Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mercure1
Topic Author

Air Tahiti Nui reveal brand refresh

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:36 am

In anticipation of arrival of 787 fleet starting in November, today Air Tahiti Nui revealed a branding refresh.

The updated logo designed by Christopher Lee in cooperation with Australian media firm again features the Tiare flower which is a symbol of French Polynesia on a darker blue background with updated character font.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbsbI3CU8AU7HRR.jpg

Lets see how the updated livery will look.

Mortyman

Re: Air Tahiti Nui reveal brand refresh

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 am

looks like it's gonna be a dark boring Lufthansa thing by that photo ....

Trystar

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 am

At least this new branding only looks about 15 years old as opposed to 30.

MalevTU134

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 am

Boooooring....

From a tourist's point of view (to whom this airline caters primarily), Tahiti is vivid colors, such as the light blue of the water in a lagoon. This dark shade of blue, and a flower that my 5-year-old could have drawn better, reminds me of, well, yes, as others have said, Lufthansa or even SAS, more "serious" or business-like airlines. Heck, for a while I was hoping that the new logo were those flowers on top of that cupboard on the right in the picture...
A shot in the foot, if you ask me.
Last edited by MalevTU134 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mortyman

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:29 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
Boooooring....

From a tourist's point of view (to whom this airline caters primarily), Tahiti is vivid colors, such as the light blue of the water in a lagoon. This dark shade of blue, and a flower that my 5-year old could have drawn better, reminds me of, well, yes, as others have said, Lufthansa or even SAS, more "serious" or business-like airlines.

Hey ! SAS is actually pretty colorful compared to Lufthansa

idp5601

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 am

I'm going to get crucified by the a.net mob for this, but I am a very big fan of the new logo. The current one is a little too cartoon-y for my taste TBH.

MalevTU134

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:35 am

Mortyman wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
Boooooring....

From a tourist's point of view (to whom this airline caters primarily), Tahiti is vivid colors, such as the light blue of the water in a lagoon. This dark shade of blue, and a flower that my 5-year old could have drawn better, reminds me of, well, yes, as others have said, Lufthansa or even SAS, more "serious" or business-like airlines.

Yes, you are right. That should make Lufthansa sit down and ponder...

smi0006

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:49 am

Curious to see how the livery looks. Not like TN has much competition to Taheiti these days anyway.

MrHMSH

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am

TN's livery is one of my all-time favourites. From there the majority of ways go down. I'm hoping that we'll still be seeing a beautiful and recognisable livery. I was really looking forward to seeing the current livery in their 787s though...

kriskim

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am

I love what I am seeing so far, the new logo is very refined and has more of a 'premium feel', more akin with a 5 star resort seen in Bora Bora. Let's just hope that the new livery is worthy of its predecessor.

I really do love the vibrant tones of blue and white of the current livery. However if they decide to go the same route as Fiji Airways, I won't mind that either.

MrBren

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:48 am

I particularly like it, a French touch of luxury.

planemanofnz

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am

mercure1 wrote:
The updated logo designed by Christopher Lee ...

Eh, no - it's Alexander Lee.

See: https://www.instagram.com/p/BiBXpOfhdeT ... rleestudio.

smi0006 wrote:
Not like TN has much competition to Taheiti these days anyway.

It actually has an increasing amount of competition, with both French Blue and United launching PPT services from North America.

Cheers,

C.

mercure1
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:21 am

While deep blue is the primary base color, they have also issued logo with colors in black, mid blue and light blue background that will be utilized in various marketing efforts such as frequent flyer, and class of service branding

PPVLC

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 pm

I'm a big Christopher Lee fan ;)

LAXintl

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:01 pm

While TN livery is stunning in many ways, its also 20-years old.

With company about to embark on a new chapter with 787 about arrive, a brand refresh is probably right.

zkojq

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Noooooo, Air Tahiti Nui's livery is literally perfect. Please nobody mess with it. :hissyfit:

MrHMSH wrote:
TN's livery is one of my all-time favourites. From there the majority of ways go down. I'm hoping that we'll still be seeing a beautiful and recognisable livery. I was really looking forward to seeing the current livery in their 787s though...

I agree.

SonOfABeech

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm

The logo looks nice, but I have to see a livery before making any final judgement.

MalevTU134

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 pm

zkojq wrote:
Noooooo, Air Tahiti Nui's livery is literally perfect. Please nobody mess with it. :hissyfit:

MrHMSH wrote:

I agree.

Agree 100%

redzeppelin

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:22 pm

My first reaction is that the flower looks like a propeller from the A400M.

BHXLOVER

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:30 pm

mercure1 wrote:
While deep blue is the primary base color, they have also issued logo with colors in black, mid blue and light blue background that will be utilized in various marketing efforts such as frequent flyer, and class of service branding

They might be on to something with the lighter blue background. All the others look dull to me.

aerorobnz

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:38 pm

The font and the colours are great. the actual logo is not so nice. It is asymmetric which upsets me somewhat. The old logo was not misproportioned

sgbroimp

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:20 pm

J Series Herc propeller?

ikolkyo

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Damn, I really wanted to see the current livery on the 787-9!

aeromoe

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:26 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
Damn, I really wanted to see the current livery on the 787-9!

Maybe they'll do one up with a retro color scheme!

AirbusOnly

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:07 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
Mortyman wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
Boooooring....

Yes, you are right. That should make Lufthansa sit down and ponder...

Hey guys Lufthansa bashing is amusing he? And has sooooooo much to do with this Topic...omg

JAAlbert

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:28 pm

I wonder if the darker blue background will continue onto the fuselage as it does with the current livery? A dark color on the top of the plane could cause problems keeping the plane cool while on the tarmac (or will it with a CFRP fuselage?) and it tends to fade over time and look, well faded.

Does Air New Zealand have problems keeping the cabin comfortable on the tarmac on its planes sporting the black livery?

leleko747

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:32 pm

I don't mind with the new font, I just hope they keep their planes with the very tropical-look blue.
And hope they don't go eurowhite, or extremely-boring eurowhite... or Lufthansa-class-boring Eurowhite.

adamblang

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 pm

I like this logo and typeface. It's an improvement over their presently dated logo and typeface. How that translates into a livery and visual identity, time will tell.

DTWorld

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:51 pm

While TN's livery is one of my favorites, I do like how refined and sophisticated this logo is much like FJ. The current one looks a little cartoonish in comparison.

Runway28L

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Is it me or have there been an unusually high amount of brand refreshes in 2018 compared to other years?

Gonzalo

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:35 pm

I have the intention to fly with TN in September, I hope I still can catch one of the colourish A343, TBH I don’t like the new logo, like others said before, when you think in Polinesia or Tahiti you think in a very colorful place, the flag carrier should be more representative of that.

ER757

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:47 pm

mercure1 wrote:

They'd be well advised to go with one of the two lighter shades in their livery - we shall see

filipair

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 am

I think it's a good change. The current livery makes TN look like a charter carrier. Yes, the livery needs to be tropical, but it looks cheap at the moment. That doesn't jive with Tahiti's brand as a upscale destination..

QueenoftheSkies

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:27 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
Boooooring....

From a tourist's point of view (to whom this airline caters primarily), Tahiti is vivid colors, such as the light blue of the water in a lagoon. This dark shade of blue, and a flower that my 5-year-old could have drawn better, reminds me of, well, yes, as others have said, Lufthansa or even SAS, more "serious" or business-like airlines. Heck, for a while I was hoping that the new logo were those flowers on top of that cupboard on the right in the picture...

Maybe it’s their intent to move away from the colorful fruity airline “look” and instead a more serious and respectable carrier. Although Hawaiian is an example of a professional image yet very Hawaii at the same time.

crownvic

Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:34 am

I've seen the new livery, but cannot post it. I doubt anyone will be disappointed! Trust me :)

ELBOB

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:12 am

filipair wrote:
I think it's a good change. The current livery makes TN look like a charter carrier. Yes, the livery needs to be tropical, but it looks cheap at the moment. That doesn't jive with Tahiti's brand as a upscale destination..

Most air travel to Tahiti is part of a package, so the fact that they 'look like' a charter carrier in your opinion is actually fairly appropriate.

In fact, centre-page position on the Air Tahiti Nui website is 'Find the best holiday packages'; those aren't provided by the airline but by holiday companies. So whatever livery is on the aeroplane is actually irrelevant.

planemanofnz

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:34 am

ELBOB wrote:
... whatever livery is on the aeroplane is actually irrelevant.

That's a bit over the top, don't you think? The airline still has to maintain competitive branding against the likes of AF, and soon BF and UA, on the lucrative North American and CDG routes.

For what it's worth, not all traffic on TN is holiday/package-focused - they sell transfer tickets from AKL to LAX, CDG and NRT, and have O&D traffic to compete for on the LAX - CDG route.

Cheers,

C.

AOMlover

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 pm

It looks like the heart of the flower is shaped like the face of a woman:

EvanWSFO

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Doesn't need changing, it's one of the best liveries around. Somehow I expect the fuselage will end up white. zzzzz

kosmonaute

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 pm

The website has been updated with the new branding, with the light aqua blue being the predominate color.

I highly doubt the new livery will go down the Lufthansa rebranding route and be all white.

planemanofnz

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:47 am

kosmonaute wrote:
The website has been updated with the new branding ...

Sadly, other outlets like their Facebook account are yet to be updated - it would've been nice to have had a consistent and standardized roll-out.

Cheers,

C.

ZK-NBT

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:09 am

https://www.airtahitinui.com/nz-en/news ... -new-brand

No actual renderings of the new livery however but a little bit more on where they are at.

kosmonaute

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:09 am

planemanofnz wrote:
Sadly, other outlets like their Facebook account are yet to be updated - it would've been nice to have had a consistent and standardized roll-out.

It now looks like most of their social media platforms have been updated. As TN is a very small company, it wouldn't surprise me if there was only one person working on their social media presence. Also, internet speeds on Tahiti can at times be very slow, so uploading photos and files can take much longer than in most places.

They've added a photo on Instagram introducing their new branding:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiD8ngFA5_c/?taken-by=airtahitinui

I'm leaving for PPT later today and am interested to see if any of the new branding has a presence in Faa'a.

NZ321

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:22 am

Well I just hope that they take the new brand and bring a little more life into the realisation on the plane as there is not, IMHO, a lot broken with the current livery which is - as some have intimated above - so distinctive and evocative of the experience in many ways. Part of this comes from the other colours. The new logo seems a little "flat" or "heavy". But mind is open - let's see how they render it on the aircraft.

Trystar

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:40 pm

kosmonaute wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

It now looks like most of their social media platforms have been updated. As TN is a very small company, it wouldn't surprise me if there was only one person working on their social media presence. Also, internet speeds on Tahiti can at times be very slow, so uploading photos and files can take much longer than in most places.

All it takes is one person to coordinate the roll-out, it's not hard. And uploading a few photos wouldn't take longer than a few hours at an absolute maximum regardless of connection.

BOMFlyer

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:38 pm

I actually think that this is a great brand refresh. The darker browns and blues give a classier feel, which is apt given the 'prestige' destination that French Polynesia is. The font certainly adds to the classiness. And considering how many colours they have revealed, I don't think the new livery will be Lufthansa-bland, but I think they'll pull off what LH was intending, a classier, more contemporary, high-end brand.

I hope that they add some of the designs they've added on their website to the livery, like FJ has.

F27500

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:57 pm

AOMlover wrote:

.... who has blood pouring out of her neck. very cheerful! (and a rip off of HA with the "face in a flower" motif.

Antarius

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:10 pm

QueenoftheSkies wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
Boooooring....

Maybe it’s their intent to move away from the colorful fruity airline “look” and instead a more serious and respectable carrier. Although Hawaiian is an example of a professional image yet very Hawaii at the same time.

Agreed. HA has a stunning livery. And with the brand refresh it's even better. The silver lei along the fuselage is sublime

StrandedAtMKG

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 pm

This is one of those things that are very nice at first glance, but the more I study it the less I like it. (I do give them points for the clever silhouette of the lady in the center, though.) The R in "Air" is just unnecessary flair that doesn't match the rest of the text and throws the balance of the whole thing off. But worst of all, if I had to look at that off-kilter flower on a regular basis it would slowly drive me mad. All they had to do was stretch the two top-right petals out a little.

HI442ct

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:43 pm

F27500 wrote:
AOMlover wrote:

.... who has blood pouring out of her neck. very cheerful! (and a rip off of HA with the "face in a flower" motif.

Seriously, your mind sees " blood pouring from her neck"?, thats a bit disturbing, its also a copy of PA because its blue!
Sarcasm off..

Like that they cleaned up the logo a bit, cannot wait to see the finished livery

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos