EA CO AS

Re: OAG Changes 4/15/2018: WS Drops YYC-DFW/ORD, BOS-YUL; UA Adds IAD-PBG; AS Trims More Transcons

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 pm

n7371f wrote:
This took 5 seconds to search

And it shows. You're simply citing an op-ed from a writer who is making the same incorrect assumptions as you. Had you bothered to search for other articles opining that AS was just out to wipe VX from the map, you'd be hard pressed to find any.

I realize that two heads may appear better than one, but not when both begin their argument under the same flawed assumptions.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

EvanWSFO

Re: OAG Changes 4/15/2018: WS Drops YYC-DFW/ORD, BOS-YUL; UA Adds IAD-PBG; AS Trims More Transcons

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 pm

jordanh wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
4x daily Moscow-New York, odd timing for an increase, especially being Russia
Have they ever been that high before?

Those are extra sections during World Cup in Russia... nothing more.

Why would there be extra flights for the World Cup, given the U.S. did not qualify? Lots of ways for qualifying nations to get there without going through JFK.

drdisque

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
jordanh wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
4x daily Moscow-New York, odd timing for an increase, especially being Russia
Have they ever been that high before?

Those are extra sections during World Cup in Russia... nothing more.

Why would there be extra flights for the World Cup, given the U.S. did not qualify? Lots of ways for qualifying nations to get there without going through JFK.

Lots of media, corporate sponsors, and fans of other countries who live in the US are going.

airliner371

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:48 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
n7371f wrote:
This took 5 seconds to search

And it shows. You're simply citing an op-ed from a writer who is making the same incorrect assumptions as you. Had you bothered to search for other articles opining that AS was just out to wipe VX from the map, you'd be hard pressed to find any.

I realize that two heads may appear better than one, but not when both begin their argument under the same flawed assumptions.

Sure, ignore my well written argument and go after the obvious weak one...
Support Net Neutrality, Support airliners.net!

EA CO AS

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 pm

airliner371 wrote:
I'm sorry, but how can you say VX and AS weren't competitors before the acquisition?

I never said they weren't; I just pointed out that they directly competed on precisely six routes, as that's one of the biggest factors the DOJ uses when determining whether or not any M&A activity is anti-competitive. VX did lower yields on those few routes where they directly competed with AS, no question, but saying eliminating them as a competitor was a motivating factor in the acquisition is like saying someone bought a new car for the free floor mats from the dealer; sure, you'll take them and appreciate that it's one less thing to worry about, but it's hardly in the top ten reasons you'd go ahead with the purchase.

Better? :)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos