Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dfw88
Topic Author

Help Identifying ERJ at BUD on 9 July, 2018

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi all,

New member here, hoping for some help with an airline identification. I'm a casual planespotter, meaning I don't usually go out of my way to spot planes but I do pay lots of attention when I'm at the airport. I don't write down registration numbers like many do but rather I look for unique airline/aircraft combinations. I was at BUD the other day, just taking a seat past security, when I spotted the Embraer RJ in the photo below. Unfortunately, since I was corralling a two-year-old at the time, I wasn't able to get a great picture with a reg number but the tail coloration is pretty clear.

A few things: This photo was taken approximately between 10 and 10:30am on Monday, 9 July, as the aircraft in question was taxiing towards the designated departure runway. Of course, there are also hangars in that direction, so I cannot be sure it was taxiing for takeoff at that time.

I also can't be sure that it was flying for a commercial airline, though I find it likely. It was coming from the commercial portion of the airport while the other private jets I saw parked were actually past the departure runway in the direction that it was heading. Hence, combined with the fact that the tail painting looks far more like a commercial airliner than any private jet I've ever seen I believe it is a commercial airliner.

I've checked the history of several of the common flight tracking website (though only with the basic, free subscription) and have been unable to determine which airline the aircraft belongs to. Hence my question to the group: Can anyone recognize this airline livery or provide other information about this plane?

Thanks in advance for your help!

airkas1

Re: Help Identifying ERJ at BUD on 9 July, 2018

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 pm

I found the aircraft on FR24 and tracked it to Luxemburg (ELLX), where it landed. Unfortunately it only shows the type (E145 or Embraer 145EP to be exact). The seemingly lack of titles and the fact that's it's blocked on FR24 leads me to believe it's a private operator.

sw733

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Looks an awful lot like this one, which is definitely not commercial, belonging to Enhance Aero Group

petertenthije

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Probably F-HELA, unless there is more then one Embraer with that livery.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos