Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flymco753

Re: Irish 8/18: An august institution

Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:24 pm

I wouldn't underestimate BWI, PIT, MSP, and IND as front runners for A321LR service. A330 service would easily be DEN and DFW

mast2407

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:07 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
DalRiada wrote:
Skytrax wrote:

Hmm. With the first batch of 321LR replacing the 757s, will IE have enough metal to cover new routes next year?

I was under the impression the first 321LRs were for expansion, with the last few to come in replacing the 757s. I can’t find it right now, but did the fleet planning from the IAG investors’ day not show the 757s staying in the fleet for a few years?

The latest is one will replace the B752 with different engines, the rest will be replaced 2020/2021.

Expect A330 possibly as well.

Where does the A330 come from? Qatar again?

Skyblue39

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I wouldn't underestimate BWI, PIT, MSP, and IND as front runners for A321LR service. A330 service would easily be DEN and DFW

I cannot see Aer Lingus at both IAD and BWI.
Washington is served twice daily from Dublin with EI and UA. BA have just announced LHR-PIT so I really cannot see EI there either.

ckpaeg

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:42 pm

There was speculation on Twitter last week from a usually credible source (JonNYC) about AA announcing DFW-DUB and -MUC in the coming weeks.

As much as I would love to see EI in PIT, I agree that it became a longer shot, once BA announced LHR. With that said, BA is not operating daily, so maybe there’s an opportunity for EI to compliment BA by flying BA’s off-days.

JAmie2k9

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 pm

mast2407 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
DalRiada wrote:

I was under the impression the first 321LRs were for expansion, with the last few to come in replacing the 757s. I can’t find it right now, but did the fleet planning from the IAG investors’ day not show the 757s staying in the fleet for a few years?

The latest is one will replace the B752 with different engines, the rest will be replaced 2020/2021.

Expect A330 possibly as well.

Where does the A330 come from? Qatar again?

No idea but second hand market shonld be more competitive now with A350s getting delivered faster but QR is possible.

kaitak
Topic Author

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:31 pm

QR is a very convenient source for EI to obtain A330s; plenty of A332s and A333s, similar config, GE engines, IFE equipped and QR is anxious to standardise its medium sized WB fleet on 787s and A350s, so there is plenty of scope there to increase the fleet.

Midwestindy

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:28 pm

flymco753 wrote:

IND-DUB would be a shock unless it came in 2020

shamrock350

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Some info from Aer Lingus...

Aer Lingus has struggled with their on time performance at Dublin this year, largely down to infrastructure shortfalls at DUB and their own staffing levels and management of resources. New processes have apparently eased issues that were initially seen at the start of the summer schedule. Despite the deterioration of their own performance, the airline has maintained its lead against Ryanair every month for the first six months of the year. Ryanair hasn't released their on time performance since April.

Aer Lingus has not only maintained its 4 Star rating from SkyTrax but did so while improving on last year, moving up two places from 38th to 36th in the top 100 airlines of the year. The latest rating puts them ahead of carriers like Delta (37), Iberia (41) and JetBlue (42) but behind British Airways and Norwegian who came 31st and 32nd respectively and way behind European leader Lufthansa at 7th overall. In western Europe, Aer Lingus entered the Top 10 for the first time with 8th place. Aer Lingus staff also entered into the Top 10 for European airlines at 5th place. Obviously still miles behind world leaders but ahead of some surprising names in Europe.

Ryanair continues to rank as one of the most improved airlines of the year, moving up 12 places to 64th overall.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/

A rumour floating around internally suggested Aer Lingus was going to lose its rating. It really doesn't look good on the individuals spreading or taking delight in such rumours when they turn out to be totally unfounded. Clearly morale within the airline or at least with these individuals needs to be addressed.

In other news, product and service design is underway for the A321LR introduction, this is Aer Lingus so I wouldn't expect anything special. The airline is also looking at introducing a complimentary alcoholic beverage with the main meal again and complimentary wifi on an introductory basis will be trialled. Mood lighting will continue to roll out fleet wide.

Looking for additional A330s next year, ahead of the A321LR delivery which probably won't arrive in time for summer. With regards to the short haul fleet, the official line is replace leases when needed and view new technology on an "opportunistic" basis from 2020 onwards.

eirflot

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:26 pm

So more of the same for us guests! God how I hate that term
Experienced the poor time performance 3 or 4 times in the last two weeks - it's not getting any better! I guess FR are still trying to figure out how to present the poor performance in a positive light!!!!

JAmie2k9

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:43 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
Some info from Aer Lingus...

Aer Lingus has struggled with their on time performance at Dublin this year, largely down to infrastructure shortfalls at DUB and their own staffing levels and management of resources. New processes have apparently eased issues that were initially seen at the start of the summer schedule. Despite the deterioration of their own performance, the airline has maintained its lead against Ryanair every month for the first six months of the year. Ryanair hasn't released their on time performance since April.

Aer Lingus has not only maintained its 4 Star rating from SkyTrax but did so while improving on last year, moving up two places from 38th to 36th in the top 100 airlines of the year. The latest rating puts them ahead of carriers like Delta (37), Iberia (41) and JetBlue (42) but behind British Airways and Norwegian who came 31st and 32nd respectively and way behind European leader Lufthansa at 7th overall. In western Europe, Aer Lingus entered the Top 10 for the first time with 8th place. Aer Lingus staff also entered into the Top 10 for European airlines at 5th place. Obviously still miles behind world leaders but ahead of some surprising names in Europe.

Ryanair continues to rank as one of the most improved airlines of the year, moving up 12 places to 64th overall.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/

A rumour floating around internally suggested Aer Lingus was going to lose its rating. It really doesn't look good on the individuals spreading or taking delight in such rumours when they turn out to be totally unfounded. Clearly morale within the airline or at least with these individuals needs to be addressed.

In other news, product and service design is underway for the A321LR introduction, this is Aer Lingus so I wouldn't expect anything special. The airline is also looking at introducing a complimentary alcoholic beverage with the main meal again and complimentary wifi on an introductory basis will be trialled. Mood lighting will continue to roll out fleet wide.

Looking for additional A330s next year, ahead of the A321LR delivery which probably won't arrive in time for summer. With regards to the short haul fleet, the official line is replace leases when needed and view new technology on an "opportunistic" basis from 2020 onwards.

I was surprised how they addressed the rumours and suggesting they should reconsider there positions. Still good to see a new lounge for BOS.

shamrock350

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:46 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
I was surprised how they addressed the rumours and suggesting they should reconsider there positions. Still good to see a new lounge for BOS.

My employers would have them queuing up at the job centre to be honest. Not sure Aer Lingus are quite as harsh...

JAmie2k9

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:54 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

My employers would have them queuing up at the job centre to be honest. Not sure Aer Lingus are quite as harsh...

Yeah I fully agree but just didn't expect such a reaction. It sounded like they have a good idea where it started.

shamrock350

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:36 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Yeah I fully agree but just didn't expect such a reaction. It sounded like they have a good idea where it started.

Yeah, wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

The airline does need to ask itself why some members of staff feel the need to badmouth the company and take pleasure in hearing of any potential failure, those really aren't the kind of people you want working for you. Some staff just complain for the sake of it and some have genuine grievances while others hear some gossip and run a mile with it, I've encountered plenty of it in my career which is why I take a lot of what is said online with a pinch of salt, particularly when it is so "troll like" in style.

Eirules

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:29 am

According to another site, Aer Lingus will announce 2 new transatlantic routes in the next fortnight. Let the speculation commence.

For what it’s worth, I’m saying DFW & LAS

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:01 am

Irish Times says the reported routes are PIT, YUL and Midwest (CLE, DTW or IND) major cities.

SQ22

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:07 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Irish Times says the reported routes are PIT, YUL and Midwest (CLE, DTW or IND) major cities.

Do you have a link?

Eirules

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:11 am

If BA hadn’t announced PIT I’d have thought that as being number 1 on EI’s list. But I can’t imagine IAG being happy with one canibalising the other on a new route.

I would think DFW would be a better bet for AA than EI but it’s now the glaring gap in the route network from DUB so someone is likely to start it sooner rather than later.

DTW could be a good shout especially with a complete absence of IAG airlines flying transatlantic to it

OA260

Dublin Airport expects busy day after record-breaking passenger numbers

Dublin Airport is expecting another extremely busy day after record numbers passed through its terminals yesterday.

Passengers numbers are up 4% on the same weekend last year.

People are being warned to allow extra time to pass through security checks.

Siobhan O'Donnell from Dublin Airport Authority says there will be extra staff on hand to help.

"This is our busiest weekend ever in the history of the airport," she said.

"Over 422,000 passengers are arriving and departing over the entire weekend.

"Friday was the busiest day at 110,000 passengers arriving and departing.
advertisement

www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/irel ... 60008.html

JAmie2k9

SQ22 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Do you have a link?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.3585382

"Pittsburgh in the US and Montreal in Canada are said to be amongst the new transatlantic destinations that Aer Lingus is considering for next year.

Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh confirmed on Friday that the airline planned to cut a shortlist of three possible North American destinations to a final two in coming weeks.

He did not name any of the candidates, but sources suggest that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Montreal in Canada could feature on the list, along with a possible destination in the midwest.

“We hope to make an announcement in the next two to three weeks as to the location of those two new destinations,” Mr Kavanagh said.

Mr Kavanagh said that Aer Lingus was likely to begin flying to both from July 2019 and seats would go on sale following the announcement."

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:16 am

Eirules wrote:
If BA hadn’t announced PIT I’d have thought that as being number 1 on EI’s list. But I can’t imagine IAG being happy with one canibalising the other on a new route.

I would think DFW would be a better bet for AA than EI but it’s now the glaring gap in the route network from DUB so someone is likely to start it sooner rather than later.

DTW could be a good shout especially with a complete absence of IAG airlines flying transatlantic to it

PIT was given serious consideration last year from what I have heard but they went with PHL. YUL has been going around for a few years as many know.

planemanofnz

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:31 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:

This is surprising, because:

1) BA will launch PIT in 2019, so EI may cannibalize that (though PIT has strong Irish history, helping the O&D case).
2) YUL has just been launched by AC, albeit only on a seasonal basis, and again, BA already serves YUL from LHR.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:52 am

On potential new EI North American routes, some thoughts:

1. DUB - IAH - as an alternative to DUB - DFW

AFAIK, EI is a UA partner, and BA, through its AA partnership, has DFW more covered than it does IAH. With the recovery in oil prices too, an EI DUB - IAH service could expand IAG in Texas in a way the AA DFW hub and the AA - BA partnership will not (IAH will have more demand growth through higher oil prices than DFW will).

2. DUB - YQB - as an alternative to DUB - YUL

EI is late to the DUB - YUL game, with AC already having launched the flight. If IAG wants Quebec expansion, why not YQB? It only has one EU flight - TS to CDG - so competition would be minimal, and premiums arguably higher. The 321NEO would be the right-sized plane for the route, and YQB's runway will be long enough.

3. DUB - YOW - as an alternative to DUB - YUL

As Canada's capital city, YOW arguably has some high-yielding government-related traffic, which EI could tap BA's government contracts to fill (UK - Canada relations are strong). Like with YQB, the 321NEO would be the right-sized aircraft, but unlike YQB, YOW has a population of >1 million, giving higher volume potential.

4. DUB - CLE - as an alternative to DUB - PIT

BA is going to start LHR - PIT next year, so an EI flight to PIT would potentially cannibalize this. Although CLE is marginally smaller than PIT as a city, and has a marginally smaller Irish diaspora for O&D traffic, it has the busier airport (marginally), but with less competition to Europe (only FI and WW to KEF), and none to the EU.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:12 am

Thinking outside the box again on EI's North American expansion potential, what about DUB - ANC? In addition to tourism traffic which IAG is losing out to DE and FI on at present, Alaska also has big freight traffic, which EI could tap. The 321NEO is capable of doing this route - its advertised range is 7,400 km, and DUB - ANC is only 6,900 km, leaving 500 km of buffer for things like winds. If freight volumes are big, perhaps a 332 could be used instead, but I think that a narrow-body would be more suitable for the first few months and/or years.

Cheers,

C.

Eirules

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:40 am

planemanofnz wrote:
Thinking outside the box again on EI's North American expansion potential, what about DUB - ANC? In addition to tourism traffic which IAG is losing out to DE and FI on at present, Alaska also has big freight traffic, which EI could tap. The 321NEO is capable of doing this route - its advertised range is 7,400 km, and DUB - ANC is only 6,900 km, leaving 500 km of buffer for things like winds. If freight volumes are big, perhaps a 332 could be used instead, but I think that a narrow-body would be more suitable for the first few months and/or years.

Cheers,

C.

I’m all for thinking outside the box. But the person in EI who comes up with ANC deserves to be put in one, with padding and a straight jacket. It simply isn’t going to happen

OA260

Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:49 am

Eirules wrote:
I’m all for thinking outside the box. But the person in EI who comes up with ANC deserves to be put in one, with padding and a straight jacket. It simply isn’t going to happen

:D :D :D

eirflot

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:21 am

Then EI must be running out of straight jackets! There gave been some great ideas down through the years :hissyfit:

planemanofnz

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:28 am

Eirules wrote:

Ouch - not even as a seasonal service, like DE's? I appreciate there are plenty of other, better opportunities for EI, before ANC.

Cheers,

C.

OA260

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:14 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
Ouch - not even as a seasonal service, like DE's? I appreciate there are plenty of other, better opportunities for EI, before ANC.

Cheers,

C.

That route seems to do well they have a lot of TO onboard. I actually know someone that flies DUB-FRA and connects to it sometimes.

IrishTexan

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:06 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
SQ22 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Do you have a link?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.3585382

"Pittsburgh in the US and Montreal in Canada are said to be amongst the new transatlantic destinations that Aer Lingus is considering for next year.

Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh confirmed on Friday that the airline planned to cut a shortlist of three possible North American destinations to a final two in coming weeks.

He did not name any of the candidates, but sources suggest that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Montreal in Canada could feature on the list, along with a possible destination in the midwest.

“We hope to make an announcement in the next two to three weeks as to the location of those two new destinations,” Mr Kavanagh said.

Mr Kavanagh said that Aer Lingus was likely to begin flying to both from July 2019 and seats would go on sale following the announcement."

Irritating piece of journalism with some airline statements spiced up with speculation.
EI executive states plans afoot to cut shortlist from 3 to 2, did not name any candidates and hopes to make an announcement in 2/3 weeks. Big news there!
Article then adds lines with some old reliable anonymous pot-stirring phrases "said to be" and "sources suggest". Who are the sources saying and suggesting? Throw in the latest batch of "possible destinations" and this is just a repeat of the annual media speculation. Maybe the bookmakers could start offering odds on possible new destinations and give a better estimation of coming announcements.

Planes4you

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Does CVG have a chance with the A321LRs coming
Last edited by Planes4you on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Planes4you

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Apparently on JONYC’s Twitter AA is announce
to announce DFW-DUB in the coming weeks could this be true?
Last edited by Planes4you on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Planes4you

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 pm

I’m surprised more people aren’t mentioning DFW.
Last edited by Planes4you on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Planes4you

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Could Lex have a chanceine they get a new terminal and some customs?
Last edited by Planes4you on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Planes4you

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I could see AUS having a chance.It would most likely be between DFW and AUS

IrishTexan

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:07 pm

AA/EI JV won't happen until at least until early 2019 as EI is viewed as "different" (a low cost/low fare carrier)
Source https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... -ventures/
Excerpt below from the July 26, 2018 AA earnings call https://seekingalpha.com/article/419081 ... art=single
Dan J. McKenzie - The Buckingham Research Group, Inc.

Oh, hey. Good morning. Thanks, guys. JVs LATAM, Aer Lingus and Qantas, big picture, what does the roadmap look like from here for approval to implementation? Is the expectation that these could be implemented sometime next year? And then what is the revenue pie that you're going to be trying to optimize with these partners?

Stephen L. Johnson - American Airlines Group, Inc.

Well, let me talk about the – this is Steve Johnson by the way. Let me talk about the implementation, and Don can talk about the revenue.

William Douglas Parker - American Airlines Group, Inc.

The timing, he asked about.

Stephen L. Johnson - American Airlines Group, Inc.

That's what I meant. I think there remains a chance that we can get Qantas approved this year. We're working very closely with the DOT there. They're taking really a fresh and I think very thoughtful look at the whole concept of antitrust immunity around JBs, and Qantas is turning out to be the platform for that. So, it has taken a little longer than we had hoped, but we remain optimistic that it's going to get done, and we remain hopeful that we can get it done, get the approval in the fourth quarter or early in the first quarter.

Aer Lingus is – should, I think we all thought that Aer Lingus would be a straightforward application, but the DOT again is taking a different look at Aer Lingus, primarily around the idea about putting a low-cost, low-fare carrier into a joint business. Their view, that's not been done before, and they want to make sure that that's going to deliver the consumer benefits that we promise. So, that's going to take a little bit more time. And my guess is that Aer Lingus is probably going to be an early 2019 decision by the DOT, so implementation after that.
Last edited by IrishTexan on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eirules

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Planes4you
an hour ago

Does CVG have a chance with the A321LRs coming
Last edited by Planes4you on 04 Aug 2018 17:37, edited 2 times in total.

Planes4you
an hour ago

Apparently on JONYC’s Twitter AA is announce
to announce DFW-DUB in the coming weeks could this be true?
Last edited by Planes4you on 04 Aug 2018 17:39, edited 3 times in total.

Planes4you
an hour ago

I’m surprised more people aren’t mentioning DFW.
Last edited by Planes4you on 04 Aug 2018 17:46, edited 2 times in total.

Planes4you
an hour ago

Could Lex have a chanceine they get a new terminal and some customs?
Last edited by Planes4you on 04 Aug 2018 17:45, edited 6 times in total.

Planes4you
an hour ago

It’s customary when you post asking / posing a question that you wait for a reply before posting another message. And another. And another. And another...

That said, you somewhat answered your own question about DFW, rumour has it AA will announce it before EI do. And if DFW comes to pass, I think you can rule AUS out

I could see AUS having a chance.It would most likely be between DFW and AUS

Galwayman

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:27 pm

I think the fact that BA is going to fly to Pittsburg is irrelevant . IAG companies are encouraged to compete with each other

Any news on potential Asian routes , winter sun long haul or anywhere other than USA??

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:29 pm

Galwayman wrote:
I think the fact that BA is going to fly to Pittsburg is irrelevant . IAG companies are encouraged to compete with each other

Any news on potential Asian routes , winter sun long haul or anywhere other than USA??

Spot on about IAG, its unreliable the amount of people on a.net think routes are off limits because BA don't or only started flying to a destination and they could be negatively impacted. Same thing for any IAG topic on a.net, BA are not immune from competition within IAG.

shamrock350

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Nice find there IrishTexan as the whole Joint Venture business and Aer Lingus involvement has been an unanswered question for quite some time.

IrishTexan wrote:
Aer Lingus is – should, I think we all thought that Aer Lingus would be a straightforward application, but the DOT again is taking a different look at Aer Lingus, primarily around the idea about putting a low-cost, low-fare carrier into a joint business. Their view, that's not been done before, and they want to make sure that that's going to deliver the consumer benefits that we promise. So, that's going to take a little bit more time. And my guess is that Aer Lingus is probably going to be an early 2019 decision by the DOT, so implementation after that.

This begs the question, what defines a low cost/low fares airline these days?

Maybe a decade ago this would have made sense, Aer Lingus heavily marketed itself a low cost airline with a product, fare structure and network to match. Since 2010 the airline has had a very different approach and these days it no longer markets itself as low cost or even low fares, instead opting for "value" which is a very different product.

How can the DOT decide who is and who isn't low cost?

At least we now have some kind of idea about timescale but still feels like a strange approach to Aer Lingus involvement.

dangerhere

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:40 pm

passyflyer wrote:
Luxair announced that flights from LUX to DUB will see an upgrade from a Q400 turboprop to a Boeing 737-700 starting for the winter season. Amazing to see this route doing well, they only restarted it a few years ago.

My wife has family and friends just across the border in Germany. In every situation Luxembourg is their closest international airport, 30 minutes in the car from Trier versus a few hours through windy roads to Frankfurt or Cologne. Same can be said for people living in the Metz region in France, as well as south east Belgium. All that area is essentially adjoined to Luxembourg when it comes to jobs, commuting and travel. Also an extremely international place, just one look in Auchon in Kirchberg and you'll see they have food brands from all over the world. I picked up some lovely beer from Samoa there FFS. Sure they even have an Irish section for the diplomats there, including both types of Tayto!

planemanofnz

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:33 am

Galwayman wrote:
I think the fact that BA is going to fly to Pittsburg is irrelevant . IAG companies are encouraged to compete with each other ...

I agree that EI, BA and IB compete with each other in the same markets - NYC as one example - but PIT is so small, does it make sense to overlap in that particular market?

Cheers,

C.

JAmie2k9

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:01 am

http://www.travelextra.ie/travel-extras ... t-5-2018/z

Travel Extra Report:

Singapore Airlines are reported to be in discussion with Dublin Airport, possibly to replicate their A350 service to Manchester. The issue of runway length is crucial to Singapore’s decision, as it was in Joe Hogan’s time.

American Airlines expects to obtain US regulatory approval for its Joint Venture with Aer Lingus in 2019 Q1.

planemanofnz

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:14 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Singapore Airlines are reported to be in discussion with Dublin Airport ...

To clarify on this - not for flights "in the near future," and only according to "informed sources" (not actual authorities).

See: https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/sun ... 9047943742.

If it happens, it'll be yet another lost opportunity for EI. When will EI / IAG wake up, and smell the bacon? Seriously!

Cheers,

C.

Skyblue39

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:18 am

Per above article:

“In the shorter term, talks are well progressed on another long-haul connection, as yet undisclosed, to Ireland from a key destination, the Sunday Independent understands.“

I wonder if this is Tokyo?

Eirules

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:26 am

Skyblue39 wrote:
Per above article:

“In the shorter term, talks are well progressed on another long-haul connection, as yet undisclosed, to Ireland from a key destination, the Sunday Independent understands.“

Any chance it could be JNB or CPT?

planemanofnz

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46 am

Eirules wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:
Per above article:

Any chance it could be JNB or CPT?

It's probably just DFW.

Cheers,

C.

BestWestern

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Does anyone know how BDL is performing? I’m surprised we didn’t see more ‘regional’ US markets launched by EI this year.

by738

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Im not so sure on EI LAS or PIT.
There most certainly is a degree of interaction between BA and EI. PIT I might think is too small a market.
BA has reduced LAS (along with others eg TCX). High summer (and high heat) at a push.

richcandy

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:09 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Singapore Airlines are reported to be in discussion with Dublin Airport ...

To clarify on this - not for flights "in the near future," and only according to "informed sources" (not actual authorities).

See: https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/sun ... 9047943742.

If it happens, it'll be yet another lost opportunity for EI. When will EI / IAG wake up, and smell the bacon? Seriously!

Cheers,

C.

Is a Aer Lingus DUB-SIN service ever likely to happen?

A Singapore Airlines service would have the benefit of lots of Asia and Australia/New Zealand connections. I guess EI could connect at SIN with QF. However do they currently offer through fares to Australia via LAX EI/QF?

Alex

Galwayman

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:25 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
I think the fact that BA is going to fly to Pittsburg is irrelevant . IAG companies are encouraged to compete with each other ...

I agree that EI, BA and IB compete with each other in the same markets - NYC as one example - but PIT is so small, does it make sense to overlap in that particular market?

Cheers,

C

PIT may be small ( I wouldn’t be able to find it in a map to be honest ) but Europe isn’t , it’s a market of 350 million plus wealthy people for EI and BA will also be feeding into Asia the Middle East and India ...that’s a market of at least a billion people ....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos