filLPA
Topic Author
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 pm

IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Iberia just announced their new Cabin Crew and Ground Crew uniform design....... the roll out is around January 2019

link only in Spanish https://fashionunited.es/noticias/moda/ ... 8071026774

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by filLPA on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
jeffh747
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Looks nice. Simple yet classy and professional look.
A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B
 
Mex87
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:33 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Looks a bit german to me...what about orange with black/grey/deep blue? It´s nice, however. Less is more.
 
tonystan
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:39 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Thank goodness.....those folk spreading rumors around BA of a generic IAG uniform can go and get lost now! Lol
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 3935
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:19 pm

It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.
 
smi0006
Posts: 1754
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:31 pm

That’s hideous and dull. Have to wait and see the real thing of course. Looks almost retro- I don’t agree with the stereotype, so long as female staff have a pants options, but agree looks very 90s.
 
Deltabravo1123
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 pm

[list=][/list]
SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


You think they should all just wear those hideous jumpers, that they even make for men now? I feel like this gender neutral and stereotype push is really going a little too far. Men and women, always have and always will have different tastes in fashion and appeal. I think it's important to have your crew be presented in up to date uniforms that show both male and female fashions, and it would look silly if everyone wore the same exact thing, especially above the waist. I don't think airlines would ever even think of doing that.
 
klkla
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:51 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Mex87 wrote:
Looks a bit german to me...what about orange with black/grey/deep blue? It´s nice, however. Less is more.


The trim colors look to be the same as Iberia's logo.
 
User avatar
shamrock350
Posts: 4985
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 pm

It doesn't look particularly remarkable to me, nice and inoffensive but potentially dull. It's hard to tell from just an artists impression, the colours and fit can look very different in real life.

Aer Lingus confirmed it will also get a new uniform next spring and it's rumoured British Airways are expected to reveal a new style next year as well. The new look IAG is on the way!
 
AtomicGarden
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:27 am

SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


Like, jumpsuits? or Jedi robes? if we men and women wear gender oriented clothing every day, why should uniforms be any different? since when pants and skirts is stereotyping????
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16501
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 am

smi0006 wrote:
That’s hideous and dull. Have to wait and see the real thing of course. Looks almost retro- I don’t agree with the stereotype, so long as female staff have a pants options, but agree looks very 90s.

:checkmark: This and the new AZ both look like the dreaded shapeless navy bells nearly every American major carrier had in the 90s
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
Lufthansa
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu May 20, 1999 6:04 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:52 am

Important to remember guys this is just an artists rendition. We can't see the texture of the fabric etc used. The Spanish are known for understated style so I wouldn't completely underestimate them.
 
Cointrin330
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 am

A bit boring but they need to update what they have which looks like something circa 1989.
 
soflaflyer
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 am

SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


For what purpose?
 
9lflyguy
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:49 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 am

SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


What???
319 320 321 722 732 733 734 735 737 738 739 752 753 763 772 CR2 CR7 CR9 DHA D8B D8C D95 E145 E170 E175 E190 M82 M88 M90 S340
 
smi0006
Posts: 1754
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 am

9lflyguy wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


What???


I do think female staff have the right to wear pants-I think we’ve moved beyond the point of expecting female flight attendants to show their legs and skin. I believe IB currently offers pants for female crew.

Options are always nice for both genders so long as they remain uniform. I’ll reserve finale judgement for real images. The IBexpress uniforms don’t hive me confidence though!
 
SCQ83
Posts: 3935
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 am

soflaflyer wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


For what purpose?


For inclusion and equality. In 2018 it is known that gender is a social construct. Airlines should be progressive as countries like Sweden:

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/heal ... index.html
 
DominoxX
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 am

I do think airline uniforms for men should try to be a bit more 'out there', they all look the same, except for the ties. I like the female rendition, really simple but very nice.
All I need in life is a QF/LA biz seat for me and my malinois doggo, edibles and the 2000's best diva hits
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 22661
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Too early to tell as those are just sketches. When we see them in real life we will be able to judge more. From what I see they look promising.
 
User avatar
hispanola
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:14 pm

SCQ83 wrote:

For inclusion and equality. In 2018 it is known that gender is a social construct. Airlines should be progressive as countries like Sweden:

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/heal ... index.html


That's a little extra. Sorry but uniforms don't harm anyone and flight attendants generally like wearing something fashionable. So long as women aren't forced to wear skirts, there's no problem. There's nothing wrong with wearing nice clothing. Men's outfits compliment the figure of the male sex and women's outfits compliment the figure of the female sex. Don't fabricate problems.

I think the new design is an improvement but not anything special. It's a good uniform, but other European airlines use more elegant designs.
✈️
 
dfpinto
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
soflaflyer wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


For what purpose?


For inclusion and equality. In 2018 it is known that gender is a social construct. Airlines should be progressive as countries like Sweden:

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/heal ... index.html


Isn't Cabin Crew a predominantly female profession? Is the goal to make women feel more included in one of the few areas that they are the large majority?
 
himarhernandez
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:09 pm

For Iberia, it seems like Cabin Crew is very well shared in female/male ratio. I travel quite a bit with them and have noticed a good balance vs. other airlines. In management that is a whole different story (very male dominated)...but that is a different story.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 3935
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

dfpinto wrote:
Isn't Cabin Crew a predominantly female profession? Is the goal to make women feel more included in one of the few areas that they are the large majority?


Male VS female is increasingly understood as a social construction. Consequently, there is no need to make different uniforms. For instance, why human beings considering themselves males cannot wear skirts?. Would you do different uniforms for Black and White FAs? No, so that is not any different. Even a major fashion company like Zara has already gender-fluid collections:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 17496.html
https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/gender-fluid-fashion

Not to mention it would be much cheaper to have only one type of uniform or a gender-fluid uniform.
 
NZ321
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Dull and terrible choice of color. If you're gonna choose red and orange for your fuselage colors then align to a higher degree. Not at all impressive and agree quite conservative (and you'd hardly call the Spanish that!). Missed opportunity.
Plane mad!
 
dfpinto
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:46 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
dfpinto wrote:
Isn't Cabin Crew a predominantly female profession? Is the goal to make women feel more included in one of the few areas that they are the large majority?


Male VS female is increasingly understood as a social construction. Consequently, there is no need to make different uniforms. For instance, why human beings considering themselves males cannot wear skirts?. Would you do different uniforms for Black and White FAs? No, so that is not any different. Even a major fashion company like Zara has already gender-fluid collections:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 17496.html
https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/gender-fluid-fashion

Not to mention it would be much cheaper to have only one type of uniform or a gender-fluid uniform.


Gender is NOT a social construct. There are genetic differences between males and females that this new 'gender-neutral' movement just wants to ignore. Just look around you, men and women have different physiques.

The Zara unisex collection is simply a PR stunt piggybacking on this gender-neutral movement. Those baggy ridiculous clothes won't sell anything and are certainly not appropriate for an airline crew.
 
alesfr
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:40 pm

smi0006 wrote:
9lflyguy wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
It looks too gender stereotyped, like out of 1992.

We are in 2018; they should design more gender-neutral uniforms.


What???


I do think female staff have the right to wear pants-I think we’ve moved beyond the point of expecting female flight attendants to show their legs and skin. I believe IB currently offers pants for female crew.

Options are always nice for both genders so long as they remain uniform. I’ll reserve finale judgement for real images. The IBexpress uniforms don’t hive me confidence though!



The problem is that male staff are not allowed to show their skin. So it's not equal neither ! It's just a feminist narration of equality that makes you think the contrary ;-)
A318 A319 A320 A321 A333 ATR72 BAE146 B735 B737 B738 B742 B753 B763 B773 B789 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ1000 DASH8 ERJ135 ERJ145 E170 E190 F100 MD82 SAAB2000
 
a350lover
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 pm

There will be an option for women to wear pants, that's out of discussion, for sure.
Many of the airlines we all tend to love (i.e Emirates) are exactly the ones who do not allow female-crews to wear pants.
Notice I said "we".
 
User avatar
usdcaguy
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Not that impressive. The women's shirts look really old-fashioned, and I don't get the jumpsuit on the far left. Is that for men? If so, that's going to look terrible. I do like the red and gold accents on the jackets, however. Meanwhile, I do think we should shift away from ties, skirts and dresses. Everyone could just wear jacket and pants tailored to their body type, a patterned shirt and any kind of dress shoes they wanted.
 
patrickw421
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:44 pm

a350lover wrote:
There will be an option for women to wear pants, that's out of discussion, for sure.
Many of the airlines we all tend to love (i.e Emirates) are exactly the ones who do not allow female-crews to wear pants.
Notice I said "we".


I believe you used a wrong example because Emirates do have pants option to the crew. Example from my mind in that category would be Etihad or Singapore airlines. Gender discussion aside I think it's necessary to have pants as an option to the cabin crew so they can wear what they feel comfortable to work. It would just affect the service provided if they can't wear comfortably and the look seriously have little value as long as they dress professionally.

Back to the new uniform design by IB I think it looks OK but would prefer to have a bit more distinctive little details especially for the male version, but then it's just artist illustrations so would be interesting to see the actual fit and textures.
 
a350lover
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 pm

patrickw421 wrote:

I believe you used a wrong example because Emirates do have pants option to the crew. Example from my mind in that category would be Etihad or Singapore airlines.


You are totally right. Sorry.
 
RobertPhoenix
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm

I wonder if the designer thought about people who don't look like top models. How will these uniforms look on the average person, who isn't tall, slim, and doesn't have a Barbie style waist ?
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1200
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
Not to mention it would be much cheaper to have only one type of uniform or a gender-fluid uniform.


Will guys be allowed to wear a skirt? Political correctness is getting out of shape, we deserve more and more becoming extinct... :banghead:
 
blooc350
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:21 pm

patrickw421 wrote:
a350lover wrote:
There will be an option for women to wear pants, that's out of discussion, for sure.
Many of the airlines we all tend to love (i.e Emirates) are exactly the ones who do not allow female-crews to wear pants.
Notice I said "we".


I believe you used a wrong example because Emirates do have pants option to the crew. Example from my mind in that category would be Etihad or Singapore airlines. Gender discussion aside I think it's necessary to have pants as an option to the cabin crew so they can wear what they feel comfortable to work. It would just affect the service provided if they can't wear comfortably and the look seriously have little value as long as they dress professionally.

Back to the new uniform design by IB I think it looks OK but would prefer to have a bit more distinctive little details especially for the male version, but then it's just artist illustrations so would be interesting to see the actual fit and textures.


A kebaya pants would be so.........ugly lol

i prefer the sarong.

Image
 
himarhernandez
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 pm

I will miss the orange purser shirt that female pursers wear now, cant remember what male pursers wear (must not be that noticeable).
I am assuming that the two figures in the middle are wearing the purser uniforms?
 
smi0006
Posts: 1754
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:42 pm

a350lover wrote:
There will be an option for women to wear pants, that's out of discussion, for sure.
Many of the airlines we all tend to love (i.e Emirates) are exactly the ones who do not allow female-crews to wear pants.
Notice I said "we".


No it’s not- it’s only in the last two years BA have allowed all female crew to wear pants. Prior to this female mixed fleet crew group were not allowed to wear pants. Yet all other uniform groups were... yet emirates has always allowed pants.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.the ... r-trousers

The article also notes VS review the request for trousers for female staff on a case by case basis.
 
a350lover
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:44 pm

smi0006 wrote:
No it’s not- it’s only in the last two years BA have allowed all female crew to wear pants.


I was just talking about Iberia uniforms. Pants are part of the current uniform for female cabin crews, and they will also be part of this new one just presented.
 
soflaflyer
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:15 am

SCQ83 wrote:
dfpinto wrote:
Isn't Cabin Crew a predominantly female profession? Is the goal to make women feel more included in one of the few areas that they are the large majority?


Male VS female is increasingly understood as a social construction. Consequently, there is no need to make different uniforms. For instance, why human beings considering themselves males cannot wear skirts?. Would you do different uniforms for Black and White FAs? No, so that is not any different. Even a major fashion company like Zara has already gender-fluid collections:


If the majority of the population wanted to wear "gender-fluid collections" they would do so in everyday life however you don't see that happening.
 
LupineChemist
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 am

I like them. I don't know why but they remind me of a modern callback to some of the older uniforms and I really do like the trim.
 
sevenair
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: IBERIA´s New Cabin and Ground Crew Uniform (2019)

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:33 am

And so this trans nonsense and war on males and masculinity continues! The world really has gone mad. The tragic thing is these slactavist virtue signallers who push this nonsense actually do great harm to real transgender people transitioning from male to female or female to male. These days you stick a bit lip gloss on and suddenly you're 'trans' and begging for attention and oppression points. Genuine trans people who real gender dysphoria and going though great suffering particularly those who transition(ed) are finding their plight trivialised as they're finding themselves painted in the same light as the California liberals pushing this nonsense. Funny how you never get gun loving Texans pushing this nonsense. Gender is NOT a social construct.

Nice uniforms.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos