Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tphuang

Re: AA drops ORD-PEK

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 pm

The problem with starting flight in PHL is its proximity to EWR. People I know who live in PA close to NJ will simply drive to EWR or even JFK for flights to China. And people on the side can fly out of IAD. Could AA establish a flight to PEK out of PHL by drawing from NJ and DC area? They could, but that would simply get the even lower yielding types. PHL simply doesn't have a great O&D number to make it work. Flights to China are low yielding in general. It seems like AA found somewhat of a goldmine (relatively speaking) on the South America to China connection flight through DFW, which is why DFW-PEK/HKG work. If they start MIA, it will just canabalize the traffic they get on DFW. CLT is a complete joke for TPAC.

As for flights to NRT/HKG, as DL has shown recently, that's not a great market to be in unless you have a flag carrier on the other side. That's why they are going to do well to Korea but poorly to Japan and Hong Kong.

gwrudolph

Re: AA: ORD-Asia “Uniquely Challenging” to Route Structure

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:03 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:
United787 wrote:
I don't mean to be so negative on AA at ORD but why can't they seem to gain any ground against UA? Not in Europe, not in Asia... and not even in Latin America where they are strongest.

I think it might just be an economy of scale/volume problem. Is UA preferred for premium frequent fliers and corporate contracts because they fly the routes that AA doesn't. When travelling internationally, UA always has so many more options out of ORD. To Europe, if AA doesn't take you there non-stop, you will likely be routed through LHR. To Asia, if AA doesn't take you there you non-stop, you will likely be routed through NRT or maybe HKG. To Latin America, AA probably doesn't take you there non-stop so you will be routed through MIA. I am simplifying but that is my experience. Not only does AA fly to a lot less places non-stop when compared to UA, it's partners are more limited.

I wonder how much this is residual effects of the early One World strategy being more selective to only "premier" partners: BA, QF, JL, CX, LA etc. which aren't all really held to the same regard they were 10-15 years ago. Star Alliance on the other hand, focused more on quantity and connectivity and ended up with an overall better network... albeit with some great airlines and some mediocre ones.

Yield premium. UA is strongest internationally, mediocre on domestic.

AA is strong on domestic, weak international. The China fares and loads for them are/were terrible. 30-50% in Winter, 300-500 dollar fares...

It reflects on the service too, but the gap is closing.

I think OneWorld needs to have more interlines and more alliance partners here. But who else is left?

So do you think the end game here is AA only ends up serving ORD-LHR year round on its own metal?

What other ORD TATL routes do they still run year-round other than ORDLHR?

ADrum23

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

Yield premium. UA is strongest internationally, mediocre on domestic.

AA is strong on domestic, weak international. The China fares and loads for them are/were terrible. 30-50% in Winter, 300-500 dollar fares...

It reflects on the service too, but the gap is closing.

I think OneWorld needs to have more interlines and more alliance partners here. But who else is left?

So do you think the end game here is AA only ends up serving ORD-LHR year round on its own metal?

What other ORD TATL routes do they still run year-round other than ORDLHR?

None. ORD-LHR is the only one. AA ORD-CDG is suspended between January and the end of March and the rest (BCN, DUB, FCO, MAN and VCE) are summer seasonal only. I'm not sure when the latter 5 start and end.

gwrudolph

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:14 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
None. ORD-LHR is the only one. AA ORD-CDG is suspended between January and the end of March and the rest (BCN, DUB, FCO, MAN and VCE) are summer seasonal only. I'm not sure when the latter 5 start and end.

Wow, I didn't realize ORD TATL was that thin now. I'll predict that eventually they end ORD-PVG and eventually NRT and focus on LHR, island, and Mexico flying out of ORD. We might one day see a return of GRU and or start of EZE. I suppose those two are largely dependent on what happens with the economomies of Brazil and Argentina going forward.

ADrum23

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:24 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Wow, I didn't realize ORD TATL was that thin now. I'll predict that eventually they end ORD-PVG and eventually NRT and focus on LHR, island, and Mexico flying out of ORD. We might one day see a return of GRU and or start of EZE. I suppose those two are largely dependent on what happens with the economomies of Brazil and Argentina going forward.

From what I hear, the AA ORD summer TATL flying is profitable and popular, so I don't think that will go anywhere. I agree it is a matter of when before AA cuts ORD-PVG and perhaps even ORD-NRT on their own metal.

United1

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:01 pm

toobz wrote:
I When comparing the financials of the US3, UA lags quite a bit. Is this because they are not as likely to pull the plug on loss generating flights, like DL and AA?

Actual UA doesn't seem to be lagging this year...if the projections are correct UA should end up just ahead of AA this year in terms of margin.

Lootess

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:48 am

MAH4546 wrote:
No, it's not ironic. Early China-U.S. frequencies are unrestricted. AA does not have any of those. While DL is allowed to fly whatever it wants with those NRTPVG frequencies, AA must fly ORDPEK with or give it up. All of AA's China frequencies are route specific. UA and DL have some unrestricted allotments.

I forgot AA's are restricted. Nonetheless, it is somewhat ironic after starting LAX-PEK, they are cancelling ORD-PEK, so they had to know it was an at-risk route for awhile now.

acentauri

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:50 am

tphuang wrote:
The problem with starting flight in PHL is its proximity to EWR. People I know who live in PA close to NJ will simply drive to EWR or even JFK for flights to China. And people on the side can fly out of IAD. Could AA establish a flight to PEK out of PHL by drawing from NJ and DC area? They could, but that would simply get the even lower yielding types. PHL simply doesn't have a great O&D number to make it work. Flights to China are low yielding in general........ .

Funny this came up. Several years ago, US Airways filed (and were approved) for PHL-PEK using a (not yet acquired) set of A340-300s. They were unable to get the aircraft, however, and had to release the authority. The specially configured 340s would have required a stop west bound in Alaska and/or weight restrictions, as I vaguely recall.

AAplat4life

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Passenger numbers on ORD-PEK are down for all three carriers, but still healthy overall for 2 carriers to divide up. But with 3 carriers on a route, AA’s preference to connect passengers through DFW, and a mediocre product in business class (rear facing seats on the 787-8 that shake), AA had to drop this route.

daron4000

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:23 pm

AAplat4life wrote:
Passenger numbers on ORD-PEK are down for all three carriers, but still healthy overall for 2 carriers to divide up. But with 3 carriers on a route, AA’s preference to connect passengers through DFW, and a mediocre product in business class (rear facing seats on the 787-8 that shake), AA had to drop this route.

Maybe it's just me but I'd take AA's rear-facing seats with the shaking over UA's 2-4-2 dormitory seating every day I could. Surprised they couldn't make it work with what I consider to be a product advantage.

zakuivcustom

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:40 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

From what I hear, the AA ORD summer TATL flying is profitable and popular, so I don't think that will go anywhere. I agree it is a matter of when before AA cuts ORD-PVG and perhaps even ORD-NRT on their own metal.

ORD-PVG may get dropped next, but using T100 data, AA has a 87% LF on ORD-NRT (UA = 77%, JL = 76%, NH = 79.3%). Seems to me that they find the right plane (788) to fly the route (Total pax are about equal on all 4 carriers, around 140k-150k each for 2017).

For comparison, ORD-PVG, with a 788, only has around 79% LF (Same for MH and UA), with UA flying the route on a 77E, MU on a 77W.

Yes, load factor is not the full story. Fare to TYO is not depressed, though, unlike mainland China.

LAXdude1023

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:11 pm

AAplat4life wrote:

Have you flown on UA's 777 that flies from ORD to PEK? I flew it from ORD-HKG recently and I can promise you whatever AA has on their 787 is worlds better.

kiowa

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:22 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
AAplat4life wrote:

Have you flown on UA's 777 that flies from ORD to PEK? I flew it from ORD-HKG recently and I can promise you whatever AA has on their 787 is worlds better.

I flew PEK to ORD 2 days ago on UA. Seating was great in business, WIFI worked and we arrived 45 minutes early. Flight was on a UA 777-200. I cannot "promise you" that United's product is "worlds better" than AAs on their 787 because I have not flown it yet.

K

LAXdude1023

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:32 pm

kiowa wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
AAplat4life wrote:

I flew PEK to ORD 2 days ago on UA. Seating was great in business, WIFI worked and we arrived 45 minutes early. Flight was on a UA 777-200. I cannot "promise you" that United's product is "worlds better" than AAs on their 787 because I have not flown it yet.

K

Was it the plane that was 8 across in business? Because that one is horrible relative to other carriers!

Swadian

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 pm

lowfareair wrote:
I agree on PHL/CLT-Asia flight(s), particularly TYO with the JL JV. It wouldn't shock me to see an ORD-Asia 788 flip to PHL/CLT-TYO. With them talking more about Europe, I'd expect 788s to start appearing in PHL/CLT next year for some of the 763 flying that will need to be covered as those birds are retired/sent to new destinations, especially when they reduce the J count to 20 on the 788.

Who said AA is reducing J count on the 788 to 20? They currently have 28 J on the 763, so why reduce the 788 to less than 763?

Kashmon wrote:
this is not surprising
considering AA's strategy of growth ( JFK) involves cutting routes...
no wonder they are cutting routes trans pacific.

I imagine they will cut more...

By 2021 they will start their process of cutting Latin America as well to further enhance their network...

AA can't make a flight from Chicago to Beijing work.... the only reason this airline exists is because of the monopoly power handed to them by the government

I mean
Chicago
to Beijing...

Hogwash. No one gave AA a monopoly, not even in the regulated days!

quote="ADrum23"]
United787 wrote:
I don't mean to be so negative on AA at ORD but why can't they seem to gain any ground against UA? Not in Europe, not in Asia... and not even in Latin America where they are strongest.

I think it might just be an economy of scale/volume problem. Is UA preferred for premium frequent fliers and corporate contracts because they fly the routes that AA doesn't. When travelling internationally, UA always has so many more options out of ORD. To Europe, if AA doesn't take you there non-stop, you will likely be routed through LHR. To Asia, if AA doesn't take you there you non-stop, you will likely be routed through NRT or maybe HKG. To Latin America, AA probably doesn't take you there non-stop so you will be routed through MIA. I am simplifying but that is my experience. Not only does AA fly to a lot less places non-stop when compared to UA, it's partners are more limited.

I wonder how much this is residual effects of the early One World strategy being more selective to only "premier" partners: BA, QF, JL, CX, LA etc. which aren't all really held to the same regard they were 10-15 years ago. Star Alliance on the other hand, focused more on quantity and connectivity and ended up with an overall better network... albeit with some great airlines and some mediocre ones.

The issue is simple: AA is, has been, and always will be second fiddle to UA at ORD. UA has more options because they have more gates and a much more extensive network via their alliance. It is a miracle AA is even able to compete at ORD (though one has to wonder how profitable their ORD hub really is).

The Chicago market is big, but can it really support UA's largest hub, AA's third largest hub and WN's largest focus city all at the same time?[/quote]

Chicago did always support the largest rail hub in the nation. Every major railroad has extremely significant operations in Chicago.
Last edited by Swadian on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swadian

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm

BroadwayLimited wrote:
Sounds like Delta might have been one step ahead of the game, the way they are handling Asia. Delta has had to readjust their Asia strategy, now American is having to readjust its Asia strategy. A lot of adjustments going on in the industry in regards to Asia. Smart for Delta and now American to tackle the problem head-on now.

To be honest, the big three kind of have international pretty well split up. Delta basically has Europe, American has South American, and UA has Asia. Isn't competition a wonderful thing!.

DL isn't really doing any better in Asia considering they just cut SEA-HKG.

UPlog wrote:
Its true, does seem like AA-DL-UA seem to each have a primary area of strength - much thanks to assets they purchased from folks like Pan Am and Eastern.

Regarding Asia, seems UA saw all the changes coming more than a decade ago, having worked to adapt its network away from Tokyo and focused on building SFO combined with JV partnerships. Appears this is paying big dividends not while both AA and DL must adapt and figure out their own new strategies to serve the region.

Well, someone is speaking positively of UA on this forum for once.

zakuivcustom

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Swadian wrote:
lowfareair wrote:
I agree on PHL/CLT-Asia flight(s), particularly TYO with the JL JV. It wouldn't shock me to see an ORD-Asia 788 flip to PHL/CLT-TYO. With them talking more about Europe, I'd expect 788s to start appearing in PHL/CLT next year for some of the 763 flying that will need to be covered as those birds are retired/sent to new destinations, especially when they reduce the J count to 20 on the 788.

Who said AA is reducing J count on the 788 to 20? They currently have 28 J on the 763, so why reduce the 788 to less than 763?

Was this ever confirmed?

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... -aircraft/

Talks are that AA would removed that 2 rows of J to put in Y+ seats. But they can just as easily reduced their MCE section to fit those Y+ seats in.

Lootess

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Swadian wrote:
BroadwayLimited wrote:
Sounds like Delta might have been one step ahead of the game, the way they are handling Asia. Delta has had to readjust their Asia strategy, now American is having to readjust its Asia strategy. A lot of adjustments going on in the industry in regards to Asia. Smart for Delta and now American to tackle the problem head-on now.

To be honest, the big three kind of have international pretty well split up. Delta basically has Europe, American has South American, and UA has Asia. Isn't competition a wonderful thing!.

HKG isn't all of "Asia", and the fact that DL was the only carrier on SEA-HKG says a lot. ATL-PVG is getting added in just a few weeks.

Alphazone

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:29 pm

mcogator wrote:
With fuel prices rising, no doubt the US3 are bleeding on these routes. Theres only so many paid J travelers for all the capacity.

I dunno, these days in my airport the flights to PVG and PEK are oversold in J every day.

compensateme

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Alphazone wrote:
I dunno, these days in my airport the flights to PVG and PEK are oversold in J every day.

LOL, what airline oversells J “every day?” Unicorn Airlines from its Atlantis hub? Delta on its A380 service from its AUS hub?

dcajet

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:35 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

AA already operated ORD-EZE. There is not enough point to point traffic and from a connections' perspective, ORD offers nothing that DFW or LAX don't offer already. LAX begins in Dec.

Planeboy17

Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:18 am

Alphazone wrote:
mcogator wrote:
With fuel prices rising, no doubt the US3 are bleeding on these routes. Theres only so many paid J travelers for all the capacity.

Do you want to keep your airport a secret?

chrisp390

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:15 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
mcogator wrote:

I believe he is referring to DTW and DL’s DTW-PVG and DRW-PEK flight.

Alphazone

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:36 pm

compensateme wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

LOL, what airline oversells J “every day?” Unicorn Airlines from its Atlantis hub? Delta on its A380 service from its AUS hub?

What was your goal with this post
Last edited by Alphazone on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alphazone

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
mcogator wrote:

To answer your question, alongside
LAX
DFW
EWR
SFO
SEA
ORD [AA- PVG, UA- PEK]
there is one airport with service from an American carrier to both of these cities, and it's Detroit.

LAXdude1023

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Alphazone wrote:
compensateme wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

Hes basically saying you either are grossly exaggerating or dont actually know what youre talking about.

toobz

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:55 pm

I wasn’t aware that overbooking J is a thing...

RvA

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:29 pm

toobz wrote:
I wasn’t aware that overbooking J is a thing...

On routes with historical no shows or multiple flights per day it is.

ORDfan

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:01 pm

LAXintl wrote:
AA has tried tons of longhaul routes over the years from ORD -- EZE, DEL, GRU, FRA, HEL, DME, etc.

As AA VP of Networks stated today, Chicago international flying has historically been "chronically loss-making - some of the worst in the network."

Honestly, I think this has more to do with AA than ORD. AA long-haul product is terrible.. actually IMO, they suck in general. Never waited for a gate as many times as I have with AA.

Star TATL are doing great at ORD. IMO, a lot of it has to do with the fact that the O&D market is able to choose their pick of superior foreign flag product. And in the scheme of things UA > AA. Unless you're a tourist booking [insert AE origin here] to Europe or Asia, who in their right mind would fly AA overseas? I'd recommend anyone to shoot for one their OneWorld partners for the intercon leg. If I'm flying J and the spread to JAL, ANA, etc is within a thousand bucks or so, I'm going with the other shop every time.

jumbojet

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Swadian wrote:
[]

[.

he wasnt suggesting that. He was saying that AA is finally taking a page out DL's playbook and dropping a prestigious route because it is a huge money loser and is best served via other hubs and airports.

Alphazone

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:50 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
compensateme wrote:

Hes basically saying you either are grossly exaggerating or dont actually know what youre talking about.

Hahaha, well anyone can come to DTW and ask any DL gate agent about the PVG and PEK flights during summertime and substantiate what I wrote.

BroadwayLimited

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:32 am

jumbojet wrote:
Swadian wrote:

he wasnt suggesting that. He was saying that AA is finally taking a page out DL's playbook and dropping a prestigious route because it is a huge money loser and is best served via other hubs and airports.

Thank you! That is EXACTLY what I was saying!

Planeboy17

Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:08 am

Alphazone wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

Hahaha, well anyone can come to DTW and ask any DL gate agent about the PVG and PEK flights during summertime and substantiate what I wrote.

Um, maybe actual data instead of word of mouth from gate agents would be more persuasive.

Alphazone

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

Um, maybe actual data instead of word of mouth from gate agents would be more persuasive.

I'm not quoting a "word of mouth from gate agents" but my own experience, if you have reason to doubt what I'm saying then do explain the reason. I won't enter pissing contest with some children from the internet.

MSPNWA

Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Alphazone wrote:
I'm not quoting a "word of mouth from gate agents" but my own experience, if you have reason to doubt what I'm saying then do explain the reason. I won't enter pissing contest with some children from the internet.

DL does not intentionally overbook J.

Can't imagine AA or UA overbook J either.

Planeboy17

Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Alphazone wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

So you wrote a definitive claim that J class is sold out to PEK and PVG everyday from my airport but fail to say what airport that was, without any data to verify and literally wrote “ ask any gate agent about the PVG and PEK flights during the summertime and substantiate what I wrote” but claim not to be using word of mouth and then get snippy and call anyone questioning your claim children. Why can’t we just have a normal conversation about this instead of it degrading to this?

Alphazone

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:

So you wrote a definitive claim that J class is sold out to PEK and PVG everyday from my airport but fail to say what airport that was, without any data to verify and literally wrote “ ask any gate agent about the PVG and PEK flights during the summertime and substantiate what I wrote” but claim not to be using word of mouth and then get snippy and call anyone questioning your claim children. Why can’t we just have a normal conversation about this instead of it degrading to this?

Ok, so my first claim is not based on a "word of mouth" haha I called DL yesterday to book PVG, PEK flight leaving that day and -10 was the availability of both, with J -1 at least.

United1

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Alphazone wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

Ok, so my first claim is not based on a "word of mouth" haha I called DL yesterday to book PVG, PEK flight leaving that day and -10 was the availability of both, with J -1 at least.

Well that's an interesting claim...looking at July 1st there are 11 seats open in J from DTW-PEK and 4 open J seats on the DTW-PVG flight. Now I'm sure lots of those seats will be taken by upgrades but DL is certainly not selling to capacity every day or overbooking. AFAIK no US airline overbooks J...that's just asking for problems.

Can someone also please remind me what does any of this have to do with AA dropping ORD-PEK?

Alphazone

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:05 pm

United1 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:

Well that's an interesting claim...looking at July 1st there are 11 seats open in J from DTW-PEK and 4 open J seats on the DTW-PVG flight. Now I'm sure lots of those seats will be taken by upgrades but DL is certainly not selling to capacity every day or overbooking. AFAIK no US airline overbooks J...that's just asking for problems.

Can someone also please remind me what does any of this have to do with AA dropping ORD-PEK?

Your date July 1 is Sunday which may account for fewer businesspeople traveling than during the work week.

Swadian

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:31 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Swadian wrote:
[]

[.

It's still a little different because AA still serves PEK from LAX and DFW, but DL will not serve HKG at all.

Samrnpage

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:32 pm

The Chinese carriers are very smart - they have deliberately price dumped on these routes.

United1

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Alphazone wrote:
United1 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

Your date July 1 is Sunday which may account for fewer businesspeople traveling than during the work week.

No doubt but that doesn't exactly lend credence to your claim of "I dunno, these days in my airport the flights to PVG and PEK are oversold in J every day." does it?

Sightseer

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:36 pm

United1 wrote:

I'll take "nothing" for $1,000, Alex.

Alphazone

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:36 pm

United1 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
United1 wrote:

No doubt but that doesn't exactly lend credence to your claim of "I dunno, these days in my airport the flights to PVG and PEK are oversold in J every day." does it?

I don't know why you are trying to argue with the common knowledge that these flights are constantly oversold. You presented data for one day, in advance of the actual date; odds are the flights will be oversold or full by tomorrow.

United1

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Alphazone wrote:
United1 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

I don't know why you are trying to argue with the common knowledge that these flights are constantly oversold. You presented data for one day, in advance of the actual date; odds are the flights will be oversold or full by tomorrow.

Common knowledge? Shirley you kidding me.....and yes I'm calling you Shirley.

BTW that one data point I presented is more information than you have presented this entire thread. If you would like to be successful at this argument please present data (gate agent, pilot and F/A chatter does not count) that shows every DL flight from DTW-PEK/PVG is oversold every day. If you can't/won't might I suggest to you that you stop making things up and return this thread to what it originally was...ie a discussion on AA dropping ORD-PEK.

Alphazone

Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:46 pm

United1 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
United1 wrote:

BTW that one data point I presented is more information than you have presented this entire thread. If you would like to be successful at this argument please present data (gate agent, pilot and F/A chatter does not count) that shows every DL flight from DTW-PEK/PVG is oversold every day. If you can't/won't might I suggest to you that you stop making things up and return this thread to what it originally was...ie a discussion on AA dropping ORD-PEK.

Uhhhh

If it's really important to you, might I suggest to you that you check the loads for "every DL flight from DTW-PEK/PVG" that's one flight to each, daily

And post it here.

United1

Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:02 pm

Alphazone wrote:
United1 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

Uhhhh

If it's really important to you, might I suggest to you that you check the loads for "every DL flight from DTW-PEK/PVG" that's one flight to each, daily

And post it here.

Bwhahaha

You are the one who made that ridiculous claim...not me. If you want to support it with facts feel free. Otherwise I would suggest dropping it.

United1

Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:03 pm

Rookie87

Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:26 pm

ORDfan wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
AA has tried tons of longhaul routes over the years from ORD -- EZE, DEL, GRU, FRA, HEL, DME, etc.

As AA VP of Networks stated today, Chicago international flying has historically been "chronically loss-making - some of the worst in the network."

Honestly, I think this has more to do with AA than ORD. AA long-haul product is terrible.. actually IMO, they suck in general. Never waited for a gate as many times as I have with AA.

Star TATL are doing great at ORD. IMO, a lot of it has to do with the fact that the O&D market is able to choose their pick of superior foreign flag product. And in the scheme of things UA > AA. Unless you're a tourist booking [insert AE origin here] to Europe or Asia, who in their right mind would fly AA overseas? I'd recommend anyone to shoot for one their OneWorld partners for the intercon leg. If I'm flying J and the spread to JAL, ANA, etc is within a thousand bucks or so, I'm going with the other shop every time.

Based on what??
AA’s J product is on par with JAL and CX, better than BA and from what has been shown with Polaris, leagues ahead. The 767 is garbage yes, but they took the 767 out of long haul in ORD which is only 788 now. If the backwards seat is your issue with the product than that’s your issue and a personal one. But to call it terrible without any substantual facts when UAs Polaris feel flat on their face... I smell a troll.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/skift.com/ ... ality/amp/

Anyways, I do wonder though what really made ORD Long haul loss making. Lack of contracts? Marketing? Price dumping from AI and the Chinese airlines? Overall network out of ORD?

Alphazone

Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:59 pm

United1 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
United1 wrote:

Uhhhh

And post it here.

Bwhahaha

You are the one who made that ridiculous claim...not me. If you want to support it with facts feel free. Otherwise I would suggest dropping it.

I don't have to prove anything for you because I know that what I wrote about the DTW-PVG DTW-PEK flights is fact, and, any reader can surmise who here is right, it is quite clear.

I finish my participation in this thread

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos