User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2031
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:53 pm

TS-IOR wrote:
Malaysia Rayani Air ceased operations. It can raise funds, obtain AOC and all the due diligence, but is it economically viable?! It's a business and even Halal businesses can fail if basic math is not met and even with travelling prayers broadcasted before take-off.


That airline barely lasted a month, with two planes leased from Malaysia Airlines. The business model is one that should be laughed at by investors.
 
Fiend
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Arion640 wrote:

I'm very much against halal. Such a cruel way of killing an animal.


Any way of killing animals is cruel.... not just the halal way.....

I've eaten halal meat.... didn't taste any different than any other butchered meat.

I've also no objections to flying on airlines from Islamic countries... QR being my airline of choice at the moment....
BAC 1-11, A300, A320, A321, A330, A340, A350, A380, B737, B747, B757, B777, B787, L1011, Fokker 100, ATR 72, MD83
 
Bobloblaw
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Saudi, Iran Air and Kuwait are already Air Sharia.
 
Bobloblaw
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Isis is 100% muslim and Islamic. Their leader has a PhD in Islamic studies. Saying he isn't islamic is like saying Neil de Grassi Tyson isn't an astronomer.
 
od-bwh
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:25 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 pm

FCOTSTW wrote:
Just remember that being too strict towards one side on the other led Kuwait Airways to drop the lucrative JFK LHR segment after it refused to transport an Israeli passenger.

Airlines, like any other transport mean, should me "neutral" and should equally cater everybody.


Not sure how this relates to this topic. But anyway, the US requires that all airlines check passenger ID's for security reasons. It happens that Kuwait doesn't politically recognize Israel, so for the crew, an Israeli passport was not a valid ID. The passenger decided not to produce another ID, even though he had one (a US passport)! This is not in defense on Kuwait Airways (I don't really care), but it's only fair to state the fact as is.
A300, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A343, A346, A388, B712, B734, B736, B737, B738, B744, B763, B772, B773, B788, F70, MD11, CRJ7, CRJ2, Q400, MD82, MD83, MD88, E145, E175, E190
 
Arion640
Topic Author
Posts: 1876
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Fiend wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

I'm very much against halal. Such a cruel way of killing an animal.


Any way of killing animals is cruel.... not just the halal way.....

I've eaten halal meat.... didn't taste any different than any other butchered meat.

I've also no objections to flying on airlines from Islamic countries... QR being my airline of choice at the moment....


Halal involves cutting the animals throat and waiting for them to bleed to death, painful and making the animal suffer.

Normal way of killing involves just an electric stun as the animal is effectively put to sleep. Much more civlised, Halal slaughter has no place in society.

It's not meant to taste any different.
319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 738 744 752 753 763 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75.

Brexit - It’s time to take back control
 
Fiend
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Arion640 wrote:
Fiend wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

I'm very much against halal. Such a cruel way of killing an animal.


Any way of killing animals is cruel.... not just the halal way.....

I've eaten halal meat.... didn't taste any different than any other butchered meat.

I've also no objections to flying on airlines from Islamic countries... QR being my airline of choice at the moment....


Halal involves cutting the animals throat and waiting for them to bleed to death, painful and making the animal suffer.

Normal way of killing involves just an electric stun as the animal is effectively put to sleep. Much more civlised, Halal slaughter has no place in society.

It's not meant to taste any different.


LOL.... an animal still suffers when they are given an electric shock... Would you like to have an electric shock that was enough to render you unconscious? I'm an Electrical Engineer and I certainly wouldn't want to experience a shock of the magnitude that renders me unconscious.
BAC 1-11, A300, A320, A321, A330, A340, A350, A380, B737, B747, B757, B777, B787, L1011, Fokker 100, ATR 72, MD83
 
Arion640
Topic Author
Posts: 1876
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Fiend wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
Fiend wrote:

Any way of killing animals is cruel.... not just the halal way.....

I've eaten halal meat.... didn't taste any different than any other butchered meat.

I've also no objections to flying on airlines from Islamic countries... QR being my airline of choice at the moment....


Halal involves cutting the animals throat and waiting for them to bleed to death, painful and making the animal suffer.

Normal way of killing involves just an electric stun as the animal is effectively put to sleep. Much more civlised, Halal slaughter has no place in society.

It's not meant to taste any different.


LOL.... an animal still suffers when they are given an electric shock... Would you like to have an electric shock that was enough to render you unconscious? I'm an Electrical Engineer and I certainly wouldn't want to experience a shock of the magnitude that renders me unconscious.


Put it this way then, would you rather die by electric shock, or be strung upside down and have your throat slit?
319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 738 744 752 753 763 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75.

Brexit - It’s time to take back control
 
Jetty
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
Sharia means following the 5 elements of ISLAM and following the law of the land you are at !!!

Isis , Taliban , Bako Haram doesn't represent Islam at all . 90% of the laws that were enforced by those terrorist organizations aren't required by islam i.e women covering their face , attacking others , no tv , smoking etc

That is your interpretation of Islam and Sharia, just as ISIS has it's own. You don't get to decide what represents Islam just because your interpretation is different. While I prefer your interpretation there are sharia courts all over the world that have a more extensive view of it. A Muslim may believe there is one right way of interpreting Islam, but a neutral non-Muslim sees many interpretations with common aspects without one being right and the others wrong.

I very much hope the new airline will share your view of Islam though!

if you need more info regards what i said just youtube : Sharia law Australia debate there is a beautiful discussion about it and it's in english

The woman from your video has meanwhile left the country because she got called out on her ignorance and misquotations so much.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2819
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Please keep this discussion to talking about the airline. Yes, Sharia is a component of the airline, but this forum isn't intended for a debate on Islamic law. Let's please just try to stick to the aviation elements of this discussion, since that's what most of us are here for!

✈️ atcsundevil
 
killeroogs
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:24 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Please keep this discussion to talking about the airline. Yes, Sharia is a component of the airline, but this forum isn't intended for a debate on Islamic law. Let's please just try to stick to the aviation elements of this discussion, since that's what most of us are here for!

✈️ atcsundevil


Not sure you can separate this from a discussion about Islamic Sharia law when the only purpose of this individual for starting this airlines to have one that adheres to Islamic law. Besides there is not much to discuss as far as the "aviation elements" are concerned. He's got one small plane, it's got a few seats and that's it.

I think if the moderators want to move this discussion to a non-aviation related forum that would make more sense then asking people not discuss Islam and Sharia law because it's too sensitive.
 
OGLOBAL
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Jetty wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:
Sharia means following the 5 elements of ISLAM and following the law of the land you are at !!!

Isis , Taliban , Bako Haram doesn't represent Islam at all . 90% of the laws that were enforced by those terrorist organizations aren't required by islam i.e women covering their face , attacking others , no tv , smoking etc

That is your interpretation of Islam and Sharia, just as ISIS has it's own. You don't get to decide what represents Islam just because your interpretation is different. While I prefer your interpretation there are sharia courts all over the world that have a more extensive view of it. A Muslim may believe there is one right way of interpreting Islam, but a neutral non-Muslim sees many interpretations with common aspects without one being right and the others wrong.

I very much hope the new airline will share your view of Islam though!

if you need more info regards what i said just youtube : Sharia law Australia debate there is a beautiful discussion about it and it's in english

The woman from your video has meanwhile left the country because she got called out on her ignorance and misquotations so much.


Sharia courts are mainly for inheritance issues , marriage and divorce .
she is not ignorant at all but this is exactly what happens if i have a different point of view in regards to islam i get called a zionist ignorant stupid you know how many times I've been called a jew ?

it's not me changing islam it's modernizing islam you can't live in 2018 as if it's 800 . And i am not just saying what i say from my head i asked a very respectful imam and he agreed with me on some issues for example i asked about male guys keeping their hair long because the prophet used to his response was: we can't live like they lived during the prophet era because we are in a different era and we have to adapt to the era we are living.

back to this airline i mean are they going to offer the same product Brunei Airlines Saudi , Kuwait and Egypt Air offer .. ?
 
User avatar
SomebodyInTLS
Posts: 1259
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 pm

speedbird52 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
shankly wrote:
Whenever I fly out of LHR (typically with BA or EK down to JNB or CPT) I always order a halal meal as the local caterers rustle up a cracking ruby murray….which of course should be enjoyed with a beer or four

His airline will of course have to comply with National and International aviation standards ahead of any sharia bolt ons


I'm very much against halal. Such a cruel way of killing an animal.

How so? What's cruel about beheading the animal compared to raising animals in tiny compacted cages and then killing them by boiling alive? The purpose of halal slaughtering is humanity.


Nit-picking here but AFAIK most animals are not beheaded (presumably that's just for poultry) but are bled out by cutting the artery. It's still relatively humane since they don't experience much pain and will very quickly pass out.

I could look it up, but then hey - this is a.net... we're legally obliged to opine on stuff we know little about! :)
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."
 
Gsdlimey
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Seems like a great idea... LTN-BHX has been overlooked by airlines for years.
 
User avatar
kitplane01
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 am

flipdewaf wrote:
As long as they aren't breaking the laws of the land ...If an airline Can ban someone from flying due to their religion or sexuality then there is no reason to stop them using sharia law to ban them.

Fred




Errrr. And airline banning someone flying based on religion or sexuality *would* be braking the law of the UK, the US, France, etc. Also immoral.
 
speedbird52
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:30 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 am

Arion640 wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

I'm very much against halal. Such a cruel way of killing an animal.

How so? What's cruel about beheading the animal compared to raising animals in tiny compacted cages and then killing them by boiling alive? The purpose of halal slaughtering is humanity.


What animals are kept in compacted cadges and boiled alive may i ask?

Chickens in the United States. Just look up a poultry farm. The images are disgusting. As for boiling alive, it isn't deliberate per say, rather a result of carelessness. If I recall correctly, the animals are electrocuted to death, but many survive the ordeal. Next up is being robotically dropped in scalding hot water to remove their feathers, and finally, their remaining feathers are plucked off one by one. Do a little research on the subject yourself, regardless on opinions of halal food you will still find yourself a tad disgusted. It inspired me to raise my own chickens, but most people don't have that capability.
"I have control" Three Words That Could Have Saved Lives.
 
L410Turbolet
Posts: 5883
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

Gsdlimey wrote:
Seems like a great idea... LTN-BHX has been overlooked by airlines for years.


MMX-MRS
BRU-LBA
CGN-ORY
VIE-MAN

should be literally cashcows. :stirthepot:
 
Luftymatt
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:27 pm

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 pm

spinotter wrote:
KICT wrote:
Hopefully their AOC is denied.


No, listen. We have to be tolerant of other beliefs and ways of living, as long as they do the same with us. And most Muslims do that. I lived in Iran for two years and I am going to tell you straight out that the Iranians are the kindest, most hospitable people on earth. Ditto for all Middle Easterners, although I know the other countries less. We have to stop fighting and disrespecting each other. Their culture and pride was savaged by the Western colonial powers and Israel. So they cling to their religion. Over time we can change that relationship, I hope. So a Sharia airline for people who observe Sharia, champagne and paté de foie gras on Air France, and no perks whatsoever on Spirit. Why not?

I agree with most of what you say, and you have to admit that you won't find many people on here (if any) criticising middle eastern or some far eastern airlines that are being run around Muslim beliefs. However this will be a British airline, based in Britain. If we could for example, go and set up a Christian airline, run around Christian only beliefs and philosophy and drive home that fact, whilst in a Muslim county, then most people here wouldn't have a problem with this concept. We know however, that this would never would never be allowed, and this is what sticks in people's craw.
There is a hypocrisy with political correctness, and whilst that hypocrisy exists there will always be more opposition to these ideas than there would normally be.
chase the sun
 
Gsdlimey
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Luftymatt wrote:
spinotter wrote:
KICT wrote:
Hopefully their AOC is denied.


No, listen. We have to be tolerant of other beliefs and ways of living, as long as they do the same with us. And most Muslims do that. I lived in Iran for two years and I am going to tell you straight out that the Iranians are the kindest, most hospitable people on earth. Ditto for all Middle Easterners, although I know the other countries less. We have to stop fighting and disrespecting each other. Their culture and pride was savaged by the Western colonial powers and Israel. So they cling to their religion. Over time we can change that relationship, I hope. So a Sharia airline for people who observe Sharia, champagne and paté de foie gras on Air France, and no perks whatsoever on Spirit. Why not?

I agree with most of what you say, and you have to admit that you won't find many people on here (if any) criticising middle eastern or some far eastern airlines that are being run around Muslim beliefs. However this will be a British airline, based in Britain. If we could for example, go and set up a Christian airline, run around Christian only beliefs and philosophy and drive home that fact, whilst in a Muslim county, then most people here wouldn't have a problem with this concept. We know however, that this would never would never be allowed, and this is what sticks in people's craw.
There is a hypocrisy with political correctness, and whilst that hypocrisy exists there will always be more opposition to these ideas than there would normally be.


HYPOCRITICAL CORRECTNESS?
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:42 am

Virtual737 wrote:
FlyRow wrote:
Wow... the stereotypes are ramped here...
Would we have the same discussion if we had a Cristian Airline, Orthodox Airline or Buddhist Airline?


I doubt we would ever see anyone attempt a "Christian" Airline because the backlash from non-Christians, especially the uber strict parts of some other religions would be up in arms. Heck, in the UK such a name for an airline would probably be blocked by government just in case it offends someone in our multi cultural success-story example to the world.


There is no backlash. This airline doesn't even really exist. Here we're just discussing it's potential as a business idea and to me it seems like a bad idea. A "Christian" airline also seems like a bad idea, for mostly the same reasons. It's not that they would get zero passengers, but that the concept itself is not particularly appealing to most people. If you launch an airline you need a concept that appeals to the largest possible number of people, not something that appeals to a very small minority of a minority and is offputting to everyone else.
 
MHG
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:33 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:38 am

Doubtful they´ll ever make it off the ground.
If they really do I´d wonder if they end up like Rayani Air but the British CAA certainly won´t grant an AOC if OPS don´t meet their requirements.
Flying is not inherently dangerous but it is very unforgiving in case of carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
 
sevenair
Posts: 2723
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Britains First Sharia Airline

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:45 am

I'd never understood the lefts seemingly unholy alliance with Islam. It literally goes against every liberal moral that they have but they'll defend it to the death whilst happily insulting the likes of Catholics. Either you're for freedom for all or you're very much against freedom. Take the vegan terrorists. They attack the meat industry and butchers because it doesn't sit with their ethics but funnily enough you'll never find a halal butcher subject to death threats.

It's like the way they always find a Christian baker who won't bake a gay wedding cake but yet again they'll completely ignore the many Muslim owned bakeries who'll similarly decline the same order.

Here we see the left actively advocating for halal slaughter with the simple 'all slaughtered meat isn't cruelty free'. There's a difference between a system whereby the odd poor blighter doesn't succumb to the stunning but halal systematically uses torture slaughter to bring about the end.

I'm hugely into religious freedom. I supported the recent mosque on the Isle of Lewis. I support Scientology and people's choice to practice whatever religion they choose. But at the same time I'm for calling out specific issues consistently throughout all religions. You don't get to criticise one aspect of a certain religion whilst ignoring the fact that another religion does exactly the same thing. You get outraged at them all or you don't get outraged at all.
Diversity is our strength. Unless it's diversity of opinion, then anything is fair game.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos