direct relationship is the strongest voice you can have – evidenced by the shared success Delta people have enjoyed for nearly 90 years."

Full Forbes article here

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... 59f71f7f69

The Pilots are ALPA and have been for quite a while, The mechanics are a mixed bag now with some Ex-AirTran. Ex-Northwest, and Delta. Could be?
They want to see "Parity" in all things. Not knowing what their working conditions are? I can only speculate but I suspect it's their Hiring practices (which seem pretty Strange to me) and their method of assignments (which seems REALLY strange to me. (My nephew works there as a Mechanic and I interviewed there before taking a job with United at SFO many years ago. I was never sure they had everything all in the same "Sock" as they seemed efficient but not NEARLY as superior as they were touted to be. . I was the foreman on an Emergency Field Service team that went to Atlanta to change an engine on a B757. We were down up Rigged and Run in 6.5 hours. which was pretty standard at the time. But the Delta Foremen thought it was something out of the ordinary. We later changed an engine on one of their B767's at SFO and with our OWN equipment, were were Down,Up, Rigged and Run and ready to go back to the Gate in 5:35. And they inspected EVERY Facet of the engine change before they signed off on it. They said that was really fast but that's what we were used to. so it didn't seem fast to me.
So why they're seeking a Union? (Or a Union is seeking THEM??) Is a whole 'Nuther Story.

jfern022

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:50 am

Boof02671 wrote:
The NLRB has nothing to do with airlines. That would be the NMB.

Shall I go on?

The sleeping on floors was one ridiculous IROP which since then the processes have been improved.

I remember an irop last year where some FA’s “were sleeping on the floor in the PIT lounge”, who were just proving a point. There are more people available to get those hotels and DL has made it clear if you absolutely cant get a hold of them, get your own hotel and DL will reimburse them.

Anyone who is stuck “on the floor” now is probably there on their own volition.

MIflyer12

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:23 am

ericm2031 wrote:
IPFreely wrote:
SPREE34 wrote:
DL FA’s are watching domestic flying go to Connection carriers and international flying go to AF, KL, KE, VS, and other JV’s. They have no say over if or when the outsourcing of their jobs will stop — right now their only protection is contacts negotiated by unions representing other work groups that are looking out for their own best interests and not the FA’s. The IAM could easily convince a lot of FA’s that they need someone representing them to at least slow down the outsourcing.

I don't have exact numbers but considering DL has 717's and soon A220's, it would seem that DL FA's have more flying opportunities than AA and UA. Just looking at fleet sizes across the legacies, DL has the highest percentage of mainline vs regional. I'd like to see numbers as it seems like more routes have gotten upgauged to mainline vs "outsourced" to regional over the years.

I would encourage SPREE34 to look at the data of relative fleet sizes (and FA count) over the last ten years. There are fewer RJs than there were in 2009. There are far more mainline aircraft. These are simple, objective facts.

As for Delta trying to shift flying to international partners, that can be seen as a straight terms-of-trade issue. Every time Delta employees get a raise (or benefit improvement, or favorable work rule change) they are relatively less competitive on a labor-dollar basis. Want more flying? Be more productive.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 pm

toobz

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Bye bye best in the industry profit sharing. I think anyone with half a brain is going to vote no. Except the lazy people who are on the brink of getting fired. They may see some use in having a union. All you have to do is look at UA and AA..how has having a union worked out for their morale

santi319

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Good for Delta’s FA, is this the last airline in the US that is not unionized? Its just a matter of time. And yes, I know its a magical place to work etc. But clearly something must have the employees on edge for this to go through.

MSPNWA

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:09 pm

I think it's a matter of time before a vote is implemented. The union drive has gained momentum lately. Whether it would pass or not is still a question, but the way its going a union is looking more and more likely at some point. If it does pass, DL will survive. The effects of a union are overblown.

MIflyer12 wrote:
I would encourage SPREE34 to look at the data of relative fleet sizes (and FA count) over the last ten years. There are fewer RJs than there were in 2009. There are far more mainline aircraft. These are simple, objective facts.

If you go back a couple more years to around 2006, those statements are no longer true.

And thinking that labor can just be "more productive" to counteract essentially international trade is a ridiculous notion shot down by laws and reality. FAs can only work so much, and the irony is that if they work harder/better, it indirectly leads to an improved bottom line/higher compensation/less competitive (pay-wise) workforce.

toobz wrote:
Bye bye best in the industry profit sharing. I think anyone with half a brain is going to vote no. Except the lazy people who are on the brink of getting fired. They may see some use in having a union. All you have to do is look at UA and AA..how has having a union worked out for their morale

Ironic given that the high profit sharing is thanks to a union...

UpNAWAy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:34 pm

CriticalPoint wrote:
SPREE34 wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

Lorenzo offered to give Easter to the IAM near the end, the National Leadership said yes, but the local (Charlie Bryan) balked and convinced them to change their minds because
"You have to have a Them in US vs THEM"

Super80Fan

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm

I'm all for unions as well but considering Delta's FA's are some of the best in the business and there are a bunch of terrible sociopaths working at UA & AA, I doubt this will be any good.

DL757NYC

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Having no Union Delta was in addition to extending the life of their fleets made them lean and mean. In 2011 the stock price was 7 something. When the revenue started coming in they rewarded the employees and they always thank the employees for the success as a team. The only person that will get you fired from Delta is yourself. Do your job and don’t steal. It’s simple. Delta has given employees multiple raises in the last 6 years. I don’t think the employees want a union. And the IAM did a terrible job scapegoating part time employees then turned and asked for their vote. Leave Delta the way it is. I know people will hold grudges in the Post 9/11 environment. Cuts had to be made for the airlines to survive. People were scared to fly. Now the airlines have learned from the mistakes from the past and aviation is going to be a sector that is going to provide many well paying jobs now and in years to come baring any tragic events.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:
SPREE34 wrote:

Lorenzo offered to give Easter to the IAM near the end, the National Leadership said yes, but the local (Charlie Bryan) balked and convinced them to change their minds because

Wrong again Parker boy.

Learn the truth.

https://youtu.be/MSSPAM3vauw

https://youtu.be/mya5HUDOWX0M

FYI up is an anti-union non- union AA records clerk.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 pm

You all do realize the PMDL FAs have a Social Security offset?

So say you get a $700 a month from SS, Delta then takes $700 out of their retirement check and keeps it.

Delta also takes any OJI settlement costs out of their retirement checks also.

Have some of the most expensive and least coverage in their medical insurance.

They are also guilty of changing block times to keep FAs legal.

There are many reasons why their FAs and Ramp want a union.

UpNAWAy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:

Wrong again Parker boy.

Learn the truth.

https://youtu.be/MSSPAM3vauw

https://youtu.be/mya5HUDOWX0M

FYI up is an anti-union non- union AA records clerk.

Everything I said was 100% factual and historically documented. What are you disputing?

NW

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 pm

toobz wrote:

There are currently two unions at Delta and they both did not have to take a three month pay cut and then give up profit sharing in exchange for an hourly raise. They both maintained "the best in the industry profit sharing" you speak of. The other groups however, did not maintain "the best in the industry profit sharing"; Southwest beat out the non union represented employees at Delta for the 2017 year. Delta is very good at selecting "competitive set" carriers when they publish their statistics and they change them based on the work group they are trying to portray a message to.

There are several carriers who are heavily unionized, have great employee moral and continually beat out Delta for top customer service awards. And don't forget we already have unions at Delta. I agree we need to continue our culture if more employees choose to go the way of our current represented employees. I don't think, in the long run, that that will be a problem and can be achieved with hard work from both sides and following the lead of our current represented work groups.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:51 pm

It’s a company, not a family nor a CULTure.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Charlie Bryan was not the head of the whole IAM.

And Lorenzo never offered EA to him.

DiamondFlyer

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:13 pm

NW wrote:
toobz wrote:

There are currently two unions at Delta and they both did not have to take a three month pay cut and then give up profit sharing in exchange for an hourly raise. They both maintained "the best in the industry profit sharing" you speak of. The other groups however, did not maintain "the best in the industry profit sharing"; Southwest beat out the non union represented employees at Delta for the 2017 year. Delta is very good at selecting "competitive set" carriers when they publish their statistics and they change them based on the work group they are trying to portray a message to.

There are several carriers who are heavily unionized, have great employee moral and continually beat out Delta for top customer service awards. And don't forget we already have unions at Delta. I agree we need to continue our culture if more employees choose to go the way of our current represented employees. I don't think, in the long run, that that will be a problem and can be achieved with hard work from both sides and following the lead of our current represented work groups.

Actually, Delta has 5, 2 at Delta and 3 at their owned subsidiaries

NW

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
NW wrote:
toobz wrote:

Actually, Delta has 5, 2 at Delta and 3 at their owned subsidiaries

Correct, and even more when you look outside of the US. Delta has thousands of represented employees, all of our Canadian front line employees are represented. And they only have a job today at Delta (Northwest) because they were represented.

UpNAWAy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Charlie Bryan was not the head of the whole IAM.

And Lorenzo never offered EA to him.

No he was the local President. And Lorenzo had concocted a proposal to give the airline over to the unions.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:01 pm

No he didn’t Lorenzo hated the unions.

Watch the documentary i posted.

I lived it. My Uncle was an Inspector for 30 years and I walked the picket lines with him.

toltommy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Boof02671 wrote:

Shall I go on?

You should. Start by citing your sources for each allegation.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:33 pm

It’s not an allegation it’s the truth.

Refute it if you don’t think it’s real.

https://dalrc.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... a-Pub..pdf

https://www.attn.com/amp/stories/16929/ ... -employees

Chriswebb775

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Delta created delta global to make sure unions did not make a come back on delta for the ramp.

Boof02671

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm

https://thegate.boardingarea.com/delta- ... t-weather/

“Flight crews are being over worked. On duty for 30+ hours -no sleep. No place for the crews to sleep when they are on the ground. The company has given up on trying to find hotels for FAs. The crews are told, once in the air, to find their own accommodations when they get to their destination. The company will reimburse them later. The trouble is, many of the crew are junior and don’t have the money for a room even if they can find them. Lack of sleep and no showers.”

Etheereal

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:

The answer is super obvious :OP is an anti union guy. That's it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos