Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

United_fan
Topic Author

Why no Beech 1900D's on Air Canada's fleet page

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:56 am

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/hom ... fleet.html

And the ones that come to ROC do not have any titles on them....

northstardc4m

Re: Why no Beech 1900D's on Air Canada's fleet page

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:15 am

Because Tier 3 operations have been debranded. They still operate as Air Canada affiliated flights with AC codeshares but they are no longer part of the Air Canada Express banner, this applies to EVAS and Air Georgian B1900D operations.

heathrow

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:55 am

What's the deal with YBL and YQQ to YVR? Last I checked it was BEH, but I thought they were done with 9M?

SyracuseAvGeek

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:15 am

That's too bad, it looked good seeing a plane that small with airline logos on it. Plus it would have been extra cool to see at least one in the new livery

teneriffe77

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:17 am

That strikes me as odd as one would think that there should be at least some titles on it. I personally don't see why there are no AC titles on those planes cause to the average passenger they do operate an AC flight

United_fan
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:38 pm

teneriffe77 wrote:
That strikes me as odd as one would think that there should be at least some titles on it. I personally don't see why there are no AC titles on those planes cause to the average passenger they do operate an AC flight

I agree. People may already be nervous about flying in a small 'puddle jumper' , then to have no titles on it makes it look rinky dink. IMHO.

sixtyseven

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 pm

I don’t think AC likes their logos pasted all over them after some incidents took place involving them. Minor as they were.

The press being the press and people being people think it’s an air canada airplane. They don’t understand “operated by”. They just see the tail and assume.

longhauler

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Whether the aircraft is branded (or not) is usually left up to the operator. Some operators do not exclusively fly for only one airline and they wish to leave the aircraft unbranded so they can do just that.

I don't mean Georgian (for example) is flying for Air Canada, Westjet and Transat ... I mean they have their own charter operation that requires aircraft that also fly for Air Canada. I am pretty sure Air Canada would not want their brand on an aircraft flying an operation not related to them, but also, someone chartering a Beech from Georgian likely doesn't want any other company's branding either.

whywhyzee

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Air Georgian is now operating exclusively for AC. The livery was removed as directed by AC, reason being is that they do not meat the service image AC intends to project. They will be re-branded in a GGN livery at some point.

Dominion301

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:01 pm

longhauler wrote:
Whether the aircraft is branded (or not) is usually left up to the operator. Some operators do not exclusively fly for only one airline and they wish to leave the aircraft unbranded so they can do just that.

I don't mean Georgian (for example) is flying for Air Canada, Westjet and Transat ... I mean they have their own charter operation that requires aircraft that also fly for Air Canada. I am pretty sure Air Canada would not want their brand on an aircraft flying an operation not related to them, but also, someone chartering a Beech from Georgian likely doesn't want any other company's branding either.

I guess it's odd that the aircraft when from full AC Express branding to retaining the old blue AC livery with no titles. You'd have thought that Air Georgian / EVAS titles would appear à la Skywest house colours.

oldannyboy

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:29 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
Air Georgian is now operating exclusively for AC. The livery was removed as directed by AC, reason being is that they do not meat the service image AC intends to project. They will be re-branded in a GGN livery at some point.

In other words, they are cheap, easy and small enough to serve the needs of AC; but are too small, easy and cheap to fly their logo... Mmm...interesting.. :scratchchin:

whywhyzee

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:48 pm

oldannyboy wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:

In other words, they are cheap, easy and small enough to serve the needs of AC; but are too small, easy and cheap to fly their logo... Mmm...interesting.. :scratchchin:

Sorta Kinda. AC needs the capacity right now, they serve valuable niche markets, and don't have a replacement currently. (Eventually, it's likely that they upguage to Dash 100s, but that requires with more routes going mainline/rouge, or more regional aircraft orders.)

They are especially valuable in light of Westjet link, I would speculate more B1900s transfer to YYC to compete, if AC is interested in competing that is.

longhauler

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
I guess it's odd that the aircraft when from full AC Express branding to retaining the old blue AC livery with no titles. You'd have thought that Air Georgian / EVAS titles would appear à la Skywest house colours.

Maybe, but I suppose one would have to have access to the Capacity Purchase Agreement.

Likely the agreement dictates that while the AC Express name does not have to be on the aircraft, (and maybe preferred when doing other work), but also no one else's name should be on the side of the aircraft either, even their own house colours, if they existed.

Dominion301

Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm

longhauler wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

Maybe, but I suppose one would have to have access to the Capacity Purchase Agreement.

Likely the agreement dictates that while the AC Express name does not have to be on the aircraft, (and maybe preferred when doing other work), but also no one else's name should be on the side of the aircraft either, even their own house colours, if they existed.

Evidently something happened at the time of the livery change where AC no longer wanted to be directly linked to BEHs, despite the AC flight numbers.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos