Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CaliguyNYC

Re: Delta to serve Mumbai nonstop in 2019

Fri May 25, 2018 10:04 am

I get why UA is successful on EWR-BOM without having connections on the BOM end (EWR is a strong hub and EWR-BOM has strong O&D on both ends). If you believe JFK is a weaker hub for DL than EWR is for UA, ATL might be the origin for the flight. I would say what is missing from India-US flight options today are connections on the India side. AI, and to a lessor extent the ME3, have all benefitting from having flight options that land in India at times when you can connect on (by plane, car, train). What else can explain the success of AI’s nonstops (other than preference of some O&D for the nonstop option). Most of the EU flights get into BOM way too late for most connections (I think its like BLR, AMD and maybe DEL for 9W). Who wants to wait 6 hours to connect. IF JFK-BOM is timed right, DL would be able to offer a slew of Indian cities. If you are going IND-CCU you have at least a two stop flight no matter how you cut it. DL could offer a two stop connection with short connections in JFK and BOM that finally competes with ME3 and is better than what EU carriers can offer (because they have long overnight connections in BOM). So in summary I think DL should go for JFK over ATL since JFK/BOM premium pax plus potential both end connections is a better mix than even more connections at ATL with less premium pax.

pezzy669

Fri May 25, 2018 10:54 am

Consolidator fare customers rejoice.........when seats are available.

toobz

Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 am

AirlineBrat wrote:
Unfortunately, I have no interest flying a US carrier on an ultra long haul route. The passenger experience and comfort is sacrificed to ensure that shareholders are happy with their investment. I’ll spend extra for a foreign carrier that is focused on their customers. Last time I visited India, I flew SIN-MAA on SQ and IST-BOM on TK. Both flights were outstanding.

When was the last time you have flown DL internationally?? They are very much on par with any foreign airline..and after flying SAS 3 times this month, I can say DL is much better service wise.

Nimish

Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 am

Other than to mumble those statements about the evil ME3, what exactly has DL achieved by this press release about launching BOM non-stop? Neither a/c type, nor timings, not frequency, nor US point, nor starting date have been announced. This is kind of like AI leadership talking about IAH/ DFW for AI.

ltbewr

Fri May 25, 2018 11:19 am

Will there be enough premium pax to pay for this DL non-stop flight to India and if so which hub - JFK vs. ATL would be more likely to be profitable ? That is a big question. To me ATL would be better as less direct competition, fewer delays vs. JFK, great connections from cities in the SE USA so only 1 stop/connection via ATL vs. those of the ME3. It would also give those who prefer to use a USA based carrier, one some would gain a lot of FF points on and those companies with contracted deals with DL would prefer.

behramjee

Fri May 25, 2018 11:28 am

Looks like it is expected to be ATL JFK BOM v.v

Same plane and same flight number like before.

flybry

Fri May 25, 2018 11:48 am

I think United will soon cease its service to Mumbai if Delta enters the market. :(

MapleLeaf789

Fri May 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Air Canada are flying to Mumbai from Toronto and to Delhi from both Toronto and Vancouver.

jayunited

Fri May 25, 2018 12:29 pm

flybry wrote:
I think United will soon cease its service to Mumbai if Delta enters the market. :(

Continental Airlines and now United Airlines has weathered the rise of the ME3 and our flights to India have remained while Delta tucked tail and ran. If United could survive the ME3 they can survive Delta. Delta reentering this market will have little to no impact on United at EWR.

As someone else already pointed out UA has been successful on our EWR-BOM route despite not having onward connections at BOM. While DL does have a partner 9W UA has a partner in AI. I think the market is big enough for both DL/9W and UA/AI, if these 4 airlines could start working closer together perhaps we will see even more nonstop flights from the U.S. to India which in turn will put pressure on the ME3.

dtw2hyd

Fri May 25, 2018 1:13 pm

This will be the fifth NYC-India non-stop, plus EWR-LHR-AMD direct flight.

Rest of the US has three non-stops.

dmstorm22

Fri May 25, 2018 1:14 pm

binayak wrote:
Even I think it might be JFK BOM. Now with strong feeds from 9W this might be successful . Plus if DL's flights are well connecting to 9W's SIN flights this will be the shortest way for NYC based DL FF to fly to Singapore. ( JFK-BOM-SIN) .

JFK-ICN-SIN is shorter, so when the DL/KL JV gets going in full that may be a more convenient option.

Technically, JFK-CAN-SIN is shorter as well, but I'm not sure what the FF benefits are on CZ for DL elites.

dmstorm22

Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm

flybry wrote:

Why would you think that?

That flight has existed for over a decade, through the rise of ME3 options.

There is a giant Indian community in NJ, many of which are wealthy, who take the flight that are not going to suddenly give it up to drive all the way out to JFK. DL better not be banking on siphoning too much traffic from UA with this flight. They have to hope they can get ME3 (or AF/LH/BA) traffic.

tphuang

Fri May 25, 2018 1:25 pm

dmstorm22 wrote:
binayak wrote:
Even I think it might be JFK BOM. Now with strong feeds from 9W this might be successful . Plus if DL's flights are well connecting to 9W's SIN flights this will be the shortest way for NYC based DL FF to fly to Singapore. ( JFK-BOM-SIN) .

JFK-ICN-SIN is shorter, so when the DL/KL JV gets going in full that may be a more convenient option.

Technically, JFK-CAN-SIN is shorter as well, but I'm not sure what the FF benefits are on CZ for DL elites.

yep CZ/MU/KE are all shorter to SIN from JFK. Who in their right mind flies to SIN through BOM? Of course, the best way to get to SIN is direct and that will be available soon. You are not getting any premium passengers to SouthEast Asia through BOM. The idea is entirely ridiculous.

UA is far more profitable at EWR than DL is at JFK. And as repeated many times before, wealthier Indian expats are more concentrated in New Jersey.

People seem to forget ATL has a decent Indian population and growing. 9th or 10th largest in the US. However there are currently a lot of one stop options via DL/KL/AF, Qatar and Turkish out of ATL already. No need for EWR and UA. So maybe DL could take home court advantage since they know the market and now have a partner in 9W.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Americans
NYC/NJ Indian population is 7 times that of ATL. It's 4 times that of the 2nd largest. Although I guess if you include SJC/SFO as one, then it's 2.5 times that of the 2nd largest.

Here is a hint, anytime you go past the top 3 to 5 population center of a ethnic group in US, it's not relevant.

WPvsMW

Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 pm

My guess: ex-ATL on the 77L.
ATL has less competition US/IN. JFK may have more O&D, but connecting traffic will fill more seats at ATL than at JFK or DTW.

algeorge2015

Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm

kavok wrote:
Wouldn’t the flight route of NYC/ATL/DTW-India go straight north, and then fly over China/Russia plus some other nations with “US perceived ‘security’ issues”? It seems like whatever routing is chosen would have to overfly areas that could become politically unstable or closed airspace. I could be wrong, but I thought US-India flights were North Pole routes.

" “US perceived ‘security’ issues”? " I am debating - flying over 31000 ft or walk into a mall or any school system in the US these days
Last edited by algeorge2015 on Fri May 25, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dtw2hyd

Fri May 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Gcmap distances, ATL is 700+ miles farther than JFK, makes a huge difference in fuel burn.

ATL-BOM 8,510 mi
DTW-BOM 7,949 mi
MSP-BOM 7,942 mi
JFK-BOM 7,799 mi
BOS-BOM 7,619 mi

algeorge2015

Fri May 25, 2018 2:21 pm

WPvsMW wrote:
My guess: ex-ATL on the 77L.
ATL has less competition US/IN. JFK may have more O&D, but connecting traffic will fill more seats at ATL than at JFK or DTW.

I agree. If DL can do ATL-DEL & JFK-BOM with connectivity using 9W or SG or 6E (within 2-3 hrs), the one stop service should workout. One of the issue we forgot in this thread is the immigration and emigration clearance for different passport/visa holders travelling to India. Many of the green card holders and H-1 prefer the direct India (me personally after 19 yrs on green card - prefer AI connectivity to COK or TRV).

CaliguyNYC

Fri May 25, 2018 2:35 pm

So on the JFK-BOM-SIN routing someone mentioned, I flew EWR-SIN back when SQ flew nonstop. The flight routing took us right over DEL and down through India to SIN. While BOM is a bit off that path, is a flight route to SIN shorter through India (let’s stick with DEL)? I would have thought that routings through Korea or China would be faster but SQ flew over the pole, Russia, India. Anyone know?

Flighty

Fri May 25, 2018 2:39 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

Right, that is what I don't understand. The Indian diaspora in the USA is not even really centered in New York and New Jersey. That is one strong market among 6-8 others. And DL JFK doesn't have wonderful hub connectivity. UA at EWR is better. Not sure what explains the configuration of flights & I don't expect it to stay that way long term.

winGl3t

Fri May 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Wish we could see both JFK-BOM and SEA-BOM to cater all of the country, east and West of Mississippi. Very unlikely, though. My 2 cents are on JFK-BOM with 77L

tphuang

Fri May 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Flighty wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Right, that is what I don't understand. The Indian diaspora in the USA is not even really centered in New York and New Jersey. That is one strong market among 6-8 others. And DL JFK doesn't have wonderful hub connectivity. UA at EWR is better. Not sure what explains the configuration of flights & I don't expect it to stay that way long term.

Numbers would say nyc nj is far and away the largest Indian population. I don’t see how that could be argued.

LAXdude1023

Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm

In case anyone is interested, here are the largest foreign born Indian communities in the US. This is foreign born only:

1. New York: 361,910 people
2. Bay Area: 249,903
3. Chicago: 142,508
4. Dallas: 108,570
5. Washington DC: 104,432
6. Los Angeles: 94,007
7. Philadelphia: 82,091
8. Houston: 75,609
9. Atlanta: 64,614

dmstorm22

Fri May 25, 2018 3:02 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So on the JFK-BOM-SIN routing someone mentioned, I flew EWR-SIN back when SQ flew nonstop. The flight routing took us right over DEL and down through India to SIN. While BOM is a bit off that path, is a flight route to SIN shorter through India (let’s stick with DEL)? I would have thought that routings through Korea or China would be faster but SQ flew over the pole, Russia, India. Anyone know?

GCMaps has JFK-ICN-SIN slightly shorter than JFK-DEL-SIN.

I know EWR-SIN used to often take various routes based on headwinds and weather conditions.

binayak

Fri May 25, 2018 3:22 pm

I feel India side connections will be more valuable than US side. Few like to fly from India to places like DTW via say ATL. UA can bring connecting pax in their EWR non stops because their fares are ultra cheap if you try booking routes like say BOM-EWR-DFW.
That said 9W already connects 36 cities to BOM ( in India) and they have bunch of domestic departures from BOM at mid night hours. So I feel this time a 10 pm arrival at BOM might work unlike what it did a decade ago. For connecting pax it will be an early morning ( 4 pm) arrival at their home (possibly better than mid night arrival via EU).

ronitkadam777

Fri May 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Though their US end is unclear, its a welcome addition to BOM! The only US carrier in India is UA and their product is not up to the mark on their 772ERs. Hoping this flight has good connections to the US west coast on either directions..

cokepopper

Fri May 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Interesting that many Indian news publications are stating that it is JFK-BOM

http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index ... bai/384036

jfklganyc

Fri May 25, 2018 6:53 pm

AirlineBrat wrote:
Unfortunately, I have no interest flying a US carrier on an ultra long haul route. The passenger experience and comfort is sacrificed to ensure that shareholders are happy with their investment. I’ll spend extra for a foreign carrier that is focused on their customers. Last time I visited India, I flew SIN-MAA on SQ and IST-BOM on TK. Both flights were outstanding.

I flew Delta to Europe twice over the past few years.

They have an excellent TA product in Y.

Your opinion is a dated one. Delta has really upped their game...and surpasses most European carriers

panamair

Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Few things to remember:

-Delta’s JFK hub isn’t too shabby in terms of US domestic connections: between 45-50 cities will be able to get 1-stop service to BOM thru JFK.
-Jet Airways has late night connections out of BOM to DEL, HYD, MAA, BLR, AMD, CCU and COK (and even CMB, BKK and SIN for other destinations outside of India) so a late night arrival from JFK isn’t a problem for connections at BOM.
-Those seven Indian cities listed above with late night connections out of BOM are also 7 of the 8 Indian destinations that EK serves nonstop out of DXB so DL/9W will be quite competitive with EK from NYC to most of the key Indian destinations outside of BOM, schedule and convenience-wise.

EddieDude

Fri May 25, 2018 7:31 pm

777Mech wrote:
This article is incorrect, as the CEO himself has only said they are returning to India, and that more detail will come in the future.

The person who wrote the article also forgot to mention that AI has nonstops from the U.S. to India. He/she claimed UA is the only carrier that flies nonstop between the two countries.

Lootess

Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 pm

I feel they can do either ATL-BOM or JFK-BOM and be some what profitable rather easily.

toobz wrote:
AirlineBrat wrote:

When was the last time you have flown DL internationally?? They are very much on par with any foreign airline..and after flying SAS 3 times this month, I can say DL is much better service wise.

Yep, I grow a little tired of the blanket "US carriers international product stinks" from those who hadn't tried DL recently.

For-example ATL-ICN. Flying an ULH in Y especially on the new DL A350 is even better than many foreign airlines. Big LCD screens and 4TBs of movie content, power plugs, satellite wifi, amenity kits, slippers, alcohol service on meal times, dinner, brunch, desert, and pre-landing meal. Several menus choices of Western or Korean meals. What more are we asking for?

NWADTWE16

Sat May 26, 2018 5:02 am

well I am a DTW fan-boy as coined by you all, so I have to at least hold out hope that this goes to DTW. Proven "EASY" connections with a simplified, modern terminal, efficient and rapid customs and transfer clearance, less distance and fuel burn over ATL. To me this makes sense from all three airports, less JFK as its so competitive, that's a starting point disadvantage, unless its the A350 which I believe it will be.

What a huge statement for DTW though if they add it there. I see a 7th solid bank forming as I watch the schedule to, so perhaps they are finally realizing flows over DTW can help ATL, and the airlines image, because ATL is just too much right now.

As said many times, whatever happens, nice move DL, now go back to DXB as well, and get those government contracts you abandoned

Jouhou

Sat May 26, 2018 5:19 am

Irehdna wrote:
Interesting that DL are choosing BOM over DEL. DEL is not an insignificant hub for 9W. I suppose they are trying to counter AI's DEL hub model in which nearly all flights go via DEL.

I was initially thinking that DL would launch ATL-DEL on the A359 as their return to India. It is interesting to see whether they choose JFK or ATL for this flight. How many restrictions are required for an A359 to make BOM-ATL nonstop? I would imagine this flight wouldn't be that much shorter than AI's DEL-SFO.

Though to be fair, launching ATL-BOM before ATL-TLV is somewhat interesting. However, I don't know how much connecting demand there would be for ATL-TLV.

BOM is probably a more premium-heavy route.

I wonder if there's going to be flights from more than one US city. Of course NYC is pretty standard, but ATL is their mega-hub and massport probably would throw a ton of incentives at them for serving BOS-BOM (anyone who follows the BOS thread would know how desperate they've been to get India served)

tphuang

Sat May 26, 2018 10:54 am

Lootess wrote:
I feel they can do either ATL-BOM or JFK-BOM and be some what profitable rather easily.

toobz wrote:
AirlineBrat wrote:

Yep, I grow a little tired of the blanket "US carriers international product stinks" from those who hadn't tried DL recently.

For-example ATL-ICN. Flying an ULH in Y especially on the new DL A350 is even better than many foreign airlines. Big LCD screens and 4TBs of movie content, power plugs, satellite wifi, amenity kits, slippers, alcohol service on meal times, dinner, brunch, desert, and pre-landing meal. Several menus choices of Western or Korean meals. What more are we asking for?

Well for starters, SQ gives Y passengers hot towels service after they board.

Big LCD screen/power plug/wifi/slippers/meals is pretty standard these days. How about 32 inch pitch and 18+ inch seat on A380. And since we are talking about India here, how about a complete selection of Indian movie/music content like EK has and great selection of Indian meals.

panamair

Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 am

tphuang wrote:

As does Delta, though they do it after takeoff before the start of the first drink service.

DLHAM

Sat May 26, 2018 11:30 am

DTW could really make sense, big hub with lots of connections, decent sized city and no ME3 competition plus no Air India or Jet Airways.
Also flying to the westcoast a connection at DTW is much less of a detour than JFK.

NZ321

Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 am

But the 77L is a gas guzzler and fuel is heading up. If it's DTW my pick is it's A350. If not, I suspect DL is looking for more cargo uplift and it will be 77L. Bombay has plenty of high yield travellers. Whether DL can attract them given the competition remains to be seen.

Lootess

Sat May 26, 2018 1:14 pm

tphuang wrote:
Lootess wrote:

toobz wrote:

Big LCD screen/power plug/wifi/slippers/meals is pretty standard these days. How about 32 inch pitch and 18+ inch seat on A380. And since we are talking about India here, how about a complete selection of Indian movie/music content like EK has and great selection of Indian meals.

Hot towels are served in all DL cabins, twice on ULH. Once before first drink service and before final pre-landing meal service.

A350 Y is 32in,18w and is 3-3-3.

There is also the lower cabin pressure comfort for sleeping compared to older aircraft like the 777.

DL sources their catering menus by Korean eateries from ICN, DTW, or ATL.

tphuang

Sat May 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Lootess wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Lootess wrote:

Hot towels are served in all DL cabins, twice on ULH. Once before first drink service and before final pre-landing meal service.

There is also the lower cabin pressure comfort for sleeping compared to older aircraft like the 777.

I see 31 inch pretty much across the entire dl fleet. And a350 is only a small part of their fleet.

Why does it matter where they source Korean cater when we are talking about India here?

CaliguyNYC

Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm

tphuang wrote:
Lootess wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I see 31 inch pretty much across the entire dl fleet. And a350 is only a small part of their fleet.

Why does it matter where they source Korean cater when we are talking about India here?

I think he is trying to show that DL is culturally sensitive and seeks to offer food from top end chefs that cater to the market they are flying (btw I think they do this to most foreign destinations - I have seen it to FRA, ZRH, GRU, MAD, BCN). DL offers first class pax Asian Veg meals (Indian) on many domestic flights (they are good) while AA does not. DL already has a good selection of Indian movies and they don’t even fly to India. I’m sure the selection will expand BUT will probably be Bollywood focused and not a vast regional library. But whatever. Some ME3 fanboys will never like DL (but I can assure you ME3 fanboys are not even close to the majority of pax flying between US-India). But also remember there already are a lot of us who fly DL for work. Indian-Americans and many Indians are also very comfortable with the American style of service and connecting in India or the US is not culturally scary (meaning you rarely ever hear that on UA’s nonstop the flight staff were racist or treated people badly). DL is great with IRROPS even with partners. As a diamond I can call even about my 70 year old mom’s misconnection on a DL/AF ticket JFK-CDG-BOM and DL is on it. I have TONS of incentive to have my family fly DL and their partners to BOM. Finally since the 9W/AF/KL/VS partnership, 9W has dramatically increased flights between India and EU (and adding more). So something is working...

LAX772LR

Sat May 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Irehdna wrote:
Interesting that DL are choosing BOM over DEL.

But certainly no surprise.

Of the 6 different routes to India that DL has ever served with its own metal, 5 of them went to BOM.
Definitely not unanticipated that this one will too.

tphuang

Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Lootess wrote:

I think he is trying to show that DL is culturally sensitive and seeks to offer food from top end chefs that cater to the market they are flying (btw I think they do this to most foreign destinations - I have seen it to FRA, ZRH, GRU, MAD, BCN). DL offers first class pax Asian Veg meals (Indian) on many domestic flights (they are good) while AA does not. DL already has a good selection of Indian movies and they don’t even fly to India. I’m sure the selection will expand BUT will probably be Bollywood focused and not a vast regional library. But whatever. Some ME3 fanboys will never like DL (but I can assure you ME3 fanboys are not even close to the majority of pax flying between US-India). But also remember there already are a lot of us who fly DL for work. Indian-Americans and many Indians are also very comfortable with the American style of service and connecting in India or the US is not culturally scary (meaning you rarely ever hear that on UA’s nonstop the flight staff were racist or treated people badly). DL is great with IRROPS even with partners. As a diamond I can call even about my 70 year old mom’s misconnection on a DL/AF ticket JFK-CDG-BOM and DL is on it. I have TONS of incentive to have my family fly DL and their partners to BOM. Finally since the 9W/AF/KL/VS partnership, 9W has dramatically increased flights between India and EU (and adding more). So something is working...

I generally agree that DL has the best Y product amongst US carriers internationally and probably better than most European carriers. But they are really going to be up against it when it comes to facing EK, which has far more experience with Indian market with much Indian focused contents. Indian population will choose the product offering the best value for them in the end just like everyone else. Frankly, vast majority of people, even the business passengers going to India once or twice a year aren't going to be thinking about IRROPS when they book. This is a competitive market. Maybe not as low yielding as US-China, but EK effect is going to keep this low. And for majority of passengers to India from NYC, BOM is not the final destination, so they are going to be on equal footing when it comes to the number of stops.

N292UX

Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 pm

I'm now seeing on the JFK Wikipedia Page that DL is launching BUC on March 11, 2019 and BUD on March 25, 2019. No link though.

It is Wikipedia and anyone can edit that, but if it's true, pretty cool to see.

LAX772LR

Sat May 26, 2018 10:03 pm

N292UX wrote:
I'm now seeing on the JFK Wikipedia Page that DL is launching BUC on March 11, 2019 and BUD on March 25, 2019.

DL's certainly not going to be flying to a town of barely 300 people in north-central Australia. ;)

I'm guessing you mean Bucharest (OTP) which, along with BUD, they already launched then cancelled not very long ago.
Last edited by LAX772LR on Sat May 26, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N292UX

Sat May 26, 2018 10:06 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
N292UX wrote:
I'm now seeing on the JFK Wikipedia Page that DL is launching BUC on March 11, 2019 and BUD on March 25, 2019.

DL's certainly not going to be flying to a small city in north-central Australia... I'm guessing you mean Bucharest (OTP) which, along with BUD, they launched then cancelled not very long ago.

Yes, OTP, that is, not BUC. I do recall them serving both routes, with BUD being the last one dropped I think. I don't fully recall if they were served from ATL or JFK. I think JFK.

LAX772LR

Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm

N292UX wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
N292UX wrote:

DL's certainly not going to be flying to a small city in north-central Australia... I'm guessing you mean Bucharest (OTP) which, along with BUD, they launched then cancelled not very long ago.

Yes, OTP, that is, not BUC. I do recall them serving both routes, with BUD being the last one dropped I think. I don't fully recall if they were served from ATL or JFK. I think JFK.

It was JFK

Slash787

Sat May 26, 2018 11:53 pm

What Aircraft United uses for BOM - EWR?

B777-200ER ?

EK006

Sun May 27, 2018 1:05 am

Slash787 wrote:
What Aircraft United uses for BOM - EWR?

B777-200ER ?

Yes same as DEL

DIRECTFLT

Sun May 27, 2018 1:30 am

I asked a businessman that lives here in the DFW area if he wished there was non-stop service to India from the US.

He said no. He, like many people from India have ties to the UK and have relatives in the UK. So, it makes sense for him to stop over in the UK, on the way to India, to catch up with family and friends.

LAX772LR

Sun May 27, 2018 2:02 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I asked a businessman that lives here in the DFW area if he wished there was non-stop service to India from the US.

He said no. He, like many people from India have ties to the UK and have relatives in the UK. So, it makes sense for him to stop over in the UK, on the way to India, to catch up with family and friends.

Which is great for that person, and fortunately for him he has plenty of options with which to do so.... but for those conducting business, or attempting to establish such, time=$

Lootess

Sun May 27, 2018 2:10 am

Yeah, DL is culturally sensitive. When ATL-DXB was running, it was Emirates that catered for Delta at DXB. Korea is just one example because ICN is part of a JV and they have to compliment Korean Air when they ran the A380.

The 777s are getting exactly what the A350s have now, so the inflight product will be consistent.

9W is now very close to Delta, so everything will easily be taken care of from an Indian service standpoint right away, in-fact their recent CEO was an Asian VP at Delta.

DIRECTFLT wrote:

We could use more US no stops, even ATL-DXB had many Indian connections sent on Emirates. Lots of US companies have round the clock support thanks to branch offices in places like Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos