Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AVLAirlineFreq

Re: G4 expanding in AVL

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:50 pm

airtrantpa wrote:
FLL will be a nice addition, i wish they would add routes North of AVL, like the Chicago area.

Don't forget, they do fly AVL-EWR and AVL-BWI.

airtrantpa
Topic Author

G4 expanding in AVL

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Allegiant adding flights in Asheville
https://wlos.com/news/local/allegiant-a ... -asheville

SFD and FLL.

SFD goes daily, if only PIE would go daily.

FLL will be a nice addition, i wish they would add routes North of AVL, like the Chicago area.

Anyone know how the DEN route is doing, I always thought that this was a weird route.

william

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:07 pm

What is the catchment area for this airport? Quite a bit of DL regional flights to ATL. What's the traffic source?

evank516

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:31 pm

william wrote:
What is the catchment area for this airport? Quite a bit of DL regional flights to ATL. What's the traffic source?

Mainline too. It's good to see G4 expanding there, AVL seems to be doing quite well these days. G4 even caused some competitive responses from UA. Didn't they add bare bottom fares and upgrade to mainline on EWR-AVL as a result?

airtrantpa
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:31 pm

AVL is kind of in between GSP CLT and TYS. Its expensive ti fly in and out of. Im greatful G4 is there to kind of keep the US3 at bay. I sure do miss FL, and working the AVL flightback in Florida. I wish we could get either B6 or F9 in here, and at least make the airport a busier place than it is.

evank516

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:02 pm

airtrantpa wrote:
AVL is kind of in between GSP CLT and TYS. Its expensive ti fly in and out of. Im greatful G4 is there to kind of keep the US3 at bay. I sure do miss FL, and working the AVL flightback in Florida. I wish we could get either B6 or F9 in here, and at least make the airport a busier place than it is.

FL's planes still land in AVL, they're just in Delta colors now ;)

AVLAirlineFreq

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:20 pm

william wrote:

One of the things that makes G4 work so well to and from Florida is that there is a huge amount of traffic coming TO the mountains of western North Carolina from Florida. It's one of the most popular vacation spots for Floridians, many of whom have family living here or second homes in the region. I've heard that as much as 50% of G4's Florida route traffic originates in Florida. AVL has had record levels of passenger traffic for the last few years, in large part because of G4.

AVLAirlineFreq

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:23 pm

airtrantpa wrote:
Allegiant adding flights in Asheville
https://wlos.com/news/local/allegiant-a ... -asheville

SFD and FLL.

SFD goes daily, if only PIE would go daily.

FLL will be a nice addition,

Just to clarify, G4 has been flying AVL-FLL for years. It's going double daily.

airtrantpa
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:34 pm

evank516 wrote:
airtrantpa wrote:

FL's planes still land in AVL, they're just in Delta colors now ;)

I know i just miss seeing the baby boy with a teal "a" on the tail. So many 1st with the 717 when i started at FL in 06.

MAH4546

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Double daily on FLL-AVL is impressive - does Allegiant fly much of anything else at double daily?

It's a big local market because Asheville is such a popular second home place for South Floridians and visa-versa. This is probably one of the few routes where the traffic is mostly coming from Florida, not the other way around.

TYSflyer

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:01 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Double daily on FLL-AVL is impressive - does Allegiant fly much of anything else at double daily?

It's a big local market because Asheville is such a popular second home place for South Floridians and visa-versa. This is probably one of the few routes where the traffic is mostly coming from Florida, not the other way around.

I am aware that BLI-LAS runs 2 to 3 times daily. Some of the SFB routes run 2 flights a day on certain days of the week. But they don’t have many that run at this frequency that AVL-FLL will.

Coriander

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 pm

william wrote:

There are tons of high-end resorts and neighborhoods in the area that many retired Floridians have up in the mountains. There are some amazing private clubs within an hour of AVL. I think that has something to do with it.

Midwestindy

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 am

Coriander wrote:
william wrote:

There are tons of high-end resorts and neighborhoods in the area that many retired Floridians have up in the mountains. There are some amazing private clubs within an hour of AVL. I think that has something to do with it.

High-end and Allegiant don't go well together

Coriander

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:08 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Coriander wrote:
william wrote:

Not usually but the direct flight is much better than the connection to a lot of folks. I know some fairly wealthy folks that take advantage of the Thurs/Sun schedule for golfing trips and quick hops to check on the house.

usxguy

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:21 am

Midwestindy wrote:

True, but enough people are sick of getting stuck in ATL/CLT due to weather that many folks I know, with money, will book Allegiant because its nonstop. I flew them last year from XNA to SFB and almost everyone commented they love not having to stop in ATL/DFW/CLT to get to Florida.

cbphoto

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Coriander wrote:
william wrote:

Some of the richest people I know, are the biggest penny pinchers. You’ll be surprised how many wealthy people will fly on G4 to save a few bucks and get them there non stop!

evank516

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:16 pm

cbphoto wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Coriander wrote:

Some of the richest people I know, are the biggest penny pinchers. You’ll be surprised how many wealthy people will fly on G4 to save a few bucks and get them there non stop!

How do you think they became so wealthy in the first place?

CarlosSi

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:52 pm

evank516 wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

How do you think they became so wealthy in the first place?

Or think of it this way (applies for anyone). If the fare is $20 cheaper, you can now spend those $20 on something else, like 100 McNuggets.

Maybe not a 100. It’s Spirit’s freakn slogan; less money, more go.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos