Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

United Airline
Topic Author

Why did DL/UA cut NRT-JFK-NRT?

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:42 am

This was supposed to be a very profitable/important route which JAL and ANA are doing very well on it still. Why did DL and UA cut it? Will it be back anytime soon?

FA9295

Re: Why did DL/UA cut NRT-JFK-NRT?

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:48 am

First off, I'm not sure if UA ever served JFK-NRT. They do however, serve EWR-NRT.

Delta cut it's JFK-NRT route likely so that they can shift their focus to ATL.

aemoreira1981

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:08 am

UA did serve JFK-NRT. They bought two high-MTOW B742s at 377t specifically for the route, N151UA and N152UA (however, they became obsolete a few years later when the 747-400 was introduced). DL cut NRT as part of a draw-down of NRT operations as they have no feed there. That was a hold-over from Northwest Airlines when it had a vast Pacific network out of NRT as far down as BKK. Now, all the feed can go via ICN and KE is already double-daily A388 into JFK.

strfyr51

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:42 am

FA9295 wrote:
First off, I'm not sure if UA ever served JFK-NRT. They do however, serve EWR-NRT.

United flew JFK-NRT for years and even today flies EWR- NRT non stop. I suspect if we EVER go back to JFK? We'll do it again.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:16 am

I can see the routes being profitable but not extremely profitable. There's probably more origin traffic in Japan so it kind of makes more sense for them.

United flies out of EWR. They don't even serve JFK and even if they did chances would be 0%.

Delta I would say maybe a 1% chance in the future but very low chances.

tpaewr

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:23 am

strfyr51 wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

United flew JFK-NRT for years and even today flies EWR- NRT non stop. I suspect if we EVER go back to JFK? We'll do it again.

PMUA cut JFK-NRT along with the rest of their international pull down from NYC. The EWR-NRT flightwas from CO. As is all Asia flights from EWR. United will never fly JFK-NRT again. Any return to JFK will be focused on the former PS routes

TWA772LR

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:33 am

I still cant believe with all the exposure DL has in Asia and their hub in JFK that they cant make NYC-TYO work.

WPvsMW

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:51 am

The same way DL can't make SEA/HKG work.... it's all about yields.

JustSomeDood

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:21 am

Given that NH and JL are flying the most premium config 77Ws I have ever seen in that route (210-240 seats), yields can't be that bad. I think the issue for US carriers may be that the vast majority of corporate contracts for this route are overwhelmingly Japan PoS, which favors JL/NH significantly.

airportugal310

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:00 am

To be fair, JAL and ANA are both Japan’s largest carriers, both also fly JFK-HND, and further, offer connections beyond TYO via both airports. Not sure it should come as a huge surprise they can outlast in BOTH of those markets.

jfk777

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:36 am

At one tine just before 9/11 Northwest, United and Delta flew from JFK ti NRT along with JAL & ANA, all used 744 except Delta which used Md-11. After 9/11 AA flew JFK to NRT using 777 for several years, they may have stopped when JAL joined One World.

jfklganyc

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:12 am

EWR and UA was way after

Nothing to do with JFK NRT

UA cut this route as part of survival mode

JFK was like a hublet (along with SEA and MIA) and UA became a strict hub and spoke airline as they shrunk.

CO and EWR came later.

Delta is clearly lost in the Pacific, which is ironic because this position used to belong to AA.

They bought NW, with a strong pacific network, and we are currently watching them squander any leadership position they had in the region.

Now they focus on a JV at ICN.

I wouldnt be surprised to see NRT cut completely.

jasoncrh

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:21 am

Actually, in the early- mid 1990s, United has flights from Newark to both Tokyo and London Heathrow. Those were gone by the late 1990s. United also flew from JFK to Narita, as part of its old jfk hub, until 2006. In 2006 those JFK-NRT flights went away and were transferred to Washington Dulles. Newark- narita flights came back once United and continental merged. United will never fly from jfk to japan nonstop again

sq256

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am

jasoncrh wrote:
Actually, in the early- mid 1990s, United has flights from Newark to both Tokyo and London Heathrow. Those were gone by the late 1990s. United also flew from JFK to Narita, as part of its old jfk hub, until 2006. In 2006 those JFK-NRT flights went away and were transferred to Washington Dulles. Newark- narita flights came back once United and continental merged. United will never fly from jfk to japan nonstop again

UA never had a "JFK hub" in a technical sense.

JFK and SEA were termed as "International Gateways" at UA's peak of operations at those cities as opposed to "hub" that were focused on O&D, and occasionally were "unofficially" referred to as focus cities by the local media.

airzim

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 am

[code][/code]
jasoncrh wrote:

I believe UA at one point operated 747SPs on the EWR-NRT. Then 747 200Bs. This predated CO's entry into EWR-NRT nonstop, which at one time was operated EWR-SEA-NRT also on 747s.

FSDan

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:20 pm

DL last flew JFK-NRT on the 744, and cut it as they started dismantling connecting traffic out of NRT.

I don't think it's out of the question for DL to return to JFK-TYO, but it depends on how much they think they need to fly that route to get/keep the corporate traffic they want in NYC. If their NYC-based finance/banking/professional services customers are continually hounding them to add nonstops to places like TYO and HKG, DL's going to take a hard look at flying those routes. Perhaps JFK-TYO would be profitable on the new 359 with a competitive business product... Certainly a better chance of that than there was on the 744. However, I also don't know if DL would return to NYC-TYO unless they could use a daytime HND slot. The only chance at that would be if they could persuade the government to let them move MSP-HND back to JFK-HND, and they'd likely have an uphill battle there given their past antics.

gwrudolph

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:10 pm

airzim wrote:
[code][/code]
jasoncrh wrote:

I believe UA at one point operated 747SPs on the EWR-NRT. Then 747 200Bs. This predated CO's entry into EWR-NRT nonstop, which at one time was operated EWR-SEA-NRT also on 747s.

In the early 90s, UA operated both EWR and JFK to NRT flights. JFK was the 200B and EWR was the SP. Keep in mind that United was much larger in EWR at that time than they were just prior to the CO merger

jetlanta

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Delta never made a dime in JFK-TYO. And, judging by the capacity offered by JAL and ANA, they don't make much either. "Prestige" don't equal "Profits" in the airline business.

WPvsMW

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 pm

jfklganyc wrote:

NRT now gives DL some of it highest yields, e.g., HNL/NRT. The reason NRT/SIN hasn't been cut is high yields. If the yields are bad, the hatchet comes out. For NRT in the near term, the hatchet is sheathed. Historically, for JFK/NRT, SEA/HKG, NRT/BKK, ... the hatchet came out.

FSDan

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:04 pm

jetlanta wrote:
Delta never made a dime in JFK-TYO. And, judging by the capacity offered by JAL and ANA, they don't make much either. "Prestige" don't equal "Profits" in the airline business.

I refuse to believe that no one makes money between two of the world's largest cities and largest metro economies, located in two of the highest-GDP countries in the world, and on a flight that isn't all that long by current standards... UA relatively recently upgauged EWR-NRT to the 77W, so they seem to be doing fine at the very least.

adambrau

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:09 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
EWR and UA was way after

Nothing to do with JFK NRT

UA cut this route as part of survival mode

JFK was like a hublet (along with SEA and MIA) and UA became a strict hub and spoke airline as they shrunk.

CO and EWR came later.

Delta is clearly lost in the Pacific, which is ironic because this position used to belong to AA.

They bought NW, with a strong pacific network, and we are currently watching them squander any leadership position they had in the region.

Now they focus on a JV at ICN.

Those 5 years of pmUA pulling JFK-NRT/LHR, starting in 2006 until the merger in 2011, were quite painful for me as I stayed loyal to UA. I nearly left. All my flights NYC to Europe went via IAD/ORD and on more than one occasion I had to rent cars to get from IAD back to NYC because all the RJ's were cancelled due to weather. At least Asia I could still fly to LAX or SFO on PS in relative comfort and the right direction. pmUA had a very long stint in Chapter 11. Agree UA were very much in survival mode from the perfect storm of very high operating costs and the aftermath years of 9/11 - never saw so much duct tape in my life. In the end the merger was a godsend for me as I was a 2 million-miler flyer and I didn't want to start at the bottom with someone else. UA both has NYC to NRT and HKG nonstop and I'm glad I stuck with them!

OA412

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 pm

They both cut JFK-NRT for the same reason all routes are cut, they weren't making money in the market.

FSDan wrote:
jetlanta wrote:

I refuse to believe that no one makes money between two of the world's largest cities and largest metro economies, located in two of the highest-GDP countries in the world, and on a flight that isn't all that long by current standards... UA relatively recently upgauged EWR-NRT to the 77W, so they seem to be doing fine at the very least.

He didn't say no one is making money on NYC-NRT, just that he suspects JL and NH aren't making very much.

OA412

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 pm

They both cut JFK-NRT for the same reason all routes are cut, they weren't making money in the market.

FSDan wrote:
jetlanta wrote:

He didn't say no one is making money on NYC-NRT, just that he suspects JL and NH aren't making very much.

strfyr51

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:28 pm

jasoncrh wrote:

I wouldn't say NEVER again becuase the NEW EVP OPS even said that leaving JFK was a bad move and we should go back. However? There's no place to Go Back TO! United doesn't have a Teminal No Feeding flights and virtually NO infrastructure at JFK aside from a Ramp and Maintenance crew.
The ONLY way United is getting back into JFK would be to BUY or Merge with Jet Blue as we have some of the same types of airplanes and they have the old TWA Worldport. Thaat's the ONLY means I see until they tear JFK down and build a continuous terminal there. And that isn't going to happen anytime Soon.

Cunard

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:21 pm

jasoncrh wrote:

It wasn't the late 1990's, I'm not sure what year NRT flights stopped but UA as far as I can remember ceased EWR to LHR in 2003, I flew LHR to EWR with United in February 2002.

chepos

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:29 pm

jfk777 wrote:
At one tine just before 9/11 Northwest, United and Delta flew from JFK ti NRT along with JAL & ANA, all used 744 except Delta which used Md-11. After 9/11 AA flew JFK to NRT using 777 for several years, they may have stopped when JAL joined One World.

AA dropped JFK NRT when they got awarded JFK HND, they flew HND with very inconvenient times and dropped it during BK. AA never bothered returning to NRT, JL operates the route.

jfk777

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 pm

chepos wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

AA dropped JFK NRT when they got awarded JFK HND, they flew HND with very inconvenient times and dropped it during BK. AA never bothered returning to NRT, JL operates the route.

Today the Haneda slots are at regular hours, when the Haneda deal was first made by the USA & Japan all flights had to leave and arrive between 2200-0700. The AA flights from JFK to HND left about 1900 arriving into Haneda late in the evening which was too late for many connections. The departure back to JFK left at 0655 which only a vampire could love arriving at JFK just as rush hour was going on. The window to operate to Haneda had flights from Detroit and LAX into HND departing at crazy times. The HND window only worked for flights from Hawaii.

The lack of any US airlines from JFK to Tokyo and Asia is disturbing especially since Delta flies to many international destinations from JFK. JV's are all the thing today.Korean Air is no Cathay or Singapore though.

jfk777

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 pm

chepos wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

Today the Haneda slots are at regular hours, when the Haneda deal was first made by the USA & Japan all flights had to leave and arrive between 2200-0700. The AA flights from JFK to HND left about 1900 arriving into Haneda late in the evening which was too late for many connections. The departure back to JFK left at 0655 which only a vampire could love arriving at JFK just as rush hour was going on. The window to operate to Haneda had flights from Detroit and LAX into HND departing at crazy times. The HND window only worked for flights from Hawaii.

The lack of any US airlines from JFK to Tokyo and Asia is disturbing especially since Delta flies to many international destinations from JFK. JV's are all the thing today.Korean Air is no Cathay or Singapore though.

AirKevin

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:20 am

FA9295 wrote:
First off, I'm not sure if UA ever served JFK-NRT.

They did. I flew United 800 from NRT to JFK back in 2006.

chepos

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 am

jfk777 wrote:
chepos wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

I am aware of why the flight had the schedule it had, just pointing out one of the possible reasons the flight did not suceed and why NRT was discontinued. When we first got LAX HND it was not at excellent times either but they knew daytime slots were on the horozon

fbgdavidson

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 am

FSDan wrote:
DL last flew JFK-NRT on the 744, and cut it as they started dismantling connecting traffic out of NRT.

Am prepared to be wrong here but haven't DL operated JFK-NRT more recently with a 777? As in within the last year or so?

I live near JFK and am sure I've seen a 777 heading to NRT, maybe a 12.30pm departure or so?

Theproudbird

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:08 am

Yo tied didn’t cut it technically they sent it too IAD as they were cutting NYC I. General as a international base of operations and instead of doing away with the valuable flight and slot at NRT they transferred it too IAD the next closest base and hub. I worked the inaugural flight from IAD it came in around the same time as KWI did.

Ionosphere

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:26 am

fbgdavidson wrote:
FSDan wrote:

Am prepared to be wrong here but haven't DL operated JFK-NRT more recently with a 777? As in within the last year or so?

I live near JFK and am sure I've seen a 777 heading to NRT, maybe a 12.30pm departure or so?

DL pulled the 747 out of JFK around 2014/2015. NRT & TLV both were flown on the 777 after that. Did DL briefly fly JFK-NRT before 9/11?

Ionosphere

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:28 am

DL cut JFK-NRT on October 6, 2016. It was operated by a 777 at that time.

FSDan

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Got it - my bad on thinking it had ended on the 744!

jetlanta

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Overall capacity numbers in the NYC-TYO market should make it pretty clear, it just isn't that great. It is an Open Skies market, Anyone can fly as much capacity as they want (so long as they have slots). I agree that, on paper, you'd think it would be one of the world's strongest international markets. But it is clearly not.

tphuang

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Overall capacity may not be overwhelming, but it’s a very important business market. Anyone in finance can tell you that.

UA857

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:33 am

Did United switch JFK-NRT back to a 744 once JFK-HKG was discontinued?

a19901213

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:48 am

In Japan NYC-JFK route is known as dollar box(ドル箱)

It’s one of the most profitable route for two major Japanese carriers and they have been putting all of their effort in soft& hardwares to lure high end business traveller on this route.

I don’t know why Delta retreated from this route but it’s definitely a lucrative business for ANA&JAL.

dispatchguy

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:24 pm

When I worked at the UA Pilot Crew Desk during the summer of love (2000) I was told that for JFK-NRT 744s, all the freight paid for the flight - all the fares collected were pure profit.

a19901213

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:57 pm

a19901213 wrote:

It’s one of the most profitable route for two major Japanese carriers and they have been putting all of their effort in soft& hardwares to lure high end business traveller on this route.

I don’t know why Delta retreated from this route but it’s definitely a lucrative business for ANA&JAL.

Apology for the typo, should be "TOK-NYC".

N717TW

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:51 pm

tphuang wrote:
Overall capacity may not be overwhelming, but it’s a very important business market. Anyone in finance can tell you that.

That is 100% true (as is NYC-HKG and NYC-SIN) but its also true that the Asian carriers have a far better service reputation. So when you combine the Asian point-of-sale bias plus the "heck, I can get great JAL/ANA service plus AA/UA frequent flier credit" you see how the asian carriers slowly came to dominate the NYC-Asian routes.

As to the specific questions

1. HND opening back up changed the situation. Its not JFK vs. LGA...its LGA vs. HPN. So the higher ticket money is started flowing to HND. In the HND slot race AA and DL were obviously losing so much that sitting on slots wasn't worth it--only a small handful really know the story and the rest of us are just guessing. The Japanese carriers both had more say in their slots and both picked JFK. With JVs, UA and AA effectively fly JFK-HND. Its just smart to do so (see 1a below). DL, without access to HND and not really interested in flying as discount carrier on the route (also remember that DL has a much smaller super-long-haul wide body fleet than UA and AA) using 1 1/2 777 or 747s.

1a. It makes sense for the US carriers to use their HND slots in western hubs where they can scoop up more US traffic and flow them onto Japan. The US carriers networks are better for reaching secondary and tertiary US cities. Where as the Japanese carriers are better suited to use NRT/HND as a connector between secondary/tertiary Asian cities and primary US ones. Same use of FRA/MUH/ZRH and AMS/CDG vs. JFK/ATL and EWR/IAD on the Atlantic side.

2. UA does four of the six major Asian cities nonstop from NYC (SIN still too far and no ICN), albeit from EWR. So they now run it. EWR, even with the recent changes, is still a full directional hub for UA and they can easily flow traffic onto their TPAC routes from all around the northeast/east coast. Plus, UA has the ability to fill with connections at NRT and PEK plus a tiny bit at HKG. I'm not as sold on value of flow on both ends as others are here, but it certainly adds a few seats...I still see "other end " flow as the ability to justify daily vs. 4x weekly service. But I digress. Point is: UA has all that service from the NYC metro and has a fortress hub on the NJ side of the market.

3. DL isn't willing to lose (much) money on Asian routes and has taken a really long time to get a JV in place. If anything the NW merger is what is causing them to be behind. They bought an Asian network but frankly wasn't really strong as it connected to (at its height) 12 cities in Asia and those interport routes weren't making money on their own. Compare that to the networks of JAL/ANA/Korean. They tried, and failed, to buy into JAL and in the process ticked off KAL to the point where it took six years to get the parties back to the JV table. In hind sight I think many DL watchers would have said they should have passed on JAL and then should have sat on the DTW-HND slot so they could have requested the new daylight slot for either SEA or JFK. But they didn't.

gwrudolph

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:07 pm

N717TW wrote:
tphuang wrote:

That is 100% true (as is NYC-HKG and NYC-SIN) but its also true that the Asian carriers have a far better service reputation. So when you combine the Asian point-of-sale bias plus the "heck, I can get great JAL/ANA service plus AA/UA frequent flier credit" you see how the asian carriers slowly came to dominate the NYC-Asian routes.

As to the specific questions

1. HND opening back up changed the situation. Its not JFK vs. LGA...its LGA vs. HPN. So the higher ticket money is started flowing to HND. In the HND slot race AA and DL were obviously losing so much that sitting on slots wasn't worth it--only a small handful really know the story and the rest of us are just guessing. The Japanese carriers both had more say in their slots and both picked JFK. With JVs, UA and AA effectively fly JFK-HND. Its just smart to do so (see 1a below). DL, without access to HND and not really interested in flying as discount carrier on the route (also remember that DL has a much smaller super-long-haul wide body fleet than UA and AA) using 1 1/2 777 or 747s.

1a. It makes sense for the US carriers to use their HND slots in western hubs where they can scoop up more US traffic and flow them onto Japan. The US carriers networks are better for reaching secondary and tertiary US cities. Where as the Japanese carriers are better suited to use NRT/HND as a connector between secondary/tertiary Asian cities and primary US ones. Same use of FRA/MUH/ZRH and AMS/CDG vs. JFK/ATL and EWR/IAD on the Atlantic side.

2. UA does four of the six major Asian cities nonstop from NYC (SIN still too far and no ICN), albeit from EWR. So they now run it. EWR, even with the recent changes, is still a full directional hub for UA and they can easily flow traffic onto their TPAC routes from all around the northeast/east coast. Plus, UA has the ability to fill with connections at NRT and PEK plus a tiny bit at HKG. I'm not as sold on value of flow on both ends as others are here, but it certainly adds a few seats...I still see "other end " flow as the ability to justify daily vs. 4x weekly service. But I digress. Point is: UA has all that service from the NYC metro and has a fortress hub on the NJ side of the market.

3. DL isn't willing to lose (much) money on Asian routes and has taken a really long time to get a JV in place. If anything the NW merger is what is causing them to be behind. They bought an Asian network but frankly wasn't really strong as it connected to (at its height) 12 cities in Asia and those interport routes weren't making money on their own. Compare that to the networks of JAL/ANA/Korean. They tried, and failed, to buy into JAL and in the process ticked off KAL to the point where it took six years to get the parties back to the JV table. In hind sight I think many DL watchers would have said they should have passed on JAL and then should have sat on the DTW-HND slot so they could have requested the new daylight slot for either SEA or JFK. But they didn't.

Someone addresses the point you are making in #3 on the AA ORD-China cancellation string. NW hung on to the NRT hub concept way too long, keeping alot of their eggs in one (dying) basket. Meanwhile, UA saw that the ability to fly nonstop with smaller twin-jets between most major U.S. cities and most major Asian cities would eventually render the NRT hub strategy useless. As such, UA started more nonstop Asia services from other hubs and reducing the NRT hub much earlier. NW left DL with a bit of a mess in that regard. Of course, it was a bit easier for UA to cultivate those nonstops earlier given their hubs and route structure.

B4REAL

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:36 pm

N717TW has the tip of it, but I feel DL stopped JFK-NRT due to many reasons:

-Two Japanese airlines already run the route aligned to the other alliances
-DL doing what they are doing at NRT (not really a hub anymore minus the soon to be 2 onward destinations SIN and MNL)
-The 744's have left the fleet, leaving less really long haul aircraft

I feel also the bigger thing is that generally speaking DL is going to do in Asia like they have done in Europe. AMS and CDG are good role models for Asia when you look at ICN and PVG. I think Korean Air and China Eastern will drive more of the connecting traffic thru Asia with DL doing the best they can to get them to PVG and ICN - but both of those are already served on SkyTeam partner metal from JFK - so that's where DL is aligning for now in my opinion.

spinotter

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:02 pm

a19901213 wrote:
a19901213 wrote:

Apology for the typo, should be "TOK-NYC".

Wrong again. TYO-NYC

UA857

Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Would UA relaunched JFK-NRT if they didn’t merge with Continental?

KICT

Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:25 pm

The assets were better utilized elsewhere, in the case of Delta in MZJ.

LH658

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:51 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
I still cant believe with all the exposure DL has in Asia and their hub in JFK that they cant make NYC-TYO work.

What exposure? UA is much stronger brand name in Asia, DL just made up with KE. DL has routes in Asia, though not as much as UA.

TWA772LR

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:09 am

LH658 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

What exposure? UA is much stronger brand name in Asia, DL just made up with KE. DL has routes in Asia, though not as much as UA.

Exposure from NW. Ok its not branded as Northwest, but its not like Delta doesnt know anything about TPAC.

WPvsMW

Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:39 am

KICT wrote:
The assets were better utilized elsewhere, in the case of Delta in MZJ.

MZJ ???

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos