Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

planemanofnz

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - August 2018

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:48 am

Do any NZ insiders know whether NZ has plans to codeshare with BR in the future on AKL - TPE, and TPE - PRC/Korea/Japan flights?

I've heard forward bookings are looking good already without BR, but it can't hurt for NZ to have feed on the TPE end, even if minimal?

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:53 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
QF haven’t loaded AKL-PER yet for this year ...

I'd love to know what's behind this - is it weakness on the AKL and/or PER ends, or simply part of QF's on-going dispute with PER Airport?

Cheers,

C.

zkncj

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:45 am

planemanofnz wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I'd love to know what's behind this - is it weakness on the AKL and/or PER ends, or simply part of QF's on-going dispute with PER Airport?

Cheers,

C.

Pretty sure QF is currently short of the a332's, they are using an 744 on SYD-PER to free up an 332 for SIN-PER (currently operated by an 738)

Ideally PER-AKL could be an daily 789 linking up to the PER-LHR service, but with there current 789 fleet can see that happening.

ZK-NBT

Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 pm

zkncj wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Pretty sure QF is currently short of the a332's, they are using an 744 on SYD-PER to free up an 332 for SIN-PER (currently operated by an 738)

Ideally PER-AKL could be an daily 789 linking up to the PER-LHR service, but with there current 789 fleet can see that happening.

QF are short of 737 pilots so they have reduced the 738 flying covering with 332’s on PER-SIN and a 744 SYD-PER. There isn’t really any point using a 789 PER-AKL when the A330’s have the same product.

LamboAston

Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:05 am

planemanofnz wrote:
LamboAston wrote:
I'd like to think that 3C could make a go of TEU-AKL flights, but it is a very long prop time, well over two hours probably.

They are very familiar with flights of this length - for comparison:

AKL - CHT: 658 mi
AKL - NLK: 678 mi
AKL - TEU: 695 mi

LamboAston wrote:
Prices would also probably need to start lower as it's a new market.

Could they not actually get a premium for offering a niche route?

Cheers,

C.

While they are very familiar with flights of that length, they're also expensive and relatively low demand. I'd love to see 3C have a go, but as someone said, it would be better from CHC, and 3C fly nowhere near CHC (apart from to CHT) so a new base would be required.

Unclekoru

Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:06 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

QF are short of 737 pilots so they have reduced the 738 flying covering with 332’s on PER-SIN and a 744 SYD-PER. There isn’t really any point using a 789 PER-AKL when the A330’s have the same product.

Yes and this QF pilot shortage on the 737 fleet is having an impact across their network. I notice that Air New Zealand has 9 flights per week between AKL and Perth scheduled for the summer season this year, is this lower than in previous years or similar? My memory (and it could be incorrect) is that the airline had double daily scheduled last year i.e. 14 per week. The schedule may not have been finalised yet I guess.

Not that I would want to imply that the PER market was in some sort of downturn or in a depressed state etc... :banghead:

DavidByrne

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:06 am

Unclekoru wrote:
Yes and this QF pilot shortage on the 737 fleet is having an impact across their network. I notice that Air New Zealand has 9 flights per week between AKL and Perth scheduled for the summer season this year, is this lower than in previous years or similar? My memory (and it could be incorrect) is that the airline had double daily scheduled last year i.e. 14 per week. The schedule may not have been finalised yet I guess.

No, PER has never seen double daily services by NZ from AKL. One recent summer they were operating ten services to AKL and two to CHC, but last year and this year it's been nine a week to AKL, plus two to CHC. I agree that the pilot issues may be what has prevented QF from offering PER-AKL this coming summer.

ZK-NBT

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:17 am

DavidByrne wrote:
Unclekoru wrote:

No, PER has never seen double daily services by NZ from AKL. One recent summer they were operating ten services to AKL and two to CHC, but last year and this year it's been nine a week to AKL, plus two to CHC. I agree that the pilot issues may be what has prevented QF from offering PER-AKL this coming summer.

It was 10 weekly AKL last year and 2 CHC, no idea what they are offering this year, seems odd they would reduce unless demand has dropped significantly.

Unclekoru

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:26 am

DavidByrne wrote:
Unclekoru wrote:

ZK-NBT wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:
Unclekoru wrote:

It was 10 weekly AKL last year and 2 CHC, no idea what they are offering this year, seems odd they would reduce unless demand has dropped significantly.

Thanks, couldn't recall exactly.

planemanofnz

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:54 am

DavidByrne wrote:
I agree that the pilot issues may be what has prevented QF from offering PER-AKL this coming summer.

What a shame - hopefully it returns next year. :crossfingers:

If not, perhaps JQ would be interested - 321NEO?

Cheers,

C.

hove

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:41 am

One of Eva Air fleet, B16717 (777-300ER) performed as BR361 flight that just arrived Auckland few hours ago. This aircraft has been dry-leased by Air New Zealand to cover its 787 shortage. According to routesonline, this aircraft will be started in NZ flight from 22/Aug/2018.

ZK-NBT

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:08 am

hove wrote:
One of Eva Air fleet, B16717 (777-300ER) performed as BR361 flight that just arrived Auckland few hours ago. This aircraft has been dry-leased by Air New Zealand to cover its 787 shortage. According to routesonline, this aircraft will be started in NZ flight from 22/Aug/2018.

Is it to become ZK-OKT? Or have they managed to change the rules now around this meaning NZ crew can operate it under Taiwanese rego? Originally I thought they were getting a frame in Star alliance livery?

Unclekoru

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:01 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
hove wrote:

Is it to become ZK-OKT? Or have they managed to change the rules now around this meaning NZ crew can operate it under Taiwanese rego? Originally I thought they were getting a frame in Star alliance livery?

Believe it will be ZK-OKT. As you allude to, Unless you have a Taiwanese licence (or Taiwanese validated NZ licence) then you cannot fly the aircraft. This is not something likely to change in the near future (if ever).

NZ321

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:47 am

So this means NZ now has 17 777s in the fleet yes? 9 -200s and 8 - 300s? Do we know how long the BR aircraft will be around?

zkncj

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Unclekoru wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
hove wrote:

Believe it will be ZK-OKT. As you allude to, Unless you have a Taiwanese licence (or Taiwanese validated NZ licence) then you cannot fly the aircraft. This is not something likely to change in the near future (if ever).

What did NZ use to do when they leased 763s from LOT? for example SP-LPA operated for NZ many times over the years with its polish rego.

ZK-NBT

Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 pm

zkncj wrote:
Unclekoru wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

What did NZ use to do when they leased 763s from LOT? for example SP-LPA operated for NZ many times over the years with its polish rego.

Different rules back then probably, they also had the HA 763 maintenance contract where NZ operated the aircraft from SYD.

zkncj

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:10 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:
Unclekoru wrote:

Different rules back then probably, they also had the HA 763 maintenance contract where NZ operated the aircraft from SYD.

Now I think of it in around 2007/2008 there was also an 733 G-THOE from ThomsonFly.

Back in the 90s did the NZ/Brittana swap an fleet 762s change out regos?

zkeoj

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:36 pm

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Now I think of it in around 2007/2008 there was also an 733 G-THOE from ThomsonFly.

There sure was: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 98422.html

Maybe these were wet leased to avoid NZ registration, similar to the recent HiFly aircraft?

Unclekoru

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:40 pm

zkncj wrote:

The crews are issued with a temporary licence validation by the state operating authority for the respective aircraft. This allows the crew to operate the aeroplane. I presume the same applies to engineering (stand to be corrected though).

zkeoj

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Unclekoru wrote:
zkncj wrote:

The crews are issued with a temporary licence validation by the state operating authority for the respective aircraft. This allows the crew to operate the aeroplane. I presume the same applies to engineering (stand to be corrected though).

That explains it - thanks for the info, Unclekoru :-)

planemanofnz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:24 am

HA is keen to increase frequencies to AKL, but it's unclear whether the 321NEO's will replace the 332's.

See: https://www.airlineratings.com/news/how ... and-japan/.

AKL - HNL is within range for a 321NEO. Interestingly, WLG - HNL is only just out of its range (by 85 km).

Cheers,

C.

ZK-NBT

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:48 am

planemanofnz wrote:
HA is keen to increase frequencies to AKL, but it's unclear whether the 321NEO's will replace the 332's.

AKL - HNL is within range for a 321NEO. Interestingly, WLG - HNL is only just out of its range (by 85 km).

Cheers,

C.

That’s not how I read it, it says A321’s freeing up A332’s for long haul and mentions A321’s operating flights upto 6 hrs. I haven’t looked at it but maybe an A321LR might come close on HNL-AKL at 9 hrs but a standard NEO I can’t see coming anywhere close in the real world.

Reminds me in the Philippines thread people saying A321LR could be used to increase frequency to AKL, makes me chuckle a little, but maybe in a few years who knows how far a narrow body could fly but AKL-MNL would be 11hrs in an A321, not happening even an LR.

planemanofnz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

That’s not how I read it ...

On HA upping frequency to AKL, it's quite clear:

... the carrier was keen to increase frequencies to current destinations that are less than daily ... That includes ... Auckland

On use of the 321NEO's, it's unclear, as I said.

Cheers,

C.

ZK-NBT

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:21 am

planemanofnz wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

... the carrier was keen to increase frequencies to current destinations that are less than daily ... That includes ... Auckland

Cheers,

C.

Fair enough. What I’m saying is there is no way AKL will see the A321.

Qantas16

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 am

planemanofnz wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Cheers,

C.

It's not unclear. It states specifically that: "The A321neos will handle flights of up to six hours, including some mid-haul US routes.". AKL-HNL is ~9 hours.

It then proceeds to say:

"...the arrival of additional A321s next year would provide the opportunity to free up A330s for long-haul expansion.

“We haven’t finalised any of those specific plans yet but we’re looking at more opportunities here in Australia, we’re looking at more opportunities in Japan and elsewhere in Asia and we’re also looking more in the eastern US,’’ he said, noting the carrier was keen to increase frequencies to current destinations that are less than daily.

“That includes Brisbane, it includes Sapporo in Japan, it includes Seoul in Korea and it includes Auckland — they are all less than daily in our network today,” he added."

They are clearly stating that the existing flights that the A330s fly that are under six hours can be replaced by A321neo's which then allows the A330s to be used for expansion and to increase frequency to destinations such as BNE, CTS, ICN and AKL... it does not in anyway suggest the A321neo will be flown by HA to AKL.

Unclekoru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:27 am

zkeoj wrote:
Unclekoru wrote:
zkncj wrote:

That explains it - thanks for the info, Unclekoru :-)

No problem.

planemanofnz wrote:
That’s not how I read it, it says A321’s freeing up A332’s for long haul and mentions A321’s operating flights upto 6 hrs. I haven’t looked at it but maybe an A321LR might come close on HNL-AKL at 9 hrs but a standard NEO I can’t see coming anywhere close in the real world.

I read it as A321neos freeing up A330s for AKL etc. From my passing knowledge of the A320neos, HNL-AKL would be a stretch at normal payloads.

Edit - Changed A320neo to A321neo
Last edited by Unclekoru on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

planemanofnz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:28 am

Qantas16 wrote:
... it does not in anyway suggest the A321neo will be flown by HA to AKL.

Eh, exactly, hence why I said it was unclear? In contrast, the desire to up frequencies on routes currently less than daily was pretty clear.

HNL - AKL at about 7,000 km is within the range of the 2 class A321NEO (being 7,400 km) - there is ~400 km buffer for things like winds.

Cheers,

C.

ZK-NBT

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:39 am

planemanofnz wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:
... it does not in anyway suggest the A321neo will be flown by HA to AKL.

Eh, exactly, hence why I said it was unclear? In contrast, the desire to up frequencies on routes currently less than daily was pretty clear.

HNL - AKL at about 7,000 km is within the range of the 2 class A321NEO (being 7,400 km) - there is ~400 km buffer for things like winds.

Cheers,

C.

It does say A321’s fly up to 6 hrs.

I don’t think 400km is anywhere enough in real world conditions, probly looking at 9.5hrs for an A321 HNL-AKL.

They only increased AKL earlier this year to 5 weekly.

planemanofnz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:50 am

ZK-NBT wrote:

True - the more I think about it, the more I can't see HA sending 321NEO's here. Separately, HA has said that AKL could see the 789's.

See: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/new ... d=12008115.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:40 am

PPQ got a good turnout for its open day yesterday - hopefully 3C gets a further boost from this.

See: http://3rdlevelnz.blogspot.com/2018/08/ ... m-for.html.

Cheers,

C.

NZ321

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:10 am

What equipment will 3C use?

planemanofnz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:46 am

NZ321 wrote:
What equipment will 3C use?

The SAAB's. :)

See: https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/105 ... nd-flights.

Cheers,

C.

NZ6

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:29 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

True - the more I think about it, the more I can't see HA sending 321NEO's here. Separately, HA has said that AKL could see the 789's.

See: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/new ... d=12008115.

Cheers,

C.

Will not be happening, not even close. As others suggest it's about freeing up A330's to operate elsewhere, I don't read it any other way.

Don't forget the listed range is extremely dynamic, ultimately depends on many factors including how the aircraft is configured - not just the C / Y ratio but the type of seat product, things like IFE add weight. Also consider alternatives, once you pass Fiji you're committed to AKL outside of that you're looking at HLZ (high-risk alternative) then OHA & PMR which are much further away so you basically need fuel for HNL - WLG.

NZ6

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:37 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
PPQ got a good turnout for its open day yesterday - hopefully 3C gets a further boost from this.

See: http://3rdlevelnz.blogspot.com/2018/08/ ... m-for.html.

Cheers,

C.

Also heard someone from 3C state on Newstalk ZB sales where slow but they were hopefully awareness and support will pick up over the coming months, here is the related article
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/nation ... to-kapiti/

I really do wish 3C well; there is a small part of me though that wants to see it fail just due to the scene and verbal diarrhoea people like Shane Jones created post-NZ's withdrawal.

If it does not work, I hope 3C have protected the remainder of their business as I do not want to see the airline go under as a result regardless of what's happened.

planemanofnz

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am

CZ is adjusting its schedule from AKL - not sure why.

- From 11 August, 2018, CZ336 departure time should be 08:30 (from 09:00)
- From 24 August, 2018, CZ306 departure time should be 21:45 (from 22:00).

See: https://www.facebook.com/chinasouthernnz/.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Sadly, MU has reversed its decision to deploy the 77W to AKL for the NW season - the daily PVG - AKL flight will continue to be operated by the 332. This is disappointing, as last NW season, MU deployed the 77W here for about 6 weeks over February and March. As such, this move will represent an overall capacity downgrade between NW '17/'18 and NW '18/'19.

I wonder what's behind this. I can't imagine that it's weakness in the AKL market, as Chinese tourism is up, and the other carriers are boosting capacity (e.g. CZ is upping its second AKL and single CHC flights from 788 to 789 equipment). Or, is there something that I'm missing? Could it be related to internal fleet issues at MU? They're not affected by 787 issues?

See: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-07aug18/.

Cheers,

C.

PA515

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:22 pm

The EVA 77W B-16717 (L/N 863) is now on the New Zealand register as ZK-OKT.

Also, Air NZ may be leasing a second ex SQ 77E from Boeing. Same source as the news of ZK-OKI and ZK-OKT.

Air NZ 77W ZK-OKR has been out of service for 34 days now, and 789s ZK-NZC and ZK-NZF are also out of service due to the RR problem.

Still nothing from ALC on a 789 lease for 2019 delivery. Maybe Air NZ will lease ZK-OKT from EVA on a seasonal basis until deliveries of the 77E replacement.

PA515

NZ321

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am

I see that MU have downgraded AKL to daily A332 for the coming northern winter season (quite a capacity shift from 77W). I wonder why? Yields under pressure?

NZ321

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am

PA515 wrote:
The EVA 77W B-16717 (L/N 863) is now on the New Zealand register as ZK-OKT.

Also, Air NZ may be leasing a second ex SQ 77E from Boeing. Same source as the news of ZK-OKI and ZK-OKT.

Air NZ 77W ZK-OKR has been out of service for 34 days now, and 789s ZK-NZC and ZK-NZF are also out of service due to the RR problem.

Still nothing from ALC on a 789 lease for 2019 delivery. Maybe Air NZ will lease ZK-OKT from EVA on a seasonal basis until deliveries of the 77E replacement.

PA515

Interesting news. I wonder if NZ will be eyeing a 77E in the newer SQ config (or have none of those aircraft been retired to date?). Would be nice to see the BR 77W on an extended lease.... nice to see, finally, a Star Alliance livery widebody operating for NZ at AKL. I can't for the life of me understand why NZ hasn't painted a widebody in Star colours.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am

NZ321 wrote:
I see that MU have downgraded AKL to daily A332 for the coming northern winter season (quite a capacity shift from 77W). I wonder why? Yields under pressure?

It's interesting, because CZ is upgrading AKL to a 789/77W combo from a 788/77W combo for the NW season, and Chinese tourism to New Zealand is back on track, growing by double digits again (up ~16% in the year to June).

That being said, MU's 77W's have First Class (unlike their 332's), which seems a bit excessive and/or irrelevant for the AKL market. If yields are under pressure, you'd imagine they'd send us 789's with better costs, in the future.

Separately, does anyone know if NZ has plans to add capacity to PVG over the NW period? Currently, it's only showing up as a daily service, but AFAIK, in previous years, this was increased to ~10x weekly. 789 issues biting?

Cheers,

C.

PA515

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am

NZ321 wrote:
Would be nice to see the BR 77W on an extended lease.... nice to see, finally, a Star Alliance livery widebody operating for NZ at AKL.

Unfortunately ZK-OKT (B-16717) is not EVA's Star Alliance 77W.

PA515

NZ321

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 am

PA515 wrote:
NZ321 wrote:
Would be nice to see the BR 77W on an extended lease.... nice to see, finally, a Star Alliance livery widebody operating for NZ at AKL.

Unfortunately ZK-OKT (B-16717) is not EVA's Star Alliance 77W.

PA515

That's too bad indeed :) Would have fitted in perfectly. Why does NZ not paint a widebody in Star colours?

zkncj

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:25 pm

NZ321 wrote:

Interesting news. I wonder if NZ will be eyeing a 77E in the newer SQ config (or have none of those aircraft been retired to date?). Would be nice to see the BR 77W on an extended lease.... nice to see, finally, a Star Alliance livery widebody operating for NZ at AKL. I can't for the life of me understand why NZ hasn't painted a widebody in Star colours.

OKI is one of the 'newer' 77E configuration - the other config is the 'Regional' with 2-2-2 J class that is angled flat.

planemanofnz

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:49 am

NZ321 wrote:
I see that MU have downgraded AKL to daily A332 ... Yields under pressure?

On this again, I had a look at NZ commentary on PVG, which may shed some light - back in February, NZ said:

"Shanghai ... experienced some softness as we continue to let the entry of new competition from Chinese carriers" ... "but is seeing improvement"

Obviously NZ and MU are different businesses, but it still seems strange that MU has to cut back YOY capacity - Chinese arrivals are growing by double digits, and MU's main competitor to New Zealand is "seeing improvement."

See: https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/PDFs/air ... eb2018.pdf.

Cheers,

C.

haggis73

Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 am

PA515 wrote:
Air NZ 77W ZK-OKR has been out of service for 34 days now.

PA515

With the length of time it was going to take, to fix the fuel tank issue that ZK-OKR had, NZ has brought the C-Check forward which obviously means it is being done at AKL opposed to SIN.

ZK-NBT

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:46 am

haggis73 wrote:
PA515 wrote:
Air NZ 77W ZK-OKR has been out of service for 34 days now.

PA515

With the length of time it was going to take, to fix the fuel tank issue that ZK-OKR had, NZ has brought the C-Check forward which obviously means it is being done at AKL opposed to SIN.

Makes sense.

ZK-OKE positioned to SIN for maintenance this week

LamboAston

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:30 am

Talking to a NZ ramper in Dunedin today, he said with the october schedule switches that Invercargill will get 2-3 weekly A320 from Auckland, as well as an extra Q300 frequency to Dunedin from Christchurch. Jetstar are apparently also planning CHC-DUD flights, although these are likely to be CHC-DUD-IVC-CHC or similar from what he told me. Now all this info could be wrong, but it's what i was told.

zkncj

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 am

LamboAston wrote:
Talking to a NZ ramper in Dunedin today, he said with the october schedule switches that Invercargill will get 2-3 weekly A320 from Auckland, as well as an extra Q300 frequency to Dunedin from Christchurch. Jetstar are apparently also planning CHC-DUD flights, although these are likely to be CHC-DUD-IVC-CHC or similar from what he told me. Now all this info could be wrong, but it's what i was told.

Well AKL-IVC currently isn’t an route, maybe Shadbolt got out his sponsorship cheque book to under write the losses from the service?

planemanofnz

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 am

zkncj wrote:
LamboAston wrote:

Well AKL-IVC currently isn’t an route, maybe Shadbolt got out his sponsorship cheque book to under write the losses from the service?

Both AKL - DUD and AKL - ZQN have grown significantly of late, but I just don't get AKL - IVC, as NZ has no competition at IVC, and IVC not really a draw-card (unlike the other two).

Cheers,

C.

LamboAston

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 am

zkncj and planemanofnz, I agree, but that's just what I was told. We'll see if it actually happens. I was told it was because of all the money in Southland providing outbound traffic, not inbound, which makes sense as there are a lot of rich people, especially in farming in Southland.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos